A Really BIG MUSHROOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hope that got your attention. Yeah, the Parasect on this team actually swept once. Against a lame BP team anyways.

Changes in Bold

The Team at a glance: You'll have to READ! You might leave if I just show the team at a glance.

@Heat Rock
Sassy, Heatproof, 252 HP/128 Atk/128 SpD

Stealth Rock
Sunny Day
Gyro Ball
Explosion

My standard suicuidal Bronzong. SR needs no explanation, Sunny Day with Heat Rock gives 8 Turns of Sunny Day. Explosion lets Zong go boom once his job is done, preferably on some non-ghost wall switching in. Heatproof over Levitate because this is a Sun team and it lets me setup on sweepers using Fire Attacks. No one has tried EQing this Zong yet. Well, except for some overpredictions by the opponent, then, they get shocked. So many people forget about Zong's Second ability.

@Choice Specs
Timid, Flash Fire, 252 SpA/18 SpD/230 Spe

Overheat
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power (Ground)
Solarbeam

One of the Sun abusers of the team. Overheat and DP for STAB, HP Ground for Heatran, a common switch in and Solarbeam for Water types and Tyranitar. 230 Speed EVs lets me hit 311 Speed outspeeding all Base 91s and lower and outspeeding non +Nature/Scarf Base 100s. Should I replace HP Ground with HP Fighting BTW?

@Life Orb, Clorophyll, Modest, 62 HP/252 SpA/196 Spe

Grass Knot
Psychic
HP Fighting
Sunny Day

The 2nd Sun Abuser of the team. 196 Speed EVs in Sun lets it outrun Jolly Swellow and friends (non scarfed). Should I get Solarbeam instead? I got Leaf Storm so if Ttar tries to ruin the Sun, I won't get caught in the charging turn of SB. Psychic for STAB, Sunny Day for the rest of the team and itself and HP Fighting for Weavile/Ttar switching in.

@Choice Scarf, Flash Fire, Mild, 4HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Overheat
Hidden Power (Ice)
Explosion
Earth Power

Standard ScarfTran I guess, Explosion would probably be for Blissey who really stalls the team or for an opponent's Bulky Water type. Mild Nature to get no attack reduction for Explosion.

@Leftovers, Swift Swim, Calm, 252 HP/52 SpA/200 SpD

HP Electric
Leech Seed
Toxic
Surf

Woah! Out of the blue, eh? Yeah, it usually surprises opponents too. I had to find someone to deal with many defensive Pokemon my sweepers may not handle or if they are KOed.
Rain Dance ups its speed and helps Parasect, Leech Seed and Toxic whittle away at Water Pokemon I can't hit with Surf and Surf hits for STAB.

@Focus Sash, Effect Spore, Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

Counter
Spore
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Hahahahahahaahaha!!!!!1!! Parasect! In OU? OMFGWTFLOL! No, don't laugh. This Parasect actually has beaten many a Tyranitar and Gyarados with Counter. Spore lets it status a switch in, SD to boost its average Attack stat and X-Scissor to hit stuff. Really a gimmick, but its really good at paralysing things like rampaging Garchomps. My only problem is SR. I don't have a Spinner. :( Should I get Impish instead? Even with reduced damage, it lets me use Counter a bit more.

Things that annoy this team:

Weavile: It screws Bronzong over, and has SE attacks to hit everything in my team. Really need help on this one, I have to beat it with prediction, no sure fire way.
Blissey: The team's really based on Sp Attacks, so, the pink blob walls a lot. Only actual hope is Tran or Parasect.
Milotic and Suicune: Both Bulky Waters, both annoying.
Electric types in general: I don't have a Ground type. :( Egg and Parasect resist, but neither is meant for Sponging them.
Garchomp: I need Sunny Day to beat it, otherwise, it rampages. Scarfed ones I guess can be handled by Parasect switching in on EQs. 4x Resist. Bronzong with GB to an extent since most Chomps try to Fire Fang/Fire Blast me.

That's pretty much it.

Other things that annoy this team:

Residual Damage: It wears down the team, especially Parasect. I have no way of recovering either.
Status: The only thing that can actually absorb is Zong, and he usually gets slept by lead Gengars.
Lack of Paralysis support: I have to rely on Effect Spore, and w/o it, the team's dead Slow. Without Sun or Rain, the team rolls over and dies.

Strategy:

This team's really straightforward. Either you win with a rampaging Sun abuser early on, or lose because of the team's lack of Speed. There have been a few close calls, but most of them, Ludicolo and the more defensive Pokemon were left.

There you go, RMT.

I don't understand why you have trick room. When you use sunny day it only hurts you so get rid of it for gyro ball or something.

Your team is pretty weak to infernape. It can OHKO like 4 out of 6 of your members and your best chance is ludicolo.... I recommend switching out some of your members and adding an infernape counter (vaporeon, tentacruel, etc.). Your best option as of now is just to explode on one..

Stick with only one weather. You will have to set up both sunny day and rain dance which may cost you crucial turns.

You've got too much going on in your team, as Dexterity said.

Sun, Trick Room, Rain. Its OTT (over the top).

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
You seem to use Trick Room on all of your teams, from the last RMT to this one, you got to understand that not everything benefits from it. Gyro Ball over Trick Room on Bronzong should help you out, so you don't get walled by Gengar and can actually do something to Tyranitar and Dragons in general. I would also suggest going with the 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpDef on Bronzong if you really want alot of Special Defense. HP Fighting on Houndoom should be allright, it should allow you to hit Blissey somewhat better (lol) and you still hit incoming Heatran and Tyranitars.

Will-O-Wisp is really a waste on ScarfTran, you're better off with Earth Power because when other Heatran see that yours does not have a Heatran they can abuse switch ins to power up themselves. Again, you are trying to have 3 weather abusers here, it's not gonna work, so I would suggest putting more Def on Ludicolo and give it HP Electric and Surf so you don't have problems with Gyarados and other Fire pokemon. I really don't like this team, it has many problems, movesets in general

Not only should you focus on one weather effect and Trick Room(not two weather effects and trick room), but the pokemon on this team seem to waste their turns. For example, sure, Houndoom can do a lot of damage with Overheat, but Flash Fire pokes waste your time and great a free switchin. If it is something like Heatran, you must predict a perfect switch and send in your own Heatran, who is also weak to Earth Power so that may not work. Having choiced pokemon on weather teams seems like fail to me.

Then there is Leaf Storm on Exeggutor. For a sweeper, I think this is a poor choice. It will lower your special attack and then what? You must switch out and you lose another turn. Grass Knot>Leaf Storm for sure.

Don't use Trick Room as it will conflict with your team and you haven't tailored(lack of speed EVs, -Speed nature, etc) any pokemon towards it.

May I suggest Block over Gyro Ball? On a suicidal lead, it can be used to trap an opponent before Exploding, in case the opponent packs a defensive Pokemon and outpredicts you. Its usefulness is negligible, but I just thought I could suggest it - you may not be using Gyro Ball as often as you think.

Oh yeah, and I also think you should remove Trick Room as well.

Yeah, I guess Sun, Rain and TR was OTT. I scrapped what most of the suggestions were, and will try this new editted team. Thanks. Any more comments BTW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)