A Retired Team Comes Back with a Vengence!

So this was the first team I have ever made. It completly demolished other teams and I loved it. After a few months its glory days were behind it. I had no idea what happened. All of the sudden the losses started to catch up with the wins and so I decided to retire this team. I really missed this team so I decided to bring it out of retirement and get some of your advice to help restore this team to its former glory. I am completly iopen to critism (did I spell that right?) So lets get started, shall we?​

Nature: Jolly
4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force​

Earthquake
Hammer Arm
U-Turn
Stone Edge​

This is a really good lead. It can outspeed almost anything and either U-Turn out to Armaldo or to KO the pokemon straight up. Landorus also acts as my revenge killer. He usually comes back and picks off a pokemon here and there. He can however be easily blocked by disable gengar and other annoying sets like toxic stalling.​

Nature: Modest
252 Hp/ 68 SpA/ 128 Spd/ 68 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate​

Wish
Psychic
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse​

This is my... bulky offensive wish supporter. I almost never use wish so im kinda lookin for a replacement move (it would be better if it was a support move but...) It's evs are all over the place because I really wasnt sure what it is going to accomplish, It would be wierd to have two bulky special sweepers (the other bieng Rotom-W) I just use him to hit all the pokemon that I cant usually hit supper effectively (rain teams, dragons and fightings) Any help giving this guy some direction?​

Nature: Jolly
128 Hp/ 252 Att/ 128 Spe
Ability: Defiant​

Sucker Punch
Substitute
Swords Dance
Brick Break​

This guy is so awesome. I cant really say that it sweeps teams all the time but it can still act as another revenge killer with sucker punch. It hides behind a substitute and ten spams swords dance untill it breaks I then just sucker punch my way to victory. HUMPH! and they say bisharp is outclassed...​

Nature: Modest
252 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Ability: Levitate​

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Dark Pulse
Hidden Power Fire​

This guy is my check and counter to almost everything. It hits pesky steel types with hidden power fire (which nobody expects). Basically his job is to hit a variety of types hard. He is actually so important to my team that if he goes down...all the things he checks can pick the rest of my team off. I was hoping that some of his burden can be put on Latias's shoulders.​

Nature: Adamant
252 Hp/ 4 Att/ 252 Def
Ability: Swift Swim​

X-Scizzor
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin​

Here is the most underrated rapid spinner on my team. For barely any attck investment he can nearly OHKO any pokemon weak to X-Scizzor. He has a good ability against rain teams and can setup stealth rocks. The only thing is that he has a weakness to entry hazards (ironic isnt it?) I dont really need rapid spin support so I dont really need him as much as I need bisharp or Rotom-W. However he does have great synergy with my team but I am thinking of replacing him with Roserade. Do you think roserade is a good choice for my team? I love that it has aromatherapy.​

Nature: Careful
252 Hp/ 252 Att/ 4 SpD
Ability: Guts​

Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Stone Edge​

Alright so he can switch into status inducing moves (which my team has a problem with) Then he moves onto kickin ass after a few bulk ups. My only complaint about this beast of a clown is that he is soooooooooooo slow. Cant really do anything about that i suppose because ev investment wouldnt help really.​

So that is my team and I hope you enjoy this original team! Please give me your ideas because i know you have them!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello, and welcome to Smogon!

First off I can notice some nitpicks that really need to be addressed. I suggest you go with a EV spread of 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef Adamant on Conkelldurr instead to increase it's special bulk, which is more important after a Bulk Up is used. I also suggest using 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spe Modest @ Leftovers Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split which is simply more effective than your other spread and move choices. I also highly suggest you go with a Naive nature on Landorus, along with Hidden Power Ice over Hammer Arm, which offers no additional coverage whatsoever. I also suggest running 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe Timid @ Leftovers Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Fire / Recover / Calm Mind for Latias, who now can put an end to the annoying VoltTurn core. Energy Ball is a useless move on Latias, as it offers no additional coverage at all.

The other two members of the team, Armaldo and Bisharp, are not exactly very viable in the metagame aside from a couple of niches. Which is why I really suggest you replace them entirely. I suggest replacing the Armaldo with Jirachi who provides Stealth Rock still, while taking on the dragon types that are all over this metagame. He also provides Wish support which is very helpful for a team like this, while also providing a secondary check to Tornadus -T. In place of Bisharp, I suggest trying Swords Dance Lucario in place of Bisharp. It plays a very similar role to Bisharp in a Swords Dance, while forming a decent fighting duo with Conkelldurr in eliminating each others counters, while giving the team some priority on the side. Lucario is better than Bisharp thanks to it's typing and offensive stats, granting it more overall viability in the OU metagame. Priority not depending on an attacking move is also good.

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
252 HP / 224 SDef / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish

Lucario @ Life Orb | Inner Focus
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch
- Extremespeed

I completly agree on replacing armaldo with another pokemon but instead of jirachi i would really love to have a pokemon with heal bell or aromatherapy, status has really been giving me a lot of trouble and my team doest really care about entry hazards at all. Wish support is not something that I absolutely need but it is a nice bonus. Any Sugesstions?

On another note I took up the moveset on Landorus and the ev spread on Latias and Conkledurr. They are fantastic thank you so much and keep posting!

Since you don't want Jirachi, I suggest Chansey or Blissey, your choice. Each can learn Stealth Rock, Wish, and Heal Bell all together in one set, as well as replacing Jirachi as secondary Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T checks.

Set:

Chansey/Blissey @ Eviolite (Chansey)/Leftovers (Blissey)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef (An adaptation of shrang's spread for Wishpassing - max Wishes with balanced defenses)
Nature: Bold / Calm (Whichever you prefer, I'd say Calm)
-SR
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Seismic Toss / Thunder Wave / Protect (Each has its uses)

Hope I helped there. Very original team, but PDC's help should literally help a lot. I'm just catering to your preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)