Hobbies About the Furry Fandom.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I have blown close to 200usd on furry commissions between myself and both me and my boyfriend why am I like this
Honestly, as long as you haven't been letting that money sink into necessities there's legitimately no problem with it. Everyone has the right to spend their money as they please, and trust me I understand how good it feels to get a piece done for you, so really don't worry about it. Just don't let those payments leak into your essentials.

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
I completely forgot about this thread.

I finally designed and commissioned my fursona! (huge thank you to the amazing cleffa)

I joined a regional furry Discord recently and hope to do meet-ups with them once I move to the Seattle next summer. They seem super cool!

Just so this isn't an entirety self-centered post, I'll share some neat things. A 2018 survey at Anthrocon (the second largest furry convention) found that 14.8% of attendees identified as some form of transgender, while approximately 80% of attendees identified as non-heterosexual. A 2019 LGBTQ Nation article (written by a furry for disclosure) attributed this to the inclusive nature of many furry spaces. This 2017 Vice article notes that LGBTQ youth do find safe spaces in the furry fandom as a means of exploring their own identity (including gender, gender presentation, and sexual orientation, among other aspects).

Additionally, neurodivergent people have found a safe space in the fandom. A 2019 survey from Duquesne University found "between 10-15% of Furries have been diagnosed or self-identify as being on the autism spectrum."

This inclusive sentiment has been backed up and enforced by some of the community organizers (the furry equivalent of Smogon auth), banning problematic people from the community (including Milo Yiannopolous), as well as several problematic groups (as with nearly all contemporary communities, this has not been without contention, as documented by Patch O'Furr here).

Personally, (perhaps in concert with my very openly LGBTQ status) this type of information has made it so I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm a furry anymore. It's awesome that some marginalized groups are able to find acceptance with the majority of such a large community. The furry fandom is pretty cool and people should check them out!

Last edited:
Here’s a short story I wrote about me and my ex lover as our fursonas. I love you heist.

THUD. I hit the ground harshly and didn't get up. The forest around me spinning. Pain. Pounding pain. It's in my head. Make it stop. Please. He was raging and I was his target, again. Kalku, the mate I once loved and cherished, now my greatest fear and greatest source of pain and suffering.

"KALKU, PLEASE!" I finally managed to choke out, feeling some blood drip out of my mouth. He was going too far. I used to let him do this because he was gentler and it made him feel better, but now... He was just out of control.

Kalku approached me and I opened an eye to look at him. He was beautiful, it was mid-day and the sun beamed through the trees, shining on his fur. I love him, I really do. That Arcanine that suddenly appeared in my life one day, that made me laugh at first impression, that was there for me wh-

URK. I hadn't realized that he had gotten so close to me.... He swatted me with his huge paw and I was tossed aside. I rolled for a bit, I probably could have kept rolling for a while longer....if my back didn't slam against a tree. Why couldn't I have been hit anywhere else...why my back? I thought, biting my lip to hold back a scream of agony, I felt some wetness build up on my fur, as well as my beautiful lime green cape become heavier in the center.

My back is my weakest spot, its the very reason I wear my cape. It hides my scar...my branding mark of my past life...

"Get up, bitch." Kalku spoke, calm, cool, and collected. Why do I love him? Why do I allow him to do this to me? "Come on, don't keep me waiting." He added. The look in his eyes was fierce, I knew I should do what he says. The pain in my back was too much, I knew I couldn't get up.

"I love you, Kalku." I told him, my eyes were glistening with tears ready to fall. My legs shook as I stuggled to get up, the pain in my back was unbearable. It's too much for me... I fell myself fall to the ground and apologise. "I'm sorry Kalku, I can't get up."

"Pfft, useless." Kalku grinned. He grinned. Why did he grin? He turned around and I could see his big fluffy tail, its so cute....So soft...those nights I would sleep under it... He suddenly began to kick dirt at me, covering half my body. I don't move. I just lay there. Silent. Still. Crying.

A cold chill wakes me up. I can't believe I fell asleep....Or did I become unconcious? I figured it wouldn't be best to wonder, so I surveyed the area around me. It was dark and there was no one around, but...some thing felt different.

On my left paw there is something sparkling, it was a chain.... My neck also feels like it is being compressed... I couldn't touch to confirm, but I know there is something there..I have a metal collar on my neck. But when....

"Ah, you're awake, wonderful. Sleep well?" I turned my head as best as I could, only being able to see the paws of a large canine, Kalku.

"Kalku, what are you doing...where did you...get these chains...?" My voice was coarse and faint, but I'm sure he heard what I asked. I tried to move my left paw, only to find that the chain is connected to the ground by a small stake. The collar is hooked to a chain, but not connected to the ground or anything else.

"I'm tired of you. I don't need you anymore. I don't want you anymore. I went into that beloved human town you love so much and simply carried away what I needed. Thanks for making them our supply closet, made things easy on me." He picked up the chain that is attached to the collar with his mouth and stood up on his hind legs.

I feel my body lift off the ground and the dirt he kicked on me hours earlier started to fall off my body. Why my neck didn't snap from what he did, I don't know. He let me drop again with a loud thud. I let out a scream in agony.

"SOMEONE HELP, SOMEONE PLEASE STOP KALKU!" I started sobbing again. What was he going to do to me? Kill, rape, both? I close my eyes and waited for what was to come.

It never came.

I hear a loud growl and the beating of paws. I dared to open my eyes and see what was going on.

It was Saltii, the daughter of Kalku and I. She is standing in front of me, crouched down and growling. The pitch black fur on her head standing on end. Her lips are curled in a snarl, lips twitching.

"Kalku, you bastard. Get away from her." She hissed. I could tell she was nervous about facing him head on.

"Saltii, scram, girl." Kalku simply told her. "I'll deal with you later. Your mother and I need some alone time."

"NO. I'm going to deal with you right here, right now. I won't let you do this to us anymore. You don't even have a good reason as to why you are acting like this!" Saltii's voice was strong, but as her mother, I knew she was scared.

"I SAID SCRAM" Kalku suddenly became enraged. He burst forward, snarling. Saltii tensed up and lunged forward. All I could do is lie helplessly on the ground. I was bleeding so much, I could hardly stay awake, but I have to watch this.

Kalku and Saltii became a ball of fur in front of me. I hear growls and hisses and see fur flying from them. Saltii was smacked on the thigh and then knocked to the ground. She was able to get right back up though. The fight between Kalku and Saltii was short lived, as far as I know. Saltii was again knocked over and didn't get up.

My vision was now fading, it is hard to keep my eyes open. The last thing I heard was Kalku.

"I want nothing to do with you, I will never see you again. I hate you."

Everything went blank for the second time that day.

I thought I would never wake up again, but I did. I couldn't move at all. Everything is so sore. My back is pulsing with pain. So much pain... Saltii...were was she? Did she get up again? Run? Chase after him? I hoped she was okay.

I lay on the ground for another few hours. During that time, I thought about a lot of things. I thought about when I met Kalku, what we used to have. I thought about our ups and downs, and how we always managed to get through the downs together. Why did he change? Why did he become so....horrible...

I love him...I really do. I still love him, I know that much. He said something before I blanked out again... But what was it? That's right....

I want nothing to do with you, I will never see you again. I hate you.

He said he wanted nothing to do with me...that he hated me. He also said....he'll never see me again. He left....he's gone...forever...gone...

Kalku's....gone....

Gone...

Free.

I'm free.

Finally...

Free.

I realised that the chain around my neck was broken off somehow. The end of it charred.

Saltii. She must have been able to break it. I still hope she is okay...

After hours of laying on the ground, I felt my energy slowly return to me. I slowly rise and see that the chain on my arm was still attached to the stake in the ground. I gathered all my strength and thrust my arm up, pulling the stake out of the ground.

I simply sat down, not knowing that to think.

Kalku was gone forever.

Saltii was nowhere to be seen.

All I could focus on now though was the fact that I was free.

With Kalku gone, there isn't anyone to abuse me....no one to tell me what to do.

I'm free.

The chains have been broken.

Hey everyone! I hope your day/night is going well. I've been a part of the fandom for almost a year now. Sure, the fandom isn't sunshine and roses, but if you look away from the bad stuff (like I did when I chose to become one) it's actually kind of nice. My favorite thing about the fandom is meeting people with unconventional sona choices (skunks, pangolins, and fish sonas exist) and even cooler lore behind said sonas.

Here's art of my sona and my fav mon ^^

Kadon+Krookodile.png

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone! I hope your day/night is going well. I've been a part of the fandom for almost a year now. Sure, the fandom isn't sunshine and roses, but if you look away from the bad stuff (like I did when I chose to become one) it's actually kind of nice. My favorite thing about the fandom is meeting people with unconventional sona choices (skunks, pangolins, and fish sonas exist) and even cooler lore behind said sonas.

Here's art of my sona and my fav mon ^^

View attachment 429496
YOO this is freaking awesome! Love the facial expression and the details! Excellent job!

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
serious question: what's the term for someone who's sexually attracted to furries, but isn't one themselves? i.e. someone who fancies other humans dressed in fursuits and who partake in the furry fandom etc

I'm not a furry but I really don't like the hate that the fandom gets, it's really unfortunate since most of y'all are good and completely normal people, it just seems that a loud minority is ruining everything yet again.

serious question: what's the term for someone who's sexually attracted to furries, but isn't one themselves? i.e. someone who fancies other humans dressed in fursuits and who partake in the furry fandom etc
I don't think there is one word that describes what you're talking about. You could describe someone as having a furry fetish or a fursuit fetish, but I'm not sure what you would use to describe someone who is attracted to humans who are in the furry fandom

Last edited:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think there is one word that describes what you're talking about. You could describe someone as having a furry fetish or a fursuit fetish, but I'm not sure what you would use to describe someone who is attracted to humans who are in the furry fandom
i suppose there isn't a term for it, in the same way there isn't a term for someone whose "type" is someone who's sporty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)