Rejected - Inactive Add /md for /modchat

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I definitely think "modchat" is a bit unclear. I was mulling something like "rankchat" and "rankjoin" or something.

But I wonder if something is wrong that you need a shorthand version of /modchat. It's a very rare and heavy-handed moderation command that I'd want to avoid accidental invocations for.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
I definitely think "modchat" is a bit unclear. I was mulling something like "rankchat" and "rankjoin" or something.

But I wonder if something is wrong that you need a shorthand version of /modchat. It's a very rare and heavy-handed moderation command that I'd want to avoid accidental invocations for.
I also thought calling it "modchat" was a bit weird. I was thinking more over the lines of spectator's chat off/on or spec chat on/off since the main people having permissions to talk would be spectators, with rare cases of the battle needing to be altered by administrators. Just a suggestion though. Also regarding making modchat into "mc", I don't think it's that necessary as I would only see one doing this in tour games mainly, unless you play lots of tour games or you don't want people talking in your ladder games, but I think the latter is still a rare case. With this being said, these rather rare cases imo idt require the name change.

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Oh i kinda forgot completely this is used in rooms kek, yea then my suggestion won't work since the same logic doesn't apply to rooms. Also ignore specs do exist and do suit that but I won't deny the uses of modchat such as in rare cases where people possibly mistakenly ghost in chat. Regardless, with room modchat in mind I also don't think this happens that often in rooms so I think its fine to leave as is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)