2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so it seems that Schürrle can actually score...

England makes it but will probably drop out round 1.

Brazil struggling vs Zambia lol...

Ribery for the ballon d'or!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotze will be wearing that #10 next season.

#Germany2014

Tbf:

1. Zambia is one of the top african teams and it's no surprise that their highly defensive style frustrated Brazil, even without 3 of their players. Zambia is a real competitive national team, not a joke like Tahiti, maybe brazil is overconfident...

2. ribery is the best player on the team that won the CL (maybe some would say nueur) so even though I don't think he's the best footballer in the world, I wouldnt be upset if he won.

minus Suarez, we were absolutely shit from start to finish.

At least Coutinho and Lucas will be back next. Two key players for us

Was at the Chelsea game, great win :)

Although it seemed that at times Chelsea were just looking to walk it into the net rather than shoot (highlighted by our first goal).

i guess that is a result. always feel like a red is too harsh in those situations but the general consensus was that it was fair, so what do i know

think rodgers will go back to a 4-4-3 again since the first 40 mins we really exploited the flanks and the middle. pleased with pardew's set-up, effectively making the back three useless. will not put my faith in him just yet until i know where jonas stands (or sits preferably)

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Thoughts? It is funny because Kiessling showed his disappointment after hitting the side of the net.
Even the Hoffenheimplayers didn't get that it was not a goal, since they did not complain right after the decision.
There was a similiar case in the Bundesliga in the 90s and they had to play a rematch, but I don't expect that here.

Looking forward to the two english-german matches on tuesday, but I expect two english wins :(

Seriously one of the sexiest build up goals I've ever seen in my life.

Even if the touches were a bit lucky, the incentive and idea was there..it was on purpose. Just beautiful.

That clip will be a good source of "What Arsenal's all about" for decades.

Haven't been on here in absolutely ages but had to post just because of the goal Kasami just scored against Palace... :O

Arsenal's goal of the season lasted all of 2 days... Absolute worldy

Wondering what any Man U fans think about Moyes so far and looking ahead to the rest of the season and the next few transfer windows?

Asking mainly because a mate of mine (who always insisted he wasn't a glory supporter) has been non-stop tweeting #moyesout pretty much every time Man U drop points. Had a massive discussion where I basically said Fergie's papered over the cracks for a few seasons and it's gonna take more than 8 games for Moyes to make his mark. He disagrees but if I'm honest the sense of entitlement coming from the vocal majority is frankly embarrassing.

The squad is weak, we've been saying it for years.

Add to that Moyes' sheer managerial incompetence and Ed Woodward's inexperience in the transfer market, of course you're not going to challenge for the title.

I see so many shades of Hodgson at Liverpool in this appointment. The negative tactics, weird statements in press conference...etc..

Honestly, I feel bad for him because I think he is completely out of his depth. It's a bit weird for me not to be ecstatic when Man u get bad results. I look at Moyes after Southampton scored and I just feel bad for him. If it was Ferguson, I'd have been singing and wishing him cancer because I just knew that he was untouchable.

It was always going to be a difficult job but it's an impossible one for the likes of David Moyes.

oh and....

LOL

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Not a Man U fan, but yeah SAF was a genius who single handedly made shitty United teams win titles (basically his 2011 and 2013 titles both earned by teams with weak players and he even got 2011 to a CL final by not playing any good teams). Main reason fans question Moyes is that he cannot produce similar results, so then they look for reasons why he isn't doing well and it's like 'oh moyes isn't playing kagawa, we need kagawa' and it isn't like SAF played Kagawa that much either, but you get these types of questions from fans when you drop a lot of points the season after your team won the title. Also Moyes really isn't as credentialed as people like to think, imo, he did amazing work at Everton, but if you look at who United could have brought in, they have more credentials (trophies) than Moyes: Ancelotti, Benitez, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Redknapp, Di Matteo. Yeah Moyes may be a great manager for a mid-sized club like Everton, keeping them out of relegation, (and this is hypocritical as an arsenal fan who supports wenger) but wouldn't you want someone who had experience winning trophies at a big club, or any club?]

Anyway, I never thought Moyes was a good choice, yeah he is a British dude who looks good for the brand I guess, other than that it makes no sense to me. Also he is a massive idiot who fired a bunch of SAF's staff to bring in staff from everton, in case anyone has forgotten. Moyes is definitely deserving of much blame, not for the results, but for not really approaching this transition in a realistic way.

Last edited:
SAF had this uncanny ability to win games, I keep thinking to that game against Blackpool some seasons ago when they were losing 2-0 and they won 3-2 with some nice refereeing decisions. I think most ppl have been saying Utd have not been playing that well, since 2008 pretty much but Utd were still winning titles by grinding out results even if they sat back and defended most of the game. Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes and Giggs were their midfield men for so long but now they only really have Carrick. Their wing players were always good and so important to their overall tactics but something bad has happened to them recently lol! And now even Vidic and Ferdinand don't look up to it. So yeah losing SAF, losing the backroom staff and executive, losing their ageing midfield, losing their wingers, losing their defenders who were the best in the league, and maybe a down turn in form of some players = bad results.

Imo what Utd really need is a new midfield. Fellaini and Cleverly might still come good but I think most ppl doubt it. They need a new young Keane and Scholes and Giggs to partner and give competition to Carrick. Pogba could have been one piece of the jigsaw, maybe Lingard will come good in the next few years but in the meantime unless their wingers really come back into form they will struggle!

annoys me he isn't getting results when Jose was available.
Fellaini isn'ty the issue, we seem to be conceding far more when he ISN'T on the pitch.

^_^
Those Arsenal fans were pathetic. If you had listen to the match you would of thought Dortmund was at home.

Mourinho's Chelsea is up and running. LGI!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)