A new generation of weather abuse

T-tar will be by far the best weather user.

remember that if Gen 4s weather system remains the Slower auto weather pokemon will go first ninetails lowest speed is 212
politoads is 158
157 spe t-tar needs a - spe nature :( adamant 0 spe t-tar has 168 spe)

however t-tar has many ways to slay the pokes
with SE t-bolt on politoad/STAB stone edge(crunch for the unlucky)
and STAB SE stone edge OHKOing ninetails
and adamant CB Stone edge OHKOs 252/0 politoad
reverse speed creep anyone?
EDIT
dugtrio eh? sounds GREAT at beating t-tar, but what about the hungry hungry hippo? will you use 3 team slots for just making sure your weather is up? (dugtrio, hippodown trapper/killer, politoad)

I likely would however remember this about singles

the most valuable member of your team is likely your weather setup mon, who says they wont instantly switch out after sending in the weather producer? (be it t-tar or politoad ninetails really seems to be bad as its typing means that it can be trapped by duggy while t-tar has the same problem it is slower than politoad AND has amazing stats/movepool)

I predict turn one to look like this ALOT

A sent in politoad
B sent in t-tar
weather sandtrom

A switched to Dugtrio
B switched to garchomp/insert good poke that can take icebeam/surf

momentum B
weather B

T-tar will be by far the best weather user.

remember that if Gen 4s weather system remains the Slower auto weather pokemon will go first ninetails lowest speed is 212
politoads is 158
157 spe t-tar needs a - spe nature :(

however t-tar has many ways to slay the pokes
with SE t-bolt on politoad/STAB stone edge(crunch for the unlucky)
and STAB SE stone edge OHKOing ninetails
and adamant CB Stone edge OHKOs 252/0 politoad

reverse speed creep anyone?
That only happens if they're both sent out at the same time, as leads or after a double KO. Because of how frail and valuable Politoed and Ninetales are, I doubt they'll be sent out in either situation often.

really what about the first turn of the game? wouldnt you lead with kyogre in ubers? thats the only reason for reverse speed creep, its a lead situation not a non lead.

nobody i know would switch in politoad to take a hit from a monster like t-tar, but they will lead with min spe politoad to start with rain on the feild

As much as T-Tar does counter Ninetales, T-Tar will not appreciate a Will O Wisp to the face. Going to have to be a decision if you want to get crippled to kill or gravely injure your opponents weather inducer. And I think people are assuming that these teams will lead with Ninetales and Politoed too much. I can see lots of people starting with a more traditional lead.

As much as T-Tar does counter Ninetales, T-Tar will not appreciate a Will O Wisp to the face. Going to have to be a decision if you want to get crippled to kill or gravely injure your opponents weather inducer. And I think people are assuming that these teams will lead with Ninetales and Politoed too much. I can see lots of people starting with a more traditional lead.
Yeah I agree. I don't think people would want to reveal what kind of weather team they are running first up. I'm sure people would still want to set up SR and the like and scout the opponents team first. Then play accordingly. The 2 pokemon given perma sun and rain are interesting in the sense that they both are somewhat bulky.

Exceggutor, one of my favorites, will run rampant. After using him in sun teams, I can safely say that he just needs the sun, and then he's set to sweep.

does anyone else forsee changes in the general mechanics of the weather effects?

like hail giving a 50% bonus to ice moves, or some kind of similar effect to sandstorm, or even possible the defensive boosts that rock types gained from SS passed to other weather effects and other types

i think its too early to declare that rain will be the dominant weather based on a game that none of us have played

does anyone else forsee changes in the general mechanics of the weather effects?

like hail giving a 50% bonus to ice moves, or some kind of similar effect to sandstorm, or even possible the defensive boosts that rock types gained from SS passed to other weather effects and other types

i think its too early to declare that rain will be the dominant weather based on a game that none of us have played
Some people have played it. There were rumors about hail having those effects, but they were found to be false.

I def. think DrizzleToed is a scary thought, especially if used as a lead with that new item Swimming Goggles.

Increased accuracy on Hypnosis, Hydro Pump, in the rain with a speed boost? Niiicce.

Plenty of people have roms.... Sheesh I have one. And we have people with the actual game. Anyway, this is probably going to be intersting. As I currently see it this is the little weather triangle thing we have going on.
NINETALES Can cripple all of its possible weather switch ins. Politoed and hippowdon get hit with toxic, abomasnow gets fried, and tyranitar gets will oed.
POLITOED Can put all of its weather switch ins to sleep with hypnosis. Slams tyranitar hippowdon and ninetales (but it is in sun) with surf. Abomasnow could get nailed with a hp or ice beam (or focus blast I guess)
TYRANITAR Stone edge=dead switch ins.
HIPPOWDON Earthquake slams politoed and nintales. Abomasnow gets hit wih stone edge.
ABOMASNOW Earthquakes ninetales, wood hammers politoed/tyranitar, ice beams hippowon. Can use grasswhistle.
Pretty much no weather pokes can switch into another weather poke without risk of being maimed.

One big thing SS has going for it is that unlike sun, rain, and hail, it can bring 2 different pokemon that can renew its weather. Hippowdon and Tyranitar both play drastically different roles, and it'll make weather v weather battles alot easier for SS teams, knowing that ttar can go down, and you can still have sand later.
All three other weathers will have to protect their perma weather pokemon much more than they did in gen 4s meta, as it wasn't likely for you to find weather v weather battles.

the addition of sand throw and sand power will make SS a force to be reckoned with, considering how good it already was this gen.

Armaldo with swift swim will definitely be seen on rain dance teams. He can run a set similar to Dory (Sword Dance, X-scissor, EQ, Rock Slide) to hit all weather changers bar Hippowdon for SE STAB damage, and Hippowdon can't really do too much to Armaldo. Armaldo also get a boost when facing SS teams being a rock type.

I don't think teams will need to change the weather. They just need pokemon that work well in each weather. Have a good electric pokemon or 2 or your team for rain, a steel or rock type of your own, and a fire type. This seems like a lot better of a strategy them wasting a spot for lickylicky if your opponent isnt using a weather based team.

Oh yeah, another thing no1 thought of. I started to think about what could kill all the weather leads quickly.

That chandelier pokemon, if it has hidden power fighting, sashed, would work really well. It could kill all the leads with its massive special attack, and then you coud dswitch to your own weather unopposed. This pokemon is a check for weather.

Weather needs to be checked in this gen or the tier will be too gimmicky. I think this pokemon is the answer, and it would be unfortunate if it got banned.

Rain has kingdra and as gen 4 say so, and as theres swimming googles, it will be the second best weather behind Sandstorm with their many abuser like the mighty doryuzuu,Gigaiasu,Randorosu etc. Sandstorm summoner is also the best. They got the mighty garchomp as its abuser. finally Ttar pair with gyara last gen. Add in Doryuzuu will make them more immense. What does sunny day get the best ? Venusaur "Petal" Outrage

Oh yeah, another thing no1 thought of. I started to think about what could kill all the weather leads quickly.

That chandelier pokemon, if it has hidden power fighting, sashed, would work really well. It could kill all the leads with its massive special attack, and then you coud dswitch to your own weather unopposed. This pokemon is a check for weather.

Weather needs to be checked in this gen or the tier will be too gimmicky. I think this pokemon is the answer, and it would be unfortunate if it got banned.
That thing unfortunately lost to Ttar in actuality had you dont have will-o-wisp(big chance you wont) and mewtwo w Aura and orb dont OHKO Ttar.
He is no different without good prediction

Ninetales and Politoed are unlikely to always be used as leads.

its still a revenge killer (or counter). and i believe hidden power fighting coming off a 145 base spatk would kill ttar. Esepcially if it doesn't invest in special defense.

Well, at least Parasect can safely be UU now, what with UU having permaweather too by the looks of things.

And no Ice/Sandstorm in UU still is beast. Rain being more common allows Parasect the promotion it's long awaited.

I see Kabutops getting a promotion to OU, too.

Well, at least Parasect can safely be UU now, what with UU having permaweather too by the looks of things.

And no Ice/Sandstorm in UU still is beast. Rain being more common allows Parasect the promotion it's long awaited.

I see Kabutops getting a promotion to OU, too.
You expect Politoed and Ninetales to stay UU?

You expect Politoed and Ninetales to stay UU?
I do. They don't exactly have that great of stats defensively, and Ninetales would end up Stealth Rock'd if she ever decided to play OU.

Note also the concept of Abomasnow being in BL yet its ability being one of the best EVER.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Note also the concept of Abomasnow being in BL yet its ability being one of the best EVER.
Hail teams are much more gimmicky than rain/sandstorm (and arguably more gimmicky than sun now..).

I think 5th gen is going to be more like weather abuse palkia. Even on rain teams, you'll have pokemon running fire attacks just in case the weather changes (and to take care of grass types).
We might even get ridiculous stuff like scarf sandthrow doryuuza on rain/sun teams as a revenge killer for incase of sandstorm.

I do. They don't exactly have that great of stats defensively, and Ninetales would end up Stealth Rock'd if she ever decided to play OU.

Hail doesn't trigger abilities that double a Pokemon's speed. Rain and sun do, and now even sand does.

Snow Warning doesn't come close to matching Drought and Drizzle. In Gen 4, Drought and Drizzle were tested and found to be uber even on a LV1 Groudon or Kyogre. While I hardly think it will prove to be just as broken in the much more powerful Gen 5, there's still no question that Ninetales and Politoed will have a permanent position in OU.

Hail got a HUGE boost in Black and White, maybe you just didn't hear about it. Ice moves now get a 50% boost and hail raises the physical defense of ice types 50%, much like sandstorm for sp. def. This is huge imo, and turns regice into a monster.

with Gen5 out my default tails/zard team just got a second chance. Due to SR and SPower Dreamzard is looking more frail so i suspect we'll be seeing him with lefties or roost more often. With his frailty Fblast's accuracy and blast burn's recharge are bigger issues now unless you're holding power herb or wide lens respectably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)