3v3 ~ Wifi ~ SunSunSun

Hello, Im Zbrown and I play triple matches in sun on wifi. I seek your advice. Many thanks.

Currently 171 Wins -28 losses
(Much more wins should be credited but bloody disconnecters!)

Main Features

Latios dragonpulse can hit any pokemon regardless of his positioning
Lilligant on Chlorophyll using sleep powder
Mesprit counters trick room
Infernape with fakeout
Ninetales to be placed in center for heatwaves.

Drought + Timid + FireGem
252Spd 252SpA 6HP
HeatWave (hits all opposing team)
Protect
HiddenPower [Fighting]
Power Swap

Majority of the time I place ninetales in the starting center and with Heatwave providing STAB, +50% sunlight bonus and +50% Fire Gem gives ninetales outstanding power. HiddenPower Fighting is to help against the TTar and Terrakion who are often used in 3v3s. Protect is to keep this bad mofo alive and Power swap is there to annoy teams that could cause problems by ruining their main sweeper.

Levitate + Timid + Scope Lens
252 SpA 252 Spd 6Hp
Imprison
Trick Room
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

My counter for the abundance of trick roomers out there, and they never see it coming! Rarely will my opposition use their fake out on mesprit or even focus fire him allowing me to stop their trick room on the first turn and smash their pokemon who sets it up. Thunderbolt and Ice beam are there to counter dragons and flying legends with a extra chance to critical using scope lens. I found mesprit works well with ninetales and lilligant. Toxic could be an addition to mesprit but in 3v3 is rarely pays off. Mesprit is also used against earthquake teams in combination with latios and infernape/lilligant.

Chlorophyll + Modest + Focus Sash
252Spd 252SpA 6HP
Leaf Storm
Healing Wish
HiddenPower [Rock]
Sleeping Powder

Sleeping powder is so overpowered in 3v3s because theres only a few rounds, I use it on their main sweeping threat. Leafstorm to OHKO weathers like Politoed and Tyranitar. HiddenPower rock helps with the legendary flying pokemon. Healing wish brings Latios back from the brink of death when I am forced to switch latios out. I chose focus sash because Lilligant is a big target to my opposition and they always try to finish her first and entry hazards are rare in 3v3.

Blaze + Jolly + Fighting Gem
252Atk 252Spd 6HP
Close Combat
Protect
FlareBlitz
Fakeout

Fakeout is so important on 3v3 teams, especially with infernape since he can run a fake out preventing an opponant from using it on my team, specifically lilligant trying to use sleep powder. Theres a great deal of meinshoo users on 3v3 and infernape smashes meinfoo. I did have U-turn but opted for protect instead because I found u-turn is more suited for 1v1s with the constant switching. Close Combat + Fighting gem is a mean combination to smash any threats.

Levitate + Timid + LifeOrb
252SpA 252Spd 6HP
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power [Fire]
Protect
Tailwind

My main sweeper, I will dragon pulse anything that could cause me problems which normally is another dragon pokemon since I dont have great coverage against them being a sun team. Tailwind is a great move in 3v3s and should not be under estimated, its given me the upper hand on multiple occasions and is worth taking a hit on the first round to get it running. I chose Protect instead of psyshock because I have not needed to use psychic moves and latios is always a main target so protect can really screw the other team up when they focus fire him. Latios is also used against earthquake teams in combination with mesprit and infernape/lilligant.

Intimidate + Adamant + Expert Belt
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 Hp
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Wild Charge
Extreme Speed

Hes my ace in the hole. I use Arcanine for extra coverage, its good stats and revenge kill capability. Hes probably got the most kills on my team because he mops up the opposition after a few rounds have passed. Wild charge is for the flying pokemon, Extreme speed to get rid of anything that is lingering around that wont die like healers.

My team is pretty straight forward, I dont mess about with entry hazards because in 3v3s they are useless. Im not a fan of helping hand set ups because they can be outplayed with fakeouts and protects.

Hey, looks like you have a nice Sun team on your hands! (it looks like it'll also work in VGC btw! :D) Anyway, since you have Power Swap on you Ninetails, I would recommend Overheat over HP Fighting. This could lead to some nice trolly antics like lowering their SpAtk stat. I would go Life Orb on mesprit for more power. you could also replace it with cress, who could support your team even more, although it would mean you'll have 2 psychic types... Go naive / hasty on ape and give it overheat, with a mixed spread like 140 Atk / 116 SpAtk / 252 Speed (i dont think this KOs anything specific, just threw some numbers around) on latios you're wasting EVs. 248 Speed & SpAttack give the same number (accounting for HP Fire) and give you 8 more EVs to disperse. you might want to try Choice Band on RK9 if you're running 4 attacking moves. Also consider Scarf / Life Orb darmanitan for another nice sun sweeper

Hey, looks like you have a nice Sun team on your hands! (it looks like it'll also work in VGC btw! :D) Anyway, since you have Power Swap on you Ninetails, I would recommend Overheat over HP Fighting. This could lead to some nice trolly antics like lowering their SpAtk stat. I would go Life Orb on mesprit for more power. you could also replace it with cress, who could support your team even more, although it would mean you'll have 2 psychic types... Go naive / hasty on ape and give it overheat, with a mixed spread like 140 Atk / 116 SpAtk / 252 Speed (i dont think this KOs anything specific, just threw some numbers around) on latios you're wasting EVs. 248 Speed & SpAttack give the same number (accounting for HP Fire) and give you 8 more EVs to disperse. you might want to try Choice Band on RK9 if you're running 4 attacking moves. Also consider Scarf / Life Orb darmanitan for another nice sun sweeper
Hey thanks for your comments. Im going to sort out Latios ev spread tonight and having mesprit with life orb is good but I cant have the same item used twice in my team as per wifi entry rules. So Im gona have to keep it on latios.

Ive used cresselia before in 3v3s and she is hella good at supporting with 3v3s with helping hand and moonlight sun but thats all cresselia is good for, it cant do serious damage to opponents and I found myself constantly being left with cresselia and having 1-3 pokemon left to kill. Where as with an attacking capability pokemon like mesprit, he adds to my damage output per turn. Also trick room really cripples my team so I had to go with mesprit again to counter that.

Thanks for the comments tylee61 :) appreciated.

Re: Mesprit - I know Imprison is for TR, but is it really the best to imprison Ice Beam? You've only got 2 guys weak to ice beam, and both should outspeed whatever is aiming an icebeam against them. Your plant should take out whatever water guy is aiming ice beam against you, while your dragon can protect if it's expected.

Re: Mesprit - I know Imprison is for TR, but is it really the best to imprison Ice Beam? You've only got 2 guys weak to ice beam, and both should outspeed whatever is aiming an icebeam against them. Your plant should take out whatever water guy is aiming ice beam against you, while your dragon can protect if it's expected.
when picking Ice beam and thunderbolt i was not thinking of imprisoning those moves, only trick room. Ice beam and thunderbolt are completely for attacking purposes because my team needs more coverage against flying and dragon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)