Resource AG Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
1608394737642.png
Click on the sprites to access the importable.
Teams may have edits from the Anything Goes Resources Council.

Calm Mind Kyogre + Resttalk Zacian Balance by Icemaster
:kyogre::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::zacian-crowned::ditto:
Sticky Webs Hyper Offense by Icemaster
:galvantula::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::calyrex-shadow::kyogre:
Dual Xerneas Offense by Icemaster
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::xerneas::xerneas:
Specs Caly + LO Etern Bulky Offense by BaconEatinAssassin
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ferrothorn::zacian-crowned:
Scarf Caly + Band Marsh Balance by WSun1
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::kyogre::marshadow:
Life Orb Zygarde-C Bulky Offense by BaconEatinAssassin
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::zygarde::zacian-crowned:
Calm Mind Kyogre Balance by Fardin
:kyogre::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ferrothorn::ditto:
CB Yveltal + Marsh Bulky Offense by Fardin
:zacian-crowned::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ho-oh::marshadow:
Gothitelle + Zacian-C Balance by Trade
:zacian-crowned::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::lunala::gothitelle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
This has been updated! Newly added teams:

Zacian-C Hazard Stack by Icemaster
:zacian-crowned::ferrothorn::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:
Baton Pass Hyper Offense by Bread Sandwich
:excadrill::xerneas::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::kyogre::calyrex-shadow:
Triple Beam Dreams by Guard
:zacian-crowned::lunala::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:
Glacial Brawl by Guard
:marshadow::kyogre::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:
Dual Demolition by Guard
:kyurem-white::ho-oh::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::ditto:
Sheer Cold Kyogre Balance by Fardin
:kyogre::ferrothorn::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::ditto:
Life Orb Zygarde-C Balance by BaconEatinAssassin
:zacian-crowned::zygarde-complete::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:

Removed teams:
Toxic Spikes + Dragon Tail Zygarde Balance by Catalystic
:Zacian-Crowned::Eternatus::Ho-Oh::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Zygarde-Complete::Yveltal:
Assurance Zacian Hazard Stack by Guard
:Zacian-Crowned::Ferrothorn::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Ho-Oh::Lunala::Yveltal:
Palkia + Bulky Calm Mind Kyogre Balance by Guard
:Palkia::Ferrothorn::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Kyogre::Zacian-Crowned::Yveltal:
Groudon Zacian and Yveltal Offensive Hazard Stack by Icemaster
:Yveltal::Ferrothorn::Zacian-Crowned::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Ho-Oh::Groudon:
Nasty Plot Calyrex Balance by Icemaster
:Calyrex-Shadow::Yveltal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Eternatus::Ho-Oh::xerneas:

Enjoy!

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cro told me to repost this!
This team is a very solid balance that has performed very well on ladder, although I haven't taken any screenshots of peaks. It's worked really well against the Geadens and allowed me to reach the mid 1900s and maintain that elo for quite a while.

:ss/yveltal::ss/necrozma-dusk-mane::ss/ho-oh::ss/kyurem-white::ss/zacian-crowned::ss/calyrex-shadow:

Yveltal is running a fairly uncommon wallbreaking set here, something which is disappointingly underrepresented in the current samples. Physical Yveltal is an incredibly potent wallbreaker and lategame wincon that applies enormous pressure to most balances and provides invaluable speed control through Sucker Punch. Roost gives it the longevity necessary to wallbreak reliably throughout the game, and Knock Off lets it force progress against a lot of bulkier stuff by removing Heavy-Duty Boots from stuff like Yveltal or Ho-Oh that might try to stay in on it. It's not as reliable of a Calyrex-S check with this set, so the rest of the team has been optimized to ensure that there's still sufficient counterplay present.

The NDM here is a pretty standard set, doing the normal Zac-check thing with the only thing really worth mentioning being the speedcreep, which lets it revenge-kill heavily chipped opposing Necrozma-DM, potentially after Zacian-C has heavily damaged it.

Ho-Oh helps to protect against Calyrex-S, serving as a pivot and potential emergency check to it. It also provides useful hazard control since Yveltal has forgone Heavy-Duty Boots, and helps to keep Kyurem-W healthy. It also checks Marshadow for Kyurem-W, which is very useful, and helps to improof Zacian-C since Wild Charge is a frankly awful choice for Ditto if Necrozma-DM switches in. Phazing helps to beat random cheesy baton pass strategies on ladder and deter setup attempts from random stuff like Toxic Zygarde.

Kyurem-W is the obligatory Kyogre Check, handling most common sets with ease, while also seriously pressuring bulkier teams with Sheer Cold. It also helps the Zygarde matchup since it can block setup attempts by most sets. It can also serve as an emergency Calyrex-S check with Dynamax should it become necessary, which it almost never does.

Zacian-C does usual broken stuff, taking advantage of this team's ability to stack up pressure on Necrozma-DM through Yveltal, Ho-Oh and Calyrex-S to be an enormous threat. Ditto isn't a huge issue since between Calyrex-S, Ho-Oh, and Necrozma-DM, it's pretty easy to keep under control.

Choice Scarf Calyrex-S rounds out the squad, helping to threaten Calyrex-S sets that can break through Yveltal, such as Specs and Life Orb while also providing general speed control, notably easing the matchup against Choice Scarf Kyogre. Trick should be used with caution against opposing Yveltal, since you'll likely be hitting it with a Knock Off from your own Yveltal, negating the benefit of crippling it. Aromatherapy helps ease the matchup against Eternatus and Ho-Oh, which could otherwise make tremendous progress by crippling Yveltal.

This team feels extremely solid and has performed well on both ladder and roomtours, and I hope that it'll receive consideration when you guys update samples! Have a nice day & thanks for reading this.

Last edited:
:ss/slurpuff: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/zacian: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/yveltal:

I've posted this team elsewhere before, but I've found lots of success using this team in both ladder, reaching 2002 with 94.2% gxe, and tours.

Puff is the best web setter in the tier currently and I feel like that should be reflected in the samples if there is a webs team. 17 defense IVs allow Puff to eat adamant Life Orb DWB from Yveltal and ensures with sash you end up with webs. Magic Coat and Yawn add to Puff's support options, especially if you bounce back rocks. Misty Explosion is mainly to get puff off the field without losing momentum.

Lando-T is a fantastic mon to pair with Puff here. It's the only rocker on the team, but puff often manages to get rocks up. Sash is here so you should always get rocks up, but also allows Lando to pressure the opponent with SD. Especially if puff gets rocks up, SD Lando with sash intact becomes a very real threat to most team. Explosion allows it to prevent defogs from most support defoggers and also serves to improof Lando against Ditto (either forces a switch, explosion, or dynamax, which are all good).

Zacian-H is probably the most unconventional mon on this team, especially the fact that it's choice locked. However, there is no true switch ins to Zacian-H if you can make the right predictions. CC and Crunch can 2kho NDM on the switch, while PR threatens any dragons and Yveltal. Wild Charge allows it to smack Ho-oh and Kyogre. Zac is a very high risk-high reward mon that also forces out lots of dynamaxes. The mon can also tank a surprising number of hits including a 37.5% to live Ditto's play rough from full, so it gets lots of opportunities to fire off attacks.

NDM serves as the Zacian improof as well as a powerful sweeper. Life orb gives NDM consistent damage output without having to burn dynamax like weakness policy. EdgeQuake coverage allows it to hit most of the tier (minus Lunala) for good damage, while Sunsteel deals with the ones who do resist it. DD isn't used very often due to the power of Ditto+dynamax, however late game DDs often just end games on the spot.

Yveltal is probably the next most unusual mon on the team. Taunt prevents defogs and recovers to keep up the pressure. Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing provide strong stab moves, especially in dynamax. Sucker punch is to improof Caly and NDM and prevent opposing Caly-S from getting out of control. Sucker also does a decent chunk to Zacian-Crowned, often putting it in range of Caly afterwards.

Caly-S is the last member of the team. Just its presence provides an immense amount of pressure on opposing Yveltal which is already overloaded with Yveltal and NDM. Sub allows it to outplay Sucker Yvel while capitolizing on the many free switches it forces. +2 lorb Draining Kiss always KOs non dynamaxed Yveltal. This is often the last mon on the field and man, it does such an amazing job of cleaning up weakened teams with or without dynamax.

Throughout all my testing, I haven't found a more consistent webs team than this. It has many options to win games and good answers to ditto that other webs team fear.

Last edited:
:ss/xerneas: :ss/xerneas: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/yveltal: :ss/ditto: :ss/ferrothorn:

This team is a pretty phenomenal ladder team in my opinion; I shredded through the ladder some time ago with a very impressive W/L using solely this team (this is documented on my YouTube channel). The team is carried offensively by two identical Power Herb Geomancy Xerneas, which together can break past just about anything in the meta, including Dynamax checks like NDM, given there are two of them. Blissey would be an exception to this, but the steel-type walls in Necrozma and Ferrothorn come in and threaten it out with ease. Ditto is a must-have for a ladder team, threatening common HO teams and common sweepers like Zacian-C and Calyrex-S. NDM and Yveltal are the obvious defensive support picks, with Yveltal's IV spread being just enough to outspeed min-speed Groudon and Kyogre. Ferrothorn carries Utility Umbrella to provide a better cushion against the powerful Choice Specs Kyogre. With Xerneas being an extremely powerful Pokemon and Hazard Stack being extremely viable at this stage in the metagame, I feel like this team introduces newer players to a pretty straightforward team utilizing multiple standard aspects of the meta that will be very successful on ladder and in roomtours and friendlies.

Edit: Fixed Yveltal’s stat spread in the importable

Last edited:

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/groudon: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/eternatus: :ss/calyrex-shadow:

This team was built around Groudon, and it's done relatively well in challenges despite it lacking a Yveltal and me haven't been playing for a while.

SD LO Groudon was a menace earlier on in the metagame, wreaking havoc against just about any team lacking a fast defensive Lunala. While it has fallen off, unprepared teams get demolished rather easily, even without Groudon using Dynamax. With Calyrex-S not wanting to risk switching in, an Adamant nature is used, with enough Speed to outspeed Adamant Zacian-C at +1.

Dual Ho-Oh aims to make use of Groudon's sun to boost Sacred Fire and Flare Blitz, while also checking many of the tier's behemoths in Xerneas, special Yveltal, Marshadow, and Calyrex-S. 8 Speed EVs allows the physically defensive Ho-Oh to outspeed Jolly Zacian-C, which is something minor but nice to know. Thunder Wave neutralizes most opposing offensive Pokemon, which is especially useful for this team as most of its members tend to be slower than said threats before paralysis.

Necrozma-DM has a standard defensive set; nothing to say about it besides that it's crept for opposing Necrozma-DM.

Eternatus is also pretty standard; Sludge Bomb helps fish for poison against switch-ins like Ho-Oh and Yveltal. This set originally had Dragon Pulse over Dynamax Cannon, but it was changed due to never actually reaching 8/16 PP.

Of course, Thunder Wave isn't always effective and offensive Pokemon often have ways around it, so Choice Scarf Calyrex-S was added. It's the standard set; Aromatherapy helps due to the team being prone to status. Trick can prevent Yveltal in particular from annoying it and other members of the team.

Last edited:

Pokemh

Banned deucer.
Hey I got a sample submission that got me a 31-0 and a 35-0 that focuses on getting rid of the zyg check with pressuring yveltal and other kyuw while having 2 foggers to almost always get rocks off of you and having a lot of soft checks to zacian caly and kyogre in boots kyuw ho oh and zyg.
:(Ho-Oh): :(Yveltal): :(Ditto): :(Necrozma-Dusk-Mane): :(Kyurem-White): :(Zygarde):

Weaknesses: Cm t wave or any defensive kyogre since draco over sheer cold and specs kyogre is a problem since this team has no speed control and no real way to deal with specs kyogre played well. Some lo zyg sets and lo dd dusk mane sets can also mess with this team. SD or play rough zacian’s can also be threats if ndm is low and they preserved there on dusk mane or scarf caly to clean up.

Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1394865127 standard ladder ho

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1392792243-1op2so81cihxlhuperhcqw9ksy3y52spw Lycan Ho

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1394856564 Tons of mons my team cannot really handle comfortably and flinched by weavile but the team still found a way to win with ditto and get rocks up

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1391173784-ngxivf3qnu39thero8io11v0w3vs01kpw
Critting the cm kyogre the only win con…
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1396306354-iaudb6dl05s08pvs02cz2p2ugx0olswpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1390400897-4luzjoi6mzjgfn7gd96kfg9vnyuujsdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1390379672-chmkj8bju9mc0vp60s2za1vgrjii4iqpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1391129506
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1391127726

Paste: https://pokepast.es/0d2627068b786fd5

Attachments

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
gonna throw my hat into the ring, dont think these are my best teams but they're probably the most sample friendly, all of these won in ag team tournaments

life orb zygarde balance

bacon asked me to submit lo zyg so this is a pretty normal take on lo zyg + zacian-c, extremely strong offensive core backed up by ndm + etern + yve + lunala defensive. built this to use against ff2 and won in agpl to great effect.

groudon + ferrothorn balance

built this in umpl to use vs geysers and won. very strong balance team that uses the broken rocks groudon + zac core, while the rest fills in quite nicely with dd ndm and idef bpress ferro (can also do curse + knock if the caly matchup is difficult). hazard stacking + zac is extremely good right now.

double life orb offense

alternative lo zyg build that i built for jerry to use in agpl finals and it won vs maple. pretty basic stuff all around, overload the opponent with one of ur two dynamaxers, ditto rounds out the defensive core as a catch-all. zygarde + caly is cool offensively because 1) zyg can remove yve with rockfall, 2) idef bpress ferro switching into zyg lets in caly for free, 3) caly can offensively cover lunala and ferro. this zygarde is edgequake to help with the ditto matchup (as seen in the jerry v maple game), and defensive zygarde isn't the biggest issue with caly able to take advantage of rest.

thanks bye

Last edited:
Gothitelle x Zacian Balance

Gothitelle is a mainstay in the AG metagame. It's not as common as other top threats, but it can easily turn matchups on their heads and eliminate certain passive counters for your other Pokemon to steam through the opponent. In particular, Zacian-Crowned appreciates Gothitelle's ability to remove its biggest check in the game, Dusk-Mane Necrozma. Gothitelle can trap DM Necrozma using its Arena Trap ability, and stall it out using a combination of Charm, to ensure that DM Necrozma cannot kill it; Rest, to keep its vitality; and Taunt to win the PP war faster. Zacian can then eliminate every other relevant Pokemon in the meta.

Eternatus is here as a secondary sweeper. It can do massive work by setting up with Cosmic Power and Meteor Beam. The most common checks to this specific set are common Steels such as Ferrothorn and the aforementioned DM Necrozma, which are both eliminated by Gothitelle. It also acts as a good blanket check to most Kyogre sets. Yveltal is here for Defog support and as a Calyrex check. We also have our own DM Necrozma for opposing Zacians. Lastly, we have Lunala as our Phys. Def glue, helping the team dispatch threats such as Groudon and Zygarde (as long as you use your Dynamax correctly).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1402720265

Gothitelle x Kyogre Balance

Same reasoning as above, but here, your main sweeper will be Kyogre. SubCM Rest is a menace to deal with and is stopped primarily by Ferrothorn, and some Eternatus sets. The concept then is the same as Gothitelle can take care of both (EVs are changed to focus on SpA sponging, though it can still take on Necrozma as well). Because of Kyogre's better ability to take on Phys. Def attackers, Yveltal can run U-Turn over Sucker Punch in lieu of speed control in the form of Scarf Shadow Rider Calyrex, which is a great cleaner on this team. The removal of Lunala is not missed and the added momentum from U-Turn helps in trapping the relevant Pokemon (Eternatus). Eternatus also needs to have its set changed to something less passive as Zacian was the wallbreaker in the last team, so LO 3 Attacks is used.

Hazard Stack Offense
Broken.

[Will add more teams later]

Last edited:
I guess this is balanced offense (:
I will do more of an analyses with more calcs if people like the team. i've laddered with this team for months now and absolutely love it. I peaked with it and I find it has very little weaknesses. Sticky webs is v scary esp with the dual lead of slur puff and lando but I find a first turn max yveltal can set up and punish these teams. Stall with the right user beats this team 50% of the time. it is integral tricking the scarf onto ttar or Quagsire to win. sheer cold and ohko teams are inherently rng focused and as a result can win with some good luck. I find sacking the defensive mons to waste pp most useful but rest talk lapras is mean with its pp. dance zekrom teams must be dealt with immediately. scarf zacian outspeeds +1 zekrom (obviously) and ohkos with play rough (beware of misses). and scarf caly outspeeds +2 zekrom. I find dyanamax lead Groupon somewhat scary but dyna yveltal can squash it as long as they don't insta dmax rockfall on u. well thats all I can think of at the moment... enjoy (:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Assurance

one of the main killers on the team. keeping rocks up while NDM is alive is integral to this mons success. assurance does about 60% damage allowing cc to finish after rocks damage reliably. Wild charge ohkos ho oh and yveltal and does about 80% damage to kyogre while NOT dynamaxed. Behemoth blade does great stab damage and does well against slow dynamaxers. I run jolly, not sure If it necessarily makes sense but I like outspending other zacian and the damage is still great. close combat ohkos ferrothorn as well.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Aromatherapy

I started using caly shadow and loved it. I recently switched this mon to ditto for more utility and to help against webs which cripples this no defog team. scarf caly has great sweep potentials without webs. trick provides a nice tech and aromatherapy is there in case of stall and anti calyx teams. scarf caly ohkos NDM which is very nice.

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

this mon is one of my favorite additions to the ag world. The spdef power house wins the battle between other offensive Eternatus and only loses to screens belt Draco Eternatus. With pressure and massive spdef, Eternatus becomes a fantastic wall against most of the meta game. dmax cannon should be preserved until needed due to low pp. Eternatus does well against gothitelle. toxic spikes can change the trajectory of a game if they have no poison. it also helps to predict and punish defoggers and rapid spinners while coupled with zacian.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun

By far the best and my favorite mon in the new meta. this thing just doesn't die. only gets ohkod by life orb special yveltal. this is my dedicated lead. get rocks up and keep them up. I love knocking off a defensive yveltal or ho oh early game and shredding it with rocks late game. morning sun provides great recovery except against weather users like offensive kyogre teams or stall based ttar teams. even then keep this baddie alive as long as possible. Ive seen very few people run assurance zacian c giving NDM the premier role in countering zacian. as long as NDM is above 60ish% it can recover and use rocky helmet to chip opposing zacian. scarf calyx then ohkos zacian after rocks damage and 1 rocky helmet contact.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

I love this baddie. I always aggressively Dynamax yveltal for better or for worse as I can usually poke some holes into the opposing team if I have a free max airstream turn. Max fire whatever ohkos zacian c and heat wave ohkos in sun. the rest is pretty standard but the damage is quit intense. People like to switch in ho oh or spdef yveltal or Eternatus. just click max darkness to get the spdef drops and proceed accordingly. teams with all three of these mons can switch in and out wasting the Dynamax turns so be aware. Another great use is max darkness sucker punch. the does about 70-8% to chansey and Blissey hard nuking them.

Zacian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Wild Charge

the other five mons on this team can basically beat any team of 6 by themselves pretty easily. the 6th mon is more variable. That being said scarf zacian was my choice even before it got banned from Ubers. with scarf it gets up to 613 or something like that and outspeeds all scarfs except for caly. I like the soft check on caly as I use yveltal offensively and I don't have other counters otherwise. it also provides another mon for wild charge use to counter defensive birds and kyogre who's very mean ): close combat does great damage to zacian c and NDM. crunch makes lunala just yknow. play rough is the main late game sweeper move that does insane damage to anything non steel. the ag poison users have dragon double typing so hit that play rough. wild charge does 80ish to defensive toxapex as well.

https://pokepast.es/f6d8f9a964476cf2

Last edited:

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/groudon: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/eternatus: :ss/calyrex-shadow:

This team was built around Groudon, and it's done relatively well in challenges despite it lacking a Yveltal and me haven't been playing for a while.

SD LO Groudon was a menace earlier on in the metagame, wreaking havoc against just about any team lacking a fast defensive Lunala. While it has fallen off, unprepared teams get demolished rather easily, even without Groudon using Dynamax. With Calyrex-S not wanting to risk switching in, an Adamant nature is used, with enough Speed to outspeed Adamant Zacian-C at +1.

Dual Ho-Oh aims to make use of Groudon's sun to boost Sacred Fire and Flare Blitz, while also checking many of the tier's behemoths in Xerneas, special Yveltal, Marshadow, and Calyrex-S. 8 Speed EVs allows the physically defensive Ho-Oh to outspeed Jolly Zacian-C, which is something minor but nice to know. Thunder Wave neutralizes most opposing offensive Pokemon, which is especially useful for this team as most of its members tend to be slower than said threats before paralysis.

Necrozma-DM has a standard defensive set; nothing to say about it besides that it's crept for opposing Necrozma-DM.

Eternatus is also pretty standard; Sludge Bomb helps fish for poison against switch-ins like Ho-Oh and Yveltal. This set originally had Dragon Pulse over Dynamax Cannon, but it was changed due to never actually reaching 8/16 PP.

Of course, Thunder Wave isn't always effective and offensive Pokemon often have ways around it, so Choice Scarf Calyrex-S was added. It's the standard set; Aromatherapy helps due to the team being prone to status. Trick can prevent Yveltal in particular from annoying it and other members of the team.

I'd like to tweak this submission (if that's possible).

So here's what I changed:

- Groudon's set was changed; Aerial Ace was replaced with Rock Polish, allowing Groudon to boost its Speed without having to Dynamax. Life Orb was replaced with Soft Sand, as when Dynamaxed it still OHKOes all Zygarde variants at +2 (and Life Orb boosting Stone Edge/Max Rockfall doesn't matter that much).
- Its EVs were changed to accommodate for this - it now hits 241 Speed, fast enough to outspeed opposing 56 Spe Zygarde-50%.
- Specially defensive Ho-Oh's EV spread was changed to outspeed paralyzed Calyrex-S.
- Eternatus' EV spread was changed to hit 352 Speed; now it outspeeds opposing Adamant Marshadow and slow Zacian-C. Its item was changed to Sitrus Berry so it could better check Marshadow.
- Mystical Fire and Sludge Bomb were replaced with Flamethrower and Toxic, respectively - the SpA drop wasn't very valuable, and Toxic lets Eternatus check Calm Mind Kyogre better with Whirlwind Ho-Oh - something this team struggled with before.
- This is small, but Calyrex-S now has 4 Def EVs.

I also have another team that was quite successful:

:ss/groudon: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/yveltal: :ss/necrozma-dusk-mane: :ss/eternatus: :ss/calyrex-shadow:

As you can tell, I like Groudon.

Groudon's the same here as it is in the above team, except it doesn't need to reach the same Speed stat due to Ferrothorn checking opposing Zygarde well.

Physically defensive Ferrothorn checks opposing Zygarde as previously said, but can also soft-check Calm Mind Kyogre and Yveltal - traits that are quite rare. It also appeals as a useful Spikes user - most Pokemon take a chunk when switching in, which is useful on a team with Pokemon great at forcing switches like Groudon and Calyrex-S. Iron Defense + Body Press is notoriously effective, granting Ferrothorn a consistent offensive presence against more passive Pokemon lacking Fire-type moves. Leech Seed offers great synergy with Groudon and Calyrex-S, two offensive menaces that often have trouble with longevity.

I found that Yveltal doesn't really need Defog, as it mostly impairs Ferrothorn's ability to hazard stack; I actually prefer Sucker Punch, which OHKOes opposing Dynamaxed Ditto transformed into Calyrex-S. Knock Off removing opposing Pokemon's items, some of which are bound to be Heavy-Duty boots, is valuable on hazard stack; U-Turn lets Yveltal pivot out from a Zacian-C switch-in. The EVs let Yveltal survive a Life Orb Marshadow's Poltergeist into Close Combat - Yveltal also hits 223 Speed, outspeeding most Calm Mind Kyogre while underspeeding the vast majority of Yveltal.

Necrozma-DM is standard. 8 Spe EVs lets it creep opposing Necrozma-DM, and it doesn't need to run Stealth Rock due to Ferrothorn offering hazard support; hence a Dragon Dance set is run.

Eternatus checks opposing Marshadow with Sitrus Berry; its EV spread allows it to outspeed Adamant Marshadow and slow Zacian-C. It's fairly standard - Toxic is run for opposing Calm Mind Kyogre.

Choice Scarf Calyrex-S is very strong speed control, outspeeding opposing boosted Zekrom, boosted Groudon, and even +2 Xerneas. Astral Barrage, Psyshock, and Aromathreapy are standard on Calyrex-S. However, Will-O-Wisp is not - nearly all Choice Scarf Calyrex-S run Trick - I decided to run it because removing Yveltal's Heavy-Duty Boots wasn't important on a team without Stealth Rock.

Last edited:
Hi everyone - we've finally updated samples! Thank you to everyone who submitted teams - it's always great to see exploration in a meta as centralized as ours.

Newly added teams:

3A Etern + Roar Kyogre Balance by BaconEatinAssassin
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::groudon::kyogre:
Specs Caly + LO Etern Bulky Offense by BaconEatinAssassin
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ferrothorn::ditto:
Scarf Caly + Band Marsh Balance by WSun1
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::kyogre::marshadow:
Life Orb Zygarde-C Bulky Offense by BaconEatinAssassin
:calyrex-shadow::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::zygarde::zacian-crowned:
CB Yveltal + Marsh Bulky Offense by Fardin
:zacian-crowned::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::ho-oh::marshadow:
Gothitelle + Zacian-C Balance by Trade
:zacian-crowned::eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::lunala::gothitelle:

Removed teams: (note that the remaining previous samples have been updated)

Baton Pass Hyper Offense by Bread Sandwich
:excadrill::xerneas::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::kyogre::calyrex-shadow:
Sticky Web Hyper Offense by Icemaster and Reje
:Shuckle::Regieleki::Yveltal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Kyogre::Calyrex-Shadow:
Triple Beam Dreams by Guard
:zacian-crowned::lunala::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:
Glacial Brawl by Guard
:marshadow::kyogre::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::calyrex-shadow:
Kyurem White Bulky Offense by Geysers
:ditto::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::kyurem-white::Calyrex-Shadow::Zacian-Crowned:

Enjoy! If you have any questions about sample selection, feel free to ask myself or another council member.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)