A Toxic Spikes Team. (OU)

So I'm really bored and thought I'd post my most recent team here. :D
The general strategy of this team is to weaken the oponents team via Toxic Spikes, eliminate Lucario's counters and then sweep.
Here it is:

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Roserade gives sleep support with sleep powder, as well as setting up toxic spikes. I generally Sleep Powder on the first team, and then set up t-spikes while they slumber switch. The timid nature is for the needed speed boost, since I'm not using any physical attacks. The EVs maximize speed and SpA, because those are the only stats Roserade really needs. The Focus Sash is for leads like Azelf who attack, only for me to hang on by a focus sash and put them to sleep. Grass Knot is good for Swampert leads and other bulky waters. HP [Fire] is for Scizors and Forretress who often switch into me. I've tried both Uxie and Swampert in this spot. Uxie made it easier to set up toxic spikes, along with SR. Plus it helped Lucario set up with Memento. The lead Swampert didn't work very well though.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail
Tyranitar really helps to have on the team. I have a bit of a Rotom-h weakness, so he helps with that. Plus I love switching him in on Psychic attacks aimed at Roserade or Gengar, and then Pursuiting the opponent as they flee. Aqua Tail gives good coverage, Stone Edge gives STAB, Pursuit is amazing- has STAB, and I've already kind of talked about why else. Crunch is good for things that probably won't switch out, but are still weak against dark. The sandstorm really helps wear away at my opponents as well. Adamant nature since Tyranitar isn't particularly fast, and its attack is insane. The EVs give me a bit of speed, lots of attack, and some bulkiness too.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Swampert is amazing for a team with toxic spikes. Often I can really let residual damage build up by using roar, and it's nice for phazing. Earthquake is nice, because since Swampert is my electric resist I can generally KO back with earthquake, if for some reason they don't switch. Due to Swampert's bulkiness it can survive for a very long time, and really helps residual damage build up. Swampert also sets up Stealth Rocks which really help.
---

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
Since my team relies so heavily on Toxic Spikes, a spin blocker was necessary. I had just recently read a warstory with a substitute Gengar in it and it inspired me to try one. It's amazing. Leftovers help to shrug off substitute damage over time. Shadow Ball for STAB. Focus Blast for steels, normals and whatnot. Thunderbolt for Gyara and whatnot. Gengar also lures out Scizors (since Bullet Punch OHKOs), and since Bullet Punch does less than 10% to Magnezone I can safely switch there, outspeed and OHKO with Hidden Power [Fire]. Only problem is when they Pursuit instead of bullet punching.
---

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Lets see, what's immune to toxic spikes...? Steels and Flyings (and things with levitate ._<)? Magnezone is perfect for both. I find that Scarfzone is the best Magnezone set as I'll always outspeed Scizor, and it can help with revenge killing. Thunderbolt is there for flying and water types (and STAB, if I don't know what to use, I generally just go with thunderbolt). Hidden Power [Fire] really helps with Scizor and other steels. Flash Cannon is good for rock and ice types, and stab. Explosion is so that when I'm nearly dead I can generally take something with me. I chose a Naive nature over Timid, so that Explosion would do more damage.
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
Swords Dance Lucario is the clean-up sweeper for my team. Uxie generally allows it to set up, and then I can finish off their weakened team with Extremespeed. Close Combat helps with those things I outspeed, but have lots of health left or are fighting weak. Crunch kills the ghosts who are otherwise immune to my attacks. Life orb is for the added damage, and he Jolly nature is because a lot of Smogon sets run "just enough speed to outspeed an adamant SD lucario".
---

Hope you enjoyed, please be nice about rating. D:
This team is okay, but I'd like some help with it. Thanks!

I like the team and the idea around it. Reading about the team it looks like all the candidates you want are bulky or take out SD Lukes counters. With the set you have on Luke there are a few problems that it needs to overcome. Gyarados with intimidate can cripple it (You've got a counter but im going over reasoning). Salamence also poses a problem for the same reason and it can OHKO it with EQ. Both of these resist your hazards and can set up on the right things. Celebi (the offensive variants) are murderous to Luke as they outspeed it and he has to have at least 2 SDs to overcome one with extremespeed. Those are really the only glaring threats I can see and I will get to my recomendation in a second.

The other part of your philosophy seemed to suggest bulkyness to increase toxic spikes damage. Gengar seemed to be the only thing in opposition to that and seems to be just thrown onto the team. However being the sub set it does provide some bulk. If you are so afraid of Scizors pursuiting the Gengar then add HP Fire over energy ball or focus blast. However this change may be entirely irrelevant.

My main suggestion is to replace Gengar with Rotom-H of the following set.
Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat

Or the sub SpA boosting set straight off smogons analysis if you want a sub ghost. The reasons I recomend this are numerous. This set is more resistant to pursuiters as many have something to lose... TTar loses the least but after a WoW pursuit is not going to be doing much (only if you dont have the spikes down yet though). The more important is this set can destroy many of lucarios counters. Celebi can be killed on the switch but that is the most difficult. You could also run a choice scarf to allow it to outspeed most celebi. However this will ruin gyarados and also salamence with Tbolt and WoW. Scizor is not going to touch this set but depending on what you want that is good or bad. Scizor is probably still going to come out at some point so I dont think its too much of a problem that Scizor is not baited into coming out. Otherwise good team and I think it would work either way.

Adding to the Rotom-H suggestion I would actually go with a set of sub, thunderbolt,shadow ball, w-o-w. You can use the same EVs from the boosting sweeper or try your own spread but focus on bulk. This can switch in safely to quite a few threats and can cripple anything that switches in without having to worry about burning a pokemon that would have been easier to take out with toxic damage. Electric and Ghost provide really good coverage and get STAB. The rest of the team looks really good. On a lesser scale, I think you could try fitting in a CB pursuiter in order to get rid of aromatheropy users such as Blissey and Celebi who can stop your strat. right away. I would go with Tyranitar since he will add to damaging the opponents team with ss. You could move Swampert as the lead since Uxie is just setting up screens.

Swampert@leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/ 228 Def/ 28 SAtk
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-SR
-Protect

The Evs allow for maximum bulk while still being able to OHKO standard Salamence with Ice Beam. Earthquake is for STAB and gets decent coverage when paired with Ice. SR is to help hit fliers who are immune to toxic spikes while protect helps scout for choice users, block explosion, provide extra recovery, and help stall with toxic spikes.

Tyranitar is a great option for this team but you can also test with Scizor who can utilize U-Turn to provide safer switches for guys like Gengar. Scizor also has less weaknesses than Ttar. Lastly, I would give Lucario Adamant to allow him to get those OHKOs on guys like Bronzong who will survive a +2 Close Combat with a Jolly nature. Jolly is more useful when you have Ice Punch. Though don't add it in as most Gliscors are faster than Lucario and almost every Salamence is max speed. Gl

Those are some great suggestions guys, thanks. :'D
I'm a bit busy right now but I'm going to be sure to test the following changes when I have a bit more time:
Uxie to Swampert.
Swampert to Tyranitar.
Gengar to Rotom-h (probably nickoboy1992's set, not sure though).
And as for the Scizor problem, I've never had problems with Magnezone (I either revenge kill with HP fire or switch on a bullet punch aimed at gengar, since I outspeed with the scarf).

Looks to me that a Scarf Rotom could give your team alot of trouble. A Rotom-H with Tbolt / Shadow Ball / Overheat can outspeed and severly damage everyone on your team. The best way to remove this threat would be a strong Pursuiter. If you can lure it into Shadow Balling with Uxie / Swampert / Gengar, then you can bring in Scizor or TTar with virtual immunity. TTar can also come in on Overheat and Pursuit it and Sandstorm shouldn't be a huge detriment to your team since you have a couple Steels, a Ground, and lots of Leftovers.

Yeah, I was just about to try a Tyranitar, see the post above yours?
Thanks though. :) I'm not sure how well it'll work without Uxie though, as Uxie lets Lucario set up late game with Memento (and screens, if Uxie has enough health left).
EDIT: I don't think the team improved much. With Gengar gone, Swampert rapes my team. Without Uxie, Lucario has a hard time setting up. And I don't really like the swampert lead. I like Tyranitar though.
:/

if you depend so much on t-spikes, have a back up spiker such as tentacruel or foretress. Skarmory could help with regular spikes, and hazing with whirlwind.

you say that you get rid of all of lukes counters than sweep, but you dont have a counter to gengar. It will beat ttar with focus blast, luke with the same, zone with focus blast again, gengar with shadow ball and roserade with hp ice/fire. Swampert is also beaten by shadow ball if it has taken a hit. (im talking bout a scarfgar)

A salamence would sweep your whole team if it gets a dd or two in and if luke is gone.

I would say to use a scizor over something to ko gengar with bp if it stays in and bp if it switches. An absol/honchkrow could also be helpful.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)