2019-20 NBA Season

AD was a ghost on offense and Lebron's defensive intensity SUCKED. Kudos to Markieff and Rondo keep us in it until late.
Jimmy was on another level but it's doubtful he can maintain this ridiculous output.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Probably Lakers in 5 or 6, but here's to hoping for some more interesting games!

edit: I can't count

Last edited:
I know basketball game can be an emotional thing (herp derp sports), but I think "when you talk too much, you hear too much". Lillard danced when Blazers got the W, Westbrook barked out loud, Murray got shimmy. Now all of then are in home seeing the Lakers reaching the Finals. Butler had big mouth and Herro was snarling like s*** in game 3. And Lakers got the 3-1 lead.

Again, I'm not saying that you have to be a cyborg Kawhi-like and don't show emotions, but again, the job wasn't done yet. Specially when you face off a team with a HoF player with 3 chips, 4 MVPs, 3FMVPs, a DPOY and MVP caliber this season and a good defensive system. The job is done when the job is done.

Lakers 3-1 with a stupendous defense in the clutch and a great performance from the supporting cast. The 17th banner is on the line next game, but like I said: the job is done when the job is done.

Last edited:
I know basketball game can be an emotional thing (herp derp sports), but I think "when you talk too much, you hear too much". Lillard danced when Blazers got the W, Westbrook barked out loud, Murray got shimmy. Now all of then are in home seeing the Lakers reaching the Finals. Butler had big mouth and Herro was snarling like s*** in game 3. And Lakers got the 3-1 lead.

Again, I'm not saying that you have to be a cyborg Kawhi-like and don't show emotions, but again, the job wasn't done yet. Specially when you face off a team with a HoF player with 3 chips, 4 MVPs, 3FMVPs, a DPOY and MVP caliber this season and a good defensive system. The job is done when the job is done.

Lakers 3-1 with a stupendous defense in the clutch and a great performance from the supporting cast. The 17th banner is on the line next game, but like I said: the job is done when the job is done.

the ultimate proof that lakers are the billionaire's son of nba franchises is that the fanbase is now trying to jaw about things the team doesn't even practice themselves. it's easy to preach this 'job's not done' mentality when you're the clear favorite in every series facing shorthanded lineups but laughing at the underdog for taking a second to celebrate their stealing a game is just sad. note that I'm not trying to take anything away from this team or what they've accomplished but to act like it's the result of a 'superior mentality' or whatever is downright hypocritical, when anyone with eyes can see that they are just flat-out the more talented team than any of their opponents. would be great if you guys took a second to check your privilege but alas.

lol; the lakers beat a sub .500 team, a smallball lineup that relied on the two most overrated players of this generation, and a young team that lacked the wing defense needed to win a championship, and are now up against a 5 seed whose leading postseason scorer went down in game 1 of the finals. this after adding two of the consensus top7 players in the league within a year's time despite doing almost nothing to deserve them, while the previous years' nba finalists broke up due to injuries and free agency and creating a power vacuum at the top of the league that the lakers were perfectly positioned to step into. again, not trying to take credit away but please be realistic and check your privilege at the door.

also lol @ keeping the receipts, if I cared to I could find a dozen articles from the athletic / the ringer / espn predicting that the warriors would sweep toronto without kd playing a minute last year and we all know how wrong those turned out to be (fivethirtyeight's model gave the raptors a slight edge to which I can only say they were ahead of the curve). it's the nature of the playoffs that everybody overreacts to a game 1 loss but if you feel the need to laugh at everyone's too-early takes then you do you I guess.

>Portland and Houston
You mean the teams that were going to rain 3s on us? While we had no counter because we're a garbage 3-point shooting team (which, don't get me wrong, is true)? Also I'm definitely putting Paul George as more overrated than Harden, but that's just me, I guess.

>Denver lacking wing defense
The team that beat the Clippers, who have no offense other than uh... wings..? And I guess the Lakers are just so dominant on the wings that the Nuggets really needed more wing defense to win..? To shut down the likes of Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green, I suppose. Oh wait, Kuzma was a 9.6ppg guy on 29.4% from 3 while Green scored 7.4ppg on 32.0% from 3. Anthony Davis scored 31.2ppg, though.

>deserve
lmao how do you even decide what teams deserve or not deserve? I can see a team "deserving" to lose when they miss 27 straight 3s, but I can't see how a team can "deserve" or "not deserve" free agents, or to-be free agents. Also muh gRiFfIn FlEeCeD pElInKa and tHe PiCk SwApS tho.

>privilege
Nah, pass on that check privilege bullshit, I'm only a fan of a team, there is no privilege. You're acting like other teams didn't go all-in to try win a title in the year that KD left to Brooklyn and Klay was gonna be out. Everyone knew the Warriors were a lottery squad. You're really ignoring that we hired our 3rd choice head coach (after Monty Williams picked Phoenix and we said no to Ty Lue's demand of a 5-year deal), started free agency almost a week after everyone else by going after and missing on Kawhi (hAhA cLiPpErS > lAkErS), picked up Memphis's scraps in Avery Bradley and Dwight Howard, threw some money at Danny Green, and retaining guys like JaVale (hasn't played meaningful minutes since Portland) and Rondo (garbage in regular season), while also picking up Markieff Morris in the buyout market when we missed on Marcus. Some "privilege" there.

>receipts
lel you're acting like those are my receipts. No, that's not me lmao.

"Not trying to take away the credit, but,..."
because I'm really not? I give the lakers credit for realising that defense wins championships and selling out to find guys that can play that role deep in the postseason. I give ad credit for proving that everyone who said he couldn't be the guy wrong by showing every weapon in his arsenal throughout his dominant run. I give lebron credit for still being a ~top3 player in year 17. I give the lakers credit for overcoming a few minor hiccups to dispatch clearly worse opposition, because you cannot fault a team for taking care of business the way that they're supposed to. and I give the lakers credit for staying locked in and motivated (again, with a few minor hiccups) throughout a historically weird season - despite all the talk, I can't put an asterisk on a team that showed up and did what they needed to and that's looked as dominant as the lakers have while doing it.

no, my problem is with the laker fans who act entitled as fuck and are now gloating as if they were somehow always the underdog after being gassed all season by the media as the team to beat (at worst they were the cofavorites with the bucks and clippers going into the playoffs, nobody seriously backed portland outside of portland fans and nobody seriously backed houston outside of the analytics heads who're still trying to pretend westbrook and harden might not shoot their team out of a playoff game for once). my problem is the laker fans who spent the entire 2019 finals gassing kawhi and unironically 'thanking' the raptors for rehabilitating him, only to turn around and call him a worse snake than kd for joining the clippers (please don't bother to dispute this, I have the receipts). that is the privilege I am talking about; the privilege with which it's not just hoped for but simply expected that the best players in the world should fall to their knees and beg for the honor of donning the purple and gold every offseason while other teams have gone through decades without having a top15 player. and it annoys me that the teams that do everything right on paper wrt drafting talent, culture, coaching and building a team up sustainably (raptors are the prime example of this but there are others) get shafted over and over again and are taunted relentlessly for it just so that the big markets can gloat about once again pulling victory from the jaws of total failure (again there are worse offenders than the lakers as far as this goes - hi red sox nation! - but to me they're all bad and the system that enables them fucking sucks and should be overhauled).

again, I'm not trying to take anything away from the lakers; on the court at least they earned this title and the fanbase should look back at it with pride. it's just a dick move to act like the organisation has some secret sauce or laker mentality or whatever that no other team has figured out and that's the only reason why they're winning. your superpower is big market clout, so at least have the dignity to own it lol.

IBM

Banned deucer.
If you think the lakers haven’t been the favorite by far in every series they’ve played you’re delusional

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
How good is revisionist history to discredit the Lakers' achievements thus far?

Very few people I know expected a championship (it was all Bucks or Clippers).

I heard loud contingents of doubters in the media before the Blazers AND the Rockets series, it was only once we made the WCF that those people quietened down.

People complaining about us having an easy path: maybe the Bucks, Celtics, and Clippers shouldn't have lost 4 times in 7 games (which is funnily the same number of total losses we have for the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS to this point).

There is no asterisk - if we close this series out, I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

no, my problem is with the laker fans who act entitled as fuck and are now gloating as if they were somehow always the underdog after being gassed all season by the media as the team to beat (at worst they were the cofavorites with the bucks and clippers going into the playoffs, nobody seriously backed portland outside of portland fans and nobody seriously backed houston outside of the analytics heads who're still trying to pretend westbrook and harden might not shoot their team out of a playoff game for once). my problem is the laker fans who spent the entire 2019 finals gassing kawhi and unironically 'thanking' the raptors for rehabilitating him, only to turn around and call him a worse snake than kd for joining the clippers (please don't bother to dispute this, I have the receipts). that is the privilege I am talking about; the privilege with which it's not just hoped for but simply expected that the best players in the world should fall to their knees and beg for the honor of donning the purple and gold every offseason while other teams have gone through decades without having a top15 player. and it annoys me that the teams that do everything right on paper wrt drafting talent, culture, coaching and building a team up sustainably (raptors are the prime example of this but there are others) get shafted over and over again and are taunted relentlessly for it just so that the big markets can gloat about once again pulling victory from the jaws of total failure (again there are worse offenders than the lakers as far as this goes - hi red sox nation! - but to me they're all bad and the system that enables them fucking sucks and should be overhauled).

again, I'm not trying to take anything away from the lakers; on the court at least they earned this title and the fanbase should look back at it with pride. it's just a dick move to act like the organization has some secret sauce or laker mentality or whatever that no other team has figured out and that's the only reason why they're winning. your superpower is big market clout, so at least have the dignity to own it lol.
If you're gonna vase your entire opinion of Lakers fans based on the human refuse that lives on twitter, then you deserve to be lied to. There are so many toxic front runner fans and LeBron stans out there that make the loyal Lakers fans look bad. Anyone can cherry pick the worst of a fan base. Maybe I should declare that all Raptors fans are toxic, fucking assholes for attacking Ryen Russillo on his personal Instagram account and saying the most disgusting things about his friends and relatives and their families just because he doesn't like Lowry and lets people know about it. But instead of leaning into my opinion I'll be rational and deduce that those morons don't represent all the toronto fans.

I do love his quote how Toronto gets the biggest pass for defeating a depleted GS squad missing an MVP player and another top 30 dude. But it's fine, you guys sit up there and enjoy that chip because you're never getting another one.

also lol @ keeping the receipts
my problem is the laker fans who spent the entire 2019 finals gassing kawhi and unironically 'thanking' the raptors for rehabilitating him, only to turn around and call him a worse snake than kd for joining the clippers (please don't bother to dispute this, I have the receipts).
lel

If you're gonna vase your entire opinion of Lakers fans based on the human refuse that lives on twitter, then you deserve to be lied to.
I'll also throw in R*ddit. I spent about an hour in the Lakers subr*ddit last offseason to see what kind of stuff they were coming up with to convince themselves Kawhi was coming and boy, never going back there again.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
proud of my heat. we made a huge statement this playoffs run and we're set for a damn good future
What Kanburi said, it ain't done and I hope the Lakers don't act like that tomorrow. Win or lose though, if you're a Heat fan you've gotta be excited about the future for sure!

proud of my heat. we made a huge statement this playoffs run and we're set for a damn good future
Not only about the bright future and an amazing playoffs run (which still can end with a trophy), the salary cap. Heat can reach an All-Star and if I would be and NBA All-Star I would think closely to "bring my talents to South Beach".

lel Markieff pulled a JR, also not sure why the play was Danny Green from the top of the arc but goddamn Jimmy Buckets

This is his shot chart from this regular season btw, we really ran that play for him...
Screenshot 2020-10-10 115103.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)