5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Okay, I just did but I got no results. :(
You can get more results if you set keypresses in your profile. In the Time Finder, click the Edit button in the top-right corner, go to Keypresses, and check the boxes to allow for 0, 1, 2, and 3 keypresses. Then, repeat the search. It will take much longer, as there are many more available seeds to search. If you still get no results, change the year, then repeat. Good luck. ^_^

ok guys i gave up on rnging the grotto but I spent a lot of time and managed to get lucky and got the bagon to spawn the hard way. Thanks for the immediate advice though.

I derped and posted in the wrong thread :V But:

I successfully managed to Calibrate in my White and achieving a nice Adamant Victini. However when I do all the same things to calibrate for Black 2 I get no results. Been capturing with sweet scent a lot now and still no results ._. Doesnt the calibration process work the same in BW2?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
BW2 have different sets of Timer0s & other parameters lol.
Though GxStat & VFrame are the same IIRC.

You have to calibrate for B2 & W2.

So you're telling me just to continue calibrate until results show up?

BTW I have selected Black 2 and even Tried White 2 and no results.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Calibration is for you to know what your parameters are, especially the ever-changing Timer0 (at least 6 in BW2, but only 2 in BW1).
Once you know the parameters, save them in profiles, then RNG like mad.
BTW, you're trying to do wild mon abuse in BW2?

Im trying to calibrate my stuff so I can rng for a wondercard mon that's been lying around for awhile. But when I calibrate it with sweet scent, I get no results like Ive said. Nothing comes up no matter what seconds I put up after the time I start Black 2.

That happened to me when I tried to calibrate without a cronometer, of course EonTimer is greatly recommended. In my case whenever I was off by a few seconds (more or less 5 seconds) the reporter din't gave me back any result.

If you are indeed using the EonTimer, may check for the others parameters (game lenguage, DS type, ect) any of them can threw off your results if they are wrong.

And lastly if you already covered all the above, post your spec. With your spec we can search for yours parameters for you or even better post a pic of the reporter window :)

I have a ton of entrelink pokemon that need to be RNGed -but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've been told that in BW1 entrelink abuse used a delay-based system like in 4th gen and that it's no longer needed in BW2 entrelink abuse. However the RNG reporter still asks for a delay. So do I need to calibrate for this or can I just put any random number for the search? Thanks.

Are you using B/W2?

If so DON'T choose IV (c-gear) because in those game ALL of the seeds are searched in the IV (standard) option.

And about the tips, look on the OP there is all the info you need to start. If you don't get something just ask away :)

Are you using B/W2?

If so DON'T choose IV (c-gear) because in those game ALL of the seeds are searched in the IV (standard) option.

And about the tips, look on the OP there is all the info you need to start. If you don't get something just ask away :)
I plan on RNGing them with my retail Black 2 version. So what method should I choose if it's not C-Gear?

Ok the basic premise here is: C-Gears seed no longer exist.

Now on the timefinder in the box that ask for a search method, select: IV's (Standard Seed) from the dropdown box. If you already read the OP you know that you should start with a min frame of 26+ (when you active the c-gear this is the starting frame). And be sure to have only one pokemon at the time in the first screen of entree forest since the pokemons there act like a WNPC (advancing your PID frames).

And as always a synchronizer make your life easier (although I heard that the ability do not active on entree forest, need confirmation on this)

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Now on the timefinder in the box that ask for a search method, select: IV's (Standard Seed) from the dropdown box. If you already read the OP you know that you should start with a min frame of 26+ (when you active the c-gear this is the starting frame). And be sure to have only one pokemon at the time in the first screen of entree forest since the pokemons there act like a WNPC (advancing your PID frames).

And as always a synchronizer make your life easier (although I heard that the ability do not active on entree forest, need confirmation on this)
Minimum IV frame for Entralink Pokemon in BW2 is 25. Synchronize does not work in Entree Forest, so it's a waste to bring it.

The PPRNG guide has a section for Entralink that could prove to be useful.

Only one pokemon?! I have one clearing that's full of DWF pokemon and another clearing which has like 5 pokemon in it!

Minimum IV frame for Entralink Pokemon in BW2 is 25. Synchronize does not work in Entree Forest, so it's a waste to bring it.
The PPRNG guide has a section for Entralink that could prove to be useful.
The current guide is mostly for BW1 and is outdated, which is why I asked here instead.

So is the min IV-frame 25 or 26? and what's the max?

Last edited:

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Only one pokemon?! I have one clearing that's full of DWF pokemon and another clearing which has like 5 pokemon in it!

The current guide is mostly for BW1 and is outdated, which is why I asked here instead.

So is the min IV-frame 25 or 26? and what's the max?
Like I said, the PPRNG guide has Entralink up to date. You may have to adapt a bit to it, but both programs are similar enough to figure out what you need to do in RNG Reporter. Minimum IV is 25. Maximum IV is whatever you want, but really, you shouldn't have any problem getting a desirable spread on IV frame 25.

It's really for your own convenience to have only one Pokemon in the first clearing, but not necessary.

Like I said, the PPRNG guide has Entralink up to date. You may have to adapt a bit to it, but both programs are similar enough to figure out what you need to do in RNG Reporter. Minimum IV is 25. Maximum IV is whatever you want, but really, you shouldn't have any problem getting a desirable spread on IV frame 25.

It's really for your own convenience to have only one Pokemon in the first clearing, but not necessary.
Oh I thought you were talking about the RNG reporter. It's good to know that it's possible to find a good spread on frame 25 cos I really didn't feel like having to mess around with counting steps and the damn WNPC's. Thanks a bunch guys.

could someone tell me the nazo of english black and white ?
I signed up for this....really appreciate it.
and another question,i can't open the latest rng reporter,i tried a lot,including 9.96.5,9.95,9.81.I double clicked but no response at all.what‘s the problem?Only the version 9.75 can work on my PC. Win 7 64.

Last edited:
Hi
I wanted to rng a thundurus from the dream radar. As a test I used a driftloon on the 2nd slot instead. After several hours I realized the UnovaLink-tool from the RNGReporter still doesn't work for me. So I used the trial&error method to determine the right arrow positions. After I hit my timer0 I got the wrong IVs, but the adjacent seed tool say I hit my seed. I tried to find the seed for thundurus by myself, because a friend searched it for me with PPRNG. But the RNGReporter didn't find it.
Seed from PPRNG: DA267EC7061B0AF0
Time: 3:49:41
Date: 02/25/13

Seed from RNGReporter: 47BB4C0F849600B

3DSXL
White 2 German
Without Memory Link
Mac-Adress: 182A7B70D785
VCount: AB
Timer0: 1636
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8

Could it be that the 3DSXL or the latest 3DS firmware changes something?

Edit: Another odd thing was that the pid frame was one frame off. For example I should have frame 67 but the driftloon was on frame 66, although both pokemon on slot 1 and 2 were gendered.

Last edited:

Eyedol

Hi
I wanted to rng a thundurus from the dream radar. As a test I used a driftloon on the 2nd slot instead. After several hours I realized the UnovaLink-tool from the RNGReporter still doesn't work for me. So I used the trial&error method to determine the right arrow positions. After I hit my timer0 I got the wrong IVs, but the adjacent seed tool say I hit my seed. I tried to find the seed for thundurus by myself, because a friend searched it for me with PPRNG. But the RNGReporter didn't find it.
Seed from PPRNG: DA267EC7061B0AF0

Seed from RNGReporter: 47BB4C0F849600B

3DSXL
White 2 German
Without Memory Link
Mac-Adress: 182A7B70D785
VCount: AB
Timer0: 1636
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8

Could it be that the 3DSXL or the latest 3DS firmware changes something?

Edit: Another odd thing was that the pid frame was one frame off. For example I should have frame 67 but the driftloon was on frame 66, although both pokemon on slot 1 and 2 were gendered.
PPRNG counts a diagonal D-pad button press as one button, when it's actually two. If the keypresses for the seed found in PPRNG requires two buttons and a diagonal D-pad button press, RNG Reporter won't find it.

PPRNG counts a diagonal D-pad button press as one button, when it's actually two. If the keypresses for the seed found in PPRNG requires two buttons and a diagonal D-pad button press, RNG Reporter won't find it.
For the seed I shouldn't press any buttons.

In the meantime I tried an another seed and got the right IVs but not the right nature. The offset was both for driftloon and thundurus 1 less than they should.

Eyedol

For the seed I shouldn't press any buttons.

In the meantime I tried an another seed and got the right IVs but not the right nature. The offset was both for driftloon and thundurus 1 less than they should.
If it's one less again, try using seeds where the offset is one less.

PPRNG and RNG Reporter shouldn't yield different seeds using the same data. Are you sure the seed from PPRNG had no keypresses required?

So I've been trying to RNG a Tornadus in Black but I am having trouble hitting my shiny frame (707), no matter how many frame advancements I add or subtract before leaving the house. Is it possible for some frames to be unhittable and skipped during the rain sequence?
Whether is known to advance the frames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)