5th Gen Ubers Rain (first)

Alright, so this is my first team suggestion, so feedback would be great.

Lead: Grass Arceus@Meadow Plate
252 HP / 132 SpA / 124 Spe
Recover
Grass Knot
Ice Beam/Earth power
Magic Coat
Modest

This thing is actually a very good lead, courtesy of magic coat. plus four priority that reflects all status and entry hazards? i think so. Grass knot is used over judgement as anything over 100 kg is hit harder by grass knot, and most ubers are very heavy. ice beam allows him to take on dragons and flying types, while earth power allows him to rape non levitating steels. like mr lol said, he is quite weak to trick room dialga, though im not sure what a LO ice beam would do to him? he is also capable of handling both heavy leads (ie. Groudon) and lighter leads that will try to set up the entry hazards (ie. Deoxys-A)

WishBliss 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Leftovers Calm

For blissey, she is great for this team because of the lack of recovery, but besides maybe kyogre and scizor, not much is going to like switching into a fighting move at lower health. i also cut ice beam because its redundant to use it as well as kyogre, as kyogre will definitely succeed at ko'ing something with it. protect can be used with wish to heal blissey herself, and somewhat scout the opposing team. kyogre will love the wishes she provides, as it will extend the number of times he can use water spout greatly.

ScarfOgre 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Surf
Water Spout
Thunder
Ice Beam

Choice Specs Modest

The star of the show. this thing is a monster. Aside from the essential rain he provides, he is also very capable of OHKOing a lot of pokemon. this thing can even 2HKO a standard uber wish support blissey with full power water spout, which is ridiculous. surf may seem redundant with water spout, but once kyogre is under ~60% hp, surf is more powerful than water spout, and water spout will run out of pp pretty fast. aside from that, thunder and ice beam provide insane coverage along with his two stabs.

Bandtops 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Swift Swim
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Low Kick
X-Scissor

Choice Band Adamant

kabutops, holding a choice band in the rain, is ridiculous. his low kick can OHKO most dialga variants, and X-scissor is mainly for the many psychics and darks roaming ubers. his X-Scissor does 87.5-103.3% damage without any hazards, so that is a big pokemon out of the way. he can also survive mixed dialga's brick break, fire blast, and outrage. so if he doesnt have thunder or draco meteor, dialga is OHKO'd by low kick.

Ferrothorn 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed

Leftovers Sassy

Ferrrothorn is my main EH abuser, and although the rain helps with his fire weakness, its still not very much. stealth rock is my main EH, and is great for pokemon like Ho-oh and rayquaza, who will ko him with fire attacks. leech seed is just to annoy people and to help him recover hp with leftovers. gyro ball is the reason i use a speed lowering nature, as he wont outspeed much with base 20 speed. power whip is a powerful option, as it OHKOs groudon without heavy investment in defense and HP, and is always a OHKO on kyogre.

Uber Trapper Scizor 176 HP / 100 Atk / 232 SpD
Pursuit
U-Turn
Roost
Bullet Punch

Life Orb Adamant

Scizor is because i like him and he is also an excellent revenge killer with both pursuit and bullet punch. he is also a great scout with u-turn, and roost offsets his LO recoil and keeps him around longer. with the combination of pursuit and pullet punch, he can revenge pokemon such as lugia, Rayquaza, giratina-o, darkrai, lati@s, and mewtwo.

its just an idea. again, suggestions would be great.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ur team has a huge problem with trick room mix dialga. If it is able to get trick room up on ur lead while u magic coat predicting rocks. it has the capability to fire blast arceus grass and scizor and thunder the rest of the team. If blissey is down or dialga has brick break it can literally kill of the whole team. The same applies with mixzekrom if arceus grass Is down. Any trick room team actually has the capability of threatening a sweep. In order to stop this I recommend u change ur scizor set to one that's brave with 0 speed ivs holding a choice band using brick break or superpower instead of roost. All the other moves are fine.

LOL. Give grass arceus SR. Pretty essential. Due to your stallish nature, you need spinblock, try gira-o. Your team struggles to wallbreak so consider zekrom or mewtwo to fix that, maybe over kabutops.

I like the CB kabutops :) But it was alot stronger and more under rated last gen. In this gen is has ferrothorn to worry about as well as priority. It is quite fragile and if you don't have rain up it's a liability. Defensive groudons counter it quite nicely. But it is really effective against unprepared teams or people that don't understand what a huge threat it is.
What does your grass arceus lead do to forretress the most common lead this gen so far? Sure it bounces spikes, then forry just rapid spins. Grass knot and ice beam don't hurt it, and as soon as you do that spikes is up. Spikes+toxic spikes have more pp than magic coat. I'd just sit in and spam spikes and toxic spikes until i ran out

i kind of based my team around kyogre and kabutops, just because they have such great synergy. i also wanted ferrothorn just because hes awesome, and the rain somewhat reduces his weakness to fire. i do agree with the fact that wallbreaking will be hard, i just want to get rid of someone other than kabutops. anyways, a CB boosted base 100 power low kick is pretty scary to ferrothorn. i like the idea of mewtwo, i dont think theyd expect a wallbreaker set in the rain, i think they'd be expecting zekrom. so out of scizor or blissey, who should i replace with mewtwo? also, im thinking of getting rid of arceus, or getting an alternate form. any suggestions?
edit: also i would appreciate suggestions for a wallbreaking mewtwo.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anything with taunt or darkrai can take the lead spot... since trick room is completely shut down by taunt and nothing set up trick room with the threat of a +2 dark pulse or focus blast flying at them

I recommended darkrai or deoxys-a for the lead position

If your using Darkrai i reccomend that you run run enough hp to survive timid life orbed aura sphere from mewtwo, max speed, dump the rest into special attack,

If your using deoxys-a run shadow ball, extremespeed, taunt, and super power, it should have 36 special attack, 252 speed, and 220 attack with a naive nature. 36 special attack is enough to kill deoxys-s with shadow ball if its not sashed and extremespeed if it is sashed. 220 attack should ensure a 2hko on opposing dialga. Naive is to prevent crazier spreads :D and not drop any attacking stat. Taunt should destroy any trick room lead assuming they try to set up trick room on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)