Status
Not open for further replies.
Power rankings;

SM;

#1 Diancies:
1522605405370.png
Predicted lineup; Kentari / UOP / DC3
Backup: Baleblaze / MMagma

Diancies got probably the best SM lineup in this whole tournament. Kentari UOP and DC3 are on top of their game when it comes to SM and should go positive if there's no hax involved. Baleblaze might do ORAS but he's a great backup, he knows his SM and is another good player even if he's rusty atm. MMagma is an interesting pick and I'm waiting to see what they are made of if they play. If MMagma turns out being a positive addition to the team I think Diancies can top most SM games.

#2 Duknoirs
1522605968395.png
Predicted lineup; Attidude / Landon / BSU / Joker (?)
Backup: GeneralGunderson / Gross Sweep

Dusknoirs are close to Diancies are best SM lineup, Attidude, Landon and BSU are a strong start. Attidude and Landon knows everything about the 1v1 metagame and crate unpredictable teams. BSU is also a strong pick and might also win a lot of his games. Joker is the 1v1 Classic winner and is good at UU and ORAS too so he might not be put in SM but he's a great player. Meanwhile as backup they have Gross Sweep which I don't think will start SM and General Gunderson a newer player in 1v1. I'm mostly excited about Gunderson, this is a tournament where he can prove himself and I'm waiting on his performance.

#3 Dustox
1522606295832.png
Predicted lineup; Macemaster / Pqs / Francy
Backup: Cloudy Natu / Zest of Life / WMC

Unpopular opinion but I think Dustox SM lineup isn't actually that bad. Macemaster is a genius at teambuilding and Francy is also great at playing. Macemaster and Francy might be able to build heat squads and turn things around. pqs is an underrated player and most people seem to discrediting him, he has to prove himself, yes, but he isn't actually bad. Cloudy Natu and Zest of Life are great backup even if they aren't as experienced as others. Also WMC isn't actually that bad and might do good.

#4 Arcanines
1522606475895.png
Predicted lineup; Motogp / GL Volkner / Toad / Lmni / Scarftionite
Backup: Sedertz / Close / Durzza / Kaori

I'm not discrediting Arcanines SM lineup but I don't think it is as strong as others. It's good just because there's a lot of potential SM players on the team and they can rotate easily between weeks. Motogp, Lmni and Scarftionite are probably the best bets. If toad fix his relationship with motogp he can be the star of the team in SM. As other backup I see a lot of players that haven't touched 1v1 which can be provided teams and trained just like Sedertz and Kaori. Oh, and they also have Durzza!

#5 Virizions
1522606674895.png
Predicted lineup; Freddy Kygore / The Shadow Claw / Oo Tacos / OM Room
Backup: TDA and Glyx which might start ORAS, Chloe

I'm not a fan of that SM lineup if TDA and Glyx aren't starting. I don't know, Freddy is good but others have to prove themselves and this is where they should do it. I haven't seen Tacos and OM room play so no opinion. Chloe can be good if provided teams. Just like General Gunderson, I'm mostly excited about The Shadow Claw, if he manages to pull out some W he might give Virizions some wins in SM.

#6 Monfernos
1522606974879.png
Predicted lineup; QT / Tzums / xStatic
Backup: Haund / Seo

Weird SM lineup, I know that xStatic is hard to deal with and he doesn't even like QT and if he doesn't play this might turn out pretty bad for Monfernos. Their hope is just to put players in SM try to provide them teams and hope they win. Non-1v1 players like Haund, Seo and Level 56 might be good as 1v1 and we don't know!

ORAS;

#1 Virizions
1522606674895.png
Predicted lineup; TDA / Glyx / Ryy

One of the best ORAS trio. TDA and Glyx were one of the best ORAS players last generation, they know everything about the metagame in and out and can build unpredictable team, I don't think anyone in the ORAS spot can rivalize them bar the Diancies players. Ryy is also a neat pick, gimmick lord that can be serious and pick some Ws if he wants.

#2 Diancies
1522605405370.png
Predicted lineup; dom / Baleblaze

Only duo that will give Virizion's ORAS lineup some hard time. Dom is a beast ORAS player and build heat teams and is probably the third overall oras best player in the tournament after glyx and tda. Baleblaze is the fourth best ORAS player here, build best teams and play so good.

#3 Arcanines
1522606475895.png
Predicted lineup; Blazikin / SirDuckle

Starting from here ORAS lineups get weak. I think the better ORAS duo out of the last teams are Blazikin and SirDuckle just because they have experienced the ORAS ladder and were actually above average players. Blazikin is a great teambuilder and I hope he shows that in this 1v1PL, I don't know much about SirDuckle but I heard he's pretty good so I'm waiting to see that.

#4 Dustox
1522606295832.png
Predicted lineup; Dow / Dluxe

I know that DoW was an above average ORAS player last gen and can actually build good teams. I don't know about Dluxe but I heard he did good in ORAS Classic (?), he beat dom too. While he doesn't have much experience last generation ig
teaming up with DoW might do him good.

#5 Dusknoir
1522605968395.png
Predicted lineup; Gross Sweep / Hijasu

I don't think Gross Sweep is that good in ORAS but they have no other choice plus he's the manager so he should carry that responsibility. If he puts enough effort at learning ORAS before this all starts he might have a chance or two. Hijasu is also a weird pick for ORAS since I haven't seen him even play ORAS last gen so i'm not sure.

#6 Monfernos
1522607751533.png
Predicted lineup; Level 56 / Elo Bandit

Elo Bandit is good but his last performances show otherwise that's why I think he won't do good this PL too but if he puts his shit back together he might grab coupe Ws. If Level 56 is as good at 1v1 as he is in other metas he might pull upsets after upsets in this. Monfernos are just put this low cause Elo Bandit and Level 56 are a big question mark, they might do good or might just to the worst. They might have unknown potential.

Overall + UU;

#1 Diancies:
1522605405370.png
Diancies have one of the best UU choice in Charizard8888 and have a great team chemistry. They also have the best SM lineup and second best ORAS lineup which might defeat Virizions lineup depending on preparations. On Paper, diancies is just the best team and might just win this PL.

#2 Virizions
1522606674895.png
Virizions have some good UU choices like Chrispy and Ryy that might do really good. Their ORAS lineup is perfect and might just win most games. While the SM lineup is lackluster imo they might pull up some upset wins since Glyx and TDA are great builders and can help the SM lineup do some work. They have top ORAS, maybe top uu and top Chemistry that's why I ranked them #2 team even if I put their SM at #5.

#3 Arcanines
1522606475895.png
Arcanines UU choice is picked from their SM lineup which can transition pretty well. They also have a ton of player that they can switch in every week. They have the tool to reach finals but the big number of players might nerf the team or it might make it better, it really depends on how they communicate with each other. Virizions and Arcanines are pretty close to eachother and might stay close to eachother in terms of points until the end.

#4 Dustox
1522606295832.png
Weak UU also their SM might disappoint me but still better than the other two. Dustox also have a lot of team members which is iffy. Thing is there's a lot of big question marks on players that were drafted like martha, jrm, amane misa which don't think will contribute a lot to the team since they also have yoav and cp2 which are obvious subs.

#5 Dusknoir
1522605968395.png
Great SM but everything else goes downhill. No dedicated UU and ORAS players. Also Dusknoirs have one of the lowest players count which might trouble them ever more with that weak oras and uu lineup.

#6 Monfernos
1522607751533.png
Poor Iron crusher. Looks like QT decided to draft only one or two 1v1 players and filled the team with everything he could buy. His picks might not be bad, i'm iffy on the ORAS but they might pull up some upsets but everything else is average. There's no even great dedicated team builder that can provide other teams, they have to push harder than others to have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)