3/4 Stall, eh?

Introduction

привет my friends. This is my 3/4 stall team :3 (I thought it'd sound fancy like that) Anyway, its sort of a stall team but not fully so it's 3/4, get it? uJelly yet? Stall isn't really my style but I thought that I'd give it a try because there were some new guys that I wanted to try out such as Slowbro and Hitmontop. I've tried stall out before in this Gen but ended up getting raped so I gave up. Eventually, this team came to together out of randomness and here we have it. I brought together some new factors of this Gen, some old factors of the previous one and a bit of 'Sparky' magic to make it flow... like a river. Another thing, if you bothered reading this, be as critical as possible i wont break down into an emotional fit... Clearly, introductions arent my strong point as you can see, so on to T3H team;

CAN YOU SEE ME?

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Original or what? Ok, Scarf Zapdos lead is actually extremly effective. Since it's scarfed I put on a Modest nature to give it as much power as possibe. Although, im not really such because since it has 299 speed it draws with a lot of stuff such as Adamant ScarfGon, Adamant +1 DD Mence, Jirachi etc. Thoughts? Pretty typical moves for great coverage. HP Ice>Grass because I dont find it as useful in general, its only good against Swampert and the rare Quagsire. Plus, BoltBeam is sexy and with all the Dragons and Gliscor's running loose it's even better. Volt Switch makes this set what it is. Being a revenge killer and scout makes it all the more awesome. I quite like this guy and doubt I'll change him.
The yellow writing hurt my eyes :3

Hitmontop (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rest
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

This is guy number uno that I wanted to try out. I've always wanted to try him out but he needs a good certain type of coverage to be effective and most of my teams that I tried putting him in didn't provide that. But now that this team does I can see his full potential. Intimidate because it lowers the oppnents Attack (Captain Obvious) which helps me wall better and it being SDefensivly based even more against physical attackers. The Ev's are to provide good Special coverage while maintaining good physical. The moves are a bit mixed from different sets which benefit my play style, and my teams, the best. Close Combat for a good powerful stab. With Stealth Rocks being so common and my Zapdos being very important and since its switching in a lot I couldnt afford to have them on the field so Rapid Spin came in. Hitmontop is going to be taking quite a few hits and without reliable recovery and my team not having Wish support I had to give it Rest, and I dislike sleeping so I gave it a Chesto for instant waking up. Toxic is kinda a filler plus I dont have a Toxicer so meh.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Number dos, I think... Anyways, Slowbro is one hell of a physical wall, with 394 HP and 350 Def it isnt going down soon. Slowbro is great because he provides crucial coverage and an excellent physical wall. Basic moves are basic. Scald for the reliable STAB and 30% chance of burn is nice. Psychic>Ice Beam, not sure why but it seems to be better. Slack Off for great instan recovery. I choose Thunder Wave over Toxic or any other move because with all these boosting physical sweepers Toxic isnt going to do much in the long run but Thunder Wave will cripple them and I can deal with them accordingly. Slowbro is even better in this Gen because of its new DW ability Regenerator, which allows me to gain 33% health when I switch which is incredibly useful. Overall, its a great wall with great recovery.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Most OverUsed OU at the moment, eh? It's not half bad. Threre's not much that I can say here that you havent heard a millions times over, unless this is your first time rating than go look at another thread and get the idea. But seriously, SR>Spikes because it's easier to set up and helps on more threats that I find threatening... It's got such badass defensives and coverage so it just had to get a place. Steel types are always good to have and there arent many wall-like Grass types except for Celebi (Brain died) that I can think of but I'm not really a big fan of Celebi.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

This is the only guy that im not really sure about but I just gotta have it. What came to my mind at first was Bulky Ghost types which were Dusclops, Cofragious and Spiritomb. Dusclops and Cofragious werent excatly fitting in with my river-like flow and Spiritomb was the only one left. With respectable bulk and no weaknesses it was appealing. The Ghost factor gave me a counter to Fighting types and with most of them being physical W-o-W is a great move to have. I choose the SleepTalk set so I have a status absorber aswell and good recovery. Dark Pulse>Shadow Ball because it hits more for neutral damage and doesnt have any immunity hit thing, you know what i mean, Ghost-Normal. I need this guy pretty badly because he provides a key immunity, also he's a SpinBlocker.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Facade
- Swords Dance

A pokemon I didn’t really like at the start of the gen but I didn’t realise how awesome and important it would be. It’s more of a bulky offensive ser and one of the more original sets of the team. The Ev’s allow me to have gain great bulk and out speed base 95’s and the rest are just dumped into Attack just for extra damage really. Also with Gliscor natural bulk, especially in Def, it doesn’t really need much investment in its defences to take a few hits. The moves may look a bit odd but believe me they work so well together it’s not even funny. Protect is there to scout the enemies moves (Ice Beam T-tar), see if they are choiced in any way and to gain extra heal. SD is there to double my attack and with my decent speed and a bit of luck I can sometimes sweep unprepared teams. Earthquake is just a great all round and STAB move. Now, Façade is the crux of this set as it allows me to have a decent coverage move with good damage from the poison but it also allows me to take out one of this metagames biggest threat, Air Balloon Excadrill. My main counter to SS teams and a good overall poke so im pretty sure this guy isn’t going anywhere in a hurry.

Please do rate my team, I do take battling seriously even if I dont seem like it :P

Peace and Thanks

Right now I can't think wether this team works well or not in detail, but it looks fine so far. My only suggestion would be to give Hitmontop Mach Punch and leave Toxic for Ferrothorn, just in case you need priority or in order to attack without leaving Hitmontop defenseless.

The moves on each set are kind of crucial so I dont really want to change it especially on Ferro and on Hitmontop I was thinking about Mach Punch but I thought it'd be kind of weak with out Technician or any Attack Evs >_<

Thanks for the rate anyways

Hello,

Cool team champ. Got a couple of sugestions...

The first is giving Gliscor Taunt > Protect. Right now your set is sitting half way between two popular sets:
1. AcroFling
2. Iconicisor
Seeing as how your set leans more towards the Iconiciscor set I thought that it would be better. You also dont need that many speed EV's... What is the use of him outpacing base 95's? Running more defense is obviously the superior option. Try the Iconiciscor spread of 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe Impish.

The next thing I notice is how you are really CM Reuniclus weak. Sure you have Spiritomb, but as Reuniclus boosts you won't be hurting him with Dark Pulse. I suggest a Trick Choice Band set with something like Trick, Sucker Punch, Pursuit and whatever. It'll help you out abit. Also run three different statuses is a pretty bad idea, so removing one will alleviate that problem.

Thats all I can see right now ==

GL

хорошая команда =)

Anyways I think you should switch thunder wave with calm mind on Slowbro, just burn those physical sweepers and set up on them yourself. You will be surprised at the lack of mons that can deal with 2+ bulky Slowbro.

Apart from that you might want to add thunder wave to Ferrothorn if you feel a real need for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)