PU 2019 USM PU Ladder Tournament: Playoffs (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by Megazard and me I guess?

Art borrowed from here and originally by RitterCat
Hello all, and welcome to the second USM PU ladder tournament! This ladder tournament is part of the ongoing PU Circuit, where the top players who have earned points from each tour duke it out for the coveted PU Ribbon!

This tournament will consist of two stages, as follows:

Stage One
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The eight participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility we will need substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 9th and 10th people in each period and randomise them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #9 or #10, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 8 of a given cycle.

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

Stage Two
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the 32 top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified in (i.e. #1, #2 etc.) and the week they qualified, with the higher seed going to the player who qualified first. More information on format and rules are listed below. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

• Seeds are based on positioning on the ladder
  • USM PU Bo3
  • Replays are required. If your match does not have replays then it did not happen.
  • Best of luck!
Rexus vs jonago
Chloe vs Ktütverde
TJ vs Carmin
Xiri vs pancakemix97
Youngster_Bill vs lockjaw
tlenit1 vs Plas
Serene Grace
vs Gelbel3c
Lambovino vs robjr
FUMA HI-FI
vs Ampha
Shaneghoul
vs Squash17 ^_^
zugubu royale
vs PILZ
Luthier vs Lennart
akaFila vs Ill Leave
Horodro
vs soTsoT
Crying Lightning
vs yedla
OminousDraco
vs Skipkan

Deadline is Sunday, April 28th, at 11pm EST! Replays are required!

Last edited:

PILZ

Banned deucer.
UNBIASED PREDICTS

Rexus
vs jonago
Chloe vs Ktütverde
TJ
vs Carmin
Xiri vs pancakemix97
Youngster_Bill vs lockjaw :heart:
tlenit1 vs Plas
Serene Grace
vs Gelbel3c
Lambovino vs robjr
FUMA HI-FI vs Ampha
Shaneghoul
vs Squash17 ^_^
Luthier vs Lennart
akaFila vs Ill Leave
Horodro vs soTsoT
Crying Lightning vs yedla
OminousDraco vs Skipkan

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys I just want to be clear, Lilligant is not banned and the intent was never for Pokemon like it to be banned. That rule we implemented is strictly about new drops the tier hasn't dealt with before, i.e. Houndoom or Minior just dropped and we don't know if it'll completely screw up our tours. The intent was never to remove things we've been dealing with for months since there's really no point in doing that, Taskr just got slightly confused on that when he made a post which was screenshotted to make it look like Lilligant was maybe supposed to be banned for this tournament. I know this has already confused players of one match, sorry about the miscommunication.

If something from the tier is not allowed, we will make it abundantly clear in the OP. Again, Lilligant is legal for this tournament.

I would like to reflect on that series because that was...a crazy one for sure.

The first game was awesome. To be honest, my matchup was awesome as well but it really came down to the wire. The midgame was poorly played on my part but I think I was in the driver's seat all the way.

The second game was a real letdown for me. At the beginning I was like "Yeah, great Matchup! Get up Rocks -> win with Simisage". That set was designed to beat Stall and...it didn't work...I think the Sucker Punch chip destroyed me in the end. Maybe the Fblast miss took away some of my momentum...but I don't think as much.

Game three was..awful for me. I couldn't do anything - spinning was impossible, I had no offensive presence; only my defensive backbone was ok (but got rekt by the dinosaur). Ergo: My team was shit. Throwing it away instantly haha!

All in all a fun series! I hope I can do better in future tournaments! What I have learned was that I definitely have to practise Best of 3's. I realized really early in G2 that my concentration wasn't there as much. Maybe if I improved that I can do it someday!

Anyways: ggs, Rexus :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)