Approved Add ??? type Arceus to showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
I see the purpose of discussing here where it should be possible to use Typeless Arceus. What I meant is that thr impossibility of using it in SwSh modes shouldn't be seen as an incapacitation to introduce Arceus-??? in Showdown.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be usable in a hypothetical DPP Pure Hackmons metagame? Eternamax was added when PH wasn't a thing iirc
I see the purpose of discussing here where it should be possible to use Typeless Arceus. What I meant is that thr impossibility of using it in SwSh modes shouldn't be seen as an incapacitation to introduce Arceus-??? in Showdown.
--------------

Fair enough and well said. I believe it is fair Arceus Typeless to be added.

Dorron's commentary in conjunction with the UltramewtwoZ comment above are points to consider, aren't they?

Even though it was removed from the PS, the fact that the movement of Magikarp's revenge could not be used outside Custom Game did not prevent the staff from creating the movement. And even if this is a special case, what Dorron says is still worth in this sense and in this context: "Wouldn't it be usable in a hypothetical DPP Pure Hackmons metagame? Eternamax was added when PH wasn't a thing."
Paleo Wave and Shadow Strike are also special, even they are different cases too. Arceus Typeless is another special case, also different. Eternamax be added before Pure hackmons be a thing, it is also special. Being a special case does not prevent something from being added by itself. If even things like Paleo Wave, Shadow Strike and in the past Magikarp's Revenge that didn't even exist in the games, were added, Arceus Typeless deserves it too, even more because it is not a personalized creation for the Pokémon Showdown.

Also, note that this is not banal. Look how much replies this topic has already received, even though it was created in 2019 it is still alive. Not to mention the views too. Don't we deserve this? This is not something that we have no interest. Is it so really impossible to add this? Please, administrators/staff ! Make this dream a reality for us. I beg! Are we not showing enough interest yet? Then i will ask Jirachi a wish.

Jirachi, use Wish. I wish Arceus Typeless will become a reality at the Pokémon Showdown!
download.gif

I did my best. Let's pray with Jirachi.

Last edited:

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
No one implied that it was.
--------------

Fair enough and well said. I believe it is fair Arceus Typeless to be added.

Dorron's commentary in conjunction with the UltramewtwoZ comment above are points to consider, aren't they?

Even though it was removed from the PS, the fact that the movement of Magikarp's revenge could not be used outside Custom Game did not prevent the staff from creating the movement. And even if this is a special case, what Dorron says is still worth in this sense and in this context: "Wouldn't it be usable in a hypothetical DPP Pure Hackmons metagame? Eternamax was added when PH wasn't a thing."
Paleo Wave and Shadow Strike are also special, even they are different cases too. Arceus Typeless is another special case, also different. Eternamax be added before Pure hackmons be a thing, it is also special. Being a special case does not prevent something from being added by itself. If even things like Paleo Wave, Shadow Strike and in the past Magikarp's Revenge that didn't even exist in the games, were added, Arceus Typeless deserves it too, even more because it is not a personalized creation for the Pokémon Showdown.

Also, note that this is not banal. Look how much replies this topic has already received, even though it was created in 2019 it is still alive. Not to mention the views too. Don't we deserve this? This is not something that we have no interest. Is it so really impossible to add this? Please, administrators/staff ! Make this dream a reality for us. I beg! Are we not showing enough interest yet? Then i will ask Jirachi a wish.

Jirachi, use Wish. I wish Arceus Typeless will become a reality at the Pokémon Showdown!
View attachment 426222

I did my best. Let's pray with Jirachi.
This needs to be accepted by the developers and implemented but I'd imagine this is low priority.

Deleted User 594026

Banned deucer.
No one implied that it was.

This needs to be accepted by the developers and implemented but I'd imagine this is low priority.
"This needs to be accepted by the developers and implemented but I'd imagine this is low priority."
What did you come here to say? Your post contributes nothing to this thread. It's not your job to say how much priority does this thread have to the developers, let the popularity of this post speak for itself! The thread About This Forum (READ BEFORE POSTING) says: "This is the place for developers to find popular suggestions from the community to be implemented".
And exactly as Kirigon said, "note that this is not banal. Look how much replies this topic has already received, even though it was created in 2019 it is still alive." (This actually means we are already waiting since 2019) Nobody here wants to know what do you imagine to be low priority.

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
It's not your job to say how much priority does this thread have to the developers, let the popularity of this post speak for itself!
Dawn of Artemis is a Global Driver of the simulator, and one of the more active contributors to the bug thread, the simple questions thread and the suggestions subforum. It is absolutely between her capacities, and I'd even say responsibilities, to mark that a suggestion is low priority, specially when its thread is having users pushing for it as if it was of higher importance and relevance.

And exactly as Kirigon said, "note that this is not banal. Look how much replies this topic has already received, even though it was created in 2019 it is still alive." (This actually means we are already waiting since 2019)
Most of the answers are from you. Suggestions are not measured exclusively by thread responses. Way longer ones have been rejected in the past.

Nobody here wants to know what do you imagine to be low priority.
In fact, as I said before, her opinion is absolutely relevant and you should be listening to it.

This suggestion, at best, is for custom battles and a currently non-existent DPP PH. It is absolutely low priority, and if you are going to keep being rude to Pokemon Showdown staff you are only going to hurt any arguments that you or other people may have done for the sake of Arceus-???.

Pokemon Showdown exists thanks to a lot of volunteers. Pushing excessively for a suggestion of such low priority is a lack of respect for their time and efforts, and becoming a bother by directly insulting or diminishing them when they tell you so is absolutely against what the whole point of having a suggestions subforum is for.
Going further, don't make this an empty discussion with ad hominems nor personal attacks or your post will be deleted and you will be infracted.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
The thread About This Forum (READ BEFORE POSTING) says: "This is the place for developers to find popular suggestions from the community to be implemented".
You should also read the second post in that thread, specifically:
Pokémon Showdown is a free and open source project that has many contributors who volunteer their time and skills to help make Pokémon Showdown the best and most complete online competitive Pokémon battling simulator. In their spare time, developers choose to work on whichever features or bugs they are interested in/view as important, and there is no easy way to enforce a certain roadmap/set of priorities on the people who choose to contribute (as awesome and inspiring as Zarel is, he cannot command people to work for him for free, and neither can you).
This is accepted, but I am not going to personally do it for the reasons I already stated in this thread. People would see it in the teambuilder, think "oh cool a typeless Arceus", use it in hackmons, find out it's actually Normal type, and stop using it. No one is interested in hearing more passionate speeches about this topic so I'm closing the thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)