check it out
Welcome to the 1v1 Viability Rankings thread! This thread is used to discuss how good we think various Pokemon are in the current 1v1 metagame. If you would like to argue the viability of a particular Pokemon, feel free to post here, but make sure to follow our Do's and Don't's:
Art by AmirAlexander
Art by AmirAlexander
- Post intelligently presenting various reasons why you think this Pokemon is ranked incorrectly.
Example: Charizard-Mega X is an amazing Pokemon in the 1v1 metagame due to different factors. Its typing in Dragon/Fire allows it resistance to a lot of types attack such as Electric and Grass. It has great bulk and offense allowing it to pull easily an amazing bulky offensive sets taking on pretty much a lot of threats.
- Present calcs, its sets and its impact on the metagame
Example: Mega Gyarados isn't only blessed by its typing in Water/Dark and ability Mold Breaker it also has a big movepool to abuse making you unable to figure out which sets its running. It may use a set composed of Dragon Dance and three attacks ranging from Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake, Waterfall and even Ice Fang with defensive investment or not, a Taunt set is also usable making it a great mind breaker.
- Post one liners such as "Pheromosa has an outstanding attack so it should be ranked higher!!!"
- Attack other users opinions, example: "You don't know the metagame, how do you even see Mimikyu an A+ Pokemon???"
Things to keep in mind when deciding a Pokemon's rank:
- The Pokemon's versatility enters on a big scale in the deciding of its rank, the more unpredictable a Pokemon is, the more Pokemon it can break.
- The Pokemon's stats and capabilities. This Pokemon is able to pull an amazing offensive set or stall out effectively the opponent. This Pokemon takes bulky offense on another
level allowing it to easily sponge and deal insane damage.
- The Pokemon ability to be anti-metagame. This Pokemon's typing and ability makes it able to take on the most dominant Pokemon or typings in the metagame.
Well enough talking, those are the rankings: