1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Drampa: Unranked ---> C-
Yes, I am dead serious, this isn't a meme, I legitimately think Drampa has a substantial enough niche to be ranked in spite of Porygon-Z and Meloetta existing.

That niche? Being able to take on things neither of those other two mons can hope to take on, which includes:

Genesect
Mega Metagross
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Scizor
Mega Mawile
Tapu Koko (with some prediction vs sub)
Whimsicott and Jumpluff without stupid Uproar bs

In return, it doesn't really sacrifice a lot of notable match-ups compared to its competition.

Here's the set I've been using:
Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 216 SpA / 176 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Meta trends in favor of the best mon ever:
-kyub is dead
-fairium koko is dead along with kyub
-hp fire pz is dead, removing competition for its niche

tldr rank yung dramps

i have a few things to post about:

Drampa: Unranked ---> C-
Yes, I am dead serious, this isn't a meme, I legitimately think Drampa has a substantial enough niche to be ranked in spite of Porygon-Z and Meloetta existing.

That niche? Being able to take on things neither of those other two mons can hope to take on, which includes:

Genesect
Mega Metagross
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Scizor
Mega Mawile
Tapu Koko (with some prediction vs sub)
Whimsicott and Jumpluff without stupid Uproar bs

In return, it doesn't really sacrifice a lot of notable match-ups compared to its competition.

Here's the set I've been using:
Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 216 SpA / 176 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Meta trends in favor of the best mon ever:
-kyub is dead
-fairium koko is dead along with kyub
-hp fire pz is dead, removing competition for its niche

tldr rank yung dramps
Couldn't agree more. The removal of KyuB specifically helps this thing. It's powerful, and has two great abilities, Sap Sipper and Berserk, the former is what I was looking for; a mon not many people know about that can absorb the subseeder's status moves.

I'm also gonna attempt to give Drampa a friend in VR if it gets ranked:

Steelix Unranked --> D or C-

Steelix is a secret mega evolution that is almost never seen but is basically a compression of Aggron and Rhyperior. It acts like aggron by choosing to mega evolve or keep sturdy, giving it some questionable matchups. It's a super tank like Rhyperior and gets something Aggron probably wants: Rock Blast.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 80 Def / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Before I talk, let's just see how tanky this guy gets:

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 80 Def Steelix-Mega: 236-278 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

wow

After Curse, Steelix's Gyro Ball hits very hard. Rock blast eats Lv1s and guys weak to it. Earthquake is stab (lol)

Need a Koko counter? Need a Lele check? Need a possible answer to Magearna, Porygon-Z, Pheromosa, and a bunch of more things? This is probably the guy.

However, low speed comes at a price, leaving it victim to Babiricott, Kew™, and Smeargle. Bulky water types and venusaur are examples of things that tank and stall it.

Hey I don't even play this meta lol.

Haxorus.png
Haxorus: D -> C+/C

Honestly a pretty solid mon atm now that Kyu-B is no longer around to break through abilities. DD Dragonium is great but I'm really liking Choice Scarf for its ability to outspeed and OHKO stuff like Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, Magnezone, Greninja (non-scarf) and Mega Lopunny. It's great for frail teams that dislike the presence of Mimikyu and sturdy users like Golem. I'd nominate it higher, but baby steps.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail / Aqua Tail

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Dragonite: A ---> A+
Self-explanatory, really. Kyurem-Black's omnipresence was truly the only thing keeping this from rising, and now that he's out of the picture, the nite has free reign with a crap-ton of sets to run.

Haxorus: D ---> C+ or higher
While I have admittedly not tested this out, my friend Tonda Gossa! has, and it's quite the menace. Scarf Haxorus takes on quite a few of the threats that Kyub nailed, like Kartana, Mimikyu, Garchomp, Dragonite and so on, and does so pretty well. It can even take on stuff like Mega Lopunny somewhat better thanks to Superpower. Overall, with its main competitor gone, Haxorus can truly shine as a surprisingly competent substitute.

(Edit: o fricc got sniped on this one, oh well, tg explains it well enough)

Garchomp: B ---> B+
This mon shouldn't have dropped to begin with. This mon now responds to the kyub ban by not being forced to run Scarf all the time, and instead having options like Band or Z-move. It's very good.

Drampa: Unranked ---> C- or higher
THIS MON IS GOOD OK RANK IT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Garou

Banned deucer.
On the topic of these new changes, I want to talk about one which I for sure agree with, that being Garchomp, except I would like to go one further and nominate it for A-

The main reason I feel like it did not receive as much usage or was as viable before was as a result of Kyurem-Black being legal in the tier, and that is definitely a big reason for a boost in the viability rankings, as it lost its main check, which was the most used pokemon in the metagame. However another reason, is that pokemon which were also checked hard by Kyurem-Black such as Zygarde and Dragonite, are rising in usage even more now, and thus garchomp is even better than before not just because of the Kyurem-Black ban, but because of how well it does against these higher usage threats, even more so than before the ban of kyub, as it no longer needs to run scarf leaving it lacking in the power to OHKO Zygarde and Dragonite, and thus letting it perform better against the metagame in general as well as it can wallbreak more effectively.

Tldr; kyub ban made stuff Chomp beats more popular thus making it lose its strongest check and beat some prominent threats post kyub meta like dragonite and zygarde

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
On the topic of these new changes, I want to talk about one which I for sure agree with, that being Garchomp, except I would like to go one further and nominate it for A-

The main reason I feel like it did not receive as much usage or was as viable before was as a result of Kyurem-Black being legal in the tier, and that is definitely a big reason for a boost in the viability rankings, as it lost its main check, which was the most used pokemon in the metagame. However another reason, is that pokemon which were also checked hard by Kyurem-Black such as Zygarde and Dragonite, are rising in usage even more now, and thus garchomp is even better than before not just because of the Kyurem-Black ban, but because of how well it does against these higher usage threats, even more so than before the ban of kyub, as it no longer needs to run scarf leaving it lacking in the power to OHKO Zygarde and Dragonite, and thus letting it perform better against the metagame in general as well as it can wallbreak more effectively.

Tldr; kyub ban made stuff Chomp beats more popular thus making it lose its strongest check and beat some prominent threats post kyub meta like dragonite and zygarde
252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 324-382 (83.9 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

some pretty standard bulk just takes the wind right out of Garchomp's sails, for the most part. Here's another example:

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 270-320 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

The Gen 7 change to Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, etc where Garchomp now dies first really hurt, since it lost the opportunity to win these matchups that it used to always win, not to mention everything becoming progressively bulkier as time goes on, which all takes a toll on Garchomp's chances. As a result of this, I feel that its place is well-deserved in B Rank, since it's a fun mon that you can build multiple sets to beat a lot of things, but the opportunity cost between each set really hinders it from being a serious metagame threat.

Garou

Banned deucer.
252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 324-382 (83.9 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

some pretty standard bulk just takes the wind right out of Garchomp's sails, for the most part. Here's another example:

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 270-320 (88.8 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

The Gen 7 change to Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, etc where Garchomp now dies first really hurt, since it lost the opportunity to win these matchups that it used to always win, not to mention everything becoming progressively bulkier as time goes on, which all takes a toll on Garchomp's chances. As a result of this, I feel that its place is well-deserved in B Rank, since it's a fun mon that you can build multiple sets to beat a lot of things, but the opportunity cost between each set really hinders it from being a serious metagame threat.
I feel like fast dragonite is more prominent right now, but that's just from my experience, and Garchomp does OHKO that, however I acknowledge your other points and rescind my statement.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
controversial nom time

Charizard-Mega-Y: A ---> A-
Lemme get this out of the way: Megazard Y is not a bad Pokemon at all. It is definitely an A level Pokemon. So why am I nomming it down? Simple really: Because of Mega Charizard X. When they're forced to pick between one of two forms, people almost always go for X, and for good reason. Megazard X simply offers way more power and utility with its typing. While Megazard has to rely on a shoddy nuke that can result in its own demise if you predict poorly, Charizard X can just spam Outrage and use Dragon Dance or Flame Charge if it is not 100% certain the foe will go down. Megazard X also responds to meta trends way, way better than Y: Specifically the rise of Koko, Dragonite and Mimikyu, as well as certain Sturdies like Magnezone and Sawk. Charizard has way more customizability with its spreads due to Dragon/Fire being way better than Flying/Fire defensively. I know ladder usage is not the best thing to off of for VR noms, but in the past few days, the amounts of Megazard Xs I've seen outnumber the Megazard Ys by an immense margin.

tl;dr Charizard-Mega-Y is 9 times out of 10 outclassed by Charizard-Mega-X due to the latter's better offenses, defensive type, additional attacking/support options and general splashability. Therefore, I feel it should go down.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
controversial nom time

Charizard-Mega-Y: A ---> A-
Lemme get this out of the way: Megazard Y is not a bad Pokemon at all. It is definitely an A level Pokemon. So why am I nomming it down? Simple really: Because of Mega Charizard X. When they're forced to pick between one of two forms, people almost always go for X, and for good reason. Megazard X simply offers way more power and utility with its typing. While Megazard has to rely on a shoddy nuke that can result in its own demise if you predict poorly, Charizard X can just spam Outrage and use Dragon Dance or Flame Charge if it is not 100% certain the foe will go down. Megazard X also responds to meta trends way, way better than Y: Specifically the rise of Koko, Dragonite and Mimikyu, as well as certain Sturdies like Magnezone and Sawk. Charizard has way more customizability with its spreads due to Dragon/Fire being way better than Flying/Fire defensively. I know ladder usage is not the best thing to off of for VR noms, but in the past few days, the amounts of Megazard Xs I've seen outnumber the Megazard Ys by an immense margin.

tl;dr Charizard-Mega-Y is 9 times out of 10 outclassed by Charizard-Mega-X due to the latter's better offenses, defensive type, additional attacking/support options and general splashability. Therefore, I feel it should go down.
We're not looking to drop pokemon just because other pokemon have inherently better performances, especially when the competing pokemon perform completely different roles on the teams they're used on.

The only reason we should ever look into dropping Charizard-Y is either if the metagame shifts to be in its disfavor or if its own usage/sets begin to stagnate heavily, to which I cannot see happening right now or anytime soon.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is the set compedium in order of most viable sets? (For each pokemon)
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: There is no strict order. When I built it, I scrolled down the VR and built as many sets as I could think to build for each Pokemon and then added some others that I felt should be included (ie Vigoroth, Cloyster, Seperior, etc). That said, sets of lesser usage came to mind later regardless of viability, meaning even if they're really good (ie Curse Gyarados, Z-WoW Blaziken, Band Donphan, etc), they're listed later. Additionally, what's good shifts over time, so the order will eventually likely seem to be near random.

Just a quick recap of some noms (clarification in nom posts), and some dragons/etc that specifically gained tons of momentum from Kyu-B's removal.
Drampa Unranked --> C-
Steelix-Mega Unranked --> D
Haxorus D --> C
Dragonite A --> A+
Garchomp B --> B+
Kommo-O C+ --> B-

This was rushed btw.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Upon DEG's request, I have updated 1v1's speed tiers, based on the most frequent usage statistics and/or any plausible set.

Key:
Minimum Speed = 0 IVs + Reducing Nature + 0 EVs
-Nature = Reducing Nature + 0 EVs
Bulky = 0 EVs
Fast = 252 EVs
Max Speed = Increasing Nature + 252 EVs
Custom Spread = Particular EVs
27: Minimum Speed Stakataka
40: Minimum Speed Ferrothorn
40: Minimum Speed Sableye-Mega
46: Bulky Pyukumuku
49: Minimum Speed Dusclops
54: Minimum Speed Avalugg
58: Minimum Speed Slowbro-Mega
62: Minimum Speed Stunfisk
67: Minimum Speed Quagsire
76: Bulky Camerupt-Mega

76: Bulky Sableye-Mega
86: Bulky Dusclops
86: -Nature Abomasnow-Mega
96: Bulky Slowbro-Mega
96: Bulky Snorlax
100: Bulky Stunfisk
106: Bulky Quagsire
116: Bulky Rhyperior
122: -Nature Diancie
126: Bulky Golem
126: Bulky Marowak-Alola
136: Bulky Aggron-Mega
136: Bulky Azumarill
136: Bulky Chansey
136: Bulky Diancie
136: Bulky Donphan
136: Bulky Mawile-Mega
140: -Nature Aegislash
140: -Nature Primarina
142: -Nature Celesteela
146: Bulky Blissey
146: Bulky Relicanth
154: Bulky Type: Null
156: Bulky Primarina
156: Bulky Porygon2
156: Bulky Clefable
158: Bulky Celesteela
163: Fast Carracosta
166: Bulky Umbreon
166: Bulky Magearna
166: Bulky Magnezone
176: Bulky Volcanion
176: Bulky Swampert-Mega
176: Bulky Skarmory
178: Bulky Tyranitar-Mega
179: Max Speed Carracosta
186: Bulky Tapu Bulu
186: Bulky Heracross-Mega
186: Bulky Scizor-Mega
189: Fast Golem
190: Bulky Heatran
192: Bulky Blastoise-Mega
194: Bulky Necrozma
194: Bulky Buzzwole
196: Bulky Dragonite
196: Bulky Togekiss
196: Bulky Altaria-Mega
196: Bulky Hoopa-Unbound
196: Bulky Venusaur-Mega
200: Custom Spread Magearna
206: Bulky Tapu Fini
206: Bulky Zygarde-Complete
206: Bulky Kommo-o
206: Bulky Suicune
207: Max Speed Crustle
209: Fast Relicanth
216: Bulky Porygon-Z
216: Bulky Meloetta
218: Bulky Landorus-Therian
219: Fast Magnezone
219: Max Speed Donphan
220: Bulky Garchomp-Mega
220: Custom Spread Gyarados-Mega
220: Custom Spread Kommo-o
224: Custom Spread Zygarde-Complete
226: Bulky Tapu Lele
226: Bulky Zygarde
229: Max Speed Relicanth
234: Custom Spread Heatran
234: Custom Spread Volcanion
234: Bulky Genesect
235: Fast Barbaracle
236: Bulky Manaphy
236: Bulky Charizard-Mega-X
236: Bulky Charizard-Mega-Y
236: Bulky Gardevoir-Mega
236: Bulky Mew
236: Bulky Entei
238: Bulky Thundurus-Therian
239: Fast Swampert-Mega
239: Fast Skarmory
242: Bulky Nihilego
244: Custom Spread Zygarde
249: Fast Heracross-Mega
252: Bulky Keldeo
256: Bulky Metagross-Mega
256: Bulky Latias-Mega
257: Fast Buzzwole
259: Fast Dragonite
259: Fast Altaria-Mega
259: Fast Blaziken
259: Fast Togekiss
259: Fast Hoopa-Unbound
261: Fast Gyarados-Mega
262: Max Speed Swampert
267: +1 Bulky Tyranitar-Mega
268: Whimsicott
269: Fast Sawk
273: Fast Hitmonlee
273: Max Speed Smeargle
273: Max Speed Tapu Bulu
275: Fast Excadrill
279: Fast Porygon-Z
281: Fast Landorus-Therian
283: Fast Garchomp-Mega
284: Max Speed Togekiss
284: Max Speed Altaria-Mega
284: Max Speed Hoopa-Unbound
289: Fast Tapu Lele
293: Fast Haxorus
295: Max Speed Kommo-o
297: Fast Genesect
299: Fast Charizard-Mega-X
299: Fast Charizard-Mega-Y
299: Fast Gardevoir-Mega
299: Fast Blaziken-Mega
299: Fast Medicham-Mega
299: Fast Manaphy
299: Fast Victini
299: Fast Mew
299: Fast Volcarona
299: Fast Entei
299: Fast Slaking
302: Max Speed Excadrill
304: Max Speed Vivillon
306: Max Speed Porygon-Z
309: Max Speed Landorus-Therian
309: +1 Bulky Kommo-o
311: Max Speed Garchomp-Mega
317: Max Speed Tapu Lele
319: Fast Latias-Mega
320: Max Speed Mimikyu
322: Max Speed Haxorus

326: Max Speed Genesect
326: +2 Fast Carracosta
328: Max Speed Charizard-Mega-X
328: Max Speed Charizard-Mega-Y
328: Max Speed Victini
328: Max Speed Blaziken-Mega
328: Max Speed Gardevoir-Mega
328: Max Speed Medicham-Mega
328: Max Speed Mew
328: Max Speed Volcarona
328: Max Speed Slaking
330: +1 Custom Spread Kommo-o
331: Max Speed Landorus
331: Max Speed Thundurus-Therian
333: Max Speed Garchomp
335: Max Speed Nihilego
339: Max Speed Pinsir-Mega
343: Fast Greninja
344: Max Speed Blacephalon
346: Max Speed Keldeo
346: Max Speed Terrakion
346: Max Speed Infernape
348: Max Speed Alolan-Ninetales
348: Max Speed Kartana
348: Max Speed Durant
350: Max Speed Diancie-Mega
350: Max Speed Gallade-Mega
350: Max Speed Metagross-Mega
350: Max Speed Latias-Mega
350: Max Speed Jumpluff
350: Max Speed Latios
350: Max Speed Archeops
355: Max Speed Lucario-Mega
356: +2 Bulky Tyranitar-Mega
358: +2 Max Speed Carracosta
359: Fast Tapu Koko
361: Max Speed Zygarde-10%
366: Max Speed Salazzle
369: Fast Lopunny-Mega
372: Max Speed Sceptile
375: Max Speed Naganadel
375: Max Speed Pidgeot-Mega
377: Max Speed Greninja
388: +1 Fast Dragonite
388: +1 Fast Altaria-Mega
388: +1 Fast Blaziken
388: Scarf Fast Togekiss
388: Scarf Fast Hoopa-Unbound
391: +1 Fast Gyarados-Mega
394: Max Speed Gengar-Mega
394: Max Speed Tapu Koko
401: Fast Pheromosa
403: Scarf Fast Sawk
405: Max Speed Lopunny-Mega
405: Max Speed Manectric-Mega
409: Scarf Max Speed Tapu Bulu
414: +2 Max Speed Crustle
418: Scarf Porygon-Z
426: Scarf Max Speed Togekiss
426: +1 Max Speed Altaria-Mega
426: Scarf Max Speed Hoopa-Unbound
427: Max Speed Sceptile-Mega
433: Scarf Fast Tapu Lele
438: Max Speed Alakazam-Mega
441: Max Speed Pheromosa
442: +1 Max Speed Kommo-o
445: Scarf Fast Genesect
448: +1 Fast Charizard-Mega-X
448: +1 Fast Blaziken-Mega
448: +1 Fast Volcarona
448: Scarf Fast Victini
459: Scarf Max Speed Porygon-Z
475: Scarf Max Speed Tapu Lele
478: +2 Fast Swampert-Mega
489: Scarf Max Speed Genesect
492: +1 Max Speed Charizard-Mega-X
492: +1 Max Speed Blaziken-Mega
492: +1 Max Speed Volcarona
492: Scarf Max Speed Victini
499: Scarf Max Speed Garchomp
504: Max Speed Deoxys-Speed
516: Scarf Max Speed Blacephalon
518: +2 Fast Blaziken
522: Scarf Max Speed Kartana
524: +2 Max Speed Swampert-Mega
546: +2 Fast Hitmonlee
565: Scarf Max Speed Greninja
598: +2 Fast Blaziken-Mega
656: +2 Max Speed Blaziken-Mega

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
VR update time!
Code:
Tapu Koko S- > S
Mega Metagross S- > A+
Dragonite A > A+
Mega Pinsir A- > B+
Mega Venusaur B+ > A-
Carracosta B- > C+
Terrakion B- > C+
Latios B- > C+
Kommo-o C+ > B-
Hitmonlee C > C-
Barbaracle C- > D
Haxorus D > C
Rhyperior D > C-
Zygarde-10% D > Unranked
Hydreigon Unranked > C
Volcanion Unranked > D
Serperior Unranked > C-
Whimsicott C+ > B-
the op will be updated when deg wakes up

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh boi time to react to work other people did

Tapu Koko S- > S ----- Agreed
Mega Metagross S- > A+ ----- I mean, I guesss,,, imo he's pretty interchangeable btwn S and A depending on what's hot and what's not, but ID Koko seems to be hot rn, so
Dragonite A > A+ ----- lol obviously
Mega Pinsir A- > B+ ----- Agreed, MPins has a weird place in the meta rn tbh.
Mega Venusaur B+ > A- ----- Agreed
Carracosta B- > C+ ----- Should've never been B to begin with
Terrakion B- > C+ ----- Should've never been ranked B to begin with
Latios B- > C+ ----- No opinion
Kommo-o C+ > B- ----- B+ or bust
Hitmonlee C > C- ----- Agreed
Barbaracle C- > D ----- Unranked
Haxorus D > C ----- Agreed now that kyub is gone
Rhyperior D > C- ----- Finally my boi Rhyperior getting some love
Zygarde-10% D > Unranked ----- Finally
Hydreigon Unranked > C ----- >:^(
Volcanion Unranked > D ----- no opinion
Serperior Unranked > C- ----- Damnit mace
Whimsicott C+ > B- ----- wait this thing wasn't already B rank?

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also, may I suggest:

Sawsbuck-Autumn @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headbutt
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Wild Charge

Sawsbuck Unranked --> Do Not Use

Just so people know it exists, but just so they know its really, really bad

Reactions: pqs
-Whimsicott probably should of stayed
-Hydreigon is extremely outclassed and generally has a tough time
-Raise volcanion, I think it can handle much more of the meta than other D ranks
-RIP Steelix and most of all, rip Drampa :(

Otherwise, the rest of the updates are OK. Thanks for rising venusaur

But what is Hydreigon outclassed by?
I think most of the viable dragons in the tier are more versatile and beat more stuff. For example, why use Hydreigon over Haxorus, who can kill more stuff with mold breaker, or scarf garchomp? Why use it over Dragonite, with better coverage and versatility? I remember testing scarf hydreigon and it didn't have a fun time.

It may have a small niche with a dark type, immune to prankster, but it's probably not the best typing for a dragon.

So basically Haxorus and Garchomp are better scarfers and Dragonite and Kommo-O for better z-moves.

VR update time!
Code:
Tapu Koko S- > S
Mega Metagross S- > A+
Dragonite A > A+
Mega Pinsir A- > B+
Mega Venusaur B+ > A-
Carracosta B- > C+
Terrakion B- > C+
Latios B- > C+
Kommo-o C+ > B-
Hitmonlee C > C-
Barbaracle C- > D
Haxorus D > C
Rhyperior D > C-
Zygarde-10% D > Unranked
Hydreigon Unranked > C
Volcanion Unranked > D
Serperior Unranked > C-
Whimsicott C+ > B-
the op will be updated when deg wakes up
THANK YOU, i can now use this to attempt to C-Team the meta.
Tapu Koko S- > S Agreed.
Mega Metagross S- > A+
Dragonite A > A+ Agreed.
Mega Pinsir A- > B+ Agreed.
Mega Venusaur B+ > A- Ehh kinda a gimmick somewhat but I can see how this ranked up
Carracosta B- > C+ No Op. never used it.
Terrakion B- > C+ No Op. never used it.
Latios B- > C+ Agreed.
Kommo-o C+ > B- Agreed.
Hitmonlee C > C- No Op.
Barbaracle C- > D No Op. never used it.
Haxorus D > C Agreed.
Rhyperior D > C- KyuB is gone!
Zygarde-10% D > Unranked
Hydreigon Unranked > C
Volcanion Unranked > D
Serperior Unranked > C- No Op. never used it.
Whimsicott C+ > B- Agreed.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Here's a video of me talking about all of the drops and rises.
I've tested scarf sawsbuck on ladder, from my experience, it is far worse than Jirachi or Togekiss. The decrease of power from an 80 bp Iron Head to a 70 BP Headbutt is significant enough to turn many neutral 3HKOs from Jirachi into neutral 4HKO's for Sawsbuck, giving your opponent another chance to break through, changing a 36% chance of winning for Jirachi (double flinch=.6*.6=.36) into a 22% chance of winning for Sawsbuck (.6*.6*.6), roughly the chance of a Gyarados waterfall flinch, which is obviously not impossible, but not something I would rely on to win consistently. Additionally, the typing change along with worse defenses is also significant. Sawsbuck has more weaknesses and less resistances, and it's mediocre 80/70/70 bulk means that if your opponent breaks through once, it's over. Part of the reason Jirachi was so broken and so used was because it's excellent Psychic/Steel typing combined with legendary 100/100/100 bulk made it so that if your opponent broke through once, the game wasn't over, you were more likely to live a given attack (assuming a neutral matchup, never send Jirachi to an unfavorable type matchup). Additionally, the steel typing of Iron Head let it do extremely well against fairies, and most importantly while Jirachi was legal, KyuB. Beating the best Pokemon in the meta and then some always makes you good. Sawsbuck does not even have a favorable matchup against Gyarados, the current best Pokemon. A non-megaed bulky Gyarados is 5HKOed after intimidate by Sawsbuck with Headbutt (which it has to use because it loses after Gyarados gets +2), which makes the chances of winning (getting 3 flinches) again a 22% chance at best (Gyarados needs to not get flinched twice in order to get two attacks off (unless you run bounce), unlike other powerful Pokemon that only need to get one powerful attack off, but are 4HKOed).

After around 30 games of using Sawsbuck, I believe I won once, maybe twice. Personal experience with a Pokemon does not equal viability, but a sample size of 30 is enough to indicate a pattern/trend (Thank you, AP Statistics). Sawsbuck is incredibly and infuriatingly bad, and ranking it anything other than Do Not Use would be lying to the community.

Here's a video of me talking about all of the drops and rises.
The ban of Kyurem-Black, I would suggest, makes Whimsicott worse. One of the reasons to use Whimsicott over Jumpluff was its rather worry-free Kyurem-Black matchup. Only Sub Icium-Z and Max Special Attack invested sets were real difficulties. This makes the Kyu-b matchup far better for Whimsicott, especially at Team Preview. It never had to guess whether the Kyu-b was Scarf. In my opinion, Whimsicott is as viable as Jumpluff. I think it should never have been moved to C+, and a move to B- was overdue, similar to Carracosta’s drop.

Ehh kinda a gimmick somewhat but I can see how this ranked up
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, friend. The way I’ve seen people use the word, a gimmick in 1v1 is a surprise set that only works as long as your opponent does not know what items/evs/moves you’re running, but is much less effective if they do. Mega-Venusaur’s two sets are widely known and easily prepared for. The fact that Mega-Venusaur is still quite strong is a testament to how good those two sets are. With Kyu-B gone, a rise for Mega-Venusaur was warranted.
I've tested scarf sawsbuck on ladder, from my experience, it is far worse than Jirachi or Togekiss. The decrease of power from an 80 bp Iron Head to a 70 BP Headbutt is significant enough to turn many neutral 3HKOs from Jirachi into neutral 4HKO's for Sawsbuck, giving your opponent another chance to break through, changing a 36% chance of winning for Jirachi (double flinch=.6*.6=.36) into a 22% chance of winning for Sawsbuck (.6*.6*.6), roughly the chance of a Gyarados waterfall flinch, which is obviously not impossible, but not something I would rely on to win consistently. Additionally, the typing change along with worse defenses is also significant. Sawsbuck has more weaknesses and less resistances, and it's mediocre 80/70/70 bulk means that if your opponent breaks through once, it's over. Part of the reason Jirachi was so broken and so used was because it's excellent Psychic/Steel typing combined with legendary 100/100/100 bulk made it so that if your opponent broke through once, the game wasn't over, you were more likely to live a given attack (assuming a neutral matchup, never send Jirachi to an unfavorable type matchup). Additionally, the steel typing of Iron Head let it do extremely well against fairies, and most importantly while Jirachi was legal, KyuB. Beating the best Pokemon in the meta and then some always makes you good. Sawsbuck does not even have a favorable matchup against Gyarados, the current best Pokemon. A non-megaed bulky Gyarados is 5HKOed after intimidate by Sawsbuck with Headbutt (which it has to use because it loses after Gyarados gets +2), which makes the chances of winning (getting 3 flinches) again a 22% chance at best (Gyarados needs to not get flinched twice in order to get two attacks off (unless you run bounce), unlike other powerful Pokemon that only need to get one powerful attack off, but are 4HKOed).

After around 30 games of using Sawsbuck, I believe I won once, maybe twice. Personal experience with a Pokemon does not equal viability, but a sample size of 30 is enough to indicate a pattern/trend (Thank you, AP Statistics). Sawsbuck is incredibly and infuriatingly bad, and ranking it anything other than Do Not Use would be lying to the community.
Can’t we just leave Sawsbuck unranked like the 500 other pokemon we haven’t ranked? I don’t think Do Not Use should exist, personally. It’s pointless.

Last edited:
The ban of Kyurem-Black, I would suggest, makes Whimsicott worse. One of the reasons to use Whimsicott over Jumpluff was its rather worry-free Kyurem-Black matchup. Only Sub Icium-Z and Max Special Attack invested sets were real difficulties. This makes the Kyu-b matchup far better for Whimsicott, especially at Team Preview. It never had to guess whether the Kyu-b was Scarf. In my opinion, Whimsicott is as viable as Jumpluff. I think it should never have been moved to C+, and a move to B- was overdue, similar to Carracosta’s drop.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, friend. The way I’ve seen people use the word, a gimmick in 1v1 is a surprise set that only works as long as your opponent does not know what items/evs/moves you’re running, but is much less effective if they do. Mega-Venusaur’s two sets are widely known and easily prepared for. The fact that Mega-Venusaur is still quite strong is a testament to how good those two sets are. With Kyu-B gone, a rise for Mega-Venusaur was warranted.

Can’t we just leave Sawsbuck unranked like the 500 other pokemon we haven’t ranked? I don’t think Do Not Use should exist, personally. It’s pointless.
I Think Now that the word "Gimmick" Was not the right word, but i just think the sleep game is a problematic game that isnt going to be won. I was keeping that in mind. I Agree with everything you say Thank you for your contribution to the community. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)