5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fossil Pokemon use gift, which is its own PID method. And in BW1, there is one WNPC, while BW2 don't have any.

For the starting IV of fossils, it's 8, which means I can't have a min/max frame of 1, right? Or is this not neccessary?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the starting IV of fossils, it's 8, which means I can't have a min/max frame of 1, right? Or is this not neccessary?
What? Everything except eggs, the Larvesta gift egg on BW1 and Entralink is always IV frame 1.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I meant do I need to advance the IV frame for fossils? (That was awkwardly worded)
What? Everything except eggs, the Larvesta gift egg on BW1 and Entralink is always IV frame 1.
Based on his post, you would not have to advance the IVRNG at all. Simply save in front of the NPC that you hand over the fossil to, and advance the PIDRNG to reach your desired PID. Remember, Synchronize and Cute Charm will not help as you are not encountering it in battle.

There appears to be a problem with RNGR 9.96.5. When I first downloaded it and went to the Time Finder, it didn't detect any profiles and requested that one be made. Understandable. As soon as I found my parameters for B2, I attempted to close the RNG Profiles window, only to be greeted with this:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. if you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at RNGReporter.Objects.Profiles.SaveProfiles(String fileName)
at RNGReporter.ProfileManager.ProfilesProfileManager_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

To add insult to injury, IT CAN NEVER REMEMBER THE PROFILE I MADE AFTER CLOSING THE PROGRAM. I saved the exact info given to me when I received the info from the Parameter search, re-entered it, but to no avail. The same shit.

Any ideas as to why this is?

I cannot calibrate for Dream Radar pokemon because RNG Reporter won't regocnize any of the patterns I was finding. Pretty sure I was doing things right. Kinda disappointed as I don't have a Mac and can't run PPRNG which can do this. =(

Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
(00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
Version: Black English
TID: 04793
SID: 04671
Timer0: C7B-C7C
Vcount: 60-60
Vframe: 6-6

First of all, one of the Timer0 should be more common than the other one, at least one is when you use an external timer with milisecond display.
Secondly, you should use an external timer with milisecond display to get more accurate result.

When your target frame is 43, you should aim for 42 for the delivery man.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sure. Here's one.

As the guide suggested, I'm using Kyurem as the Pokemon for this.
You're starting the game on your 3DS at exactly 8 seconds? I doubt it; it takes about 10-15 seconds just to get out of the System Settings on a 3DS.

Edit: or, do you set the time at 11:20 and wait a whole minute before starting the game at 11:21.08?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Seconds represents the time you started the game from the (3)DS menu. Put the exact time you started the game in the Parameters search window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)