AFD Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.
They forgot about Shaymin-S ;(

Good April Fool's joke, though. (or was it pretty bad?)
Would probably be better if it wasn't a rehash of ou last year but still good nontheless. (also got some people)
Edit: Would be nice if we were important enough to get a joke "suspect" ladder to temporarily abuse these "changes"

truedrew

Banned deucer.
I honestly think talonflame is pretty balanced considering that it's been confirmed that there is going to be a new fighting rock type which is a tank. Don't believe me? My father works at Nintendo and showed me sun and moon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As a council member, I agree with these decisions. Flying struggles with a multitude of types such as Psychic, and Dragon so unbanning Altaria and Talonflame is the right decision. However, to prevent Flying from becoming too OP banning Zard-Y as a whole would be the most logical decision. (This is to prevent sun from becoming OP as well)

In the test tour eariler, I would've usually been beaten by Soma's Dragon, but with Alt and Talon I had a fighting chance. These bans make sense, and will benefit mono. Thank you Scpinion for these unbans

Entei

TIMMEHHHHHHHHHHHHhHhhhh
is a Tiering Contributor
As a council member, I agree with these decisions. Flying struggles with a multitude of types such as Psychic, and Dragon so unbanning Altaria and Talonflame is the right decision. However, to prevent Flying from becoming too OP banning Zard-Y as a whole would be the most logical decision. (This is to prevent sun from becoming OP as well)

In the test tour eariler, I would've usually been beaten by Soma's Dragon, but with Alt and Talon I had a fighting chance. These bans make sense, and will benefit mono. Thank you Scpinion for these unbans
How hard did you struggle with your own laughter bursting out while writing this

How hard did you struggle with your own laughter bursting out while writing this
Why would I laugh tho...
1. I'm in class 2. Council talked about this matter for 3 hours yesterday so I went to bed at 12, and 3. They didn't consider unbanning Ho-oh so I'm mad.

Alright, so I figured I'd type up my thoughts on this:

I feel like these unbans for flying aren't enough. As it is still such a weak type. Taking super-effective damage from the ever common boltbeam coverage on both ends, as well as taking super effective damage from stone edge, which is all over the metagame on many types, and its weakness to setup from mons like curse gastrodon.

So, I hear you asking, how do we strengthen this horrible type?

I say we unban Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I can hear you complaining now about how such pathetic mons won't ever help this abominable type, but, hear me out.

As stealth rocks litter the meta, Lugia's Multiscale is effectively nullified and garbage, forcing it to run Pressure to attempt to stall out other walls.

It is also extremely weak to status effects, having no immunities, unlike the horrendus Skarmory, or Charizard-Y (Thank god we're banning it.)

This means, a good player could toxic a Lugia on a Roost, which it would have to do to regain its crap multiscale, should it decide to run it, even though I stated pressure was better previously.
This means couldn't otherwise do anything back, having to continuously click roost so that it doesn't take more damage.

Now, Ho-Oh on the other hand, is actually garbage. 100%

Being a Fire/Flying type, it is extremely susceptible to Stealth Rocks, and for a defensive pokemon with a whopping 154 SpD, it can't effectively take hits with only 50% HP.

Ho-Oh is also so physically frail it is forced to run sacred fire to burn things for a psuedo-defense buff. Any player could easily switch in a Flash Fire pokemon like Eviolite Lampent or Flareon, found commonly on fire, to soak up its only good STAB. I say only good because Ho-Oh wouldn't run Brave Bird, of course! Not as a wall coming in at 50%!

If a player WERE bad enough to run Brave Bird, though, that would be fine, as Heatran walls and kills it back with Stone Edge:

0 Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 292-344 (70.3 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This forces the Ho-Oh to have to have sick dodging skills, which we know never happens in this game.

This is why we should give the poor, bad flying type the horrid Pokemon Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Thank you for your time. #FreeHoOh

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

What people don't realize is that I made council member Anttya see the light and forced her to play some PO laddering matches. She told me very explicitly she'd never convert but on the fifth day she caved. I can only wonder how long it took her to convince scpinion n and the other council members.

Actually speaking about that:

My assumption was that Anttya assigned Scp and the other council members until April 2nd to try out PO. Scp being the most well known of the bunch was to formally say he was on vacation, but secretly he was going to see if he would cave like Anttya. However, today is March 29th and yet he's already back and posted his wonderful discovery of how much he liked PO. #Collusion

Now that we're all on board with this wonderful plan to become like Pokemon Online, I have a suggestion for the community:

• Since we're all desperately waiting for the chance to bring this to PS!, why don't we get a clan going to head to PO to practice for this amazing metagame well-ahead of time. For those who don't, I'm sorry to say that you'll fall behind when Anttya and myself take over this new ladder. Also I'm sorry to all you Fire users, but Suicune meta confirmed with the ban of Mega Y and the unban of Talon. GG

I want to give a special S/O to Dirpz who joined me in the original laddering session on PO Monotype to convert our dear friend Anttya. Our contributions did do something to the tier friend! Now it's time for everyone else to experience the utopia that is the PO banlist. If anyone has any questions about the laddering clan, please contact my associate Anttya who is now my secretary post MonoPL. Thank you and hope you guys enjoyed what we did for you guys!

When the main discussion thread has been cluttered by irrelevant posts...

Please get back on topic. Here are some good questions to ask yourself

- How will these bans / unbans affect the metagame?
- Will certain types rise in usage? (Flying because unbans, Ice to c-team etc)
- Is there anything else that we should consider unbanning? (Type bans are allowed now!) Apparently they're not :(
- Why is Sae Sae trying to take over both PO and PS?

Last edited:
-Why is the council trying to fool us?
-How will the gullible players react to this new banlist?
-Is there a reason to not unban Mega Rayquaza, and even all of the Arceus?

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
- Is there anything else that we should consider unbanning? (Type bans are allowed now!)
From now on we're going to adopt a banlist that builds from the one used by PO. Observe that I said "builds from", not mimics or copies. Overall, the council thinks type bans shouldn't be allowed, but we do like the direction they've taken the Monotype meta.
Anttya is officially the least informed council member. Type bans still aren't allowed Nubttya :/

Oh we aren't? huh, guess I was busy doing something else when we were talking about that. This is the NU subforum right?

When the main discussion thread has been cluttered by irrelevant posts...

Please get back on topic. Here are some good questions to ask yourself

- How will these bans / unbans affect the metagame?
- Will certain types rise in usage? (Flying because unbans, Ice to c-team etc)
- Is there anything else that we should consider unbanning? (Type bans are allowed now!) Apparently they're not :(
- Why is Sae Sae trying to take over both PO and PS?
Ok doing some predictions to the new metagame:

- Genesect: on monosteel we have back the best gravity user, specially to deal with those pesky air balloon Heatran, a set to be wary is:

Genesect@Metronome
252 SpA 252 Spe
- Charge Beam
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Ground
- Gravity
u spam charge beam for a sweep, energy ball for dem grounds and gravity and hp ground for Tran.
On monobug don't use Genesect, it's outclassed for forretress becos more bulk, more hazards, more letters in the name, etc

- Mega altaria: on monodragon... So ok, dragons hate fairies, mega altaria is a fairy, dragons hate mega altaria, there is no reason a true monodragon team to use mega altaria. My logic is flawless.
On monoflying is ok, flyings were lacking a cloud pokemon so that's it (fuck you thundurus)

- Aegislash: many people complained in the past at how aegislash forced 50/50 situations with its signature move king shield. So now think again, u will be forced to think 60/30 or 75/25 or wathever (I'm not good at math) again aegislash:

Aegislash@Rocky Helmet
252 Hp 252 Def
- King Shield
- Spite
- Rest
- Destiny Bond
Think again if u gonna hit this thing, u could be hurt bu rocky helmet, attack lowered by da shield, spited or killed by destiny bond. Rest is so u can repeat the process over and over again.

- Talonflame/mega charizard x: I put these 2 together on flying becos a simple reason: they sucks on flying, I think we all know what is the reason and if u don't know it u deserve to be covered on rocks.
On fire talonflame can be a good mega charizard Y replacement, just don't forget to give it a heat rock, sunny day and fire blast.

So that's how I predict the new monotype metagame will be from now. Feel free to disagree however.

Yes.... YES! I may now once again TERRORize the tier with my ACE Zard X, mindlessly switching between Zard-X, Skarm and Zapdos, leaving the metagame STUNned at how to deal with my Zard-X/Lando-I/Gyara offensive core...

That core is too good.

You need to use the unique and unused core of Zard-X / Skarmory / Zapdos

This core, while new and unpopular, has some real potential in my opinion.

This is outstanding!!!!!!

According to my calculations it's quite logical, with the burnt chicken and dragon breath on Flying once more, the amount of Flying spam will increase by 200%, remarkable!!! Flying will be able to eliminate Grass a lot more easier than they do now, remarkable!!!!
Talonflame can sweep the majority of Fighting and now they're force to run Focus Sash Keldeo, remarkable!!!
Zard X doesn't give a crap about Steel the worst case scenario is losing 6-0 from it, remarkable!!!
Ice will be even more crap, remarkable!!!
Flying and Bug will be just as disgusting and revolting as ever, remarkable!!!
Mega Altaria will once more Pixilate Dark and Dragon, just simply remarkable!!!

Now unban Mega Mawile and Mega Metagross.

Honestly, this metagame is destroyed and the tables have been flipped. Someone please kill me softly.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Although these unbans sounded a bit wacky at first, I think it'll help Flying with a lot of matchups (Which I love, since I main Flying.) For the types which'll rise in usage, I can see Flying rising up due to the buffs and one nerf it received in banned Zard-Y, and types like Ice might also rise up in usage to have an advantage over Flying teams (Although they might struggle against Zard-X or special Fire Blast M-Alt), but overall, I like the direction that Monotype is taking, and I'll be happy to play this new meta once it comes out!

Also obligatory unban Mega Mawile sentence. :3

Hello, I have a proposal to make.

I have been messing around with the new Monotype and I've noticed something. Water is just terrible.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-351815052

In this replay, you can see that the person who was using Water lost. Therefore, Water needs a buff to keep up with the times. I suggest Slowbronite. scpinion , I'm sure you'll agree with me, but water will greatly benefit from the unban. I almost lost because I got crit by a Knock Off but if that was Mega Slowbro, I wouldn't have been haxed at all. Furthermore, its stats aren't even that good. Lets take a look at them:

HP 95 Atk 75 Def 180 SpA 130 SpD 80 Spe 30 BST 590

95 HP is decent, but it's not that good. When we have threats running around Monotype like Blissey, we can see that Slowbro clearly sucks in the HP department.

It has a very good 75 Atk, but everyone has 0 skill, and will try and abuse Scald so this is irrelevant.

Ah, 180 Defense. This would be considered "good" but ask yourself this. Is Shuckle good? No? There you go. You might argue that Slowbro has recovery, but that's why you have Taunt lol.

SpA 130 is high, I'll give you that. But the community allowed Hoopa-U to stay and that has a base 170 special attack combined with a base 80 speed tier so Slowbro is obviously not broken.

80 SpD is trash.. It gets 1HKOed by Specs Thunder Magnezone with a helping hand boost. Soooo

Finally, we have the 30 speed. This can't even outrun a Caterpie so hello? This mon 100% sucks

So yeah, please o mighty council.. consider this and unban Slowbronite!

Last edited:
Not to be that guy.....but I think we've rly meme'd up the thread, we should probably get into a serious topic before TI gets pissed and punishes us all lol
7.8/10 Not enough unbans ;P

But seriously tho, we should probably be focused on metagame trends after Unbound survived the suspect test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)