2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

so happy Cardiff are up - DERBY DAY DERBY DAY DERBY DAY DERBY DAY DERBY DAY

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ;AUDRUP SHOW THEM HOW ITS DONE

Game against Everton was one I had chalked in as a potential loss, and same for Utd next week. But if we win the rest of the games like we should on paper then I think we'll be in top 4. Chelsea have quite a demanding schedule and I hope Tottenham can slip up somewhere. But yeah, it's going to go to the wire. I hope Chelsea can slip up before they play Tottenham (possibly against Utd) so the 3 teams will be even on points going into that weekend, which would be ideal for Arsenal :D

Also Arsenal need a feckin striker. I wish Giroud all the best but he is just not good enough when it comes to talent and ability! The only difference between him and Bendtner is entertainment value and Bendtner wins that hands down!

Also I think Cardiff are going straight back down cos I don't see any difference between them and Reading. Good team, well organised, great defence in the championship, but where's the quality? Full of good championship players but probably not good enough for the big time... :(

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
fixed

unfortunately, downing sticks out like a sore thumb for me. he's improved but it has to be noted that he's gone from horrendous to average, which frankly isn't good enough for us

we'll be just fine if he left
over half your squad is average at best, seems like average is liverpool standard nowadays

Anybody like the look of Andy Carroll + Suarez + Sturridge front three?

Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho midfield, maybe a decent winger in there too and Sturridge/Carroll on the bench. I don't believe Rodgers can't make use of dem Carroll knockdowns for Suarez or Sturridge to run on to...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
over half your squad is average at best, seems like average is liverpool standard nowadays
Beat me to it. I'm really sick of fans over here in Australia at least overrating Liverpool. They were amazing 20something years ago. They are the Buffalo Bills of the EPL, just because they were good once upon a time doesn't mean that their fans should even remotely expect to contend for a champions league spot in the near future.

Beat me to it. I'm really sick of fans over here in Australia at least overrating Liverpool. They were amazing 20something years ago. They are the Buffalo Bills of the EPL, just because they were good once upon a time doesn't mean that their fans should even remotely expect to contend for a champions league spot in the near future.
this is a new and exciting topic to discuss

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Gillingham champions of League 2! Emphatic scenes in the Rainham End and all around the ground - it was an amazing feeling.

Really happy, for you, i don't personally remember the time when gillingham let brighton share their ground but i'm still pretty grateful for it!

also 2 points needed from 2 games for brighton play-offs and i'm pretty optimistic after today's win!

edit also leicester have to beat watford and someone else for it to happen so i'm optimistic

Actually, they probably will be competing for a CL spot in the near future. If it was not for refs, Liverpool would actually be fourth right now. Don't believe me?
http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables
That aside, Liverpool look like they will be a really good side when FFP comes in. They have the best academy out of all the -big- clubs in England except maybe Arsenal. And if they keep landing players like Coutinho on such low prices, I see them contending for the EPL in 2-4 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)