AFD Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't believe you guys saw through our AFD joke.

It's not like I copied from OU last year, or we proposed some pretty ridiculous stuff.

However, that is enough memeing in this thread. I'm going to code the AFD meta into TLM so we can have some fun with it in the room for the next couple days. If you wanna drop a replay to show talonflame is broken, the immunity core on steel is really good, or something else along those lines that is fine, but lets try to tone this back a bit.

I can't believe you guys saw through our AFD joke.
It's not like I copied from OU last year, or we proposed some pretty ridiculous stuff.

However, that is enough memeing in this thread. I'm going to code the AFD meta into TLM so we can have some fun with it in the room for the next couple days. If you wanna drop a replay to show talonflame is broken, the immunity core on steel is really good, or something else along those lines that is fine, but lets try to tone this back a bit.
Ok i’m kinda happy that this gets coded in to TLM. It somewhat represents the XY meta that a lot of us love. But if you are going to put the effort coding a meta to TLM, Can i please suggest that you would at least consider coding XY Mono in there too someday. Its something that has a established player base, but no where to play it. It’s unbalanced sure, but on the other hand really versitile and colorful. Considering the attention Mono BH, Mono UU and other mono OM’s (that aren’t really popular) get, i think its time that XY mono gets some love. I know coding a tier to a bot is a really painful and time consuming progress though i feel like it would be worth it in the long run. Im sorry if this is somewhat off-topic and is derailing the discussion, still i feel like im talking behalf of the whole community when i say we want to have a place where we can play XY mono.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Can we include type bans in this? We already have ridiculous things unbanned, so including stuff like Skymin on Grass and Kyreum-W on Ice would be fun :)

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok then can I propose that AFD Mono should get a ladder up till April 1? I mean its already getting coded in TLM, so maybe it having a ladder that people can have fun on could be warranted?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was meant to be a joke. We don't want our ladder to facilitate a joke metagame. There are plenty of room tours to spam broken stuff in.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok then can I propose that AFD Mono should get a ladder up till April 1? I mean its already getting coded in TLM, so maybe it having a ladder that people can have fun on could be warranted?
We don't control that. The admins control what metagames get ladders and they won't let Mono UU get a ladder, so there is exactly 0% likelihood of our April Fools joke getting its own ladder.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello friends, my name is Twix and I would like to propose a quick ban on a broken move in the AFD MONOTYPE MONOTYPE OM. Baton Pass is an absurdly broken move in this metagame, as well as in Monotype as a whole.

The main culprit of this broken strategy is none other than the broken balloon, Drifblim. As seen in this replay, Drifblim LIVES A 97.5 BASE POWER SUPER EFFECTIVE ATTACK, GETS THE WEAKNESS POLICY BOOST, and uses SUBSTITUTE. Now, my opponent has not shit themselves yet, but once THEY REALIZED IT GOT THE SPEED BOOST from UNBURDEN they went crazy.

DUE TO THIS INSANE MOVE, MY OPPONENT WAS SO TAKEN ABACK HE WENT FOR STICKY WEBS ON A FLYING TYPE TEAM AND LET MY MAN GET A STOCKPILE BOOST. THEN, HAWLUCHA"S SUBSTITUTE WAS ABLE TO LIVE A 55 BASE POWER SUPER EFFECTIVE MOVE AND A KNOCK OFF AND FIRED BACK WITH DOS ACROBATICOS. THIS CAUSED HIM TO GET BLOWN BACK SO FAR HE TRIED TO LEECH SEED A SUBSTITUTE. then he just clicked the x. gg.

BATON PASS ISN"T JUST BROKEN IN GAME, IT WAS ABLE TO WARP THE MIND OF THIS YOUNG MAN/WOMAN/BABYSELF AND PICK UP THE EASY W.

Please ban this,
Twix
monotype legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)