A team created through sweat and blood

Hello. This is my current team that has been doing well for quite some time. It's gotten me on the leaderboard quite easily, and I find it a lot of fun to play with. The general strategy is to wear down on Lucario's counters with Sand Stream, Stealth Rock, and with the rest of my team.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I don't see why this is BL anymore. It may not be the powerhouse that it was in Advance thanks to the advent of choice scarf, but it is excellent with supporting certain teams. QuakeSlide makes its way onto the set for superior type coverage over any other combination of two moves Aerodactyl has without sacraficing too much power(Ice Fang). Stealth Rock is first priority! With less teams running Rapid spin to combat this, it usually stays for the entirety of the match. Taunt stops the other team from setting up on aerodactyl, and makes some starters very near wothless(Hippowdon).

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/80 Def/88 SAtk
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

I've been toying around with the EVs for some time, and I absolutely love the final result. After putting max attack, i just put enough EVs to 2HKO Hippowdon and OHKO Gliscor. The defense EVs allow him to take a single Adamant Garchomp's Earthquake. QuakeSlide is again present, but now with Pursuit to help with Starmie and Azelf that usually give me so much trouble. Ice Beam is also there to stop physical walls, namely Gliscor and Hippowdon, from stopping Lucario. In general, it hits a lot of things hard and super-effective while bringing Sand Stream to the field, making it a great staple to the team.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt

Shadow ball and Focus Blast hits everything neutral in the game, while Hypnosis helps to knock downa a pokemon and lets me beat Blissey 1-on-1(assuming I don't miss). Thunderbolt was used over anything else as an extra way to deal with Gyarados.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP/96 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise

Clears the way of most steels and has perfect synergy against Bronzong starters with Aerodactyl. It also has many useful resists that are very useful to the team as a whole.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

The standard YacheChomp with a small twist: mine holds Dragon Claw over the usual Fire Fang cause, hopefully, Magnezone should have cleared the way of most steels. It helps to hit certain things without getting locked into Outrage.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Only the focus of the team: once everything has been worn down, Lucario comes in to sweep. Close Combat destroys anything slower while Extremespeed hits faster pokemon. Bullet Punch hits thouse resistant/ immune to Extremespeed. If anyone has a decent EV spread I can use over my current one that would benefit the team more, it would be welcome.

---------------------------------------------

Threat List
Yes, stolen from Earthworm's RMT, with a few edits of my own
Edit: Not updated
Garchomp:
---SD Garchomp: Gengar can outspeed and deal a lot of damage with Shadow Ball, putting it into KO range for Lucario. My own Garchomp can go for a speed tie, and Tyranitar can take Yache versions(by at least knocking off the Yache berry) before an SD.
---Choiced Garchomp: Prediction in general. If it's taken enough damage, Scarfed ones can be used as setup fodder for Lucario to SD and KO with E-Speed. Jirachi can take anything but EQ, which Gengar comes in on quite well.
---Sub Garchomp: I usually don't switch from Garchomp, as the threat of a free sub is scarier to my team than a free SD. But what applied to regular SD chomp applies here.
---Chain Chomp: Not fast enough to beat my Garchomp, and with a -Sp. defense nature, Gengar knocks it out, too.

Gengar:
---Life Orb Gengar: I usually have to use smart switches to wear it down and hope to bring it into Bullet Punch range for Lucario. If it doesn't have Focus Blast, Tyranitar can Pursuit.
---Scarf Gengar: It can kill something, but then Tyranitar comes in right afterwards :3
---Subbing Gengar: The most annoying thing ever. I have to use Jirachi to break the sub and hope to not get 2HKOed or put to sleep. Then Lucario can hopefully get a Bullet punch in. Gengar can also go for a speed tie, but that's usually my last option.

Blissey:
---Standard: Tyranitar can come in and threaten, but in truth can't do much back. But I can force a recovery and bring in Lucario.
---WishBliss: Flamethrower/ Toxic versions are annoying, but Gengar can come in a wreck a bit of havock. Destiny Bond/ explosion always works too.
---CMBliss: Read "Standard".

Gyarados:
---Bulky Gyarados: I ALWAYS Taunt starting Gyarados. Stealth rock hinders them somewhat, and Sand Stream isn't too kind either. Draco Meteor and SE from chomp do a lot too.
--STalk Gyarados: This can be annoying, but constant SEs from Garchomp can keep it at bay. If it forgoes Waterfall for Ice Fang(to hit Water Absorbers), then Tyranitar can take it down.
---Choiced Gyarados: I lol @ Scarf version, but Band is a more serious matter. I just have to use my super-awesome-special prediction skills to get me by(basicall, anything but EQ is Jiraci, EQ is Gengar).
---Life Orb Sweeper Gyarados: If it gets a DD and has Ice Fang/ Waterfall/ EQ, I'm doomed T.T. I can only pray that residual damage and Lucario's E-Speed will kill it. I'm always afraid of these, which is why I usually just attack it and don't let it get free DDs in the first place.

Tyranitar:
---BOAH: It can't set up a Sub on anything, and doesn't threaten a KO without Focus Punch.
---DDTar: Again, it has to set up first to pose a problem.
---Choiced Tyranitar: Band versions are easily KOed and can be worked around, while Scarf versions that beat my Gengar are much scarier. Again, I just have to work with my resistances. Lucario resists Ice Beam, Crunch, and Stone Edge, while taking neutral from T-Bolt. Earthquake is a problem, but only when Gengar is gone.

Lucario:
---SDLuke: It doesn't set up on a lot, because it would otherwise run through my team.
---SpecsLuke: Resistances/ immunities. In general, the combination of Tyranitar/ Gengar can take it.
---Agili/MixLuke: with no EQ, Jirachi can come in and threaten to paralyze. everything can usually OHKO Luke, however, so it doesn't set up a lot.

Heatran:
---SpecsTran: Tyranitar/ Gengar can take all of it's moves.
---Life Orb Heatran: Garchomp(don't come in on Lava Plume/ HP Ice!)
---ScarfTran: Read specs
---ResTalk Tran: Garchomp can come in on a Rest, and the only thing it takes status from, Gengar, can OHKO it with Focus Blast.

Bronzong:
---CMZong: Never seen it, but I can see it posing a problem. If it's a RestTalk CM+ Falsh Cannon set, Lucario will SD forever and knock it into oblivion.
---Rain Dance Bronzong: Tyranitar comes in after it blows itself up and kills something.
---Trick Room Bronzong: Again, Tyranitar comes in after blowing itself up. However, Bronzongs are usually starters and I can just Taunt them to stop their set ups.

Salamence:
---SpecsMence: Jirachi comes in on Dragon moves, Tyranitar on Fire, and I have yet to see one use Hydro Pump on something not named Tyranitar.
---MixMence: I try to force a Roost or Brick break and go to Garchomp.
---DDMence: Tyranitar can take a plus one EQ w/o LO and KO back with Ice Beam: but it usually doesn't get a DD, anyway.
---CBMence: Jirachi + Gengar.

Metagross:
---CBGross: Jirachi + gengar(I'm starting to get lazy, so forgive me).
---ScarfGross: Jirachi + gengar
---Life Orb Pure Physical Gross: Bring Lucario in on a Bullet Punch aimed for Gengar. or just stay in and KO it. Whatever I feel like atm.
---AgiliGross: Problematic, especially with Leftovers.
---MixGross: without any walls to break, it's just a weaker version of LOGross.

Infernape:
---SDNape: Hope to wear it down with SR + SS and KO with Luke.
---MixNape: ditto
---ScarfNape: ditto T.T

Weavile: Jirachi can come in on most version, though LO ones scare me. CB ones are general setup fodder for Lucario.

Swampert: Taunt starting ones, but it can give me problems if I haven't SDed with Lucario yet.

Skarmory: Aerodactyl taunts it, Garchomp Fire Blasts, Tyranitar can play mindgames between SEing or EQing roosts. Lucario can set up SDs on it while Gengar can OHKO with Focus Blast.

Gliscor: Tyranitar and Garchomp can bait + destroy it. Gengar beats it too.

Starmie: TYRANITAR PURSUITS THE DUMB BITCH!!!!

Celebi: Gengar can come in on a Leech Seed, SR, or anything not called T-Wave and pose a threat. Garchomp can come in on T-Wave and 2HKO.

Forretress: Garchomp OHKOs, as does Lucario after an SD and gengar.

Cresselia: Gengar + TTar severily limit it's success.

Togekiss: Garchomp can pretend to be chainChomp and KO with SR, SS, and SE. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Heracross:
---CBCross: Gengar on STAB moves, while Garchomp can come in on SE. Tyranitar/ Lucario can take Night Slash. Jirachi is the safest 1st switch-in, not being 2HKOed by Scarf versions and OHKOing after a defense drop.
---ScarfCross: read above.
---Setup Cross: Garchomp can deal damage with Fire Blast, leaving it in range for Lucario or Gengar(if no Salac).

Jirachi: Tyranitar takes it pretty good.

Breloom: DON'T LET IT SUB! Let it sleep something and bring in Gengar.

Vaporeon: Garchomp 2HKOs, Lucario can set up on it and OHKO back, Jirachi can use it as wishpass-fodder.

Electivire: I have no electric moves, so good luck with him :3

Hippowdon: Taunted and 2HKOed by the thing it's most used to counter: Tyranitar and garchomp.

Azelf: Wear it down till Lucario can kill it.

Snorlax: Lucario owns any version.

Mamoswine: Jolly LO versions can give me trouble. I pray to god Gengar survives to OHKO back with Focus Blast. Lucario can take a chunk of HP with Super Effective Bullet Punch, after some residual damage.

Scizor: CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!

Porygon-z: Tyranitar takes most versions, with Gengar and Garchomp able to revenge kill.

Magnezone: What is it going to do? At most, it can come in on Jirachi, force a U-Turn for a sub. it may kill something, but It won't do much after that.

Yanmega: SR and SS own it, and Lucario can KO after a little more residual damage.

Zapdos: Same as Yanmega, except not to that extent. After 2 SR switch-ins and SS keeping Leftovers away, Garchomp can KO with SE. Tyranitar is the safest switch-in, OHKOing with SE and EQing a Roost.

Suicune: Have to wear it down and maybe take it with gengar's Destiny Bond.

Machamp: I hate it -.-' Confusion is gay, but most things on the team can manhandle it pretty well.

Ninjask: Read Yanmega. Can be Taunted.

Gallade: Unpredictable. I don't see too many, but I know SD + Shadow Sneak versions get the better of me.

Mismagius: SS takes away any ideas of Sub + CM, while Jirachi can continuously come in and pray on it's lower defense with zen Headbutt.

Kingdra: Tyranitar after a Rain Dance for the revenge kill. though it doesn't get many opportunities to set up one.

Abomasnow: Everything kills it lol.

Umbreon: Lucario says hi all day long.

Alakazam: Tyranitar on anything but Focus Blast and Pursuit: Lucario can easily KO with E-Speed.

Charizard: SR and SS neuter any idea of belly drumming, but I have to be careful to keep SR on the feild for it.

Aerodactyl: sad to say, doesn't hit hard enough =/. Support ones like mine are futile, as my team doesn't care about SR.

Raikou: Tyranitar takes any version without HP Fighting(do people ever use that?).

I've always found Destiny Bond great for surprise kills on Gengar, especially against CMers, but I guess that's just me. You could try out Taunt to make Blissey cry when you've used your Hypnosis and allow a free switch-in for Lucario or Tyranitar (I think. I don't know how well that'd work in practice) or WoW to cripple Metagross and other random physical sweepers.

Haha special chomp FTW!

I guess WoW or tbolt on gengar. If for some reason aero goes down you can always use gengar to take gyara out. On my gengar i have focus punch to rape blissey, although you seem to want to use focus blast for that. I've always had bad luck with the misses. Other than that little move slot dilemma this is a pretty solid team.

I've always found Destiny Bond great for surprise kills on Gengar, especially against CMers, but I guess that's just me. You could try out Taunt to make Blissey cry when you've used your Hypnosis and allow a free switch-in for Lucario or Tyranitar (I think. I don't know how well that'd work in practice) or WoW to cripple Metagross and other random physical sweepers.
The thing is that Gengar would be better off killing the Sp. Attackers coming in rather than trying to cripple them: it especially lets Heracross come in a wreck havok. Taunt works to stop Sleep Talkers also, but other than that it has limited use.

Haha special chomp FTW!

I guess WoW or tbolt on gengar. If for some reason aero goes down you can always use gengar to take gyara out. On my gengar i have focus punch to rape blissey, although you seem to want to use focus blast for that. I've always had bad luck with the misses. Other than that little move slot dilemma this is a pretty solid team.
I may run T-bolt because of my abnormal Gyara weak, which is probably going to be exploited more because of Husk's new team >.>

Thanks for the replies!

I really love this team. Not the individual pokemon or the movesets or anything specific, I really just appreciate the synergy involved between each team member and the way the whole team in its entirety comes together to finish off a battle. I've battled you once before and you destroyed me.

I really can't help much at all because you built this team exactly to suit your needs but i'll comment on each pokemon regardless and attempt to fix whatever could use an adjustment.

Aerodactyl: There's really not much to suggest here, obviously you and astral projection use the same set and its proven very effective. I prefer using crobat for similar purposes, favoring a starting hypnosis over setting up stealth rocks as I have a separate team member for that job. Aero works for your team, there's no change possible here.

Tyranitar: Again, irreplacable and nearly unchangable. Your EVs are crafted precisely for the purpose you want to achieve and so there's really no change here.

Gengar: Standard sweeping gengar. Destiny bond is fantastic for the fourth move but I still see thunderbolt as more useful in the long run if not only to add another counter to gyara. You have no electric moves across the entire board and an extra move to deal with bulky waters, particularly suicune who's supposedly giving you problems and opposing flyers isn't something you should pass up on.

Jirachi: I'm really thinking this is a replacable spot on your team. I understand the typing is probably really useful providing a psychic resist for deoxys and a rock resist for aerodactyl but at the same time it adds to your fire and ground weakness. I really do suggest wobbuffet in this spot. Wish doesn't entirely help your team too much as you have no bulky sweepers who'd be able to stay in for prolonged periods of time; on the contrary, your sweepers are rather frail and aim more at getting rid of opposition in a minimum amount of time. wobbuffet too can counter deoxys - S with ease and will generally take out 2 team members at a time, something jirachi could never hope to do, and at the same time rids you of extra weaknesses your team falls to. Wobbuffet's 2 weaknesses, bug and dark, are easily handled by EACH of your other team members as both are resisted by several members of your team.

Let's see
Dark: Tyranitar, Lucario
Bug: Aerodactyl, Lucario, Gengar, Garchomp.

You've got it all covered. And encoring potential set-up pokemon is something you just shouldn't have to miss out on. Consider Wob as a replacement option for Jirachi.

Garchomp: An unorthodox set, but if it works, it works. I'm not sure skarmory, gliscor and zapdos warrant the use of this moveset for garchomp, and i might suggest a regular CB chomp, considering you have plenty of ways to deal with each of the "threats" you listed this pokemon counters.

Zapdos: Stone edge from any regular garchomp, Aero Rock Slide, Tyranitar Stone Edge
Skarmory: Gengar Thunderbolt, Fireblast from your traditional Garchomp(while not OHKOing, will 2HKO, which is enough considering skarmory has absolutely nothign to threaten this team with)
Gliscor: A CB outrage will 2HKO this without requiring a switch afterwards, Gengar beats it 1 on 1 and tyranitar and lure it in and ice beam its switch-ins.

I just see a CB chomp as a much safer, more useful member to this team.

Lucario: Standard, no fixes here, centerpiece of your team and rightfully so. I already mentioned this but I really like the way this team centers on clearing the field by focusing on specific pokemon each of your team members can hand and then leaving the rest to one of your sweepers so as to clean up the rest of the battle.

Beautiful team. Whether you take my suggestions or not I really admire the way you've built it.

Good job

I really love this team. Not the individual pokemon or the movesets or anything specific, I really just appreciate the synergy involved between each team member and the way the whole team in its entirety comes together to finish off a battle. I've battled you once before and you destroyed me.

I really can't help much at all because you built this team exactly to suit your needs but i'll comment on each pokemon regardless and attempt to fix whatever could use an adjustment.

Aerodactyl: There's really not much to suggest here, obviously you and astral projection use the same set and its proven very effective. I prefer using crobat for similar purposes, favoring a starting hypnosis over setting up stealth rocks as I have a separate team member for that job. Aero works for your team, there's no change possible here.

Tyranitar: Again, irreplacable and nearly unchangable. Your EVs are crafted precisely for the purpose you want to achieve and so there's really no change here.

Gengar: Standard sweeping gengar. Destiny bond is fantastic for the fourth move but I still see thunderbolt as more useful in the long run if not only to add another counter to gyara. You have no electric moves across the entire board and an extra move to deal with bulky waters, particularly suicune who's supposedly giving you problems and opposing flyers isn't something you should pass up on.

Jirachi: I'm really thinking this is a replacable spot on your team. I understand the typing is probably really useful providing a psychic resist for deoxys and a rock resist for aerodactyl but at the same time it adds to your fire and ground weakness. I really do suggest wobbuffet in this spot. Wish doesn't entirely help your team too much as you have no bulky sweepers who'd be able to stay in for prolonged periods of time; on the contrary, your sweepers are rather frail and aim more at getting rid of opposition in a minimum amount of time. wobbuffet too can counter deoxys - S with ease and will generally take out 2 team members at a time, something jirachi could never hope to do, and at the same time rids you of extra weaknesses your team falls to. Wobbuffet's 2 weaknesses, bug and dark, are easily handled by EACH of your other team members as both are resisted by several members of your team.

Let's see
Dark: Tyranitar, Lucario
Bug: Aerodactyl, Lucario, Gengar, Garchomp.

You've got it all covered. And encoring potential set-up pokemon is something you just shouldn't have to miss out on. Consider Wob as a replacement option for Jirachi.

Garchomp: An unorthodox set, but if it works, it works. I'm not sure skarmory, gliscor and zapdos warrant the use of this moveset for garchomp, and i might suggest a regular CB chomp, considering you have plenty of ways to deal with each of the "threats" you listed this pokemon counters.

Zapdos: Stone edge from any regular garchomp, Aero Rock Slide, Tyranitar Stone Edge
Skarmory: Gengar Thunderbolt, Fireblast from your traditional Garchomp(while not OHKOing, will 2HKO, which is enough considering skarmory has absolutely nothign to threaten this team with)
Gliscor: A CB outrage will 2HKO this without requiring a switch afterwards, Gengar beats it 1 on 1 and tyranitar and lure it in and ice beam its switch-ins.

I just see a CB chomp as a much safer, more useful member to this team.

Lucario: Standard, no fixes here, centerpiece of your team and rightfully so. I already mentioned this but I really like the way this team centers on clearing the field by focusing on specific pokemon each of your team members can hand and then leaving the rest to one of your sweepers so as to clean up the rest of the battle.

Beautiful team. Whether you take my suggestions or not I really admire the way you've built it.

Good job
Holy crap that's a lot of text! o.o

Thank you for taking your time on that and glad you remembered me =D

I'll work on a better solution than Wobby since it is definately going back to ubers.

Team is well built, but it looks like if anything gets passed any speed, you could be in trouble. For example a rock polish glicisor, or a ninjask that is used after aero is gone. Great team, better built than mine, but a speed boosted gyara is trouble.

I already mentioned in my threat list how Gyarados is trouble. And anything passed enough speed can give any team trouble.

But I did update the team a bit: Magnezone went over Jirachi, and YacheChomp overtook my MixChomp. Yache can take down Gliscor, anyway. :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)