Resource AG Team Bazaar and Showcase

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

(thanks UberSkitty for the awesome banner!)

Welcome to the Anything Goes Team Bazaar! This is the thread for sharing teams you've built that you'd like to discuss or get advice on! In short, it's a thread where you can show off teams without having to go through the trouble of writing up a full RMT. As long as your team is aimed at being functional in the Anything Goes metagame, you're free to post it here (in other words, don't post a team of 6 Caterpies just because you think they're so darn cute). With that said, here are a few guidelines for posting here that you're expected to have read:
  • This isn't the place to post unfinished or untested teams. While the standards here are more lax than the RMT forum, you're still expected to put some effort into polishing your team before presenting them here.
  • If you're going to comment on a team, please be constructive about it. If someone gives feedback on your team, also try to approach it with a constructive attitude even if you don't necessarily agree.
  • Try to avoid one liners when commenting on a team. On a related note try and avoid long back-and-forth discussions arguing about a team. If it gets too out of hand, your posts may be deleted.
  • Include a description, importable, and sprites when posting teams please! Make sure your description addresses specific teambuilding choices and general strategy, as well as any unique sets that might be on your team.
  • Please don't ask for your team to be added to showcase or samples. If you want to know why your team was turned down, pm a council member and they'll try to give you some idea of why (don't nag though, decisions on teams will not be made right away).
The Anything Goes council will also be monitoring this thread for particularly good submissions, the best of which have a chance to be featured in our new team showcase or as sample teams in a separate thread.

In addition to the posting criteria above, the criteria for the Team Showcase are as follows:
  • The team is well-presented and has adequate descriptions for sets and how the team works.
  • Teams that feature a novel strategy, set or Pokemon have a better chance of getting showcased.
  • The team has been tested, with some measure of success on ladder or in tournaments.
  • The team doesn't have many glaring flaws. A couple threats that are hard to deal with is fine, but if your team struggles against multiple common Pokemon chances are it will not get showcased.
The standards for a team being selected for the Sample Teams are more strict than the showcase, and they are as follows:
  • The team is accompanied by a clear explanation of the roles of each member and how the team should be played.
  • The team should be representative of the Anything Goes metagame. Niche builds are less likely to be featured than ones that represent the defining builds of the metagame.
  • The team should be extensively tested and polished. Having demonstrated success on ladder and tournaments is also a plus.
  • The team should have sufficient counterplay to most or all of the metagame, as well as general team archetypes (webs, stall, etc).
  • Sample teams should be relatively simple and intuitive to use. A new player should be able to understand how the sets and team as a whole work based on a brief description. This is a little harder to quantify, so try to put yourself in the shoes of a newer player. Is the general strategy of this team immediately apparent just given your description? If not, it probably isn't suitable for samples.
The Anything Goes council will be monitoring this thread and we will add teams to the showcase and samples as we see fit. That's all, post away!

Last edited:
Hello I am going to start the thread by posting my psychic spam team here
I have found this team to be reliable and not as heavily matchup based as people claim it is
I will post a proof of peak later but I got to 1930 with this team
Importable is at the bottom for anyone wanting to give the team a whirl

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
This deoxys is my lead deoxys, Essentially it's job is to set up rocks and deal damage with psycho boost and low kick. I chose deoxys attack over deoxys speed because of it's high attack and ability to deal massive damage if necessary

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 76 Def / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

Mega mewtwo Y is a powerful special attacker with access to psystrike, a move that is invaluable to this team allowing it to beat blissey and chansey easily, It also aura sphere and fire blast to deal with dark and steel types that threaten the team

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Deoxys attack is the staple special attacker of the team, Few pokemon can survive an attack from this deoxys after it gets a +2 special attack boost
at +2 with psychic terrain up it is insanely hard to take out

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Dark Pulse

Scarf Deoxys is in as sort of an in case of emergency mon, this deoxys can take out other scarf attackers and pokemon that have boosted their speed such as geoxern, ddance mray and rock polish necrozma-dm (at low health)

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 164 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

I originally put geoxern on the team to beat scarf yveltal teams but xerneas has done so much more for the team, Xerneas is an amazing special attacker and in psychic terrain arceus poison doesn't counter xerneas, Xerneas is an amazing pokemon and I believe it is one of the best mons I put on psyspam

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Lele is the GOAT, it is the glue that keeps this team together, lele is a surprisingly powerful special attacker and a good anti lead against pokemon like deo-speed, smeargle, and shuckle.

Gameplan for the team: The first thing you need to do is prevent rocks and other entry hazards from coming up as it makes it harder to win, Taunt on deoxys and lele and magic coat on lele can be used to help with that. Afterwards you need to get psychic terrain up, once you get it up you are free to sweep with any of the attacking pokemon on the team

I believe the team is relativity easy to use and the sets are pretty straightforward and I have had lots of fun using this team over the past couple weeks.

EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 76 Def / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Deoxys-Attack @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 164 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Last edited:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes-electricity-peak-1900.3645577/I think Game Moderator’s Specs Tapu Koko team is worth the slot here. Specs Koko hits really hard, 2-HKO’ing most Support Arceus forms with tbolt alone. UNecro provides solid offensive support along with DD MRay, and waterceus and poisonceus help with common threats such as pdon and xerneas. Marshadow as the last mon provides a check to offensive arceus forms as well as providing decent priority to help check dd and scarf ray.

Just going to drop a few teams here. Feel free to tell me how bad they are.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
no u (Arceus-Electric) @ Zap Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment

Bold Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun
- Sunsteel Strike

Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Whirlwind

Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Waterfall

Arceus-Poison @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 156 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Perish Song

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Serious Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Earth Power
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Earth Power

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 56 Def / 196 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

Also I think Tenta Webs deserves a spot in the showcase. It got RMT of the month for November 2018 for the OMs. The RMT for it is in my signature, and everything is detailed there. However, I did update U-Necro to have Substitute, and this is further detailed in a comment I put on the RMT.

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
decided to drop a few cool teams before I delete my builder:

https://pokepast.es/dc27110e5975b75aVeryyy standard team built using the most common special (poisonceus + pdon) and physical walls (zygarde + steela) and perish song gar. Pdon checks pogre, poisonceus checks any fairy type and zygarde & steela check pretty much every physical attacker. Leech seed user + perish sub gar means that we're checking every cm arc and sub flame charge steela itself can also check a few cm arcs (fairy, steel, ground) if we somehow manage to lose our gengar. Haze zygarde ensures that sub ekiller and bp have a hard time trying to break the team. Pdon and Poisonceus beat Xern & Pogre and other fairies. Fairyceus helps vs marsh and ygod and im running enough speed to outspeed adamant ray so we can revenge kill it. I think its a pretty solid team and i got to almost 2k on ladder with this w/o using a brain so thats pretty cool too.

https://pokepast.es/39c83a6b4d02fe0anot a very good squad but double regen + uturn sciz + eleceus is pretty fun. The team is kinda passive though and marsh can be slightly problematic and maybe Pdon and some pogre sets can be an issue. If anyone wants to work on this then dont hesitate to use it, I really liked the idea of double regen and this team has potential to be very good

https://pokepast.es/1be6d72aca953233
All hail Mr Dawn wings! xd. I made this when i was EXTREMELY obsessed with CM + RP dawn wings and i made around 10-12 teams around it. I liked this one the most bcz it had both DM and dawn wings so u can trick them into thinking that dawn wings is ultra bcz no one uses reg dawn wings (except me & pc apparently hahaha). I chose my dusk mane to be the ultra necrozma with brick break as it can lure in darkceus and kill it or do massive damage. After darkceus is dead, dawn wings can sweep bcz darkceus is literally the only thing that stops it ( Pigeons can confirm). Steelceus is backup sweeper, scarf ray revenge kills stuff and waterceus & groundy are the defensive mons

https://pokepast.es/cccc3d722c9ade58
specs xern is a beast. youre 2hkoing stuff like dm and pdon after some chip and psyshock does a lot to poisonceus on switch in. we have dawn wings on the squad bcz its broken as we have already discussed. its nicknamed 'lunala' so we can trick them into thinking that its actually a lunala bcz ehh nvm...... Darkceus is perish pool w max defensive, poisonceus + fairy are amazing defensive walls and scarf ray revenge kills fast things.

https://pokepast.es/f9d083e510059bbb
this one has the most common 4 pokemon defensive core - darkceus poisonceus zygarde ferro. xerneas on balance is broken since ur able to beat stuff like DM and pdon that checks it. we hav perish gar to trap stuff that can be problematic. not much to say here ig.

https://pokepast.es/22627d98458f2242
nihilego has a few niches - toxic spikes + rocks, has very good special defense and can beat defensive ho-oh. grassceus and zygarde are beasts on tspikes and gar is pretty much broken on every status spam team. mag is the defensive wall & waterceus helps with pdon and stuff. super cool team. s/o to neomon for nihilego sets and helping me build this team

https://pokepast.es/c2c8f69916bfe60d
how could i end my post without a trick room team? :))). Life orb kyurem kills everything and is super hard to deal with. im not running -spe bcz u wanna outspeed pdon and stuff bcz TR wont be up forever. Lunala is unstoppable on tr unless theres a marsh, which poisonceus can deal with. ygod seems to be a threat but is handled pretty well by ttar. CM groundceus murders balances w/o Ho-Oh or w/e fancy checks it has. CM groundceus is a backup since TR isnt exactly very viable.
super cool team and im extremely proud of it considering it was my first try at TR,

https://pokepast.es/c7e08f2aa082651b
another TR team bcz i cant end a post with a normal one. this one has 2 xerns, metronome xern 3hkos pdon and offensive dm. wobb traps defensive DM, zygarde & geo xern are excellent sweepers and CM lunala does not care about how solid the opponent's team is because its going to sweep anyway. scarf ray outspeeds things and revenge kills. not very solid but very fun to use.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Hex

Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
https://pokepast.es/9f4bc3158ae0f61fI've been meaning to share this team on Smogon for over a month now, and I think this is as good as time as any, since this team has achieved remarkable ladder success in the past week.
The original plan was for an RMT in late January, however, the Save Draft feature is pretty crap apparently, so I'm posting this as a sort of preview for the RMT.

This team is built around regular Kyogre, usually as Specs. However, I recently started switching between Specs and Scarf to further confuse my opponents and also give me a more winnable MU vs HO. Specs Ogre absolutely cleans stall and Balance lacking Primal Groudon, it's quite comical how few switchins this pokemon has (Literally the only reliable one is Pdon, which is 2HKOed if it isn't Spdef.)

I'll skip over the more standard pokemon that were added as a backbone for Kyogre to talk about some more out-there sets. SD Spdef Dusk Mane is by far my favorite set in the metagame right now, and it's not even close. This not only operates as essentially a Xern counter, but a completely surprising breaker. It's so easy to bluff sr on this set based on your opponent just seeing the damage they did to it with their fairceus. SD allows it to beat stall just like Double Dance, except w/o the glaring weakness to Ho-oh. It even is able to turn Toxic Darkceus and non Wisp Groundceus into set up bait since it can just beat them with Toxic and at least get one SD up. Such an overlooked set but so much fun.

I think my other Janky set is my Pdon, however I have seen an increase in Mono attacking Pdon on ladder and it's not hard to see why. Fire and Ground both cover some of the same types, so sacrificing one of those STAB's for increased support is not a huge loss imo. I opt for Fire Punch over Pblades due to my team not appreciating Skarm or sub Cele at all.

As I said before, the original plan was an RMT by late January, with the original peak at 2024 and 95 GXE(boosted GXE btw). My best record was 100-26, which is pretty good. However, since switching between Specs and Scarf, this team has allowed me to reach the Haven known as 2100. Here are my final stats from this ladder run(I may beat this, so I will update this post if I do)

I achieved 2131, 96 GXE (unboosted), a record of 98-11, 10 Ransei alts, a lock, and a whole lot of arguments.
The above was actually a joke

This is MDB, or Mr. Delightful Ben Shapiro, signing off.[/url]

Last edited:
OK I wanna clean up some of my jankier teams so why not post them here beforehand lol.

Fly Z Lando + Serp Gravity/Toxic on Lando, Play Rough on Klefki would probably be good too.
Tailwind SD GroundCeus HO SD Ground that beats Marshadow is big yes. This team is pretty shit otherwise though LOL
Mega Latias BO Healing Wish is broken Lads
:BRIP: This team doesnt lose unless you're up against a ferrothorn
Mega Luc Webs LOL yea don't ask
Palkia ParaSpam they say, if you click the para move often enough the opponent will give up by themself
Mega Kanga is dogshit
Nihilego has a niche I swear
Double Suicide Lead Click Click HO
Mega Chicken + Goth ig this should be shuca tar btw
I don't like flying resists but I do like blissey?
Triple Spout and Triple Blades
Darude Sandstorm
IceCeus unironically does Damage
and last but not least Mr Jamvad

Hey guys. As you know, I usually go by the nick InfernoUniversity. This is actually my first ever post in smogon, and I hope you like it :). This is a flying-mono that I made a couple days ago, and so far it needs some tweaks but overall it's O.K. (p.s, please note some of my reasoning sounded better in my head)

Skarpherim (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Outrage
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

When I first decided on buiding a mono team, flying was the first that came into mind. Why not? AG is the domain of the most O.P pokemon in this game, Mega Rayquaza. Starting in the beginning of the battle with it or not, Band Mray can Place immense pressure on the opponent, forcing your will on them. Keeping it jolly and not making it adamant gives it the speed boost it needs against the likes of other Rayquaza that may otherwise be slower. Banded dragon ascent as we all know is a giant pain in the rear, but Outrage can be used to break defensive zygarde sets, and 2hko most arc forms. V-create is a no brainer for all that use the move on their sets...(when you miss 3 V-creates in a row) Below are some calcs for mray against some common mons in AG

Calculations:

252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 262-309 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Outrage vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Groudon-Primal: 219-258 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 582-686 (146.5 - 172.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO ( yes, this is way too obvious, but then again, who likes to go against celesteela?)
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 307-363 (67.4 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 474-558 (74.5 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Chloe (Arceus-Flying) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute/Stealth rock

Maybe my favorite Pokemon on this team other than its sister, SD Flyeus offers a lot of benefits in my opinion. I placed sub for the status spammers that roam the ladder (looking at you paraspam) and the more-than-occasional smeargles that come across my path. Fly over aerial ace is a no brainer, and it delivers a bonus as a 2-turn move. Rocks can go here too, but I kept sub in my set. Fly serves as a stall of some sorts that you cant use when your opponent is poisoned, keeping you invincible for the first turn. At +2, Supersonic skystrike can rid of most defensive counters not counting steel types. Earthquake is just coverage against the steel types that don't get the luxury of having rockets to propel them up in the air (heh heh). having this as a rock setter may prove better in the future, though.

Calculations:

+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Flying Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 355-418 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Flying Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 373-439 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery(this may not be the best to use against zygarde when it has high percentage)
+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Flying Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 376-444 (84.6 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Flying Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 441-520 (96.9 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

FluffieMareep (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

The other defensive wall on this teamthis Yveltal set speaks for itself. Foul play keeps physical attackers in check, toxic cripples switch-ins, defog removes hazards and screens, and roost replenishes any health lost. Pretty general set really.

Calculations: there really is no need to be one since it speaks for itself

Chloe AFK (Arceus-Flying) @ Sky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover
- Judgment

The sister and the better set of our other flyeus, this set use to finish games and swallow whatever status is shown our way. The timid support set encourages longevity and the benefit of out-speeding all speed tiers below it.

Calculations:

+2 8 SpA Sky Plate Arceus-Flying Judgment vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 261-307 (59.1 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 8 SpA Sky Plate Arceus-Flying Judgment vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Groudon-Primal: 270-318 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 8 SpA Sky Plate Arceus-Flying Judgment vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza: 331-390 (94.3 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

1337 Legend (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

The safety cushion of the team, you can switch into this mon anytime you aren't sure of your opponent's set. We play AG..literally all sets wont be exactly what you will expect sometimes. At full health..this pokemon is a THICCCCCCC wall for your team. its best to keep it that way. Sub counters glare-garde and allows you to pp stall your opponent. Toxic cripples, and whirlwind rids you of opponets like geo xern or most SD arcs or SD/DD mray varients.

Calculations:

252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 94-111 (22.6 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 172-203 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Multiscale Lugia in Heavy Rain: 161-189 (38.7 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Arushii (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

When creating this team, I remembered I had a relatively huge weakness to Geo-xern (understatement). When creating the set I initially made it max spd, then after some laddering, I realized that it was perhaps too much for I was vulnereable to almost all physical attackers. After tweaking it a but, The Ho oh I have before you is now a formidable tank. Flamethrower was placed in for Sacred fire because of pp, accuracy, and the fact that getting that 50 percent burn is just unlucky for me. Having 2 defoggers seems as dumb as having tock-setters, but its just as effective. The rest of the set speaks for itself, basically.

Calculations:

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 110+ Def Ho-Oh: 165-195 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 140 SpD Ho-Oh: 330-390 (79.3 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 140 SpD Ho-Oh: 156-185 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I plan to post some replays against stronger opponents, so I can effectively show this team in action. On the meantime, here are a couple other replays I have:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862465001- against Pandamasque
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862024898-against ec-trol-plasma
(ok I have more replays, but I got lazy and didn't want to be more specific)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-865031920
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-863286118
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862521107
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862516341
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-862497623

Hope those who try this team have some great fun with it :))) Wynaut?

Last edited:

Reffrey

Banned deucer.
Alright, this is probably gonna make for an interesting post. I recently decided to do a little fun project, in which I built what I call a "puretype" team for each type. A puretype team is just like a monotype team, but with an extra restriction: not being able to use any dual type pokemon. Hence why the teams I have posted here are not at all serious teams, although some of them are surprisingly halfway decent. I tried to optimize each one as much as I possibly could, and went through hours of extensive team building and editing to put them all together. I tested all 18 of them out on the ladder but I wasn't laddering seriously so I didn't reach any significant elo or GXE ratings, although I did pull a few impressive victories. Anyway, here they are posted below in order of how I feel how effective they are, ground puretype being the overall best and grass being the worst. I have 2 replays posted for each one, and not all of the replays are against the greatest players but oh well, it's what you might expect from the ladder. It should also be noted that the teams are built in a similar style to arceus-spam, some of the teams being literally 6 arceus, but that's to be expected when the teams are each restricted to using mons of only 1 type, and arceus is one of the most versatile single-type pokemon. I am thoroughly convinced that the teams can't be further improved upon unless, obviously, breaking the rule of only using 1 type, because then every single team would obviously have ways to be made more effective. Think of these as fun little teams that can be laddered with but not used in serious tournaments, and also consider using them as building blocks for more serious teams. This is a team bazaar and not an rmt thread after all. Enjoy!

The Teams:

Ground

Replay 1
Replay 2

Steel

Replay 1
Replay 2

Water

Replay 1
Replay 2

Normal

Replay 1
Replay 2

Psychic

Replay 1
Replay 2

Fairy

Replay 1
Replay 2

Ghost

Replay 1
Replay 2

Fighting

Replay 1
Replay 2

Flying

Replay 1
Replay 2

Electric

Replay 1
Replay 2

Poison

Replay 1
Replay 2

Dark

Replay 1
Replay 2

Rock

Replay 1
Replay 2

Ice

Replay 1
Replay 2

Fire

Replay 1
Replay 2

Dragon

Replay 1
Replay 2

Bug

Replay 1
Replay 2

Grass

Replay 1
Replay 2

Full Puretype Teambuilder Pastebin

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Ground Puretype ===

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Drought
EVs: 192 HP / 212 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Atk / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Steel Puretype ===

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Recover

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus-Steel @ Steelium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Water Puretype ===

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Kyogre @ Waterium Z
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 148 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Roar

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Normal Puretype ===

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Confide
- Aromatherapy

Arceus @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 16 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Arceus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Defog

Arceus @ Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Psychic Puretype ===

Arceus-Psychic @ Mind Plate
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Arceus-Psychic @ Psychium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Taunt

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Fairy Puretype ===

Xerneas @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Geomancy
- Ingrain

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Ghost Puretype ===

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Toxic
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Fighting Puretype ===

Arceus-Fighting @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Brick Break
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Toxic
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Flying Puretype ===

Arceus-Flying @ Sky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Flying @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Electric Puretype ===

Arceus-Electric @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Zeraora @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Fire Punch
- Fake Out
- Bulk Up

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Taunt

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Poison Puretype ===

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus-Poison @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Toxic
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Dark Puretype ===

Darkrai @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Punishment
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Rock Puretype ===

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Rock @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Ice Puretype ===

Glalie @ Leftovers
Ability: Moody
EVs: 208 HP / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Sheer Cold
- Substitute
- Protect

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus-Ice @ Icium Z
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Toxic
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Fire Puretype ===

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Fire @ Firium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blast Burn
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
- Magic Coat

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Dragon Puretype ===

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Dragon @ Dragonium Z
Bold Nature
- Roar of Time
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Bug Puretype ===

Arceus-Bug @ Insect Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Fury Cutter
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Arceus-Bug @ Buginium Z
Impish Nature
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

=== [gen7anythinggoes] Grass Puretype ===

Arceus-Grass @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Slide
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Perish Song

Last edited:
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare
- Coil

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse

EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike

So, here i got one of my TR-Squads... I guess I don´t have to say that this team is absolutely gimmicky, but super fun to use, especially as the mu against many teams is pretty good smfh. Anyways this team has many flaws, especially getting screwed by other gimmicky stuff and Ogre and Waterceus.

https://pokepast.es/1cb86f3cbff090a7

Stakataka is primarily for those "oh cool, a stakataka" in the team-previews, and those badass sweeps. Rock Blast is for those damned Smeargles and other sash-mons. Stakataka also sets up TR against most things, except maybe for marsh and taunt-users. Oh and it ohko´s pretty much any non-resisting offensive mon and some defensive ones, getting that sweet atk-boost. I honestly dont know how many players i swept with that thing and I´m really too lazy to search for Replays, you can search for them yourselves if you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

252+ Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 344-408 (78 - 92.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Stakataka: 213-252 (65.3 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 271-319 (77.2 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Yveltal: 315-372 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Stakataka Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock -that one sucks tbh, but i gotta be honest with you, dont stay in on Don.
252+ Atk Stakataka Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Steel: 206-244 (54 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Mawile comes in with a solid 678 atk, what is pretty much enough said. Fire Fang hits those Skarms and Celes, only flaw is not hitting Zyg hard enough to ohko anymore, but that´s worth it. SD is almost solely used for Sucker Punch or sometimes Fire Fang against bulky Steelmons, Iron Head usually hits hard enough anyways, as seen below.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 314-372 (71.2 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Xerneas: 504-594 (110.5 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 352-416 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 304-358 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 378-446 (95.2 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 180+ Def Yveltal: 390-460 (85.7 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Dragceus is the bulky Backbone, helps a little with the Ogre-set-up, switches in on marsh, defogs, sets TR and checks out Pdons Speed.

Dusk-Mane is pretty specific for that team, you can run Stone Edge or Rockblast > Toxic, but that helps with Ogre and especially Waterceus, as it timers those. Prism Armor makes it tank more than one can imagine, and makes it super deadly at +2 with a fresh set TR.

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 180+ Def Yveltal: 327-385 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Earthquake vs. 180 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 408-480 (105.6 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 240 HP / 180+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 554-654 (125.6 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Uxie was actually just an experiment with a Bulky Mon as Suicide Lead, but it has become one of my favourites... Mcoat surprises other leads, Stealth Rocks are mandatory, just as Trick Room, Memento is the suicide in suicide-lead and can prevent Defog or other shit. Oh and that thing is super tanky.

252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 214-253 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 221-265 (62.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Uxie: 306-362 (86.4 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Uxie in Harsh Sunshine: 156-184 (44 - 51.9%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO

Marowak-Alola accompanies MMawile really well, absorbs the usually deadly wow and oh, right, hits devastatingly hard. Outrage kills Zyg after a Shadow Bone and always at +2, while Flare Blitz and Shadow Bone are the hard-hitting Stabs. SD against Fairyceus anyday everyday and hit hard.

0 SpA Pixie Plate Arceus-Fairy Judgment vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Marowak-Alola: 90-106 (27.8 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 282-332 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia: 264-312 (63.4 - 75%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 240-283 (57.8 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Fairy: 265-313 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 200 Def Groudon-Primal: 202-238 (50.1 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Shadow Shield Lunala: 486-572 (116.8 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That´s it for the mons, the way to play this (and any other TR-team) is patience, keeping up TR and sacking in the right moment. Every Sweeper can set up against many different mons, wait for one of them and just set up. This advice may sound like "Just win the game by winning it", but it´s pretty much what TR does in AG.

I think i went to 1919 Elo, which really sucks objectively, but it doesnt with a TR-team ig.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857467366 - 1919
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857464251 - against that shitty Psyspam
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857449683 - against that ladder-spammed-electricity-team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857448512 - necrozma-sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857447209 - why we use air balloon>life orb
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-857440051 - mawile-sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-858306117 - we also win against samples

I´m too lazy for a conclusion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here is the team make me climb up to top 100 AG
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Earth Power

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

this is a balance that I created 3 weeks ago, but now its complete so....have FUNNNNNN!

Ho-Oh @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 142 Def / 110 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 202 Atk / 54 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Presenting a strange, but fairly optimized balance team. It’s using an offensive zygarde, which relies on trapping passive mons that expect a defensive set, such as ferro, poisonceus, and the odd spd pdon. Not much more to say on this team, except that I’ve been working on it on and off over the last month-ish. I’ve got like 17 variations on it, and I think this is the best version, althought mk15 is pretty decent as well.

Offensive zyg balance mk17: https://pokepast.es/dfa5d1e1b5a88cca
Offensive zyg balance mk15: https://pokepast.es/56e63a10bfa3cb6f

Another team: slurpuff webs! Slurpuff is my favorite websetter in ag, simply because it has the potential to kill something with endeavour + dgleam, if the opponent doesn’t play around it right. It’s also got magic coat, which is nice for surprising opponents who try to taunt it. This team has also gone through a few variations, but it’s stayed more consistent than the other team. It has several different sweepers, which is nice, but it gets beaten by teams with lots of sash mons.... dangit, bob.

Slurpuff webs: https://pokepast.es/7492a485b31d863e

Last team for today: scarf dusk mane. Yes, this is awful, no, it’s not as awful as expected. If I chose better support mons, it could be ok. Scarf dusk mane is a surprisingly ok revenge killer. It beats marsh, bandray, and mgar. Sadly, its coverage moves when unboosted have insufficient firepower to break much, and it does give a free turn to boost for a lot of things, for instance if it’s locked into eq and then ray comes in. Still, the dusk mane often manages to kill at least one mon, and it’s fun to play with.

Scarf ndm: https://pokepast.es/d1a5891cb1a0a62c

Have fun trying out and optimizing these teams!

P.S. if you want to take a stab at making the scarf ndm team better, I’d really like a paste. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)