PU 2019 USM PU Ladder Tournament: Playoffs (Semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art borrowed from here and originally by RitterCat
Hello all, and welcome to the second USM PU ladder tournament! This ladder tournament is part of the ongoing PU Circuit, where the top players who have earned points from each tour duke it out for the coveted PU Ribbon!

This tournament will consist of two stages, as follows:

Stage One
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The eight participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility we will need substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 9th and 10th people in each period and randomise them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #9 or #10, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 8 of a given cycle.

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

Stage Two
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the 32 top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified in (i.e. #1, #2 etc.) and the week they qualified, with the higher seed going to the player who qualified first. More information on format and rules are listed below. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

• Seeds are based on positioning on the ladder
  • USM PU Bo3
  • Replays are required. If your match does not have replays then it did not happen.
  • Best of luck!
Rexus vs tlenit1
Squash17 ^_^
vs Skipkan

Deadline is Sunday, May 19th, at 11pm EST! Replays are required!

Last edited:

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Well.. interesting. When someone schedules like... "Maybe Sunday afternoon I guess, idk what hour I will be here " on Tuesday and then, at 3 pm says "I have other tours to play later, can’t play" and calls activity... Well, i dont know if I was supposed to stare at my wall from 1pm to 5pm non-stop or what, i simply did not and was online on PS instead, for around an hour already, where you did not contact me... actually i planned to just catch you here at like 4pm when you would probably be home... A nice surprise.

Squash

UTA Overlord
U know if u are online on ps maybe pm me when u are online, on SMOGON and don’t wait I come

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
First time someone has this problem since I've started playing in smogon tours. The matches are played on showdown, you are the one who said "afternoon" and called activity at 3pm, and i'd say you could at least try to contact me on PS. I did that.

Anyway I'm quite sure this ridiculous attempt to take a free win (idk why ME, of all the people) won't be successful, so if you dont have the time to battle rn, I'm asking for an extension then.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Both of you did a really terrible job scheduling frankly. If you are going to schedule, give a specific time. I'll give an extension to Wednesday but atm this is a flip imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)