5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

-The process is the same as before.
-You can still use it, although iirc the frames are 1 too small in Pandora's Box

The column said true when I rng'd my starter, but I wanted it shiny. I do know know if it still has to say true in general for it to work, but I don't think so. Could you post a screenshot again of the Pandora's box? What is probably happening is that you are just hitting a different Timer0.
The True/False is for starter shininess (figured that one out the hard way, lol). I figured it was likely a Timer0 issue but iirc the Seed Finder was supposed to find adjacent Timer0s and it hasn't shown me any results:/

Screenshot:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
The True/False is for starter shininess (figured that one out the hard way, lol). I figured it was likely a Timer0 issue but iirc the Seed Finder was supposed to find adjacent Timer0s and it hasn't shown me any results:/

Screenshot:
Thanks! You hit the wrong Timer0 (1675). You aren't finding anything because the Pandora's box only searches the min Timer0 set in your profile (there's a note under your ds info). If you change your profile to 1675-1675 then hit "Find Seed Hit," you'll see what I mean. :)

edit: and thanks for the confirmation lol

Thanks! You hit the wrong Timer0 (1675). You aren't finding anything because the Pandora's box only searches the min Timer0 set in your profile (there's a note under your ds info). If you change your profile to 1675-1675 then hit "Find Seed Hit," you'll see what I mean. :)

edit: and thanks for the confirmation lol
Ahh. Good to know. Thank you based shiny finder :)

Edit: shiny finder, how many tries did it take you to successfully hit your seed in W2? I'm at 100+ tries and have only hit the same seeds a small handful of times (<5 times total). In fact, most of the seeds I'm searching I haven't even been able to find, even with a range of 10+ Timer0s (and a shifted VCount). So either I'm doing something horribly wrong and often or my Timer0s and VCounts are major cunts (which, after some recalibration, seems highly likely).

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into the method of BW2 rng breeding outlined in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-42#post-4975779?
I have tried working on this, but there are two problems:
  1. I can't speak Japanese, so I can't read all of the options
  2. When I did manage to get the seed, I did Chatot calls- over 20- and they all matched. Even then, when I went through the instructions, it still didn't get the right pokemon.
I am playing in white 2, and trying to breed a bagon with hydro pump and dragon pulse
Here is a video detailing the method (It is in Japanese):

(I have copied this from the "Most Gen PRNG")

How would I go about using a seed that has a keypress of down? Would I press and hold the down button at the Warning - Health and Safety screen?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How would I go about using a seed that has a keypress of down? Would I press and hold the down button at the Warning - Health and Safety screen?
Just after you press [A] to launch the game from the home menu—but not before—begin to hold down. People have different superstitions on how long to keep it held down for, however I just release as soon as the Pokémon logo appears on screen (other people will say to hold it down all the way until the shooting star).

Note: The amount of time you have to begin pressing it is basically the same as your calibrated seconds, as the game will seed itself after that interval (and so depends on your chosen system).

Just after you press [A] to launch the game from the home menu—but not before—begin to hold down. People have different superstitions on how long to keep it held down for, however I just release as soon as the Pokémon logo appears on screen (other people will say to hold it down all the way until the shooting star).

Note: The amount of time you have to begin pressing it is basically the same as your calibrated seconds, as the game will seed itself after that interval (and so depends on your chosen system).
Thank you very much!

Ok... now I am trying to use syokiseedsearch to create a seed, but it is not working... attached is the text file which should show the seed and time info (albeit in Japanese). How do I get the method to work?
In addition, in bwseedlist, the pattern list isn't displaying correctly. It only shows 1, 2 and 3 as the numbers.

Attachments

Last edited:
Not sure whether this is a bug or whether I'm doing something wrong here (probably the latter);

I'm searching through a list of IDs that I've been getting to identify the Timer0 and VCount I'm getting but I've come across one that, according to the Seed Finder, landed exactly on the VCount and Timer0 I was attempting to hit, and the Initial Frame (and actual frame as my seed required no advances) is shown as nine frames higher. (37 vs. 28)
I re-generate my seed in the ID Finder and that still outputted an initial (and actual) frame of 28.
I assume the "Calculate Min Frame" checkbox has something to do with this; what am I doing wrong?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Not sure whether this is a bug or whether I'm doing something wrong here (probably the latter);

I'm searching through a list of IDs that I've been getting to identify the Timer0 and VCount I'm getting but I've come across one that, according to the Seed Finder, landed exactly on the VCount and Timer0 I was attempting to hit, and the Initial Frame (and actual frame as my seed required no advances) is shown as nine frames higher. (37 vs. 28)
I re-generate my seed in the ID Finder and that still outputted an initial (and actual) frame of 28.
I assume the "Calculate Min Frame" checkbox has something to do with this; what am I doing wrong?
tbh I'm not even sure what that checkbox is for lol. Iirc there's a shifted-starting frame for ID's so you'll probably have to pick another seed. Seems like everyone recommends that you search for frames 30-40. I would pick one that requires a few advances. The SSF varies with the seed, so it's kinda trial and error.

Just saw your edit. It's possible that your ds is just a huge troll, or that you aren't using your most common parameters. It's based on your timing, and some people find it helpful to use an external timer to help maintain their timing. Maybe you could try that? Like everyone though, I get trolled a lot too. 5 out of 100 is nowhere near what it should be though (I'm at maybe 25%?). That being said, some people do have like 10 Timer0s for BW2. Are you getting consistent results, albeit wrong ID's?

Oh, and if you do @[username] (no brackets), you'll tag the user and they'll get an alert...Makes it more likely they'll see your posts/edit ;)

tbh I'm not even sure what that checkbox is for lol. Iirc there's a shifted-starting frame for ID's so you'll probably have to pick another seed. Seems like everyone recommends that you search for frames 30-40. I would pick one that requires a few advances. The SSF varies with the seed, so it's kinda trial and error.

Just saw your edit. It's possible that your ds is just a huge troll, or that you aren't using your most common parameters. It's based on your timing, and some people find it helpful to use an external timer to help maintain their timing. Maybe you could try that? Like everyone though, I get trolled a lot too. 5 out of 100 is nowhere near what it should be though (I'm at maybe 25%?). That being said, some people do have like 10 Timer0s for BW2. Are you getting consistent results, albeit wrong ID's?

Oh, and if you do @[username] (no brackets), you'll tag the user and they'll get an alert...Makes it more likely they'll see your posts/edit ;)
shiny finder
Jesus Christ I always forget that little @ sign.
Anyway:
It is very possible that I'm not using my most common parameters but in 30 or 40+ parameter trials I never got one (or even a small cluster) of Timer0s that occurred noticably more often. And yes, since I learned the beauty of Eon Timer in SS I have never gone without an external timer (I hate the Windows clock) and I'm usually quite accurate (I can hit delays several times in a row). Apparently Timer0s just hate me because even in White 1 I occasionally have to try up to 8 or so times to hit a seed.
My results are nowhere near consistent- I actually made a list of all the IDs I was hitting for each different seed I tried and for one of the seeds the list is 22 IDs long (excluding repeats), with only two of the IDs repeating more than once.
The issue isn't just Timer0 however: my VCount shifts at almost an exactly 50/50 rate (my most recent parameter spreadsheet has 15 ACs and 16 ADs).

I've never had RNG problems like this:/

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
haha np. Wow, that's annoying. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to be consistent and that's all you can do. Can't control it unfortunately. On the bright side, you have availability to many more seeds than the normal user, so you might not have to search as long to find that hex flawless shiny stationary frame. :)

haha np. Wow, that's annoying. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to be consistent and that's all you can do. Can't control it unfortunately. On the bright side, you have availability to many more seeds than the normal user, so you might not have to search as long to find that hex flawless shiny stationary frame. :)
Damn. Well, thanks for all your help anyway! :)

Hey
I want to rng gothitelle in the entralink in white 2, but I have some troubles finding the seed I should use. I followed this guide : https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_10_entralink but since I use rng reporter, it's not exactly the same.
To find my seed, should I set the time finder to standard seed and encounter type to stationary ? And I don't really understand how to get the correct nature once I found my standard Iv seed with the wanted IVs.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hey
I want to rng gothitelle in the entralink in white 2, but I have some troubles finding the seed I should use. I followed this guide : https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_10_entralink but since I use rng reporter, it's not exactly the same.
To find my seed, should I set the time finder to standard seed and encounter type to stationary ? And I don't really understand how to get the correct nature once I found my standard Iv seed with the wanted IVs.

The process is the same as in that guide. So, yeah, the time finder would be standard seed, stationary encounter. The main window would be method of 5th gen (PIDRNG) with an encounter type of Entralink Pokemon. I've never actually done it myself, but I would imagine that you have to choose the gender as well in the main window (as outlined in your link) before hitting generate.

As for the nature, it basically comes down to luck since the C-gear causes the PIDRNG to advance as well (like 1 frame every 1.7 seconds or something like that). If you use a timer, you can narrow down on the nature that you want by timing when you hit A. You can subtract the time of the nature you got from the time associated with your target (times shown in the main window once you hit generate) to adjust as necessary.

Something minor just occurred, but I suppose worth sharing:
When I was RNGing my ID/SID in White 2, after I nicknamed my rival, for a half second the text box where Prof. Juniper normally speaks turned a dark shade of gray and read "//create save data". Is this normal? It hasn't happened any other time I've attempted (over 100+ times now). I know my game is a legitimate cartridge; is this just a small error from repeated use or something?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
http://eggmove.com/RNGReporter/RNGReporter_9965_PublicBeta.zip

is this still the right place to down the RNG reporter?

also, I am unable to down eon timer from this address https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18231634/Central/Index.html is there another place I can download it?
Win 7 etc version--rng reporter
XP version--rng reporter
eon timer

eggmove.com is currently down, so I linked the 9.96.6 versions.

edit: and there's a link the the encounter slots in my sig (https://sites.google.com/site/pokemonslots/ in case you can't see it :)

Lost my SID during an unfortunate computer accident. Is there a way I can back track and find my SID using a shiny seed I've hit before or is there a way to refind my SID with Pokecheck down?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lost my SID during an unfortunate computer accident. Is there a way I can back track and find my SID using a shiny seed I've hit before or is there a way to refind my SID with Pokecheck down?
If you know the seed you used to find a shiny before, and can recall the nature/IV combo of it, then you could just search through that seed's list until you find the PID of the Pokémon which was shiny, and calculate your SID from there.

Alternatively you can transfer any Pokémon from the save file in question to generation 6, and ask someone to check it for you there.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
You should also be able to use Pandora's box or PPRNG's Trainer ID Searcher to find it by searching on a single date (your game file's start date, on the back of your trainer card) for your TID.

PPRNG for iPhone has a search function specifically for this purpose as well.

Does Uxie count as a wild (non-stationary) pokémon for some reason? Cause I've tried to RNG a shiny one, but despite RNG reporter saying that the shiny PID is a syncronize frame, I still got a shiny bashful one. Pretty annoying since it was a PAIN to get with all the NPCs >_>

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does Uxie count as a wild (non-stationary) pokémon for some reason? Cause I've tried to RNG a shiny one, but despite RNG reporter saying that the shiny PID is a syncronize frame, I still got a shiny bashful one. Pretty annoying since it was a PAIN to get with all the NPCs >_>
It's stationary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)