Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Can you program the calc to take into account berry juice recovery like it does for leftovers? It would help in little cup damage calcs. For example-

236 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 196 HP / 196+ Def Phanpy: 12-15 (42.8 - 53.5%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15)

Should actually be a 4.1% chance to OHKO, since Phanpy would be able to recover from berry juice if the 15 damage roll happened while it was at full health.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not that huge of a deal but could like a tab or something for Pursuit be added so that the power doubles when the opponent switches?
No, I'm not planning on adding flags for things that only affect single moves and can't be determined automatically, like Pursuit. It's not worth the space in the already-squashed layout when you can accomplish the same thing by just changing the BP to 80 manually. If switching out ever becomes important to the calculator for more than just Pursuit then I might add something for it.

Also Eviolite works on fully evolved Pokémon.
Yeah, I'm probably not going to fix this either unless evolution becomes important to the calculator for some other reason. It's not worth keeping track of evolution info for all 700+ Pokemon in the calculator's data just to stop Eviolite from working on Pokemon who should never be using it.

Thanks for posting these though, I do appreciate people letting me know if there are things that are missing or incorrect (that haven't already been brought up). These two just happened to be intentional omissions. :toast:

Can you program the calc to take into account berry juice recovery like it does for leftovers?
Already on the to-do list (#6, although the order in the OP is very untrustworthy). I definitely want to do this, but it's a little trickier than it first seems to get it completely accurate (in particular if the holder is badly poisoned and the move is not a guaranteed xHKO).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Minor, but could you potentially add partner-specific abilities like Flower Gift and Friend Guard?

) I have been working with the damage calc a lot today and I noticed that it does not “knock off” items after using knock off, not sure how big a deal that is, but it’s just something I noticed.

Thanks honko for fixing that text formatting, posts are a lot cleaner now.

Now to give my post actual substance, I had an idea for speeding up calcs in important battles, not sure how much it is worth to you. ATM, switching to a new mon is gets pretty laggy and most of the sets (at least for ubers) aren't the actual standards but even if they were, most players use custom sets for a lot of mons anyways. It makes checking calcs very time consuming (in regards to a battle timer) especially when you have to run multiple calcs with different mons. I was thinking if we could like temp save set info to clickable buttons (kinda like memory on real calculators) we could save a lot of time by inputting our own sets before a battle starts and then adding what you think your opponent's are (while updating as more info comes in) so that you can check the relevant calcs with the click of like 2 buttons.

Here are some places you could stick those memory buttons (at least the empty space i noticed)

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would it be possible to implement Sitrus Berry healing and the like into the calc?

Sitrus Berry, for example, is a flat 25% heal whenever the holder goes below 50% HP. So to use a simple calc, this:
Blissey Seismic Toss vs. 0 HP Shuckle: 100-100 (55.2 - 55.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
...would become this:
Blissey Seismic Toss vs. 0 HP Shuckle: 100-100 (55.2 - 55.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry

This would be particularly useful for VGC and Doubles calcs, where Sitrus Berry is a much more common item than in OU.

Seems like Sheer Force isn't boosting damage of moves like it should. That's an effect that needs fixed, since it's an odd boost of 33% that can't be substituted by just giving yourself +1 Attack, for example. Or am I just doing it wrong? Also, probably need to make sure it works with Life Orb correctly.

This is a reaaally minor thing, but could there be another way to calc the Analytic boost without having to fiddle with the Speed stats? Last gen's Manly Calc had the 'switching in' option to get that, iirc.

That's all I have for now, thank you so much Honko

This is just a nitpick, but since Rock Tomb now has a Base Power of 60 and is now somewhat common on Breloom sets shouldn't it be included in the movelist? I know I can alter Rock Slide to make it 60 Base Power, but you said competitively viable moves are included and Rock Tomb is now a competitively viable move. Regardless, good job with the calculator.

Erm, what's up with some Pokemon:
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 11.04.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 11.04.44 PM.png

And M-MX and M-MY are the same two, I just assumed it was the same for them because of the alternate Mega Evolutions? But still, they're whack.

The "Usage" sets are, as the name implies, derived solely from the moveset usage that the Pokemon receives on the OU ladder. Two of Charizard's 4 most popular moves last month were Dragon Dance and Roost, which do not show up on the calculator. The other two were Solarbeam and Air Slash, so that's what comes up in the calculator. Honko has stated that once the database is updated with the new analyses, he'll update the calculator to reflect the on-site sets like he did last generation, but until then, usage stats offer an easy and simple way to pick moves for now (even if they do look kinda wonky).

A minor idea, but could there be a place on the calc telling you the remaining EVs you have until 508, much like Showdown has in the teambuilder? I find myself switching between Showdown and the calc just because I don't know how many EVs I have left after tinkering with a few stats. It would make said tinkering a lot faster and more efficient.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Not sure about this Honko, but should the damage calculations be adjusted to reflect the current HP left on the pokemon? As explanation, I input different HP values yet the damage calculations stay the same. This would be helpful for determining cases where the mon has taken previous damage such as LO or whatever. Or is my version of the calc faulty ?_? Or is there another way to do this? I guess you could manually count the different damage values and figure the percentage but this seems to take quite a bit of time, at least for me haha, not a math wiz. I guess this would mainly be, perhaps only be helpful, for when you or your opponent is within the "kill range" of remaining HP - somewhere between the max and min damage rolls, and you would like to know the percentage of surviving/KO'ing. Again, i suppose you could count the damage values, find the value, count how many are above or below and divide by 16...but, haha idk .-. This is very minor, so reply if it's a calc flaw, if not then I'll figure out a way to get around it ^^

PS Im pretty sure this issue doesnt really matter at all but i was mainly just confused that changing hp values doesnt change the damage calcs accordingly

Thanks honko for fixing that text formatting, posts are a lot cleaner now.

Now to give my post actual substance, I had an idea for speeding up calcs in important battles, not sure how much it is worth to you. ATM, switching to a new mon is gets pretty laggy and most of the sets (at least for ubers) aren't the actual standards but even if they were, most players use custom sets for a lot of mons anyways. It makes checking calcs very time consuming (in regards to a battle timer) especially when you have to run multiple calcs with different mons. I was thinking if we could like temp save set info to clickable buttons (kinda like memory on real calculators) we could save a lot of time by inputting our own sets before a battle starts and then adding what you think your opponent's are (while updating as more info comes in) so that you can check the relevant calcs with the click of like 2 buttons.

Here are some places you could stick those memory buttons (at least the empty space i noticed)
^ Also I strongly second this, this would be just amazing, if it's even possible to be more amazing than it already is :P Not meaning to suck up or anything, but I think it is incredible that your calculator is THE calculator that is comprehensively used throughout competitive pokemon...it can be taken for granted that it just plain does work - it reliably does what it is meant to do. Thank you Honko for your great contribution to Pokemon! I would totes suck/be on your dick irl in the manliest way possible. I'm getting really sleepy so I'll end this here before it gets any weirder~

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Seems like Sheer Force isn't boosting damage of moves like it should. That's an effect that needs fixed, since it's an odd boost of 33% that can't be substituted by just giving yourself +1 Attack, for example. Or am I just doing it wrong? Also, probably need to make sure it works with Life Orb correctly.
It's 30% and it seems to be boosting them for me. What was your exact setup?
================================================================
Also, the calc is using a 30% boost for Tough Claws instead of 33% (0x1547) so the damage is a little off.

Would it be possible to add a feature where you could save several pokemon with their individual attacks, abilities, stats, etc.?

Not sure if someone's mentioned it, but would it be possible to calculate the chances of an OHKO/2HKO/etc. after a Sitrus Berry/Berry Juice/etc. activation, similar to Leftovers? Thanks.

EDIT: Derp, I can't read. It's on the To-Do list.

Last edited:
Minor thing, but Volcanion and Hoopa have been more or less confirmed to have their signature attacks ( Steam Eruption and Hyperspace Hole, respectively). Could you add them to the move list database?

Love the calculator and I'm not sure if someone has asked this but are you going to put a little button that allows us to check off stat boost from boosting moves. This is vital for set up sweepers pokemon like volcarona because one quiver dance can make or break you and it would be nice to know for sure what I can and cannot out speed or kill.

Arcticblast

Love the calculator and I'm not sure if someone has asked this but are you going to put a little button that allows us to check off stat boost from boosting moves. This is vital for set up sweepers pokemon like volcarona because one quiver dance can make or break you and it would be nice to know for sure what I can and cannot out speed or kill.
Stat boosts are already implemented...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)