- [TM26] Endure
- [TM27] Sleep Talk
- [TM33] Shadow Ball
- [TM46] Iron Defense
- [TM52] Gyro Ball
- [TM53] Close Combat
- [TM70] Flash Cannon
- [TM74] Iron Head

If anyone is confused, let me explain. Aegislash received 2 big nerfs this gen. Its offenses/defenses were reduce from 150 to 140 and King's Shield now only drops the targets contact moves by 1 stage instead of 2. It also lost both Toxic and Pursuit.

Notable Moves:
- King's Shield
- Autotomize
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Gyro Ball
- Head Smash
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute
- Sword Dance

Pros:
- Has easily the one of the best defensive typing in the game.
- King's Shield makes it really annoying for physical attackers to break through it.
- Incredible 140/140 offensives that allow it to hit hard.
- Ditto proof thanks to Stance Change.
- Can block spinning attempts.
- Immune to trapping.

Cons:
- Dynamax pokemon can break through it easily.
- No recovery outside of leftovers and pinch berries.
- While its typing is amazing, its weak to common coverage options like Knock Off and Earthquake.

Dynamaxing Potential:
- Because of its great bulk, dynamaxing makes it extremely hard to kill.
- Could be combined with Head Smash to blow past Mandibuzz if it wants to.

Potential Moveset:

Sub + King's Shield
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

This set abuses King's Shield to the fullest. Bring it in on something it walls and then set up the Substitute. This set is a monster with Toxic Spikes support. It would be great if had Toxic right now but oh well. O IVs and Sassy nature let it under speed a opposing Aegislash, although this is entirely optional.

Double Dance
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat

Instead of using King's Shield, this set aims at using the Shield forms amazing bulk to set up and then just sweep through the opposing team. Everyone knows how amazing Ghost/Fighting is as a combo so Aegislash can be a legit sweeping threat when set up. Weakness Policy is pretty cool because of its amazing bulk while in shield form.

Overall despite being weaker thanks to the nerfs, Aegislash is still Aegislash. I don't think its ban worthy right now but maybe in the future it could end up being a problem, who knows.

Last edited:

Alstone

Banned deucer.
Hi

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Close Combat

I think Shadow Ball Life Orb hits a lot of things harder for this gen. Flash cannon is great because of the Fairy Types. Close Combat I just use for steel types. I choice Hasty because Adamant Bisharp

I feel like it losing toxic might be the biggest nerf it got. It can't stall out things it doesn't like with toxic + sub anymore, which is part of what made it busted last generation. Still very good, of course, but all the nerfs together make me think it might be kept in OU in the long term, especially if dynamaxing is kept.

Close combat is cool as hell for it though.

Worth mentioning that Dynamax is very cool for Aegi since steel gives it a Defense buff, pairs nicely with substitute sets and gives it extra breaking power while being able to run lefties. Max fighting needs no explanation for how scary it can make Aegi.

LO Max attack sets running SD/Sneak/Iron Head/CC might work on a hazards stacking team, I’ll try it later.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I don't think a Substitute set can work that well without Toxic, unfortunately. You said it can stall out foes with tspikes on the field, but what's to prevent something like Toxapex from simply switching in an absorbing them / a Flying-type like Mandibuzz from coming in on you?

As for the offensive set, maybe slash LO, since Shadow Claw is kind of weak even after a Swords Dance boost.

I don't think a Substitute set can work that well without Toxic, unfortunately. You said it can stall out foes with tspikes on the field, but what's to prevent something like Toxapex from simply switching in an absorbing them / a Flying-type like Mandibuzz from coming in on you?

As for the offensive set, maybe slash LO, since Shadow Claw is kind of weak even after a Swords Dance boost.
I agree that without toxic, Sub isn't as good. But its the main set I've been using. Maybe I'm bias or something but that set really does well against offensive teams. The balance match up isn't as good but with great partners like Hydreigon it isn't too bad.

Double Dance Aegislash is used on Screens so I figured that the 50% pinch berry would be generally more useful. I will slash LO though, thanks for the suggestion! :3

EDIT: After playing with it more. I've changed my mind on Dynamaxing Aegislash. Its much better than I thought it was on day 1.

Last edited:
I was about to copy/paste Sagisolar’s post but I got semi-sniped by the man himself, anyway here it is:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Substitute

Substitute Aegislash is such a great mon right now. It's ability to improvise scenarios with King's Shield + Substitute gives it a distinct niche on being able to pray on anything that's too passive. It's extremely polarizing to go against but also really great to use. I don't want to talk much about bans and whatever since things should be taken one step out at a time but Aegislash will most definitely need to be looked at more, it's not that it's any less oppressive as it was before it's just being out highlighted by Hawlucha/Gyarados at the moment and is most certainly still as powerful as it was before. Oh yeah it's also like the only Hawlucha check omegalul.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011198619 - A replay showing that you need to be respecting Dynamax, it's not a "surprise mechanic" but it's something you should evaluate from your opponent at all times. There are going to be bad moments where you shouldn't worry about it but this exchange clearly favored me and blew my opponent out of the water.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011211211 - People are talking about how 'Ditto is necessary' and I really don't see it. Sure this meta encourage boost and sweep more than any other meta and that's makes Ditto deadweight less often but it still retains it's same issues it always had and that's the fact you have control of what Ditto turns into most of the time. It prevents you from sweeping but having a whatever mon who probably can trade will more than likely do more than what Ditto is doing. Unless you are like bad and let Ditto on you I totally haven't speed boosted thinking I'll outspeed Ditto with scarf Galv even though it has both Scarf and +1.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011206239 - A lot of people have been saying Dynamax is a brain dead mechanic which also isn't it true. A lot of the time you can't win off just clicking your dynamax move and will require you set up a scenario where the sweep works just like any sweeper in the past. Even stuff like Gyarados isn't completely free due to it's speed tier that sets it below choice scarf mons and the fact it can only steamroll after a +1 boost and that's only if they don't have any Gyara checks left/or they are incredibly weakened.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011216131 - Similarly dynamax is not going to be the only way you can win the game. I got too quick on the trigger here and completely washed my Dynamax away. Also just goes to show what Aegislash can do at a basic level and how much it gets away with.

None of these replays are really meant to show off what the meta is like just thought I would use that as examples as discussion. In case you couldn't tell I think Dynamax is a fine mechanic. Dynamax Flying moves are absurdly strong (as in any time giving speed to other mons is) but for the most part I think this mechanic leaves for a lot of interesting exchanges and adds a new level of gameplay depth. Though of course that isn't too say this mechanic is 100% perfect I think it's very suitable for competitive play. I also know bans/suspects/whatever won't be happening for awhile but I'm just gonna throw out that Hawlucha/Gyarados will probably the first ones to be suspected (Gyarados 100%, Hawlucha 100% when Rillaboom's HA gets released) and then I expect to see an Aegislash suspect sometime after. I can also see a Kyurem Black suspect down the line when that thing drops but I never thought of it as completely broken though that was in a playtest meta featuring stuff like Keldeo, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Melmetal while also dealing with Hawlucha, Ferrothorn, and Aegislash.

Also, does Hawlucha have a way of getting past Aegislash? It generally has to run SD/Acro/Close Combat and, from what I hear, uses Max Thunderpunch to set terrain for itself, and I’m fairly certain bulky Aegislash sets can take it on without much trouble.

I was about to copy/paste Sagisolar’s post but I got semi-sniped by the man himself, anyway here it is:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Substitute

Substitute Aegislash is such a great mon right now. It's ability to improvise scenarios with King's Shield + Substitute gives it a distinct niche on being able to pray on anything that's too passive. It's extremely polarizing to go against but also really great to use. I don't want to talk much about bans and whatever since things should be taken one step out at a time but Aegislash will most definitely need to be looked at more, it's not that it's any less oppressive as it was before it's just being out highlighted by Hawlucha/Gyarados at the moment and is most certainly still as powerful as it was before. Oh yeah it's also like the only Hawlucha check omegalul.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011198619 - A replay showing that you need to be respecting Dynamax, it's not a "surprise mechanic" but it's something you should evaluate from your opponent at all times. There are going to be bad moments where you shouldn't worry about it but this exchange clearly favored me and blew my opponent out of the water.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011211211 - People are talking about how 'Ditto is necessary' and I really don't see it. Sure this meta encourage boost and sweep more than any other meta and that's makes Ditto deadweight less often but it still retains it's same issues it always had and that's the fact you have control of what Ditto turns into most of the time. It prevents you from sweeping but having a whatever mon who probably can trade will more than likely do more than what Ditto is doing. Unless you are like bad and let Ditto on you I totally haven't speed boosted thinking I'll outspeed Ditto with scarf Galv even though it has both Scarf and +1.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011206239 - A lot of people have been saying Dynamax is a brain dead mechanic which also isn't it true. A lot of the time you can't win off just clicking your dynamax move and will require you set up a scenario where the sweep works just like any sweeper in the past. Even stuff like Gyarados isn't completely free due to it's speed tier that sets it below choice scarf mons and the fact it can only steamroll after a +1 boost and that's only if they don't have any Gyara checks left/or they are incredibly weakened.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8oubeta-1011216131 - Similarly dynamax is not going to be the only way you can win the game. I got too quick on the trigger here and completely washed my Dynamax away. Also just goes to show what Aegislash can do at a basic level and how much it gets away with.

None of these replays are really meant to show off what the meta is like just thought I would use that as examples as discussion. In case you couldn't tell I think Dynamax is a fine mechanic. Dynamax Flying moves are absurdly strong (as in any time giving speed to other mons is) but for the most part I think this mechanic leaves for a lot of interesting exchanges and adds a new level of gameplay depth. Though of course that isn't too say this mechanic is 100% perfect I think it's very suitable for competitive play. I also know bans/suspects/whatever won't be happening for awhile but I'm just gonna throw out that Hawlucha/Gyarados will probably the first ones to be suspected (Gyarados 100%, Hawlucha 100% when Rillaboom's HA gets released) and then I expect to see an Aegislash suspect sometime after. I can also see a Kyurem Black suspect down the line when that thing drops but I never thought of it as completely broken though that was in a playtest meta featuring stuff like Keldeo, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Melmetal while also dealing with Hawlucha, Ferrothorn, and Aegislash.

Also, does Hawlucha have a way of getting past Aegislash? It generally has to run SD/Acro/Close Combat and, from what I hear, uses Max Thunderpunch to set terrain for itself, and I’m fairly certain bulky Aegislash sets can take it on without much trouble.
Yeah Max Thunder Punch is its only way. Not only that, I don't think that Electric Terrain goes up the first time you use it. Aegislash is one of the best checks to Hawlucha which is one of the reasons why its used a lot right now.

Also I know I said this before but I really want to emphasize how great :Aegislash: + :Hydreigon: is.
They both combine resist every type in the game, and both complement each other nicely with Aegislash pressuring offensive teams while Hydreigon pressures the bulkier teams.

Also do you guys perfer running Max SpD or Max SpA on Aegislash. Just curious.

You can also add as a pro the pursuit ban. Which make Aegi imposible to trap.
Personally I consider that a con, Aegislash was a way better user of pursuit than he was a victum to it, most of the pursuit users he could sponge the hit and kill with sacred sword, with pursuit on the other hand he could severely cripple if not kill a weak target that he could freely switch into (latis, starmie spin block, put pokemon like mega pinsir in stealth rock/shadow sneak range for later, etc.)

This mon seems just as busted as ever with Dynamax in the game (boost up and dynamax sweep is the hot new brokenness and Aegislash does it very well). Especially since the strongest Max moves are flying moves which Aegis can kind eat up more easily than most.
Can't even get ditto'd which makes it
A: strong out of context (meta threat),
B: powerful in context with other meta threats (anti-meta)
and C: resilient to common anti-meta options (anti-anti-meta? lol)

Also he gets Close Combat now?(fighting max just in case you more attack boosts after maxing)

Without Dynamax he's a lot more manageable, but even then I don't know if he'll be able to stay in OU this gen. Stance Change and Steel/Ghost typing is very hard to get over. There were already a limited number of mons that could really handle it and a lot of them are gone.

I really like this Pokémon so I hope as the meta develops I turn out to be wrong and he is reasonably balanced in OU, though I think if we are going to play with Dynamax then he really, really needs to go

Also I know I said this before but I really want to emphasize how great :Aegislash: + :Hydreigon: is.
They both combine resist every type in the game, and both complement each other nicely with Aegislash pressuring offensive teams while Hydreigon pressures the bulkier teams.
Also do you guys prefer running Max SpD or Max SpA on Aegislash. Just curious.
I also have this question. Is :Aegislash: + :Hydreigon: running Max SpA or Max SpD Aegislash? It just seems like the roles are redundant with them both being heavily invested special attackers, so at the moment, I'm assuming it's Max SpD (This is assuming that Hydreigon is running some Nasty Plot set?)

This is definitely an amazing core on paper with them tending to the other's walls and weaknesses. The only issue this core has is handling Ditto since Aegislash itself straight up loses to Hydreigon regardless whether it has boosted or not. I've been trying Sylveon as a contingency to beat my own Hydreigon, but I'm sure other fairies like Togekiss or even better Clefable because of Unaware can handle Ditto as well.

- No recovery outside of leftovers and pinch berries.
Double Dance
Aegislash @ Iapapa Berry | Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
For your information, 50% pinch berries have been nerfed to only restore 33%, so Leftovers would be the go to recovery option since Singles only uses Sitrus Berry for Belly Drum. Additionally, I'm not confident that Aegislash's Double Dance set would be decent.

I've heard really mixed things about sub metal sound to beat pex but ive also heard Stall just switches out on aegi to waste Metal sound pp. Losing Toxic really hurt Aegi more then the stat drops honestly. Especially vs stall.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
I feel like it losing toxic might be the biggest nerf it got. It can't stall out things it doesn't like with toxic + sub anymore, which is part of what made it busted last generation. Still very good, of course, but all the nerfs together make me think it might be kept in OU in the long term, especially if dynamaxing is kept.

Close combat is cool as hell for it though.
still can team up with a toxic spike user as team mate.

found a usage for Stall Sable with Encore.
If it Encores its oponent, in this case Aegislash into using Kings Shield and then Dynamaxes it can take it out easy.

When Dynamaxed it looses its shield move... that means always in Blade form out? very risky...

Last edited:
Ok, so, since I haven't seen any of these around, I would like to post a few sets I've seen and ran for this mon which I feel are very viable and can make great contributions.

First up, we have the Banded set:

Aegislash @ Choice Band
Happiness: 160
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Head Smash
- Shadow Sneak

While you do give up King's Shield scouting and the ability to be fat once you do attack, this mon can hit seriously hard. With a Band, this goes out the roof in power, and there's no need to take turns setting up, which makes the mu vs offense better for this set than a Dance set. You are also still pretty damn bulky when you come in at first, so you aren't easy to KO before getting an attack off, worst case. The main alure of this set is its ability to deliver strong Close Combats and Head Smashes. Head Smash has the distinct ability to OHKO Mandibuzz, a common check to Aegislash nowadays. This is of particular note because one of Aegislash's best partners, Hydreigon, really likes Mandibuzz gone as it checks it too. This set also is able to do mayor damage to most walls and tanks, and the ability to throw strong, STAB boosted Shadow Sneaks helps teams with need to deal with mons like Dragapult and G Darm. This set is a very interesting and unusual one. It also has people like Blunder who are a fan of it. Its definitely worth a look if you want to make your Hydrei's life a lot easier to sweep a team after they lose their check to it or just a very strong mon. The set allows Aegi to use its decent Physical coverage (tho I agree Special Aegi is usually easier to use and better overall, its just this set has a good place imo).

The second set I wanted to share is the mixed Special set:

Aegislash @ Shuca Berry - Leftovers - Spooky Plate
EVs: 96 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak/Close Combat
- King's Shield

This set closely mimics the Sub set, but it has a bit of investment in the Physical side for your Physical coverage. You invest in SpA fully to abuse its strong Ghost STAB, and the rest in bulk (I run some speed to beat opposing Aegislash, uninvested Clef and T-tar as well). This set is able to scout with King's Shield, and is still decently bulky given this in an Aegislash (even with the -Def nature). This set can run 3 items: Shuca helps trick Excadrill or T-tar into a or KO (you can run -SpD with Shuca if you feel better about that, but Aegi's resistance to Fairy makes it a better SpD tank), Lefties provide longevity and a better Utility role, and Spooky Plate can power up your Ghost STABs. Life Orb is not a good item for this set, or Aegi in general given you want it to stay healthy for as long as possible. This set is a good option if you can't fit a Sub set in your team, if you want a good priority option, or if running CC is needed but Banded or Dance sets are not fitting you.

Hope these sets help some people out. I know that I hadn't had the chance to run this mon till this gen and I had to look for some hints on my own.

EDIT:

So, just based on some playing around, since the Banded set wants to take out Mandibuzz, who is naturally faster than Bulk Up Corviknight sets to begin with, I played with the EVs and figured I would post the set here. This spread lets you out-speed Mandibuzz so that it cannot Knock your item off before you kill it, or have it revenge kill with Foul Play. The set does lose a significant amount of bulk, which is one of the perks of running Aegislash in general. It should, however, still be able to take hits just given how damn bulky this mon is.

So here's the spread to out-speed Mandibuzz, should you prefer that:

Aegislash @ Choice Band
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Head Smash
- Shadow Sneak

I think both spreads have merit, but I suspect this spread will probably be superior to the 240 HP 16 Spe one.

Last edited:
Is there any chance this thing goes back to ubers? I assumed it would before I realized it was nerfed in a few ways besides Toxic. I haven't even seen it much on ladder, and when I do, it hasn't been a huge issue. Just curious, as it's a Pokemon I have ignored since it's release because of placement in ubers and I don't wanna waste time making one if it's up there lol

I'm surprised to see almost no one Gyro Ball (or phys offensive moves in general, really) anymore. Is it really better now to just go full SpA with Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball?

I'm surprised to see almost no one Gyro Ball (or phys offensive moves in general, really) anymore. Is it really better now to just go full SpA with Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball?
Generally, yes. Shadow Ball is a very abusable STAB in the meta (far superior to Shadow Claw). You also do not need to worry about burns or Attack reductions by things like Inti or Strenght Sap. Most importantly, most of the tier's walls run really defensive sets at the moment, with mainly Corviknight and Mandibuzz mainly running SpD. Physical sets can work if the team is build right, like the ones I just posted or some of the ones from before.

Generally, yes. Shadow Ball is a very abusable STAB in the meta (far superior to Shadow Claw). You also do not need to worry about burns or Attack reductions by things like Inti or Strenght Sap. Most importantly, most of the tier's walls run really defensive sets at the moment, with mainly Corviknight and Mandibuzz mainly running SpD. Physical sets can work if the team is build right, like the ones I just posted or some of the ones from before.
I see! Yeah, I like running at least Close Combat to deal with some of the mainly Dark-type Pokémon that like to come in against Aegislash to set up and sweep. Thanks for your reply!

Is there any chance this thing goes back to ubers? I assumed it would before I realized it was nerfed in a few ways besides Toxic. I haven't even seen it much on ladder, and when I do, it hasn't been a huge issue. Just curious, as it's a Pokemon I have ignored since it's release because of placement in ubers and I don't wanna waste time making one if it's up there lol
Maybe once home is out and it gets toxic it'll be concerning for stall mons that otherwise check it consistently (hippowdon primarily), but right now Aegislash just feels really good rather than broken. It gets 2HKO'd by a lot of things so it can't switch in as mindlessly (there's behemoths like dracovish, and nasty plot hydrei that make aegislash look weak, and because of the number of threats that aegislash can't switch into, its frequent for teams to have an answer for aegislash naturally.)

Another thing to consider is the main reason it was a problem was due to how it warps metas around itself; with half of the dex gone, what did make it in doesn't care for aegislash as much as the full roster in gen 6-7 or sucks in OU for other reasons bar aegislash (argument could be made he holds back a lot of the new mons but majority of them like frosmoth, falinks, etc probs aren't OU material with him gone anyway.) Pretty much every mega bar the zards and rain team specific swampert was checked/countered by aegislash, aegislash nullified the latitwins, trapped and/or spinblocked non-excadrill spinners and even excadrill couldn't switch into sacred sword or shadow ball, HO couldn't switch into it, stall couldn't stall it, and balance could be ripped apart depending on its coverage, and players had to go out of their way to run coverage and multiple checks for various aegislash sets.

There's no latis, starmie doesn't exist, mega's don't exist, most of the current sweeps can still muscle through aegislash especially now with lower defenses and king's shield only dropping attack by 1 stage..

IMO he has a decent chance of staying but like I said, its only confident to say he's fine because everything else made him their bitch, Dracovish and darmanitan looks more likely to be suspected first.

Maybe once home is out and it gets toxic it'll be concerning for stall mons that otherwise check it consistently (hippowdon primarily), but right now Aegislash just feels really good rather than broken. It gets 2HKO'd by a lot of things so it can't switch in as mindlessly (there's behemoths like dracovish, and nasty plot hydrei that make aegislash look weak, and because of the number of threats that aegislash can't switch into, its frequent for teams to have an answer for aegislash naturally.)

Another thing to consider is the main reason it was a problem was due to how it warps metas around itself; with half of the dex gone, what did make it in doesn't care for aegislash as much as the full roster in gen 6-7 or sucks in OU for other reasons bar aegislash (argument could be made he holds back a lot of the new mons but majority of them like frosmoth, falinks, etc probs aren't OU material with him gone anyway.) Pretty much every mega bar the zards and rain team specific swampert was checked/countered by aegislash, aegislash nullified the latitwins, trapped and/or spinblocked non-excadrill spinners and even excadrill couldn't switch into sacred sword or shadow ball, HO couldn't switch into it, stall couldn't stall it, and balance could be ripped apart depending on its coverage, and players had to go out of their way to run coverage and multiple checks for various aegislash sets.

There's no latis, starmie doesn't exist, mega's don't exist, most of the current sweeps can still muscle through aegislash especially now with lower defenses and king's shield only dropping attack by 1 stage..

IMO he has a decent chance of staying but like I said, its only confident to say he's fine because everything else made him their bitch, Dracovish and darmanitan looks more likely to be suspected first.
I mostly agree. I'm fairly confident GF won't allow Toxic from old gen TMs, since they would probably not have removed ot otherwise (which I thought was a great move on their part) just like I expect Hidden Power and Pursuit won't be back. Even if the older mons make it back, I'm condident Aegi's debuffs let it stick around the meta from now on

I mostly agree. I'm fairly confident GF won't allow Toxic from old gen TMs, since they would probably not have removed ot otherwise (which I thought was a great move on their part) just like I expect Hidden Power and Pursuit won't be back. Even if the older mons make it back, I'm condident Aegi's debuffs let it stick around the meta from now on
I wouldn't necessarily conflate the two situations. Hidden Power and Pursuit have flags in the code that renders them unusable by anything. Toxic was just removed from the TM list, but is still perfectly usable in-game. While it is possible that Home will force Pokemon to delete moves they can't be taught in Galar, the only precedent we have to go by indicates that we'll get Toxic back on stuff once Home rolls around, just like how before the USUM move tutors, the only way to get Defog on a lot of stuff was to transfer it up from Gen 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)