UU 2018 UnderUsed Championships - Finals [Won by robjr]

robjr

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RUPL Champion
Won vs misa in 3 great games. I know this isn't the result you wanted but just getting to finals is hard as it is, so congrats. I hope you get a chance to play in a team tournament in the future, you have a unique teambuilding outlook that can be difficult to gameplan for.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410562
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410567
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-410571

Now i dont have many shout outs to do, but I need to say thanks to a few people who helped me along the way, whether it was a just a small suggestion or helping me build from scratch:
Adaam thanks for being there whenever I needed help with a build or even just making something brand new. You have great knowledge of the tier and always had good suggestions for changing up certains sets or mons. Hope you get your shot to show that in the future!
HarrisIsAwesome thanks for helping me out in sm when you could, hope you kill it in SPL!
danger zone you have always been there to help me prep ever since SPL, and this tournament was no different. Even if you were busy, you still helped me a lot in the earlier rounds, so thanks.
Thanks Accelgor, TSR and Shiba for the DPP help the one round I didn't play all sm. Couldn't have won that game without all your help and team advise.
Last but certainly thanks TonyFlygon for your help. Even if you only critiqued a few things, I appreciate your support! Wouldn't be here without your help.

I look forward to trying and defend this ribbon next year against a very strong UU field.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lost in 3 ggs; game 3 really didn't go the way I planned it to, but Robjr played that game well, regardless.

I will use this opportunity to thank everyone who helped me in this tour, and in the entire UU circuit tours in general.

vivalospride, you did so much for me. You built with me everytime I asked you to, tested with me everytime I asked you to, and rated my teams everytime I asked to. Even if it was the middle of the night for you, or if you just woke up after 3 hours of sleep. You've motivated me more than everyone else did, not just in Pokemon-related things. I thank you all the time, but might as well use this opportunity to thank you again, so thanks! You are a truly unique individual and you'll get plenty of opportunities to shine and show your best - trust me on that!

Kink, I have no idea how didn't you grow to hate me. I personally believe that I am an annoying individual, but I have been the most annoying to you. You were the guy whom I always vented to every time I lost my motivation for Pokemon (which happened a lot of times!), yet you still gave me your full attention and motivated me the best you could, which definitely paid off! Look at me; from an absolute trash ladder player to the runner-up of the 2018 UnderUsed Circuit! You took a look at every team I threw at you, and even built teams for me, just to inspire me. Also, thanks for the Choice Band Swampert team I used in the semifinals. It did well! I am certain I couldn't have succeeded as much as I did in this 2018 UnderUsed Circuit without you. Thanks!

Ark, you were one of the first friends I have made in UU. From teaching me how to play stall correctly, helping me contribute to the UU forums, and giving me a lot of ORAS UU teams to helping me prepare for a game every time I asked for help and to just talk to me about random topics like politics, history, and brain transplants, you've been so good to me. I appreciate everything to this day. You've been a great role model, and you still are!

Sage, we pretty much started equal but look at you playing in SPL and being a great council member; I am really proud of you! You've focused on showing the world of Pokemon trainers how amazing you are, and you still haven't finished doing that. Just remember that there's a little user named Amane Misa when you are a big Tier Leader, or a Tournament Director - whatever road you eventually choose (if not both)!

Shiba, even though you stink, you are still awesome. Yeah, in all seriousness, you've helped me a lot in motivating me, in testing with me, in helping me build, or just in brainstorming me. Talking to you is also one really fun! You're a really interesting person, so stop saying that you're boring because I, the great Amane Misa, say that you're not boring! Be confident, you're a great player and a contributor, and I look up to you a lot!

CKW, aka my #1 cheerleader. Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't win this time :(. I will win next time, just watch me! You're a great player and a great builder and you've got a ton of potential in whatever tier you choose to focus! You've helped me a ton in motivating me and in being a good ventee to me whenever I was depressed or just wanted to talk; you're more than just a comrade Pokemon trainer to me, you're an amazing friend! Keep on being you and never change!

Eyan, you're another one of the very first friends I have made on this site. You've helped me to grow a lot by giving me the responsibilities of a C&C Forum Moderator, which also helped me to reach a big goal of mine since ages on this site, to qualify for a custom avatar. You've been one of the greatest friends to me and you're one of the closest people on this site to me. Keep on being yourself, you're amazing, I promise!

yeezyknows, more like, yeezythrows hahaha kek. Number #1 Israeli supporter on Smogon and a great friend who have always supported me. You're great in many ways, you'll get your opportunity to shine soon, so just wait and have some falafel or something :cwl:

UnleashOurPassion, you're the best Global Driver PS! has ever had. I hope that we will keep on being friends and that your bots will see some usage in a lot of public rooms!

danger zone, I am thanking you even though you're half dead. We haven't talked that much lately, but you've been my guidance in the very beginning. You've helped me on my journey to rate and to eventually become an official team rater, and got DrReuniclus (thank you so much for drafting me lol) to draft me in the last UUPL, which was a huge milestone for me!

A Cake Wearing A Hat Nuked maroon Darksafadao Hogg Pearl SilvioGuacamole FUMA HI-FI Adaam Cam you've all helped me, whether be it just a little or a lot, you deserve a shoutout! I couldn't think of anything to say that I didn't already say :blobsad:.

Bushtush, you can't see this because you're banned, but you've motivated me much more than everyone else on the site, combined. I couldn't have done as well as I did this year without you, thanks! I hope you do better in the next year's circuit!

robjr, well played! Congratulations on the ribbon, you deserve it!

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Great performances Rob, you’re really cementing your place as one of the UUers to beat atm in both individual and team tours, enjoy it!

Good run Misa, going so far in this and open is really something to be proud of over these last few months, great breakthrough year!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Grats Rob, it's been fun watching you grow as a player and builder from WCOP until now. I hope to see many more similar achievements moving forward, perhaps even in OU!

Impressive run Misa, it seems like you have been doing exceedingly well lately against some strong players and it has been cool watching you play/seeing what you bring.

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Why couldn't you guys carry my ass better in uupl if you can make it to the finals of this thing?
Misa, I can't show you evidence cause my hastebins died, but u were on the subs list regardless. Eyan and Cynde just made a final push. You probably would've gotten drafted by someone regardless too tho.
Also you guys both took advice from a self proclaimed tard so think about this in the future.

gz tho to both of you for making it this far and PokeTCG gamer1288 for winning the whole thing.
I really just wanted to post shiba saying he's a tard somewhere.
Back to being dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)