5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I do not use eon timer, i simply use a world clock website and select ok on my 3ds the second the minute changes to sync.

I am having virtually no luck, and i understand stationaries are the easiest to rng but i cant seem to grasp it. Today i am trying again, and to find my parameters i have saved in front of Cobalion, with 5 Pokemon in my party, lead by a synchronizer. I have synced to a clock, selected a time and captured him 5 times. I am only changing the time with every capture. The first timer0 was 1675, then 1678, 1672, 1675, 1675. I used 1675 to enter into a profile and generated results spanning the entire year, i got two results and am attempting to hit one of the seeds but am unsuccessful. I am unsure if its just my timing that is off, or if im doing something fundamentally incorrect. I will keep trying..
Anyways, your advice and time is appreciated :) ill figure it out eventually, lol.
I downloaded eon timer, but i dont understand how to use it and the only tutorials i can find are for the DS/DSi

Last edited:
I do not use eon timer, i simply use a world clock website and select ok on my 3ds the second the minute changes to sync.

I am having virtually no luck, and i understand stationaries are the easiest to rng but i cant seem to grasp it. Today i am trying again, and to find my parameters i have saved in front of Cobalion, with 5 Pokemon in my party, lead by a synchronizer. I have synced to a clock, selected a time and captured him 5 times. I am only changing the time with every capture. The first timer0 was 1675, then 1678, 1672, 1675, 1675. I used 1675 to enter into a profile and generated results spanning the entire year, i got two results and am attempting to hit one of the seeds but am unsuccessful. I am unsure if its just my timing that is off, or if im doing something fundamentally incorrect. I will keep trying..
Anyways, your advice and time is appreciated :) ill figure it out eventually, lol.
I downloaded eon timer, but i dont understand how to use it and the only tutorials i can find are for the DS/DSi
I have never RNGd on a 3ds, only on a DS lite which is the easiest imo.
At least you found your timer0 now :) just try and eventually you will get it :) set up a profile with that timer0 ;) and then try again :)

I have a ds lite, so i may try that. Im having no luck on 3ds. If i do use the ds lite, do i just change my parameters and get a new timer0?
And when using eon timer, do i put tge target seconds in then change my time while pressing start on the timer simultaneously? Then at the last beep start the game? This is the way i saw on bearsfan092's video

I have a ds lite, so i may try that. Im having no luck on 3ds. If i do use the ds lite, do i just change my parameters and get a new timer0?
Just do what you have been doing to calibrate for your 3ds but set the ds type as to lite and make sure you put in the right mac address

Wow. Youre right. The ds lite is easier. I hit a perfect jolly Cobalion but caught with a master ball.. so im trying again, but just seeing proof is so relieving, ive been trying this for weeks.
Also if my seed is for 14:24:23 i should start at 22 sec if using ds lite because there is 1 sec delay right?

Last edited:
Wow. Youre right. The ds lite is easier. I hit a perfect jolly Cobalion but caught with a master ball.. so im trying again, but just seeing proof is so relieving, ive been trying this for weeks.
Also if my seed is for 14:24:23 i should start at 22 sec if using ds lite because there is 1 sec delay right?
That is correct ;)
And congratz on making it work ;)

thank you very much and thank you for your help. I have another question i was hoping you could answer, now that i know this seed works, can i use it to capture Virizion and other stationary legendaries?
I am managing to hit the perfect seed with Virizion, but it is always Calm even with sync lead.. is there any reason for this?

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Synchronize doesn't always work. Any frame with a bolded nature will work with synch, any that isn't bolded won't.

thank you very much and thank you for your help. I have another question i was hoping you could answer, now that i know this seed works, can i use it to capture Virizion and other stationary legendaries?
I am managing to hit the perfect seed with Virizion, but it is always Calm even with sync lead.. is there any reason for this?
That is why you need to save the game like 2-3 times before capturing it, so that maybe you land on a frame where sync works :)
Or you see in RNG reporter what frame you landed on with the calm one, and you see what frame works with a sync, like Agonist explained.
Then you can advance the frame :)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I'm trying to calibrate through the unova link on RNG reporter but it is not showing up any results and also this:

What could be the problem here?

So I'm trying to calibrate through the unova link on RNG reporter but it is not showing up any results and also this:

I have no clue about the glitchy buttons, but I know that unova link doesn't seem to work properly in RNGreporter.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have no clue about the glitchy buttons, but I know that unova link doesn't seem to work properly in RNGreporter.
Well that's dissappointing ._. So I'll just stick to the capture method. Btw is it possible to calibrate using a wondercard pokemon?

I also tried RNG reporter for Dream Radar and calibration, but it wouldn't work for me. PPRNG is amazing though! It displays the buttons perfectly and is awesome!
It only works on Mac or IOS. Since I didn't have a MAC computer, I downloaded PPRNG with my iPhone and used that xD
Try and see if you have better luck with that :)

So its been a few days and i have successfully RNG'd every legendary available in w2, except Latias. Because he isnt exactly stationary im not sure how to approach it. Ive only rng'd stationaries.. should i save before taking the step to encounter and simpl use tge seed and same approach to catching stationaries?

Edit - sorry i suppose i spoke too soon, i saved before the step and hit my seed so everything worked out.. i must have read some misinformation, because i assumed he was roaming.. sorry for the pointless post.

Last edited:
So its been a few days and i have successfully RNG'd every legendary available in w2, except Latias. Because he isnt exactly stationary im not sure how to approach it. Ive only rng'd stationaries.. should i save before taking the step to encounter and simpl use tge seed and same approach to catching stationaries?

Thank you.
Yeah save before taking the step to encounter it but just remember there is a WNPC.

So I am trying to RNG on my w2 and just unable to find the right timer0. I often hit like 1633 or 1635 but when I use those i don't hit the right seed and just repeatly get the wrong Heatran (the pokemon I try to catch). Also, I often get twice the same one in a row. Once I got one with the right IV's but with wrong nature so i tried again and did not get a good one. What can I do to find out what the real timer0 is? Would it work better to just try it on a DSi than on the 3DS?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
DSi has less timer0's iirc, but if you have a DS lite, that would be the best. If you get the right IVs, but not the right nature, then you need to advance the PIDRNG to get the right nature.

Ok now I have a new problem. I used the IV-check-method to see my parameters and I never got the same timer0 twice in a row so I decided to try the Unova-Link but the RNG-Reporter just doesn't find any results. What am I doing wrong?

Ok now I have a new problem. I used the IV-check-method to see my parameters and I never got the same timer0 twice in a row so I decided to try the Unova-Link but the RNG-Reporter just doesn't find any results. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have access to PPRNG?
What ranges are your timer0s?
You start the game up at the same time everytime right? Like, you know what exact second you start up your game?
What console are you using?

PPRNG is the apple version right? I don't have acces to that. The timer0 were somewhere between 1630 and 1637. I always started at 16:45:20 and I am using a DSi XL.

PPRNG is the apple version right? I don't have acces to that. The timer0 were somewhere between 1630 and 1637. I always started at 16:45:20 and I am using a DSi XL.
I have never RNGd using a DSi, only my DS lite, but timer0 really are quite idiotic in BW2.. My ranges are also varied by 6 timer0s.. It's just a matter of finding the one you hit most of them and have that as your timer0 in which you search for seeds with :)
But unova link won't give you any results? You sure you wrote down the right spinner sequences? It can move really fast :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)