Monotype 2023 Monotype Circuit Playoffs (Won by Toadow)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Art by Seo.

Welcome to the 2023 Monotype Circuit Playoffs! This is what the entire year's Monotype tournament circuit has been leading up to, we now finally have our 16 playoff contestants. The whole tournament will be hosted in this thread. The winner of this tournament will receive the Monotype ribbon they've been playing to qualify for over the past year!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 9 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Five. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! You must play on either smogtours or the main server. All other servers will not count even if you win!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
  • MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR REPLAYS. ALL REPLAYS MUST BE POSTED IN THE THREAD FOR IT TO COUNT!
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Items Clause: Evasion items are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Terastal Clause: You cannot Terastallize
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
1. Dieu Amphibien
2. Trichotomy
3. Toadow
4. Mihowk
5. tMoi
6. kythr
7. Cielau
8. Froalain
9. TheWyvernKing
10. Arkenciel
11. Chaitanya
12. TheArchitect_
13. Xiri
14. crashy
15. Felines
16. Whitequeen

Round 4: Finals
3. Toadow vs 5. tMoi

ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD!
Deadline for this round is Sunday, January 21st @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5)

Round 1:
1. Dieu Amphibien vs 16. WhiteQueen
2. Trichotomy vs 15. Felines
3. Toadow vs 14. crashy
4. Mihowk vs 13. Xiri
5. tMoi vs 12. TheArchitect_
6. kythr vs 11. Chaitanya
7. Cielau vs 10. ArkenCiel
8. Fraolain vs 9. TheWyvernKing

All rounds will be in the Indigo Disk DLC SV Monotype Format and will be a Best of Five!
ALL REPLAYS NEED TO BE POSTED IN THE THREAD.
Deadline for this round is Sunday, December 31st @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5)
1. Dieu Amphibien vs 8. Fraolain
2. Trichotomy vs 7. Cielau
3. Toadow vs 11. Chaitanya
13. Xiri vs. 5. tMoi

Last edited:

Arase

Banned deucer.
1. Dieu Amphibien vs 16. WhiteQueen dieu will most likely leak his prep by mistake and end up losing
2. Trichotomy vs 15. Felines long live the monotype king
3. Toadow vs 14. crashy im bolding him because hes my manager and because i bullied him too much already
4. Mihowk vs 13. Xiri MIHOWK IS THE MONOTYPE RAISING STAR WOOOOO
5. tMoi vs 12. TheArchitect_ hes the architect, he been BUILDING
6. kythr vs 11. Chaitanya token pick, maybe not washed by now
7. Cielau vs 10. ArkenCiel my goat, he will always win as long as he honors our demonic contract
8. Fraolain vs 9. TheWyvernKing better player + undercover frenchie

Predictions: 2-1

1 Dieu Amphibien vs 16 WhiteQueen - Sorry, buddy [Correct]
2 Trichotomy vs 15 Felines - Mhm [Correct]
3 Toadow vs 14 crashy - Lil bro aint prepared to play gen 9 jajaja
4 Mihowk vs 13 Xiri - Please win, Mihowk
5 tMoi vs 12 TheArchitect_ - Fuck recent results, do not sleep on the 'tect.
6 kythr vs 11 Chaitanya - Arken made a good point in his predicts
7 Cielau vs 10 ArkenCiel - Cielau ain't stepping to the champ obv
8 Fraolain vs 9 TheWyvernKing - I believe in u both [Incorrect]

Last edited:
1. Dieu Amphibien vs 16. WhiteQueen - WQ no restraints no diffs seed 1
2. Trichotomy vs 15. Felines - Felines is unfortunately up against a goat
3. Toadow vs 14. crashy - crashy, if you are reading this, you need to lock in. change up your mentality, you can't win like this
4. Mihowk vs 13. Xiri - go Mihowk
5. tMoi vs 12. TheArchitect_ - I think Arch will make some games close with some teams he's cooking but tMoi runs off with it
6. kythr vs 11. Chaitanya - Idt Chait's motivated enough
7. Cielau vs 10. ArkenCiel - my winning streak ends against a Froakie, not a bad way to go down
8. Fraolain vs 9. TheWyvernKing - should be a very fun series

cpt.kraken

I COULD BE BANNED!
Dieu Amphibien vs WhiteQueen : imouto and also mod coup critique + why fraolain is twice in this tour ?
Trichotomy vs Felines : solid against everything except if Felines haxx
Toadow vs crashy : Toadow is in good shape and go mono Fr
Mihowk vs Xiri : the bro is gonna kill it
tMoi vs TheArchitect_ : the other bro
kythr vs Chaitanya : too strong
Cielau vs ArkenCiel : cieluck the goat
Fraolain vs TheWyvernKing : imouto + why dieu amphibien is twice in this tour ?

7/8 almost a perfect prono, good job everyone !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)