A general smogon SQSA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had many questions to ask people how to do X but there was never a thread for it. therby i propose someone write in either here, stark mountain congration of the masses, a SQSA thread for random qs of how smogon operates.

There are usually SQSA threads in popular forums, each for that forum alone. I guess a general SQSA thread could be nice, but since there isn't any "general" sub-forum in Smogon (since people come to Stark even more than Cong, make that much more) I don't see how this can be done outside of more extreme measures.

The thread in Stark is the place for questions about the Smogon forums. It could be made a bit clearer in the OP mind.
Indeed, it would probably be best to say what that thread is NOT for. (Not for requesting trades, opinions on IVs, older-gen specific questions, questions about the Shoddy Battle software, questions that have nothing to do with either Pokemon or Smogon, and probably some others I forgot).

The thread in Stark is the place for questions about the Smogon forums. It could be made a bit clearer in the OP mind.
Indeed, it would probably be best to say what that thread is NOT for. (Not for requesting trades, opinions on IVs, older-gen specific questions, questions about the Shoddy Battle software, questions that have nothing to do with either Pokemon or Smogon, and probably some others I forgot).
Actually, since there are a lot of questions about pokemon, I believe that a separate thread for questions about the Smogon forums would be better than lumping the Smogon forums questions with the pokemon questions.

well technically tangerine made a thread here for general smogon questions. but its not stickied. and if anyone posted in it they would most likely be banned for necro posting.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What kind of questions do you have? Most importantly, are there that many questions that can't be answered by the rules or whatever?

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Or you can PM Mods, Super Mods, or Admins if they are specific questions

Actually, since there are a lot of questions about pokemon, I believe that a separate thread for questions about the Smogon forums would be better than lumping the Smogon forums questions with the pokemon questions.
A counterargument is that the Stark SQSA thread has high traffic. Lots of people read it, many of whom have been on Smogon for some time and thus as well as knowing about Pokemon will know about the forum. Would a thread for questions about Smogon get the same people reading an answering in it?

how bout this: what is the fastest spiker? so far, i got venipede at fastest (thats worth a crap)

also, can i get a link for the Stark mount. thread? for some reason i can find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)