Ability Unity!

I don't know if we should mess with abilities that change Pokemon's forms. If we do that, wouldn't this technically be a pet-mod?

We need to ban stance change if we are gonna ban flower gift or we unban flower gift forecast and zen mode.
Yet another thing I forgot to ban.
Delphox-z would have 75/114/75/69/75/126 Base Stats which means we have all zen forms accounted for.
Edit: terrible physical movepool being forced into:Flame Charge/Return/Power Up Punch/Thief
sqrtEdit: Would Fire/Psychics get Sheer Force?
I'm not sure that's possible... it would technically involve coding new Pokemon.
Oh, and no. Because only Darmanitan Normal has Sheer Force, and Darmanitan-Z doesn't, pure fire types will get Sheer Force.

Standard Suicune RestTalk set with Lightning Rod.
Lightning Rod Milotic.
Moxie Dragonite with Extreme Speed.
Florges/Sylveon with Intimidate/Unaware.
Unaware Snorlax.
Unaware PorygonZ.
Sheer Force Haxorus.

Some interesting sets:

Lanturn@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Bold/Calm Nature
252Hp/252Def or 252Hp/252Sdef
Ability: Levitate
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam / Rest / Thunder Wave / Thunderbolt

While you would think this is just lame, but it holds its niche: It is a cleric which can, thanks to Volt Switch, keep your momentum.
It somewhat emulates Rotom-W, switching into Ground moves and threatening them with Scald.
The EVs are a little random, but you can really fit them to your team.

Conkeldurr@Assault Vest
100Hp/152Sdef/252Atk? (idk)
Adamant Nature
Ability: Regenerator
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch / Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Our bulky Fighting type returns back with Regenerator!
Courtesy of Mienshao, it now can take powerful hits over and over, and dish them back!

With all these Too-bad-to-be-banned-but-too-OP-to-not-be-banned abilities running around, I'm thinking of adding an Ability Clause.
What do you guys think?

Thanks for all the support. :toast:

EDIT: Also, I know quite a few javascript, but I have no idea to turn this into an actual mod, so if anyone knows how I can code this or how can I implement it or which server etc. please let me know. :toast::toast:

EDIT 2: Also, I comprised the list of all Viable and Not-Viable Huge/Pure Power users here: http://pastebin.com/F2KjnjhF

Last edited:
+6 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Pure Power Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 606-713 (86 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

I know Fur Coat Chansey is banned. But look at the damage roll. With Steel types taken out (Maybe by a Magnet Pull Aggron), Linoone can wreck shit.

Last edited:
+6 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Pure Power Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 606-713 (86 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

I know Fur Coat Chansey is banned. But look at the damage roll. With Steel types taken out (Maybe by a Magnet Pull Aggron), Linoone can wreck shit.
I was about to come here to say put Linoone on the HP/PP banlist, but it seems others have already done that.

Seriously, it's broke.
It may seem overpowered at first, but there are some good counters.
Most people are forgetting that there are many counters.

252+ Atk Focus Sash Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Silk Scarf Huge Power Linoone: 393-463 (132.3 - 155.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Even if Kyurem-B only gets Pressure and Turboblaze as new abilities.

252 Atk Focus Sash Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 500-590 (168.3 - 198.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Same here.

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 41-49 (12.6 - 15.1%)
And even with 0 Defense Probopass tanks it like a boss.
252+ SpA Probopass Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Linoone: 148-175 (49.8 - 58.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
So here's something to note.

Last edited:
252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 138-163 (19.6 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
Keep in mind that nothing can run Fur Coat, plus Linoone would most likely be running Adamant with either Choice Band or Belly Drum. After a BD, Huge Power Linoone OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it, and a lot of things that do. It has a pretty ridiculous damage output.

Keep in mind that nothing can run Fur Coat, plus Linoone would most likely be running Adamant with either Choice Band or Belly Drum. After a BD, Huge Power Linoone OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it, and a lot of things that do. It has a pretty ridiculous damage output.
I realized the mistake and edited the post.
And I am using Fur Coat because DineshThePoet did in his post.

I realized the mistake and edited the post.
And I am using Fur Coat because DineshThePoet did.
I know you were, I just assumed you were using it as a counterargument which wouldn't work considering nothing can use it, whereas DineshThePoet was just using it for comparison's sake.

And about the Kyurem-Black thing: anything that depends on Sash to counter is not a true counter due to the nature of what a counter is: a Pokemon that can switch into whatever its opponent throws at it and reliably beat it no matter the circumstance. Sash can be broken just by switching into entry hazards, and any prior damage also ruins it. The only true counters to Linoone are really bulky Steel types. Not even ghosts can "counter" because they can't switch into Shadow Claw.

Last edited:
I know you were, I just assumed you were using it as a counterargument which wouldn't work considering nothing can use it, whereas DineshThePoet was just using it for comparison's sake.

And about the Kyurem-Black thing: anything that depends on Sash to counter is not a true counter due to the nature of what a counter is: a Pokemon that can switch into whatever its opponent throws at it and reliably beat it no matter the circumstance. Sash can be broken just by switching into entry hazards, and any prior damage also ruins it. The only true counters to Linoone are really bulky Steel types. Not even ghosts can "counter" because they can't switch into Shadow Claw.
Ah, I have found the problem.
I originally allowed Pokemon with 70- attack to have Huge/Pure Power. This was because I somehow thought Diggersby had 70 attack, so I was sticking to game rules.
From now all Pokemon with over 56 Attack cannot have Huge Power, not counting Azumarill etc.

Sorry for this big stupid argument, I'm just an idiot.:mad:

Ah, I have found the problem.
I originally allowed Pokemon with 70- attack to have Huge/Pure Power. Thiswas because I somehow thought Diggersby had 70 attack, so I was sticking to game rules.
From now all Pokemon with over 56 Attack cannot have Huge/Pure Power.
Sorry for this big stupid argument, I'm just an idiot.:mad:
Haha, it's all good. I was never mad, just making a case.

Normal Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard has also a ridiculos damage output in the sun (2HKO Chansey and Suicune in the sun, lel), yet it isn't broken at all. Thats because it requiers Sun and a free switch in to destroy stuff. Linoone isn't that bulky. It's not hard to do +75% damage to it. It needs a free turn and a free switch in to actually pull off that ridiculos damage roll. Not broken at all,

Normal Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard has also a ridiculos damage output in the sun (2HKO Chansey and Suicune in the sun, lel), yet it isn't broken at all. Thats because it requiers Sun and a free switch in to destroy stuff. Linoone isn't that bulky. It's not hard to do +75% damage to it. It needs a free turn and a free switch in to actually pull off that ridiculos damage roll. Not broken at all,
252+ SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 301-355 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Suicune in Sun: 408-482 (100.9 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Wow, never realized that.
But Huge Power is still banned, just to make it easier.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just gonna throw some stuff out there.

Cofagrigrigus and Dusclops both get Prankster from Mega Banette. Priority Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Memento, and Destiny Bond anyone? And oh yeah, they both get priority Haze, which completely stops set up sweepers. Their insane bulk+Haze+Will-O-Wisp will allow them to check all the dangerous set up sweepers in the tier.

Huge Power has some really good abusers, such as Linoone and Persian. Persian now gets Huge Power boosted Fake Outs, and can use an effective scout set of Fake Out, U-Turn, Knock Off, Return/Taunt. Linoone just goes to town after a Belly Drum boost, as the calcs show. You can easily set up on walls with a sub, and then procede to annhilate them after the boost. Linnone doesn't even need to boost up to be effective; STAB Extreme Speed coming off an effective base 416 attack can easily revenge kill weakened Pokes. I think were all forgetting that with Huge Power, Linoone isn't forced to run Belly Drum to actually do some damage. It can run an effective LO set to punish offensive teams, or a CB set to demolish stall teams. I mean, look at those calcs, this thing is completely broken.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 279-328 (83.5 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Aggron: 205-242 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Aggron: 123-144 (35.7 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 373-441 (105.3 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 372-438 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 766-903 (108.8 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Linoone Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Venusaur: 250-295 (68.6 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Smeargle now gets Oblivious, letting it become the ultimate hazard setter (aside from his stats though). You could even run Huge Power to try to make his attack stat usable.

Porygon 2 can now choose between Serene Grace, Intimidate, Natural Cure, or Oblivious to further boost its walling capabilities.

Contrary looks pretty powerful, Liligant can run a set of Sleep Powder/ Quiver Dance/ Leaf Storm/ Hidden Power Fire. Ursaring can abuse Close Combat, Superpower, or Hammer Arm.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)