2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Jose was sucessful with Porto ffs....
what about the 3rd candidate...... Klopp, would get the best out of Kagawa, good history with youth development.

I think Klopp would be good, but Mourinho is a bad idea because what Man U need is someone who can stay there for many years to come and im sure mourinho isn't that type of manager.

Now this news has distracted us COMPLETELY from today's super important game. Chelsea vs Tottenham . My thoughts are if Spurs fail to win this match they will not make the champions league. If Spurs do win it, i think Arsenal will not make it to the champions league. (Which is good imo as they are an embaressment to EPL they never go to the champions league to win, and they're never in the title race)

I think today will be Bale's game personally it's all on him. Whether he preforms well or not will decide Spurs' fate. Also Dembele is crucial he needs to play, he's in the squad but im not sure he's fit to start the full 90 seeing as he limped off the field 2 matches in a row.

If Spurs do win it, i think Arsenal will not make it to the champions league. (Which is good imo as they are an embaressment to EPL they never go to the champions league to win, and they're never in the title race)
Lol and Tottenham are? Not sure how you can come to that conclusion even if you only started watching football a year ago.

there is a match today? meh.
oh and David Gill said earlier they require experiance in terms of domestic and European requirements, so yea. Moyes?

Lol and Tottenham are? Not sure how you can come to that conclusion even if you only started watching football a year ago.
Im not sure what you mean by that, but i'm sure i've watched football longer and more than you have and Im sure i have way more knowledge of it than you do. When tottenham joined the Champions league back in 2011 they made a mockery of the defending champions inter, they knocked out ac milan and lost in the Quarter finals to real madrid. and that was only their first appearance. Arsenal on the other hand have been nothing short of embaressing in the past 3-4 years they can only get to the quarter finals if they get an easy team in round of 16. Spurs have shown in the last year they actually want to improve THEY WANT to become a better team. They kept modric for a year until real eventually agreed to their asking price of 45 million. and when they got that 45 million They reinvested it in, Moussa Dembele, Holtby, Lloris and Vertonghen. What have arsenal reinvested in when they sold Van Persie? Giroud. What have arsenal reinvested in when they sold Nasri? Arteta. What have Arsenal Reinvested in when they sold Fabregas for 50m? A guy like you is clueless and knows nothing about football. Arsenal have been selling their best players time and time again and bringing in mediocre players. Tottenham are doing their absolute best to keep Bale, and they have done so. They have also showed intention in spending they went neck and neck with chelsea for hazard, they took dembele from under manchester uniteds nose, they took dempsey from liverpool. You know whats sad? The fact i wasted my time in responding to someone who probably knows jack shit about football and comes acting like a smart ass on a pokemon forum.

Your response was exactly what i'd expect from someone so clueless, just talk and nothing to back it up where was your argument to back up what you said? Bale alone equates to have the quality arsenal have right now. I can name you 6 players that i can fit into the arsenal starting XI from spurs. But i bet you can't name me anyone but Cazorla that can fit the Spurs XI. Clueless.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
the idea of liverpool in the CL has the same effect on me
The idea of Swansea in the Europa League has a similar effect on me.

Smart move by Ferguson to go out with a bang instead of retiring after he loses the title to Mourinho next season.

Lol not sure that was warranted!

You criticise Arsenal for not reinvesting in the squad, ever wondered how Arsenal perrenially finish above Spurs? Because Wenger does reinvest - Serge Gnabry, Hector Bellerin, Ryo Myaichi, Thomas Eisfeld are just some of the names off the top of my head who Arsenal are currently investing in, the list is quite long but I hope you get the point. There are other ways to invest than throwing £40mil at it.

Secondly Arsenal have invested in state of the art training facilities, and of course the upgrade from a 100 year old 45,000 seater to a brand new 60,000 seater stadium. Spurs have 35,000; Chelsea's is 40,000; Liverpool's is 45,000 as a comparison. This investment has transformed Arsenal from a traditional English team with a local fanbase to something much closer to a top European team, and all of it was earned with football and not external help. I don't see how that's embarrassing to English football.

Not only that but Arsenal have challenged for the title and reached the QF and SF of the Champions League in the last 4 years that you talk about. I'd like to hear some of your not embarrassing clubs as comparison.

Also the internet happens to be chock full of smart-asses in case you haven't noticed Master-ass!

HBK

And Arsenal always qualify for CL unlike Spurs who are going to miss out on it AGAIN. Clearly, you're the one who's clueless "Masterclass" because Spurs have been third best in London for a while now and will continue to be for a long time. Go post your baseless arguments somewhere else.

''Master-ass'' incredibly original man. You're here bringing up stadiums into the matter when we're talking about footballing matters, what happens on the pitch. Don't kid yourself arsenal have never challenged for the title:

2009-2010: Arsenal managed 3rd place with 76 points. In First place came Chelsea with 86 Points. (Arsenal are 10 points behind)

2010-2011: Arsenal managed 4th place with 68 points. In First place came Manchester United with 80 points. (Arsenal are 12 points behind)

2011-2012: Arsenal managed 3rd place with 70 points. In First place came Manchester City with 89 points. (Arsenal are 19 points behind)

2012-2013 (2 games remaining): Arsenal are in 3rd place with 67 points. 18 points behind the already crowned champions Manchester United.

Good Title challenges bro, you must be proud. The fact is arsenal haven't won shit in ages. Don't give me this ''Spurs is the third best club in London shit''. I'm not a spurs fan i am not bias, you are an arsenal fan YOU are bias. The fact of the matter is Arsenal's gap with the team ending up as champions widens each season. Spurs on the other hand gets closer and closer every year. and unfortunately missed out on the champions league this season due to chelsea winning it. GG.

HBK

Spurs get closer and closer every year? How can you say that Spurs come closer to challenging for the title every year and the gap between Arsenal and the top widens every year when they finish above Spurs every year? Imo, they deserve to miss out on CL this season because they signed AVB after they witnessed his disastrous reign at Chelsea. Dumb Move. And I wouldn't give you the "Spurs is third best in London shit" if you stopped posting shit.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
protip to all of you since you probably dont know him: dont ever argue with masterclass, ignore him, im sure atticus will agree

sad news for football, you can say whatever the hell you want about ferguson but hes probably the greatest coach in footballing history and a legend. moyes has huge shoes to fill.

lol at people throwing random names for man u coach. klopp wont leave dortmund, jeez.

HBK

Mourinho has tasted success in more than one league and has been more successful in the Champions League. Ferguson's good but not the best. But that's just my opinion.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
theres a bigger picture to look at than winning trophies. such as working for 27 years in the sport.

rofl and here i thought the absolutely stupid argument of "HE SUCCEED IN OTHA LEAGUE" shit was only applied to messi vs ronaldo. sigh

HBK

Yeah, whatever man. I didn't ask you to agree with me. I just don't think he's "the greatest coach in football history" and as far as I'm concerned he's only a Manchester United Legend. And I don't consider working for 27 years to be that big of a deal. He wouldn't even be retiring now if his nemesis wasn't returning to the Premier League next season.

reyscarface

World Defender
Yeah, whatever man. I didn't ask you to agree with me. I just don't think he's "the greatest coach in football history" and as far as I'm concerned he's only a Manchester United Legend. And I don't consider working for 27 years to be that big of a deal. He wouldn't even be retiring now if his nemesis wasn't returning to the Premier League next season.
typical deluded idiotic chelsea fanboy reply. not everything revolves around your joke of a club

but since you know so much about fergusons motives you must be really close to him, pls gimme his phone number

david beckham to take over you heard it here first

also does anyone know anything about leicester city? i know palace and watford pretty well since they were obvious playoff candidates but leicester weren't so much, so i don't know much other than that they are clearly quite good

HBK

He earlier admitted to the media that he is worried about Mourinho's potential arrival which is almost certain now. Ferguson decided that it would be better to retire at the end of this season after winning yet another title because it will be hard for him to replicate this next season which Chelsea's planned expenditure and Mourinho's impending arrival. You can call me deluded and stay in denial Kinneas if it makes you feel better, I don't care. And Napoli aren't anything less than a joke; Cavani will leave after this season and even if he doesn't, Napoli are not going to beat Juventus to the title for the next couple of seasons and they're obviously not going to win the CL so the only silverware you have to look forward to is the Coppa Italia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)