Banded or Scarfed Terrakion

• Banded

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Scarfed

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey there Asterat this is a cool team.

I would change Thunderbolt to Volt Switch on Rotom-W (as if I would ever use Volt Switch Rotom-W) but it does help the flow of your team, it opens up chances for Scizor to set up and break walls for Virizion, for example Skarmory is forced out by Rotom-W and whatever thing sent out that gets manhandled by Scizor gets set up on, literally anything else is manhandled by Tyranitar or outrun and killed by the next pokemon I would recommend you use.

Scarf Terrakion over Band gives a revenge killer and wiggle room- sub gyara just subbed on your Volt Switch? It can't do anything about a Scarf Terrakion besides pray for a miss. This gives you a much more reliable revenge killer for all kinds of threats, like Volcarona, Salamence, Dragonite, and so on. It's not unrealistic that those get to set up either. Terrakion shouldn't be the main focus of wallbreaking so this is the best place to put your revenge killer IMO, Scizor lures out Skarmory which is obviously a nightmare for Virizion and is easy to get in with Rotom.

A couple more nitpicky things, Crunch really isn't hitting anything hard coming from Bulkytar, certainly not anything you wouldn't want to just Pursuit. You can explore it's deep movepool and find whatever move fits the best for you team, with basically every special attack / support move / rock moves for Ninetails / Volcarona it's not Crunch. I'd put Life Orb and Psyshock on Reuniclus so it can immediately KO other Virizion and Terrakion and become more of an immediate threat in general. On Scarf Terrakion I prefer Rock Slide in the 4th slot over EQ / Quick attack because they're both pretty much useless and you can reliably attack things like Gyarados and Dragonite. Lastly, I'd go for a bulkier spread on Rotom-W because it's playing more of a support role at this point.

Good job and good luck.

Hey Asterat!

I really like your team. It's well thought out and most importantly it's balanced. But a few things to add:

I agree with yee that you need Volt Switch on Rotom-W. As annoying as Volt Switch is, you get a free swap to one of your sweepers, making volt switch a great starting move. Or it can be a good last strike if your opponent is already low on HP. It all depends on the situation.

Another thing is that your Rotom-W is already running the bulky set. So you don't need to worry about it, accept for the aforementioned above. :)

The last thing I wanted to mention is that Crunch is not going to really help you on T-tar. Fire Punch will provide much better coverage when it comes to facing other starters, especially the like of Ferrothorn.

Wow. This is really similar to a team I just made (Work Up Virizion + CB Terrakion). I'll get to rating it soon. It seems pretty solid.

Well if you want to change your Terrakion to a scarfed version (that would be a good move) you should use the following moveset: CC, Stone edge, Rock slide, X-scissor. This moveset has alsmost perfect coverage. Rock slide IMO can revenge (OHKO) kill Salamence and Multiscale-broken Dragonite.

If you have problems with brelooms you should keep the Rotom-W set, if not then use the 252 hp 252 Sp.Att set. It can take hits and hit hard. And it can also cripple with WoW.You should definitely use Volt-Switch as it will give you momentum and you would be one turn ahead of your opponent. In that situation your opponent is likely going to either make a mistake or he will have to sac one Pokemon which is a + for you.

On T-tar IMO you should put Fire blast so that you can surely OHKO Skarmory after SR because if you don't ohko it can whirwind you or set up SR/Spikes which wouldn't really be good for your team.

Nice team and good luck!

WOP HAHA we apparently have a similar team revolving around Work Up Virizion. I know exactly how it works and what Pokemon it hates so I must say that you have a good team to have and it covers up Virizion's weaknesses.

So from what I have experienced, Virizion and friends have 4 huge counters. Emphasis on HUGE.

So the threats are:
Sub-DD Gyarados
Volcarona / Chandelure
Terrakion
Dragonite

So let's start off with Sub-DD Gyarados. You already covered it with Rotom-W so not much to say but, most Rain Teams are prepared for Rotom-W and other checks and counters. But then again, Virizion is unexpected. so you have that patched up.

Volcarona or the less seen Chandelure. This is a big problem to your team. I'm serious. Virizion gets walled by just about any Fire-type and Volcarona stands out among all of them. So the best thing that can counter these or at least check is Heatran. You can also complete a FGW core with Rotom-W and Virizion. Here's the set:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature
~ Lava Plume
~ Roar
~ Protect
~ Earth Power

So the set has standard EVs but I modified the moves to fit this team. First off, Roar is actually the only move you'll be using against Volcarona since it is to stop it form setting up and so that Stealth Rock damage will rack up. I don't really know which member you are willing to replace but just keep this Pokemon in mind.

Now for Terrakion. We all know the best Terrakion counter in the game right? Yep, that's right, Gliscor. Terrakion seriously walks past through many teams. This is why Gliscor is used more than Skarmory is. I'm not gonna specify any set because just about every Gliscor set can counter Terrakion and will function greatly to any teams.

Next up, Dragonite. Dragonite is 2nd most used. Now for me, it is very hard to stop when it has grabbed a boost. My best way to counter is to switch into Gliscore, force it to lock itself to Outrage(other wise it will be walled) then go to Heatran then Roar it out to rack up Stealth Rock. Then the next plan is wait for it to switch in, go to Virizion then HP Ice.

So from what I suggested, Heatran and possibly Gliscor are good Pokemon to have to counter significant threats that are literally OverUsed. GL with this team as I know just how powerful Work Up Virizion is. :)

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

This team is pretty solid. From a first look, I can see Choice Band Terrakion as a huge threat. Bar Reuniclus, nothing can come in on a Close Combat. Seeing as you already have Virizion to use Close Combat, I'd recommend a Choice Scarf Landorus. Its presence will add more glue to the VoltTurn core, as well as helping against Choice Band Terrakion. It will have the same role as Terrakion, but with a more favorable typing for your current team, and more Speed. It can also do a great scouting job, and will be doing very well in the Sandstorm, courtesy of its ability: Sand Force. It can also beat Gliscor and opposing Landorus with the Hidden Power [Ice]. It also provides more Speed to your team, since your team is pretty slow at the moment. Your current team is pretty open to Scarf users, who can decimate your team with the right moves. Landorus helps counter them pretty well. Ferrothorn is already dealt with Tyranitar, Scizor and Reuniclus, so Terrakion's role isn't too important.

Gengar could also be a problem. It loves coming in on Terrakion's Close Combat. It can also beat Reuniclus, which would leave your team open to Choice Band Terrakion. I'm sure you can play around it, though. With the addition of Landorus, the latter can revenge-kill Gengar with Stone Edge effectively. Well, that's all. Solid team, and good luck!

Choice Scarf Landorus > Terrakion
Pros: Revenge-kills with more ease, adds the Speed to your rather slow team.
Cons: Ferrothorn is a bigger problem, but it can be dealt with by Tyranitar, Scizor and Reuniclus

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice

U-Turn is for scouting, and maintaining offensive pressure. Earthquake is a strong STAB that gets a power boost in Sandstorm. Stone Edge also gets boosted by Sand, and hits decently well and provides good coverage. Hidden Power Ice lets you beat Gliscor, who would wall Landbro otherwise.

Hey nice team, I really like it. Im not really a good team rater but i'll give it my best shot. Looking at your team I see its rather weak to DD dragonite. To remedy this I think you should change your Banded terrakion to Choice scarf Terrakion or change your rotom to Choice scarf Rotom with Hidden Power Ice. I think that banded terrakion is nice to hit extremely hard, but in this case I think it makes you even weaker to Dragonite. Plus, Choice scarf terrakion adds a nice volcarona check @+1. Here are the sets:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

I hope I somewhat helped :)

Hey

Brilliant team dude. I really like the use of sand offense which seems to be a pretty popular play-style in the current meta game. At the moment, I think your biggest threat is easily Bulk Up Toxicroak. Under rain this monster doesn't fears anything your team has to put up and continues to Bulk Up. In this situation your one and only option will be to hit will-o-wisp if it lacks substitute; but most of Toxicroaks do pack substitute so dealing with it could be problematic. Tyranitar, Scizor, Virizion, Terrakion, and Rotom-W all take massive damage from potential Drain Punch where Reuniclus is OHKOd by Sucker Punch after a couple of boosts. To fix this situation, I would highly recommend replacing Reuniclus for Acrobat Gliscor. This set passes up the use of Gliscor's fantastic ability to wall a variety of dangerous threats, and instead acts as an excellent lure to many of its usual switch-ins. This set abuses Sand Veil to the fullest as it utilizes key resistances to it's advantage. It packs maximum offensive potential which seems to match your team's style. Substitute completes this set as it blocks various statuses and gives Gliscor the much needed opportunity to set up. Acrobatics is extremely powerful which essentially makes him act like a wall breaker mon, providing stab paired with Flying Gem. Earthquake accommodates excellent coverage in conjunction with Acrobatics hitting the likes of rock, steel, and ground-type mons hard. This change eliminates your weakness to fighting-type mons like Lucario, Toxicroak, Conkeldurr, Breloom and Terrakion. Missing a perfect stall breaking mon wouldn't be that huge of a deal since Gliscor has the capability to serve the same role and shouldn't be under-estimated. It also gives your team electric-type move immunity which comes in handy while facing rain teams. Another negative factor about Reuniclus is it needs entry hazards support to do work where Gliscor acts as One Man Army and clears path by itself and for your other sweepers. Here are some calcs that demonstrates Gliscor's Acrobatics @ Flying Gem's sheer power:

vs. 112/0 Rotom-W 83.64% - 98.14%
vs. 4/0 Rotom-W 92.98% - 109.09%
vs. 252/252+ Slowbro 81.73% - 96.19%
vs. 252/252+ Milotic 101.27% - 119.04%
vs. 252/184+ Porygon2 69.79% - 82.09%
vs. 252/184+ Gliscor 86.72% - 102.54%
Gliscor @ Flying Gem | Sand Veil
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance
~ Acrobatics
~ Earthquake

For some minor changes I would greatly suggest running Thunder Wave on Rotom-W and Tyranitar over Will-o-Wisp and Superpower. Thunder Wave or Jirachi are a must to consider options to spread paralysis while running Acrobat Gliscor as it abuses sand veil insanely. It essentially cripples numerous switch-ins which definitely comes in handy for late-game sweeping. It also helps your Virizion, Scizor and Terrakion sweep as Twave makes it harder for your opponent to break through. Will-o-Wisp won't be missed as Thunder Wave significantly increases your offensive momentum as of Tyranitar, losing Superpower is not a big deal after all half of your team packs a fighting-type move. Overall solid team, Good Luck!

If you have trouble getting outsped, go for Scarf Terrakion. However, CB Terrakion's power is just amazing, so if you don't have these problems, just stick to it.

Your team lacks a consistent and strong fast thing; for that I'd say that you should opt for Scarf Terrakion over the banded one. Otherwise, some threats would damage your team too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)