Postgame Acid City's Trouble [Day 4/End: City Win! 4/10 Players]

I guess I'm wrong about Dulla for now. I didn't really think about the 5 VT thing mainly because I thought there were 5 VTs too. I hate setups like this where there's just a bunch of random crap and stuff is hard to figure out. I guess I had overly high expectations for her given that I thought she played NOCs before but whatever I suppose. Don't understand Blazade being jailed "in the beginning of the night" but I'll just chalk that one down to weird setup stuff and believe him for now.

I also don't understand how if we only have one of the Citizen Power roles and Blazade knows who the warden is but acts like Dulla could still be mafia. So that part doesn't really make sense to me. I guess he's just trying to cover for her? But then it doesn't really make sense to me where the whole "well if jalmont is right about her being mafia" thing comes from then. that part also doesn't make sense but i guess i'm going to ignore that for now.

From my POV atm scum is BT / DLE / acid taking Blazade/dulla/Ullar at face value here and saying their mafia. I dunno I always want to say DLE is village but then he's disappeared again so impossible to say. pluff was my auto town based on d1 stuff but then the sub was no good and shubaka being suspicious of me now makes me feel like pluff's stuff on d1 was just a possible way to get the heat off of them early. beats me. cancerous is weird too because he's also inactive, but i don't think he's bad for now but idk.

A lynch on BT is probably not bad at this point, especially if you buy his "don't lynch afk acidphoenix." (who btw put an interesting vote on blazade) His justification for voting him is p. bad because he doesn't even think I'm mafia, just that I'm not helpful. That's not v. good reasoning since it doesn't really make it seem like you're interested in lynching mafia! I agree w/ Blazade about the fluff, a lot of his posts are very fluffy (just take a look at that last post lol that summarizes things that have happened in the game). His vote on me is v. hypocritical and not at all town-motivated - feels more like revenge for how I'm playing and even when I gave him a chance to be srs, he went all-in on mocking me even though he seems to hint at me being town which is weird? Yikes.

Me being weird isn't dumb by the way. I expect these sort of things (well duh, since I choose to play a certain way because I expect ppl to react in a predictable way at the start) but if you can't figure things out after the first time when playing with me then maybe you need to take a look at yourself lmao.
Is that a VT claim in there?

The only possibilities here is a VT claim, a power(warden) claim or a other claim (neutral/Mafia). Why would anyone claim anything on that list beside vt
erm, or it's possible to be a different power role, since those exist too. it narrows down the possibilities to all of them, since any role Jalmont got would fit in the setup. unless he got Merchant.

allright I am back and look like the dulla/jalmont thing morphed into ermm, something.
I'm still not sure what's going on with jalmont's initial vote.

So let me put some of my thoughts out again.

Being jailed is not indication of town alignment, true. But blazade's behavior so far is not particularly scummy, he is still on my townread.
Ullar is super town.

Jalmont (I might be biased from all the bad experience I have with him in NOC): I don't like his modus operandi, and his explanations on dulla vote and his playstyle are weird af or just plain bad. He did made a few good points about blazade and BT I guess. Slight scumread.

BT and dullargamur is at neutral read, with BT leaning town and dulla leaning scum. Dulla made quite a few posts today, most of them I don't feel particularly useful, but they are not scummy either.

shubaka17 why no lynch?

I dunno if massclaim will be worth it.

I had a really long day, I expect myself to sleep like a log in the next 12 hours or so and that is not good.
So eh,
/Vote Extension

Perhaps we should consider the possibility of a jester *cough*jalmont*cough*.

Votes: (2.4)

Jalmont (2) - Dullagamur, ButteredToast.
Blazade (1) - AcidPhoenix.
ButteredToast (1) - Jalmont.
No-Lynch (1) - Shubaka17.

(Done) Extension (5) - Cancerous, ButteredToast, Blazade, Shubaka17, Jalmont.

Currently, Jalmont is in danger of lynching at the end of the day because of being voted first in majority.

Last edited:
A lynch on BT is probably not bad at this point, especially if you buy his "don't lynch afk acidphoenix." (who btw put an interesting vote on blazade) His justification for voting him is p. bad because he doesn't even think I'm mafia, just that I'm not helpful.
You going after inactive for the sake of them being inactive is going for an easy target who can't defend themselves. Yes, it is annoying to play with people who don't give a shit when they sign up for games. Yes, they don't add to any discussion or contribute to any game play. But what is best for the game is that they be subbed out, not that they be lynched.

You lynching them is going for an easy target that can't defend themselves. I'd say this about anyone who is being inactive on a constant basis. It's like you don't care about who you lynch, just so that someone is lynched that's not you. If you had other reasons for lynching acid based on your role, maybe this makes sense. But it doesn't. I don't understand how acid is "looking scum" because he is inactive. I never have and I never will.

You make scum claims on the seat of your pants without anything to bring to the table. You stick names in a hat, and pick them out. It's probably why people don't take what you say without any credence.

I'm voting for you because you're refusing to take risks or explain yourself. You want to go after dullagamur, but you don't want to explain yourself when prompted. You make these half assed reads without much intelligent thought and change your mind when the wind blows. Like, why is DLE a scum now? Because he is inactive? That's again, just a shit reason you're throwing out.

You doing this consistently throughout the game blows my mind makes me think you put no thoughts into your reads, lynch votes, or gameplay. You're picking easy ways out instead of trying. You threw a fit when people asked you to elaborate. That's more scum to me than to people who aren't playing the game consistently. And that's why I'm voting for you.

You going after inactive for the sake of them being inactive is going for an easy target who can't defend themselves. Yes, it is annoying to play with people who don't give a shit when they sign up for games. Yes, they don't add to any discussion or contribute to any game play. But what is best for the game is that they be subbed out, not that they be lynched.

You lynching them is going for an easy target that can't defend themselves. I'd say this about anyone who is being inactive on a constant basis. It's like you don't care about who you lynch, just so that someone is lynched that's not you. If you had other reasons for lynching acid based on your role, maybe this makes sense. But it doesn't. I don't understand how acid is "looking scum" because he is inactive. I never have and I never will.
I like how you go from "If you had other reasons for lynching acid [that aren't public]...maybe this makes sense" to "But it doesn't."

acid's not even inactive btw. I would classify him as lurking. Not that that is really relevant to the vote in any case.

You make scum claims on the seat of your pants without anything to bring to the table. You stick names in a hat, and pick them out. It's probably why people don't take what you say without any credence.
I think that's just you. People actually do take me seriously, it's probably why I am a decently successful NOC player. If you can't figure things out after playing with me in one game then that's your problem like I said.

I'm voting for you because you're refusing to take risks or explain yourself. You want to go after dullagamur, but you don't want to explain yourself when prompted. You make these half assed reads without much intelligent thought and change your mind when the wind blows. Like, why is DLE a scum now? Because he is inactive? That's again, just a shit reason you're throwing out.

You doing this consistently throughout the game blows my mind makes me think you put no thoughts into your reads, lynch votes, or gameplay. You're picking easy ways out instead of trying. You threw a fit when people asked you to elaborate. That's more scum to me than to people who aren't playing the game consistently. And that's why I'm voting for you.
"refusing to take risks" - don't know about that one
"half-assed reads" - give me an example
"change your mind when the wind blows" - give me an example
"threw a fit" - nope did nothing of the sort
"picking easy ways out" - give me an example

You being an apologetic for those who are afk is pretty sad. It's even more sad that you think I'm scum because I'm trying to work on finding mafia even while people are not doing anything. Which, I will say is something that you didn't say before. Only now that I've pointed it out are you claiming that me being mafia is a result of me being unhelpful or whatever LUL

/vote extension because it's not really my place to say y'all can't talk.

Cancerous I voted nobody because when I did, the lynch was between Ullar/Blazade and I felt both of them were town enough to not deserve a lynch. To put one of my own scum reads up seemed irrelevant, and I felt it would instead flip a wagon onto me, for trying to draw attention away from Those Two, since all I have is a scum read, no actual info yet. I should probably stop joining NOC since I keep having to scum hunt and I'm Bad at that

/vote extension i need it.

BT there's a dofference between lynching an inactive D1 and Process of Elimiationing them to probable scum D2
Like I don't think it's even fair to say it's PoEing given that there's so many weird roles and I'm not up-to-date on the intricacies of the setup (open setups -__-) but when I can't trust my reads on >half the game I have to try something.

I didn't/am not claiming btw. Find something more constructive to do then deducing a claim (like saying who you think is mafia lol!)

/vote extension because it's not really my place to say y'all can't talk.

Cancerous I voted nobody because when I did, the lynch was between Ullar/Blazade and I felt both of them were town enough to not deserve a lynch. To put one of my own scum reads up seemed irrelevant, and I felt it would instead flip a wagon onto me, for trying to draw attention away from Those Two, since all I have is a scum read, no actual info yet. I should probably stop joining NOC since I keep having to scum hunt and I'm Bad at that
Scum hunting is basically luck anyways, but a lot of it just comes down to taking educated guesses and going from there. It's more important to say things and be active then being necessarily "right" about them.

It's why when playing mafia in real time (irl or IRC), it's a lot easier for town to get the scum if they have enough time and everyone is talking/discussing.

Don't be scared about changing the discussion either. No one is going to want to lynch you if you want to bring up a different topic.

note to self: post here earlier in irl day

anyway:
ullar vs blazadeis simple rules misunderstanding

cancerous is 99% town

dle might be scum but probably not

ullar is also very much likely town
still think blazade is scum ffor hyper agressive hinting, litearlly waiting for a first vote so he could bandwagon, and suggesting that he can poe me because everybody else is obvtown and yet not have actual scumreads

more tomorrow it's past midnight and i'm gettin off comp

Cancerous's last post is bad in that he doesn't have a scumread on anyone that he's willing to vote. That sort of thing is not good imo.

Anyways, I guess I had better put my money where my mouth is and vote butteredtoast for aforementioned reasoning

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
i really dunno what to talk about; as scummy as it may seem, the only way to get discussion happening is for there to be another death.

i think the smugglers idled last night, but they can't do that forever. it's certainly served as a way to let discussion stagnate, but! it's a thing

i really dunno what to talk about; as scummy as it may seem, the only way to get discussion happening is for there to be another death.

i think the smugglers idled last night, but they can't do that forever. it's certainly served as a way to let discussion stagnate, but! it's a thing
That is a thought to bear in mind but who knows (if youdo know please tell the town so we can Lynch you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)