Serious Alcohol

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Alcohol can be pretty fun but goddamn if I don't hate the taste of most, if not all, of it. Some weaker tastier stuff (Smirnoff/Mike's Hard) is pretty cool since I can down so many and not upset my tongue but I'm not a huge fan at all of most hard liquor. Beer is ok and usually my go-to.

I learned this past weekend that I am a pretty good Beerio Kart player. To anyone interested in Drunk Mario Kart, since its a good time, all you need to do is have your friends agree on an amount of alcohol (we used half a beer last I played) and finish the drink before the completion of the race. No drinking and driving! This means that you have to take your hands off the controller to drink. We forbade drinking during automatic moving sections of levels as this gave an easy loophole.

Been drinking since I was 15, mostly legally since you can drink aged whatever with non-public places such as house parties, but I've been to a few non-legal beach parties (if any police come, just hide behind the beach huts) and went clubbing in Turkey last month, tho everybody is incredibly lenient over there. I turn 18 tomorrow so heyo, I can properly go clubbing with my friends now, who have been 18 for almost the entirety of the year x_x.

I still don't think my taste has matured enough to actually enjoy beer (wayy too bitter) or wine (wayy too bitter), but I started drinking by having ciders and alcopops and I still love them to this day. I've got more and more into spirits and other alcohols... in no particular order, I now love rum, schnapps, vodka, whisky, gin and tequila - shots are a no-go tho, I usually mix the spirits with juices or sprite.

Whenever I do drink I drink a fair amount, but I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near addicted - I can go an indefinite amount of time without alcohol and without missing it, but if I'm at a pub or party then I'll almost always drink - parties are more fun that way.

Been drinking since I was 15, mostly legally since you can drink aged whatever with non-public places such as house parties, but I've been to a few non-legal beach parties (if any police come, just hide behind the beach huts) and went clubbing in Turkey last month, tho everybody is incredibly lenient over there. I turn 18 tomorrow so heyo, I can properly go clubbing with my friends now, who have been 18 for almost the entirety of the year x_x.

I still don't think my taste has matured enough to actually enjoy beer (wayy too bitter) or wine (wayy too bitter), but I started drinking by having ciders and alcopops and I still love them to this day. I've got more and more into spirits and other alcohols... in no particular order, I now love rum, schnapps, vodka, whisky, gin and tequila - shots are a no-go tho, I usually mix the spirits with juices or sprite.

Whenever I do drink I drink a fair amount, but I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near addicted - I can go an indefinite amount of time without alcohol and without missing it, but if I'm at a pub or party then I'll almost always drink - parties are more fun that way.
Your taste is disgusting lmao

What can I say, I enjoy alcohol that actually tastes nice

(Dude, drink preference is subjective)
I need my drinks to have a kick to them. People that mix shit with coke and juice to the extent where you don't even know you're drinking disgust me. Not only does it bring down enjoyment levels, I also find it dangerous because who knows just how much you've had. When I'm drinking, I want to feel the process, I want the warm fuzzy feeling of good (hell, even bad) rum in my throat.

I guess what it comes down to is that I feel drinking sweet stuff puts being drunk above getting drunk, which is the opposite of my drinking values. The journey is more important to me. And if the journey is lined up with some mean vodka shots, all power to you. If you drink juice, meh, you do you but I find that boring.

Bitter beer is the best and if you find wine too bitter you should try some different wine.

i actually never really got into alcohol until i was 20, couldnt handle the taste and was kinda scared of it, but i fuckin love it now. I usually go for that really cheap fruity shit and mix it, usually something like UV blue or smirnoff sours, or just some wine coolers. cheap beer is still shit tho

also if you become aggressive/violent when you're drunk you have other problems lol, and maybe alcoholism along with them

I need my drinks to have a kick to them. People that mix shit with coke and juice to the extent where you don't even know you're drinking disgust me. Not only does it bring down enjoyment levels, I also find it dangerous because who knows just how much you've had. When I'm drinking, I want to feel the process, I want the warm fuzzy feeling of good (hell, even bad) rum in my throat.

I guess what it comes down to is that I feel drinking sweet stuff puts being drunk above getting drunk, which is the opposite of my drinking values. The journey is more important to me. And if the journey is lined up with some mean vodka shots, all power to you. If you drink juice, meh, you do you but I find that boring.

Bitter beer is the best and if you find wine too bitter you should try some different wine.
could you be any more condescending? Alcohol in many forms is widely considered an acquired taste, I had my first drink at 16 but couldn't stomach a beer in its entirety until i was 20. Not liking beer at a young (or any because, you know, subjectivity) age is perfectly fine. It takes time to develop your palate, if you served someone some Laphroaig at 16 most people wouldn't take it over rubbing alcohol. Serve it to that same person at 25, 30, 40 years old and they might be able to see past that bitterness and burn and taste that peaty, smoky goodness.
Just because you mix your hard liquor (imagine!) doesn't mean you have to kill it. Any responsible drug user should be aware of how much they've taken, especially after the first few times. Unless you are just letting who the fuck ever make your drinks for you (why?) you should be pretty acutely aware of how drunk you are, and will be going forward. If anything mixed drinks let you pace better than shots, which can hit you like a fucking train. And since when do tequila, rum, fucking gin of all things not have a kick? Drink a gimlet real quick, tell me you don't 'feel the journey' or whatever

Even if you prefer your whiskey neat, someone else sippin' on gin and juice shouldn't 'disgust you', that just makes you come off as super pretentious. I certainly wouldn't want to drink with you if that's your attitude. Alcohol is a huge part of most people's lives and has been for pretty much all of recorded history. Don't sit here like you enjoy objectively enjoy something almost entirely subjective more than somebody else does, because that's a load of bullshit. Drinking (and drugs in general) should be about coming together in revelry, not "having the best taste" and adhering to some arbitrary 'drinking values'

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have a few friends who don't like beer. Sometimes I'll say things like "what the hell is wrong with you", but it's a joke and they know that. People have different tastes. Don't be a dick.

Also, a note to people who haven't had alcohol but plan on it at some point: Be aware that alcohol is a pretty strong diuretic. It will dehydrate you as a result, and so you will probably end up drinking a lot of water. The day after my 21st birthday, I severely underestimated how strong of a diuretic alcohol is and ended up pissing myself... Not that I particularly minded, but most people aren't urophiliacs so be prepared to use the bathroom a lot.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
How the fuck does watering alcohol down so much that you can't taste it come with the risk of getting more drunk? Incomprehensible.
Idk man try drinking 7 Quad Vodka & Vimto's and waking up on top of a pile of scrap metal... Getting 28 shots of cheap vodka down in the space of 1 1/2 hours would be somewhat challenging without the mixer :')

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Had a fairly bad experience with alcohol at a party a few years back (mixed drink wasn't quite mixed enough, skipped straight passed buzzed and into "literally about to pass out" in the span of about 10 minutes) and haven't really had any interest in giving it a shot since. Also don't really like bitter-tasting things in general (dark chocolate worst chocolate) so I'm thinking maybe alcohol isn't for me.

I got flat out drunk at 16 and drank quite a bit until I was 18 or so. My parents knew & the authorities over here don't really enforce the drinking age strictly (if you're only one or two years away) so it's not really considered anything major if you're caught (slap on the wrist at best). My parents adopted a laissez faire approach to the whole thing and I turned out fine, all things considered. With that said, I don't really drink much anymore (I'm 20 rn) except for the occasional beer or whisky. I like bitter stuff, so wine (excepting red wine) and their ilk repulses me. :toast:

Alcohol is quite a bit of a problem in Romania, tbh. I like alcohol and all, with my favourite beverages being beer and WHITE WINE <3, but I don't approve of drinking beer until you pass out. It's even worse considering my father is an alcoholic.

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let me tell you, I LOVE wine. Specifically Bordeaux. My sister introduced me to it this summer and I honestly can't get enough. At first taste, I told myself I would never drink it again, hell I even had to water it down with WATER just to down it. But after trying it again a few more occasions I started getting hints of actual taste from it, and from then on I loved it! For me, wine is like hot cheetos; you cant really enjoy it at first because of the spice but once you get used to it theyre delicious! Hard liquor, on the other hand, is something I can never really enjoy (at this age atleast) it's horrible tasting and the only tolerance I have to it is not wanting to choke after drinking it despite drinking it on many occasions (by it I mean vodka) then again, who drinks that for taste lol

I remember the first time I got drunk, it was horrible. In 11th grade I drank with my friends and went home, and woke up throwing up everywhere. I didn't even remember the rest of the night, and then the hangover came and that was awful too. I'm a college freshman now and I have gotten drunk since ._.

I'll drink basically anything labeled vodka (even New Amsterdam which is probably the worst vodka I've ever put in my mouth
Oh man, have you tried vodka that comes in plastic bottles before? Other than UV Blue, that shit is unbearable (for me at least). Makes Amsterdam taste like a luxury.

Anyways, I've been drinking since the beginning of my senior year of high school, and I'm now a sophomore in college, so happy 2 years to me! Idk I think alcohol is a good way to socialize and get all your friends together, and in general I'm pretty good at not getting shitfaced and managing myself. Kinda annoys me when someone's goal for the night is to get blacked out drunk though, that's just playing with death right there. My drink of choice is definitely vodka, in fact it might be the only hard liquor that I genuinely enjoy drinking. Whiskey is tough on me, so is tequila. They weren't wrong when they said beer is an acquired taste. In general not a huge fan of beer, I probably only drink it during drinking games. College is a fun time but I know once I graduate I'm going to drastically reduce my alcohol consumption.

Only thing that pisses me off about alcohol is how horny everyone gets when they're drunk. Hookup culture is lame, sex should only be when you're sober.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Lol I went to Germany on a vacation and I tried beer there because the drinking age is like 13 or some crazy shit with your parents permission and it tastes like garbage lol idk how Germans can survive when all there is to drink is beer and water costs like $5/liter
Beer is an acquired taste

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i guess i'm pretty lucky in that i live somewhere with a good availability of good drinks. i don't mind drinking the house lager or whatever's cheap if i'm just going out for a quick drink with colleagues or friends after work, but it's so easy to find places that sell great drinks nearby. at the moment, i'm really into resiny hop bomb india pale ales (which i guess are kind of a meme in craft beer circles at this point) as well as smokey or chocolatey stouts and porters. i'm trying to get into whiskeys but i'm not a huge fan of the super peaty islays. suntory in japan makes surprisingly good single malts and american ryes are usually pretty enjoyable too.

also i'm a cocktail geek but those are expensive

I'm 22 and in my least year at university in the UK (legal age is 18). I've been drinking since I was 18, but since university I have been drinking more so I cut out alcohol all together when I'm home.

At uni I go out at least once a week with friends/socials for societies. I do hate the taste of most alcohol, the only things I really drink are the alcopops, vodka and mixer and Strongbow dark fruits (which I have been craving all summer and I still have 3 weeks before I can drink again).

I had never even tasted wine until this August and I had the worst hangover ever, I was on holiday in Hungary and I didn't even have that much to drink, only to the point where I was tipsy, when I woke up, the temperature was scorching. I couldn't move I had to lie on my bed for hours and all I could do was sweat. When a friend came, he helped me to get to the shop (I needed his assistance or else I would have collapsed), after getting some hangover food and water I couldn't move anymore so I had to rest outside the shop where I then proceeded to fall asleep for and hour and a half in public on the floor in the middle of the day. If you ever drink wine I salute you.

I have done some stupid things too, which I plan on never doing again but overall I do really like drinking, I have met many people whilst drunk. It is great in social situations especially if your meeting new people it is a good thing to help break the ice because once they've seen you at your worst you can literally be yourself around them because you can't embarrass yourself more and neither can they.

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What is better than drinking a short glass of Scotch Whisky while haxing the shit out of your opponents in a forum tour. I loved it. Don't do drugs but drink.
Cheers!

I live in a somewhat unbalanced environment, but still refuse to try to survive and everything that harms health. As alcohol, drugs ... I honestly would have to be just a very special occasion for me to drink, and not too. No one passes. For example celebrate the new year. I think I've always been clear to reject all kinds of things related. It's insane. Not as some people can lead a life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)