4th gen 1st UU Team!

So, this is my UU team. This is my first UU team, and I'm dabbling in it to see if I'm any good. Without further ado, here is my team:

The Lead:
Ambipom @ Life Orb
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Technician
Moves:
Fake Out
Taunt
Low Kick
U-Turn

My lead. Life Orb is so that my Fake Out, Low Kick, and U-Turn have that little extra oomph in case i need to come back and revenge kill later on in the game. Adamant is because Jolly would only outspeed base 100's, which there are not too many of in UU. Technician is for obvious reasons over Pickup. Fake Out is a staple, and Taunt stops the opponent from setting up Stealth Rock early on, which would destroy my sweepers. Low Kick is to hit the Regi's and Cloyster. U-Turn is so I can do something to Ghost types, and so I could leave and still do damage.

The Field-Clearers:
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Rash 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Poison Point
Moves:
Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Superpower

A wall-breaker. "UU seems to have a lot of walls," I noticed as I was scrolling down the UU list. "If I'm going to have sweepers, I need certain walls like Steelix and Slowbro gone." That's what this Nidoking is designed to do. Life Orb allows me to smash through the walls. The EV's allow him to effectively break walls. Earth Power is for STAB and hits Steelix for super-effective damage. Thunderbolt hits the ubiquitous Water type walls. Ice beam pairs up with Thunderbolt to hit with the BoltBeam combo. Two of the three UU pokemon resistant to this are smashed by Earth Power. Superpower beats Chansey, which is always a good thing to be able to do.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Intimidate
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Foresight
Close Combat
Sucker Punch

It's really a shame that pokemon can set up SR while not being the lead. Since my sweepers are very weak to SR, what better pokemon to remove it than a pokemon who doesn't care (in fact even kind of enjoys it) when Spiritomb comes in to ruin his fun? Foresight lets Hitmontop breeze by those Ghost types who think they can block his Rapid Spin. Leftovers, the EV's and Intimidate allow Hitmontop to come in and remove SR often and easily. If Spiritomb does come in, I could either spin away the rocks or kill him outright. Sucker Punch and Intimidate let Hitmontop be a somewhat decent revenge killer.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Marvel Scale
Moves:
Surf
Hidden Power [Grass]
Recover
Ice Beam

This is my wall. I need him for a key Water resist. Lefties keep him alive more. The EV's allow him to wall effectively. Surf is for STAB, and the other two offensive moves are for coverage. HP Grass really comes in handy when 1/3 of your team is weak to Water. Recover is very helpful on a wall and helps it keep him alive. This is my defensive glue for my team. He works on this team because both his weaknesses are covered very well.

The Sweepers:
Charizard @ Salac Berry
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Blaze
Moves:
Belly Drum
Substitute
Fire Punch
Earthquake

My first sweeper who hates SR. The moveset is the generic BellyZard. Belly Drum and Substitute get me into Salac range with a 30 HP IV. With the Salac Berry, his Speed goes up to about 450, tying with scarfed 100's and beating anything lower. Fire Punch is for double STAB with Blaze and EQ is fairly good coverage for just 2 moves. A +6 double STAB Fire Punch packs quite a wallop and will OHKO most things that don't resist it or have quite a hefty amount of Defense.

Scyther @ Life Orb
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Technician
Moves:
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Quick Attack

Once my Charizard sweep fails, it's nice to have another sweeper to fall back on. These two have similar counters, so when Charizard dies, he at least dented his counters quite well. That leaves a nice space open for Scyther to set up a Swords Dance and sweep for the win. (It also doesn't matter which order I attempt to sweep in, because they have similar counters and only need one free turn to set up in) Swords Dance is there to boost his Attack enough to pull off a sweep without too big of a hitch. Aerial Ace is for neutral STAB, and Brick Break compliments the coverage by hitting Steels and Rocks. Quick Attack would be pretty pathetic without Technician, but it gets a boost, and is used so quicker frail pokemon can't revenge kill so easily.

There it is, my UU team. Comment, rate, help me out, just don't laugh at me for my team-building skills. Remember, this is only my first attempt at a dabble, so this team might be a tad screwy.

Please bear in mind that this is my first time rating a team.

The main problem lies with your sweepers. Both have 4x weakness to SR - this is bad for any pokémon, no matter the role. in general i would advise against using any such pokémon unless it's a lead, but if you really want to keep your team as intact as possible, keep one of them (Scyther prefferably).
Instead of Charizard (or Scyther, it's your choice), get a special or mixed sweeper. Espeon is decent enough but a designated special sweeper is more efficient, once set up.
My idea would be to remove both Charizard and Espeon and bring in Exeggutor. Support Exeguttor with Sunny Day and you've got one hell of a Special Sweeper going on. (Check the smogon article on Exeguttor, especially the setup called "All-out attacker")

I hope this helps, if you want more feedback, let me know (:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/../dp/pokemon/exeggutor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)