Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Indigo

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Violet

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • What's Minior?

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
I like minior. Maybe that might be slightly obvious from the profile picture and signature, butttttttt... it is usually bad. So, let's change that!
Soo, I posted this in the Kyruem teambuilding challenge.
:sv/kyurem::sv/dragonite::sv/hatterene::sv/enamorus::sv/great tusk::sv/gouging fire:
So, Mr My-Name-Is-Hard-To-Spell-So-Small-Sprites-Are-A-Pain-To-Get Kyruem. I went for the
:loaded dice:
set, to make it a strong physical attacker. This is a mon who takes 25% from rocks. Let's put on some removal! Tusk and Hatterene make sure no hazards get through. Soo, the niche pick. The hidden gem. The hazard reliant mon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everyone else not included in those groups, give it up for
:weakness policy:
:dragonite:
!
Am I crazy? Yes! Fairy and Dragon are two common attacking types, and Tera Normal can be used to get +2 on fighting moves too! Without the burden of Stealth Rocks, it can use an item and not worry that its multiscale might be broken. Enamorus was added next, a fast rocks weak mon who could serve as an alternate tera wincon with scarfed stellar tera blast. Finally came Gouging Fire, another rocks-weak mon but this one utilised
:heavy-duty boots:
to make sure that it would not be an autoloss if rocks snuck past our removal. All sets, aside from Dragonite's (obviously), are standard.
I like some of the ideas, but let's change some of it!
So. My team looks like this: Pokepaste. It's whole concept is to use double hazard control to enable certain hazard-weak mons.

Credit to Just A Shroom God for edits, here's the new version.

The Pokemon

Kyurem @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear
- Iron Head

So, this is Mr. Suspect. Firstly, we are using :loaded dice: Kyurem because it stronk and I appreciate the lure value (lots of people switch in Blissey on this thing). It was the first thing I put on, because it was the focus of the challenge. The rest of the team is helpful for this, the two hazard removers stop it from losing 25% to rocks and therefore make it harder to get it into priority range, what with the -Def from Scale Shot.

Hatterene (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush
- Earthquake

Hazard Removers 1 and 2. :Hatterene: is my ol' reliable, with the best chance as a lead and with just general disruptive properties (nuzzling is funny, I got 7 full paras on a :scizor: in a row once). Tusk is tusk. He's just running his usual set. Not much to say here.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Soo, the niche pick. The hidden gem. The hazard reliant mon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and everyone else not included in those groups, give it up for :weakness policy::dragonite:!

Am I crazy? Yes? Fairy and Dragon are two common attacking types, and Tera Normal can be used to get +2 on fighting moves too! Without the burden of Stealth Rocks, it can use an item and not worry that its multiscale might be broken. (If you really want, you can use HDB but I dislike it)
(Before you say, I didn't copy it word for word, I changed the Yes! to Yes?)

Weavile @ Salac Berry
Ability: Pickpocket
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Upper Hand
- Knock Off

Saw this banger :blaziken: set in someone else's RMT and loved it. Weavile is the choice on my team, naturally fast and having some utility instead of being a one-trick pony. Basically, you can read their justification but fast bro goes endure reversal brr. Knock Off means it can do something, but this is technically (unlike Focus Sash) regardless of hazards. So this ends up being my wincon, since I SUCK AT KEEPING HAZARDS OFF :woop: :woo: :wo:

Minior Goat (Minior-Blue) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Iron Head/Rock Slide (screw accuracy)
- Earthquake

Shell Smash. Focus Sash. 110BP Acrobatics. Pray they have no :rocky helmet:. Win. Minior unleashes in it's Super Saiyan Blue form domination. Acro for strong stab. EQ because Archaludon is annoying. Your choice of Iron Head or Rock Slide. I could write a 10-page essay about how awesome Minior is, but yeah.

Alternative Minior Set

Minior Goat (Minior-Blue) @ White Herb
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
Described in Ehmcee 's post below.
Will add some more stuffs soon, Enam can be switched in for something.

Last edited:
Well it's pretty interesting actually.
Some rather standard stuff here but that Weavile. That thing's gonna be tricky whether you actually guess the endure or die knocking.
Based Minior enjoyer

OK, as a fellow minior enjoyer this team is really cool, and I appreciate the effort to make minior work, but this team is really not great. It seems like you have the foundation for a good team, but then you squander it. For starters, you have a massive fairy weakness. You just lose to any ival or scarf enam, and you have a pretty rough time into any clefable or random tera fairy mon too. Tera Steel on everything kinda helps, but A: being forced to tera is always bad and B: we've a lot of strong fairies with steel coverage, like ival, earth power enam, and tera fairy skeledirge. You seriously need something against that. To fix this, I'm going to remove what I think is the most useless member of the team: weavile. I'm sorry but that weavile set is atrocious and only exacerbates your fairy weakness. You have 2 options to replace it, depending on what kind of direction you want the team to go. For a more balanced team, replace it with HDB Glowking, who gives your team a nice spdef pivot and combos well with Kyurem.
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave
- Chilly Reception

For a more bulky offensish team like its trending toward now, go for Scarf Dengo; it compresses speed control, fairy killer, and anti-cheese (with trick) into one slot.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The other changes are much smaller. The team's based around minior, so I can't change that, and the other members are at the very least functional. If I were to make a change from here, I'd say change Dragonite to Raging Bolt; You don't need two dragon dancers, and Raging Bolt gives you a much easier matchup into the omnipresent rain, while comboing well with Kyurem to take down grounds types. Other than that the team is fine.

Oh, and change Tusk's set. Tusk has way too much 4MSS to justify running 2 ground moves. Run either Knock or Rocks.

OK, as a fellow minior enjoyer this team is really cool, and I appreciate the effort to make minior work, but this team is really not great. It seems like you have the foundation for a good team, but then you squander it. For starters, you have a massive fairy weakness. You just lose to any ival or scarf enam, and you have a pretty rough time into any clefable or random tera fairy mon too. Tera Steel on everything kinda helps, but A: being forced to tera is always bad and B: we've a lot of strong fairies with steel coverage, like ival, earth power enam, and tera fairy skeledirge. You seriously need something against that. To fix this, I'm going to remove what I think is the most useless member of the team: weavile. I'm sorry but that weavile set is atrocious and only exacerbates your fairy weakness. You have 2 options to replace it, depending on what kind of direction you want the team to go. For a more balanced team, replace it with HDB Glowking, who gives your team a nice spdef pivot and combos well with Kyurem.
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave
- Chilly Reception

For a more bulky offensish team like its trending toward now, go for Scarf Dengo; it compresses speed control, fairy killer, and anti-cheese (with trick) into one slot.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The other changes are much smaller. The team's based around minior, so I can't change that, and the other members are at the very least functional. If I were to make a change from here, I'd say change Dragonite to Raging Bolt; You don't need two dragon dancers, and Raging Bolt gives you a much easier matchup into the omnipresent rain, while comboing well with Kyurem to take down grounds types. Other than that the team is fine.

Oh, and change Tusk's set. Tusk has way too much 4MSS to justify running 2 ground moves. Run either Knock or Rocks.
This is true, sorry :(
So how's this: thank you!
it was a typo on great tusk lol. Meant temper flare because die gholdengo.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey just some changes for your Minior set:

:sv/minior:
Minior @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Focus Sash is a very tough item to abuse in this meta, you might not always get to use it due to Gholdengo spinblocking Stealth Rock, or you might get hit with some more niche options like Fake Out. White Herb is a much better item for a Shell Smasher like Minior, while also making your acrobatics damage a lot more consistent. Substitute is used to both give free setup opportunities as well as guarantee we are able to get our Shields Down to activate, bolstering our speed and damage output.

Here's a replay with it in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2054231691-7ku22mnz96oamu7ew16oq5h0hgrq58cpw

Hey just some changes for your Minior set:

:sv/minior:
Minior @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Focus Sash is a very tough item to abuse in this meta, you might not always get to use it due to Gholdengo spinblocking Stealth Rock, or you might get hit with some more niche options like Fake Out. White Herb is a much better item for a Shell Smasher like Minior, while also making your acrobatics damage a lot more consistent. Substitute is used to both give free setup opportunities as well as guarantee we are able to get our Shields Down to activate, bolstering our speed and damage output.

Here's a replay with it in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2054231691-7ku22mnz96oamu7ew16oq5h0hgrq58cpw
Gonna add this to the main post under Alternatives, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)