2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Thiago Silva + Sergio Ramos would work with Marcelo next to Sergio Ramos for that 9 chem and Dani Alves next to Thiago Silva for 7 chem with Diego Alves in goal @ Phadunk

So, anybody seen the new Liverpool Away and Third kit?

BUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

(Yes, there is no confirmation on these yet, but just think about Liverpool wearing it next season).

That has to be fake right?

Also I wouldn't touch Sergio Ramos with a barge pole, and he is a shit cb, dc, whatever u wanna call him. He seems like a scumbag of a person too the way he acts on the pitch. I'd look at Ryan Shawcross before I consider Ramos.

Also I wouldn't touch Sergio Ramos with a barge pole, and he is a shit cb, dc, whatever u wanna call him. He seems like a scumbag of a person too the way he acts on the pitch. I'd look at Ryan Shawcross before I consider Ramos.
Are we watching the same thing? He has been a good centre back this season and as a defender as a whole than previous seasons.

On another note, I hope suarez stays at liverpool.

There was a picture of coutinho wearing the second one. Not sure about the first one

I agree that ramos is not very good but you always find a way to exaggerate :P Shawcross, da fuck

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
suarez releases statement saying he wants to leave

big fuck off to a club thats supported him through a lot of bullshit

Brazil-England was definitely interesting lol, Brazil with plenty of chances in the first half and not scoring, but two great goals from England. I still don't know how Brazil are ranked 19 in the world right now.

Munich won the DFB-Pokal on saturday thus became the first German tripple-winner ever. With that win they topped their season off, only losing three matches overall. All in all an amazing season, there's nothing Guardiola can do better next season even though the team will be even stronger.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Brazil-England was definitely interesting lol, Brazil with plenty of chances in the first half and not scoring, but two great goals from England. I still don't know how Brazil are ranked 19 in the world right now.
Because they are hosting the next World Cup and don't need to play qualifiers.
And since friendlies don't count for the ranking, they can't earn points.

Smogon's back!!!! It also went down just when I went for a little holiday so it worked out perfect for me.

England Brazil match was not great, Brazil played some great football in midfield but their defence was shambolic. England on the other hand were horrific in midfield and attack but did well in defence and Hart was superhuman on the night. So they kinda cancelled each other out. If Walcott, Rooney, Lampard hadn't miscontrolled and mispassed so many times England could've created so much because Brazil never seemed to have more than 3 ppl back defending lol.

In summary, it was depressing to see the teamsheet and see Carrick and Jones in midfield...

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
we were shit. saved by two long range efforts, we never really created a clear sight of goal except walcott's in the first half. don't think we deserved a point, we had no creativity and our passing was woeful. fuck carrick and jones i want gerrard and wilshere (when they're both fit)

In my opinion, Brazil were dominating the match because of Oscar. His combination of great work-rate + good speed + passing was really what kept the english midfield at bay. In fact, Brazil had just scored a goal before he got subbed out, and 10 minutes was all England needed to get the advantage.

I thought Neymar had a pretty good match too, he was definitely the most dangerous attacking threat during the first half. I'm really looking foward to watching him play in Barça

Mario Gomez goes to Napoli apparently, so is Cavani definitely leaving now then? Also Keisuke Honda is leaving CSKA Moscow and I've always thought he was an exciting player, who will snap him up?

Also it looks like Juventus is favourite for Jovetic. Arsenal need a top striker but personally I really like Podolski and if Giroud improves then the striker position could still work with Walcott filling in sometimes too. Striker, right back and central defender are absolute musts for Arsenal. I don't think Fabregas will leave Barca but I would take him back at any time for pretty much any price, the reported £25mil is a bargain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)