2018-19 NBA Thread

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I love that Melo is so cancerous that the Rockets literally paid the Bulls to take him off their hands.

To be fair Melo wasn't that big of an issue for the Rockets when he played. I mean, his on and off numbers weren't in his favor but even after removing him, they were still essentially the same bad.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am quite glad the all star starters weren't 100% fan vote, seeing Luka, Drose and Dwade starting would've felt wrong.

West Starters:
Curry Harden LeBron KD PG13 (won a tiebreak with AD)

East Starters:
Kyrie Kemba Giannis Kawhi Embiid

Pretty good stuff here, East looks perfect, could make a perfectly valid argument for AD or Jokic being in the West, but West frontcourt is stacked af.

Andrew Wiggins is absolute garbage. I literally cannot trash him enough. When he announced his campaign to donate $22 per point scored this season to charity, 2 things struck me:

1. Shouldn't he donate based on FGA? He'd probably donate more money that way.
2. $22 per point is ridiculously stingy of him.

As of this moment, he's at 277 FGA to 269 points scored on the season. Even if we use his points total from his highest scoring season, he'd still only be donating $42,526, which is 0.17% of his salary this season. You read that right, 0.17%. He's legit doing this not because he cares about charity, but purely for PR.

Two games ago, Robert Covington shot 1-18 from the field. Last game, he bounced back with an 8-12 shooting night and at halftime vs the Spurs, is 5-8 and a game-high +29. Wiggins? After that abysmal 0-12 performance (with 1 rebound that bounced into his hands and thus he need not jump for and 1 assist that was very generous of the home score keeper), he went 4-11 last game and 2-10 at halftime vs the Spurs. This is the guy Glen Taylor chose to sign to a max extension despite him having shown no inclination to get better at basketball. He's doing this as a hobby that he gets paid for, not a career.
Lol fuck you, at least he is donating something, what do you do aside from complain?

Lol fuck you, at least he is donating something, what do you do aside from complain?
You're right, him donating 0.17% of his salary makes him so much of a pla- oh wait no it doesn't, he's still trash.

Anyways, obviously AD is trying to force his way to the Lakers without naming us, but Pelicans are gonna wait for the best offer anyway.

You're right, him donating 0.17% of his salary makes him so much of a pla- oh wait no it doesn't, he's still trash.

Anyways, obviously AD is trying to force his way to the Lakers without naming us, but Pelicans are gonna wait for the best offer anyway.
Nah bro he's obviously going to the Knicks

Between AD and now Jrue, Pels fans have to be committing suicide en masse rn

I never mentioned how good he is, i just said no matter what percentage he is donating, its still alot of money that will help.
And i do agree, AD really wants to go to LA i guess, thats why he asked for the trade now. Would be sad for Pel fans to lose both AD and Jrue but i love the lakers so lets go bois

Can Masai pull off another miracle?
Valanciunas, Siakam, VanVleet, Anunoby and picks would be my asking price. Ujiri can probably pull it off, but I wouldn't really call it a miracle. Getting rid of DeRozan itself was a miracle, though.

Lmao at the Grizz blowing a 25 point lead at home and losing. Hope they fetch a nice haul by trading Conley and Gasol, but good luck with a team taking on that Conley contract...

Grizzlies are actually in a tricky position where they might want bad deals that expire in a year or two. No point in getting expirings when a ton of other teams have cap space this summer, since they'll end up overpaying for someone not worth it (see: Luol Deng, Timofey Mozgov). I doubt they can overpay someone on a 1+1 or a 1-year deal like we did with Jordan Hill years ago or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. IMO they can try to get Tim Hardaway Jr from the Knicks and send Conley to a third team willing to give up expirings to the Knicks e.g. Utah with Rubio/Favors, Indiana with Young.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol, like Pels will trade before the deadline when Boston can give them a better deal in the offseason and it puts AD in the east.

Sending AD east is irrelevant to the Pelicans if they're rebuilding anyway. Apparently Rich Paul and AD are preparing to release a statement he prefers the Lakers lmao.

LeBron James Rich Paul Anthony Davis fined $50k for publicly demanding a trade lmao.

Last edited:
All Star reserves have also been announced.

EAST: Victor Oladipo (to be replaced), Kyle Lowry, Blake Griffin, Khris Middleton, Ben Simmons, Bradley Beal, Nikola Vucevic
WEST: Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Nikola Jokic, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson, LaMarcus Aldridge, Karl-Anthony Towns

No idea what Lowry has done to warrant a spot over D'Angelo. Also Klay only started to play well the past three weeks after being in a long slump. No Luka is blasphemous.

Just wanted to stop by and comment on the incompetence of the Knicks.

You trade away your young centerpiece, get little in return as far as assets, picked up a veteran (whom you plan to play) to block your future franchise center from getting development/PT. But congrats, you cleared up some cap? So, what big name FA is going to want to play for your blundering head coach and ownership?

Pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)