2013 Smogon Fantasy Hockey

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If anyone is looking for a LW, Vanek is available for trade. I'm looking for a quality RW in return.

After 2 weeks, here are our category leaders:

Goals - Kishimoto (31)
Assists - Vincent (46)
+/- - Vincent (+25)
PPP - Aldaron (30)
SOG - Kishimoto/Justin (234)
Hits - Carl (116)
Wins - Justin (11)
GAA - WER (1.28)
SV% - WER (.958)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
5 category star + 3 positional eligibility star Patrick Sharp still available for trade

Throw some Ds on that bitch

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Want to actually be reasonable now Kaleb??

edit: Well said:

Nichols said:
The key to trades in fantasy hockey is identifying another team’s needs and then being able to work something out that can, ideally, satisfy both sides.

OK so speaking of trades I'm looking to make a move that can go in one of several directions but I'm not sure what other people are looking for enough to fire off too many offers so maybe it'll work better if you guys come to me.

I am particularly looking to trade: one of Doughty, Weber, and Burns. I am, however, plenty aware that they are all young and reasonably strong multicategory producers to the point that over they'll probably all be top 10 dmen over the next few years so I would expect reasonable value back given that everyone will be keeping 1-2 defenseman a year given the suggested keeper rules.

I am mostly looking for: Couture+Defenseman to upgrade C, Defenseman or Gagne+Defenseman to upgrade LW, Rolly+Defenseman to upgrade G. I will also entertain other upgrades involving dropping a defenseman but it'd have to be for players I suspect aren't going to be moved. Anyone I get back for this would need to be someone I'd keep or it'd defeat the purpose of the deal.

Always willing to entertain other offers but focusing on the above. Everyone available except Lundqvist, Malkin, and RNH unless they're overpaid for.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
just wanted to mention that also included in the trade between me and kaleb is me giving up a 4th round pick next year if I finish in the top 6 or a 3rd round pick if I finish in the bottom 6 (based on 8 keepers) or if we do auction next year, 15% of whatever the base amount is.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
you still do well with this move, nice job
Ya I thought the trade was solid, it breathes some life into the league.
When the fuck did we agree that trading picks or any future considerations was an acceptable thing in this league? I always disagreed with it when it was proposed as an idea, it's not something that's ever been done before and I find it hard to suddenly have to accept it now, presented as it is, which is apparently an already done deal. What the fuck?

It is a system that can be abused. A trade should always come with a penalty, in that you're giving something to get something else in return. There needs to be some amount of risk involved for both teams. For a bottom dweller team by week 15, there is no penalty to trading your non-keeper assets for draft picks ; you're not effectively giving anything in return for the advantage you get the next season. There is no reason to emulate the NHL trade system this way, as I remember seeing that brought up as an argument. We're not the NHL, we're just some yahoo fantasy league.

To my knowledge, we've never had a vote about this and there was never any of our commish that made it clear he would impose it as part of our rules.

I've never veto'd a trade before, this one will be my first.

I don't plan on vetoing this trade. It isn't an unfair one. Maybe if a bottom dweller tried to trade his players to a winner for draft picks, then I would consider vetoing it. In this case it is a completely fair trade, so I'm not sure what you're so mad about.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You're an idiot and quite frankly missed the point entirely.

I didn't even look at the players involved in that trade. It simply has nothing to do with whatever this particular trade is unfair or not. I'm annoyed that we make something possible now that wasn't before without consulting the people in the league. I'm annoyed that two owners made up a rule out of the blue that to my knowledge didn't get anyone's consent.

And yeah, I veto it because I've always much disliked that idea of trading for future considerations, one that never went beyond being just an idea before it was suddenly imposed by two of the coaches.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I do agree with Vincent that it is a bit meh for this type of strategy to be considered legal without further discussion (especially since in the few posts Justin linked it seems like there was no positive affirmation reached).

However, I'm not vetoing because I actually really do like the trade for both sides and I'm going to go ahead and assume the people in this league won't be dicks about the potential to game this concept (please don't use "playing within the rules" to game it -_-).

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
Can it seriously not be made without the draft pick/auction fee? Isn't it possible to slightly modify it by adding another player instead? I'd rather avoid creating the precedent.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
I thought the trade was fine without the 'future considerations', should just scrap that and continue? BC gets the players that will be better in the future (both are young and improving) and I assume he plans on keeping both.

Kaleb gets the better players now, but they are old and might not be playing on the same level in a year or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)