• The moderators of this forum are the PS! staff.
  • Welcome to Smogon! Take a moment to read the Introduction to Smogon for a run-down on everything Smogon.
  • View the suggestions ordered by popularity here.

Pending Add ??? type Arceus to showdown

Dear developers of showdown

I was going around in showdown and I realized that the ??? type Arceus is missing. So, yes I know ??? type Arceus was removed in gen 5 so it had a life of 1 gen but I believe that is should be kept for the reason that it could still be used in custom battles and also it would be neat if it was acknowledged a bit more. You guys even have the pokéstar studios pokemon and missingno.

Thomas9790

Alumn

Become ONE
is a Pre-Contributor
I see just one little problem. If it's custom battle, Arceus ???-type + Wonder Guard will be impossible to beat (unless moongeist beam or ability who nullify Arceus ability). But yeah, let's try it.

Arai

i am sleepy
I see just one little problem. If it's custom battle, Arceus ???-type + Wonder Guard will be impossible to beat (unless moongeist beam or ability who nullify Arceus ability). But yeah, let's try it.
tbf there are harder things to beat in custom battle such as infinite EV Pokémon.

??? arceus would have the battle properties of normal arceus without a ??? plate, even if it shows as ???
this is corrected visually in gen 7 cg, but not in gen 4 cg
the ??? plate doesn't exist in any games and the ??? type means that there is no type for the pokemon to have

the ??? plate doesn't exist in any games and the ??? type means that there is no type for the pokemon to have
I mean, magikarp's revenge and cap mons don't exist in the games either
Similar things can be said about Wonder Guard fire types with burn up.

Nonetheless though, it'd be a great idea!

Marty

Always more to find
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Top Researcher
Research Leader
Tmi489 is correct here. This would be purely cosmetic since Gen 4 Arceus behaves similarly to Gen 5+ Arceus; you need Multitype and a Plate to be a type other than Normal. If you mismatch the form and don't have Multitype, you're Normal type but can appear to be another type.

The difference in Gen 4 is that if you mismatch the form and do have Multitype, Arceus changes form every time it switches in to match its held Plate (or Normal if it doesn't have one). You don't even need to badly hack an Arceus to see this for yourself since Ditto Transforming into Arceus behaves identically; first it copies the Arceus cosmetically, then immediately changes to the form matching Ditto's Plate if it has one, otherwise Normal.

tl;dr: On PS, ???-type Arceus would just be a neat little easter egg with no battle implications. It will never actually take damage as a typeless Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)