Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anecdotally I can agree with this being true (lol I'm gay), but it definitely has not felt like a 2:1 lead over closest competitor to me.
Among people I know (and oh boy is that a lot of gays), a slight plurality support Warren, though it's possible there's been significant movement to Bernie in the last two months or so like this polling suggests. I do know one person who publicly switched from supporting Warren to Bernie in that time frame.
The Pete and Bloomberg support seems about right too.
The low numbers for Biden (and high numbers for Bernie) probably have more to do with age than sexual orientation.

See for example this breakdown of support by age from a NJ poll (quickest one I could find, but the trend I'm sure holds true in most every poll)

So if according to the Morning Consult poll:
"LGBTQ voters are roughly twice as likely to identify as “very liberal” (33 percent vs. 16 percent) and to be between the ages of 18 and 29 (35 percent to 18 percent)."

well then no shit Bernie leads among young, very liberal people, regardless of their sexual orientation. We already know that.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
re: "sanders doesnt do anything!!" (open the whole thread)

This is the stupidest list, and I can't believe people are still unironically sharing it in 2020.

The vast majority have nothing to do with Bernie. Some are straight-up lies. Others make him look terrible when you read further than a Twitter meme ("Passage of veterans healthcare legislation with John McCain"... you mean bernie passed VA healthcare legislation, royally fucked it up and let dozens of people die, then John McCain of all people swooped in and saved it? Yeah, not a great talking point for someone who is running on revamping American healthcare and condemning across-the-aisle work).

Bernie fans consistently know the least about Bernie. If they were actually informed, they wouldn't be supporting him.

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Bernie fans consistently know the least about Bernie. If they were actually informed, they wouldn't be supporting him.
i mean, if there were so many people who still voted hillary clinton in the 2016 primaries despite knowing about benghazi, im sure sanders wouldn't lose much support if more voters were more "informed" about his "bad" legislative career. turns out u can know about something and simply not give a shit

This is the stupidest list, and I can't believe people are still unironically sharing it in 2020.

The vast majority have nothing to do with Bernie. Some are straight-up lies. Others make him look terrible when you read further than a Twitter meme ("Passage of veterans healthcare legislation with John McCain"... you mean bernie passed VA healthcare legislation, royally fucked it up and let dozens of people die, then John McCain of all people swooped in and saved it? Yeah, not a great talking point for someone who is running on revamping American healthcare and condemning across-the-aisle work).

I find it immensely funny that linking evidence to the contrary of 'standard neo-liberal nonsense talking point #35,526' is met with a Trump-esque retort baselessly asserting that a senior Sanders staffer (and current senior advisor) is lying through his teeth with no supporting evidence given to this assertion whatsoever. On top of that, you pretend to actually care about systematically avoidable deaths by talking about VA healthcare, but by all accounts you are A-OK with Biden's healthcare """"""reform"""""" that will leave millions uncovered and consequently get over 100,000 people killed over the course of a decade purely to defend the continued existence of private health insurance (wow, would you look at that, his campaign's chairman is a former pharma lobbyist!). You're also A-OK with voting for a war hawk that pushed for an illegal, offensive war against a sovereign country (that didn't attack us!) that got roughly 200,000 Iraqi civilians killed. Hmm, I don't know if it's just me, but being alright with a candidate of this stripe and claiming to be a humanitarian seems... like utter bullshit?

At this point, it would be unfair to the other posters in this thread that at least attempt to be intellectually honest to treat you as anything other than a troll. For how much the status quo vanguard center-right establishment dem folks love to emphatically harp on how much of a cancer Trump and his supporter base is, y'all both seem to love compensating for being analytically challenged by being as disingenuous as humanly possible at every conceivable turn!

Last edited:
i dont want my senator to be in ideological agreement with the death cult psychopaths on major ideological issues. it's a point of strength that sanders will not sign bipartisan bills that he disagrees with (grand bargain being perhaps chief among them).
That's truly sad you think of people on the other side that way. It's comments like that which further degrade our cultural relations.

what "further degrades your cultural relations" is the president's hate filled rhetoric aimed at minorities, the subsequent rise in hate crimes committed by white supremacists against poc, the mass incarceration, the fight to criminalize abortions, the gerrymandering, and the consistent drift towards the right from both parties over the past 40 years, ultimately leaving voters with the choice between a center-right and a far-right party. naturally, all of the above has left many citizens feeling emotionally disengaged. it is the failure of the representatives to properly represent the views of their constituency which has led to this polarized situation, not one singular individual condemning a political party with completely different political views.

what "further degrades your cultural relations" is the president's hate filled rhetoric aimed at minorities, the subsequent rise in hate crimes committed by white supremacists against poc, the mass incarceration, the fight to criminalize abortions, the gerrymandering, and the consistent drift towards the right from both parties over the past 40 years, ultimately leaving voters with the choice between a center-right and a far-right party. naturally, all of the above has left many citizens feeling emotionally disengaged. it is the failure of the representatives to properly represent the views of their constituency which has led to this polarized situation, not one singular individual condemning a political party with completely different political views.
Why are we still going on with this "dems are center right" bogus nonsense. You are seriously shitting me of you believe that, y'all have moved further left this decade. Y'all are also the only ones furthering racism, because youre the only ones still seeing people for race and not as Americans. Y'all are the only ones calling Trump supporters dumb idiots (see: recent CNN Don Lemon segment), deplorables, among others. You are the only ones polarizing the situation in our politics more than anyone else by pushing for no compromise, no business with the right, and shout at them at restaurants and gas stations (see: Maxine Waters). You are the only ones who have since slavery, and still are, discriminating. I take issue with comments like that, and unity is best among all else. Comments like that are why you lost in 2016. Despicable.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I find it immensely funny that linking evidence to the contrary of 'standard neo-liberal nonsense talking point #35,526' is met with a Trump-esque retort baselessly asserting that a senior Sanders staffer (and current senior advisor) is lying through his teeth with no supporting evidence given to this assertion whatsoever. On top of that, you pretend to actually care about systematically avoidable deaths by talking about VA healthcare, but by all accounts you are A-OK with Biden's healthcare """"""reform"""""" that will leave millions uncovered and consequently get over 100,000 people killed over the course of a decade purely to defend the continued existence of private health insurance (wow, would you look at that, his campaign's chairman is a former pharma lobbyist!). You're also A-OK with voting for a war hawk that pushed for an illegal, offensive war against a sovereign country (that didn't attack us!) that got roughly 200,000 Iraqi civilians killed. Hmm, I don't know if it's just me, but being alright with a candidate of this stripe and claiming to be a humanitarian seems... like utter bullshit?

At this point, it would be unfair to the other posters in this thread that at least attempt to be intellectually honest to treat you as anything other than a troll. For how much the status quo vanguard center-right establishment dem folks love to emphatically harp on how much of a cancer Trump and his supporter base is, y'all both seem to love compensating for being analytically challenged by being as disingenuous as humanly possible at every conceivable turn!
I'm truly baffled that people thought your comment sounded intelligent. You didn't even respond. You just deflected to Joe Biden voting for the Iraq war (which is an odd play, since Bernie voted for Afghanistan and AUMF) and the "worse than twenty-three 9/11s!!" line (which is also an odd play, considering I mocked that same exact argument one page ago). Besides, at this point I'm not even voting for Biden. Why you thought talking about his healthcare plan was an appropriate response, I have no clue.

That list you found on Twitter has been in circulation for over a year now. It's a meme. The fact that you think it's some new earth-shattering rebuttal just shows once again how politically oblivious you are (hard to hear news so high up on your soap box, isn't it?). Like I said, Bernie had shit to do with hardly any of those "accomplishments", and the ones he did (like VA Healthcare), he completely botched and let dozens of people die. Respond to that.

Russian Twitter bots are more capable of intelligent discussion.

Last edited:

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
you get skullfucked daily by real trans / gay / poc / international people in this thread and call us idiots (i am none of the listed, to be clear)

unbelievable

s/o to dece1t because his 'haha' reaction to posts his disagrees with is more substantive than this

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
you get skullfucked daily by real trans / gay / poc / international people in this thread and call us idiots (i am none of the listed, to be clear)
If you consider any of the responses I get in this thread a skullfucking, then "idiot" doesn't even begin to describe you.

Reactions: PDC

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
mikedawg if ur so stumped to wonder why dk gets all the likes and u dont then its time for introspection
You said with no irony that "white supremacy" is someone calling things racist.

Putting that social work degree to real good use, I see.

just let them hash it out. the personal attacks stem from topical posts so it's not all that off-topic. in all honesty, it seems like neither party really minds these sorts of arguments so mods should step pack and let this thread pan out however that may be.

just let them hash it out. the personal attacks stem from topical posts so it's not all that off-topic. in all honesty, it seems like neither party really minds these sorts of arguments so mods should step pack and let this thread pan out however that may be.
Honestly I am locked and loaded with insults o'plenty, I do not mind this if people continue going down the dirty route at this point, because I am not a fan of being pushed around with the risk of legit arguments getting deleted because there's insults sprinkled in.

P.s. thanks for the shoutout PDC, what an honor. I laugh because these arguments are bullshit stupid and funny, I dont laugh at the more respectable and legitimate ones (shoutout tcr), but hey whatever keeps me shitting off of my chair lol

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Why are we still going on with this "dems are center right" bogus nonsense. You are seriously shitting me of you believe that, y'all have moved further left this decade. Y'all are also the only ones furthering racism, because youre the only ones still seeing people for race and not as Americans. Y'all are the only ones calling Trump supporters dumb idiots (see: recent CNN Don Lemon segment), deplorables, among others. You are the only ones polarizing the situation in our politics more than anyone else by pushing for no compromise, no business with the right, and shout at them at restaurants and gas stations (see: Maxine Waters). You are the only ones who have since slavery, and still are, discriminating. I take issue with comments like that, and unity is best among all else. Comments like that are why you lost in 2016. Despicable.
being to the left of ronald reagan doesn't make you a left wing party per se. the dems have moved to the left in recent memory, but only after they shifted to the right in the 80s/90s. compared to european political parties, they are at best "centrist," which for me means something like "progressive where it's affordable to be progressive." in practice this means a lot of posturing about LGBTQ+ and race issues without providing a concrete, systemic plan to combat homo/transphobia and racism. meanwhile, issues where capital has too much at stake, like the interventionist foreign policy of the US, are barely even touched upon. any way the wind blows u know

btw im not gonna try to explain racism to u nor am i in a position to do so, but if ur interested in learning about how your "the only people who are racist are the ones who keep bringing race up" is actually said to contribute to racism, i can provide u with a nice academic article on the phenomenon of color-blind racism. feel free to hit me up if ur willing to learn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)