A complicated situation

so here's the scoop,
i used to have this friend. we would hang out every day, drinking and watching movies, and over a few months we became really close to the point where we had like 50 different inside jokes and knew everything about each other. It was nice to be so close to someone but the relationship was also kind of unhealthy in some ways.
She's really insecure, and loves drama, is super bitchy about money, has a drinking problem, and usually "breaks up" with me at least once a month.

the last time we had a huge fight she called me a ridiculous person and said that she hates me. that was a few weeks ago and this entire time i've just been trying to move on, to convince myself that I don't need her because she's sort of a shitty person and it's not worth being broken about.

tonight she sends me a message on facebook saying "you're the only person who wants to hang out with me so even though i'm still mad at you we should go get a drink."

I don't know what to do here. she's my only real friend in this town. I'm not very good at meeting people and even if I go to a concert or I'm in school, I'm not exactly very assertive about talking to people and asking them to hang out.

Pretty much here are my options:

1) Hang out with her, risking drama and bullshit, just because we had some good times in the past, we have a lot in common, and I don't really have anybody else to hang out with (besides roommates or occasionally seeing my friends on the other side of town)

2) Ignore her message and try to take comfort in the fact that even though it sucks not having that friendship anymore, I also won't have the drama and unhealthy habits that went along with it.

I feel like maybe I should just hang out with her because there's nothing better to do, and if she's a bitch I can break it off. but that makes me feel as if I'm being weak, and letting my guard down again. It's been hard enough to try and get over her without seeing her again.

So, what do you think, Smogon?

A) Start over and hope things run smoothly
B) Fuck bitches, get money

why dont you tell her if she wants to hang she'll have to remove the stick from her ass (it'll work i swear i've done it before)

no if i was in your position i'd say i dont want to be around someone who openly states they're mad at me

She's really insecure, and loves drama, is super bitchy about money, has a drinking problem, and usually "breaks up" with me at least once a month.

the last time we had a huge fight she called me a ridiculous person and said that she hates me. that was a few weeks ago and this entire time i've just been trying to move on, to convince myself that I don't need her because she's sort of a shitty person and it's not worth being broken about.

tonight she sends me a message on facebook saying "you're the only person who wants to hang out with me so even though i'm still mad at you we should go get a drink."
Proof that this person is a false friend. True friends may fall out once or twice, but "break up" once a month? This proves she doesn't really like you.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fuck her

the kind of people that give in to users deserve to be used

come on, i can tell by the way you worded your op that you know what the right call is anyway, us telling you to do it won't make it any easier

cut her out for good

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
yeah, you're not going to find anything with any meaningful longevity when she can so easily toss you aside yet expects you to see her when she still admits that she's mad at you.

quit that shit

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
yeah, you're not going to find anything with any meaningful longevity when she can so easily toss you aside yet expects you to see her when she still admits that she's mad at you.

quit that shit
exactly.

also do you not get anything aside from the obvious from "you're the only person who wants to hang out with me so even though i'm still mad at you we should go get a drink."? I interpreted that as "sigh ive exhausted all my other options with no favorable result so unfortunately you'll have to do for now. Fuck."

so yeah, B's MY final answer. Disregard females, acquire guap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)