Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Anyone else notice the word "slaking" used somewhere around mission 8-10?

pkmn

War Tank picture makes it look ridiculous, but it's heavily balanced by its piss-poor Move. I'm not sure if I really like the Infantry costing 50% more than previous installments, since it marginalizes them compared to Mechs more than they already were and Bikes largely took over their "better Movement foot soldier" moniker for cities more than one turn away.

Other than that, good stuff. 8) And Isabella has the Grit-like CO Zone/Power, I believe.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
god. mechs are clearly the best bang/buck, especially in small maps. TTS showed me that the hard way. they fuck up pretty much everything and can be easily mass produced with their relative low cost (2500). Poor movement sucks, but on small maps riddled with mountains, they can make themselves very useful (and annoying).

Brenner as an Andy-like CO power with his unit health restoration.

Man I have been looking all over mIRC trying to find opponents to no avail....... anyone here looking for a battle, I just bought the game today o .o my fc is 481160 839283

If I were to describe this game in one word it would be "Awesome".

If I were to describe it in two words it would be "Really Awesome".

If I were to describe it in five it would be "GET THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY".

I don't think upping Infantry cost marginalizes them at all. They're still faster and cheaper than Mechs, and while Bikes outspeed them, they loose speed in certain terrain and can't cross rivers/mountains or load into T-Copters. The extra 500 G means that you can't just produce an Infantry unit for every Factory you have anymore, making people think harder about what units to build.

Dr. Caulder (he's a doctor dammit use his title) is the worthy successor to Sturm we didn't get in Dual Strike. "You may continue dying."

One of my favorite additions is the "Tactics" option in Campaign mode. It's helpful and really funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)