Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to play around some more, but I was having fun with No Guard Gengar. I know it's gimmicky, but I also used Soundproof Perish Song Azumarill. It's a hard stop to Aerilate Noivern (immune to Boomburst, Draco, resists Fire Blast, U-turn) and has reasonable bulk (100/80/80). Problem is its offenses are weaker than snot and it doesn't have recovery. Besides the bat, it might not have as many uses and Dragonite can easily overpower it (though it will hate a Scald burn).
I just noticed this post, and I'm very happy someone mentioned Soundproof Azumarill, which I also came up with independently. Basically I just did /dexsearch perish song, fairy type and got Azumarill and Wigglytuff. These two each have their own advantages; Azumarill has a trapping move, but Wigglytuff actually gets recovery, in the form of Wish. I've really enjoyed using Azumarill on the ladder, though; if you can get off a Whirlpool on something Azumarill walls, you're guaranteed to take out a Pokémon that might be a big threat to the rest of your team. Plus, no one expects it!

Does he wanna beat dragonite or not?
Well of course he does, but is it worth sacrificing the concept of his team and making the other 5 members practically useless?

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Also, feeling generous, so here is an amazing set that has helped me win on many occasions.
Uxie
Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

If he did that, though, wouldn't Assist be able to call other moves besides V-create?
Exactly - I can't change the movesets beyond any of the non Assistable moves (Counter, Mirror Coat, Copycat, Metronome, Feint, Destiny Bond, Trick, etc.). I could run Refrigerate on Weavile and give it Feint (I think it's legal with Assist?), but then I lose the "always priority" V-Create. Still, might be worth doing anyway. Does Refrigerate Weavile's Feint one shot KO Dragonite?

Exactly - I can't change the movesets beyond any of the non Assistable moves (Counter, Mirror Coat, Copycat, Metronome, Feint, Destiny Bond, Trick, etc.). I could run Refrigerate on Weavile and give it Feint (I think it's legal with Assist?), but then I lose the "always priority" V-Create. Still, might be worth doing anyway. Does Refrigerate Weavile's Feint one shot KO Dragonite?
It has at least a significant chance to OHKO any Dragonite that doesn't have Multiscale or 252/252+ defense investment. So it reliably gets rid of any Aerilate Dragonite with significant attack investment.

I'm using a mega-scizor with adaptability, and it works pretty well. It's a nice pivot with u-turn, and I'm enjoying its defensove capabilities. My moveset is u-turn/iron head/bullet punch/superpower. Is this OK, if does it need any improvements? I'm thinking of switching superpower for roost.

I'm using a mega-scizor with adaptability, and it works pretty well. It's a nice pivot with u-turn, and I'm enjoying its defensove capabilities. My moveset is u-turn/iron head/bullet punch/superpower. Is this OK, if does it need any improvements? I'm thinking of switching superpower for roost.
Mega Scizor doesn't get Adaptability, the ability of the Pokemon changes if it Mega Evolves, the ability becomes it's natural ability.

Seeing as everything now gets a new ability and thus becomes far stronger, I think it would be fair to start considering the poke bans carried along by the OU banlist which don't apply so well to AAA. Namely Blaziken, Blazikenite, Lucarionite, and Shaymin-S.

Shaymin-S seems ridiculous to unban at first sight considering the reputation it has in OU for flinching everything to death, but considering it is shit on by both Aerilate and Refridgerate I don't think it's worth banning. Dragonite in particular loves tanking seed flares and threatens to rip it apart with priority, which is a real thorn in Shaymin-S' side seeing as it's the most popular mon in the meta. In addition, it can't really abuse Aerilate since its special normal-type movepool is barren.

Blaziken and its mega both follow the same principle as Shaymin-S in general - screwed over by Dragonite and other Aerilate users. Sweeping behind a sub isn't even that certain seeing as Boomburst passes right through them. The popularity of Suicune and Cresselia isn't helping its cause either.

Lucarionite is pretty obvious, the adaptability boost isn't as major now and it's outclassed by most things.

I didn't include Genesect, Kangaskhanite and Gengarite because I feel like they're all just as dangerous as they are in standard. Gengar still fulfills its role with no less efficiency, Kangaskhan is scary strong and Genesect should be kept as far away from Protean as possible. It gets ExtremeSpeed to abuse -ate abilities with, too.

Feel free to agree with my unban suggestions or tell me why I'm wrong.
Just going to bump this because I feel these changes could help diversify the metagame. OiawesomeDG

To add some substance to this post, I'd like to share a set that I've been using that can effectively break half of the metagame's walls in half, and crush stall single-handedly.

Bisharp (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

The power of this thing is just unbelievable. Once you've set up an SD, opposing walls will tremble before you, while sweepers lacking priority will find themselves in a similar situation. It works out especially well for Bisharp that standard unaware walls (Cresselia, mostly) cannot handle it at all. While it is frail and hard to get in, Bisharp can easily make up for its shortcomings with the power it provides. Here are a few calcs on walls or revenge killers it could face to demonstrate how strong it is:

Some boosted hits:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 416-494 (114.2 - 135.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 225+ Def Skarmory: 338-400 (101.1 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 264-311 (81.7 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 382-452 (94.5 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 (Intimidate) 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 354-416 (92.1 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 335-395 (94.6 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Unboosted:

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 374-442 (84.2 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 278-328 (91.4 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 309-364 (80 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 161-190 (49.8 - 58.8%)

Adaptability Bisharp was one of the main weapons that allowed me to scale the AAA ladder to the top, easily dealing with the stall weakness my team had. Since Bisharp is hard to switch in, VolTurn support is a must, say from the likes of intimidate Zapdos, which complements Bisharp's weaknesses nicely. Wish support is also something that could help Bisharp, though it's hardly mandatory.

Two Sets I have been using on my team I just made and been loving it are:

Unaware Copycat Chansey
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Copycat

To me a standard Chansey except with Copycat which is pretty fun nabbing boosts or other fun things with it. Almost Psycho Shifted a Burn back onto a Latios but i wished when he decided to do it :( . Though I have Calm Mind boosted thanks to a Slowbro :3 and a nice Magnezone let me have a nice slow Volt Switch!!! Pretty fun using Copycat in my opinion :D

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

And this baby is my favorite to use! Yeah not as strong as the Aerilate Boomburst you youngsters are using but it is effective (was using scarf originally but I like the Specs power)!

the rest of my team is a Regenerator Regirock, Refrigerate Weavile with Fake Out and Feint, Banded Lando-T with Aerilate and Explosion, and a Specs Magic Bounce Alakazam to deal with bulky Phys Defensive mons and keep them rocks away from my side of the field.

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Copycat
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch/Substitute

This is the physical version of prankster copycat florges. It wrecks all physical attackers, especially if it can get to +2 Atk. You could with bullet punch for damage, or priority sub to scout/copycat their move. Prankster gives Me First priority, allowing me to hit other the other poke with the same move at 1.5x the power.

EDIT: Nvm me first sucks
EDIT 2: After using this set a lot more, I found something amazing. Priority close combat. Bring luc in as a revenge killer, use CC, then wreck everything with copycat. It's even better if you can get to +2.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Copycat
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Me First

This is the physical version of prankster copycat florges. It wrecks all physical attackers, especially if it can get to +2 Atk.
Me First is terrible, even with Priority, because you aren't sure what you will get. Try Earthquake, Bullet Punch, or even Extremespeed if you want over that slot.

After playing this meta for a bit, it is rather fun. And there is a huge incentive for reason to try various sets they normally would never try. Which is always interesting and fun to experience.

Although I find that a good chunk of this metagame revolves around using or countering dragonite, it is just too powerful. Nearly every team runs a dragonite or multiple dragonite counters.

Its Aerilate extremespeed set (Most often banded) is probably the most well-known set, and it makes it one of the best revenge killers in this entire metagame.

It nearly takes out every defensive wall that isn't quad resisted, after 2-3 E-speeds

252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 379-447 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 517-610 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 169-201 (48 - 57.1%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 262-309 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Give like 4-5 Explosionmons an -ate ability.
Lando-T, Cloyster, Drifblim, Vanilluxe, and Diance get STAB. Azelf and Metagross hit pretty hard but without STAB. Throw something else in there so you don't put all your eggs in the explosive basket. Get wrekced.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Lando-T, Cloyster, Drifblim, Vanilluxe, and Diance get STAB. Azelf and Metagross hit pretty hard but without STAB. Throw something else in there so you don't put all your eggs in the explosive basket. Get wrekced.
No stab? NO PROBLEM.
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Gigalith (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Return
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- Trick
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Power Whip

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Have fun exploding.

Last edited:
It's kind of telling how Aerilate Lando-T's Explosion can outdamage any attack Lando-T can throw out except if it's resisted (and by then, you can probably Earthquake that threat if they're not Levitate)

Just showing this:
252+ Atk Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 835-984 (280.2 - 330.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 688-812 (230.8 - 272.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only Pokemon that can't be OHKO'd by it are resists. But if they aren't Levitate/Skarmory then they're OHKO'd by Earthquake.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
It's kind of telling how Aerilate Lando-T's Explosion can outdamage any attack Lando-T can throw out except if it's resisted (and by then, you can probably Earthquake that threat if they're not Levitate)

Just showing this:
252+ Atk Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 835-984 (280.2 - 330.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 688-812 (230.8 - 272.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only Pokemon that can't be OHKO'd by it are resists. But if they aren't Levitate/Skarmory then they're OHKO'd by Earthquake.
The thing is, lando is still an amazing stall breaker. Even Skarmory takes a lot from explosion:
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 235-277 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Switch in something else and easily KO

I just reached 1604 ELO and #1 on the ladder with a record of 44-2 using full stall. I'll put the team below, but I think this goes to show that full stall is very, very viable in AAA.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 16 Spd / 164 SDef
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 Def / 248 HP / 180 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SDef / 40 SAtk / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

EV

Banned deucer.
Also, I ran a Choice Scarf Drizzle Blastoise with Water Spout. Did ok. Wailord hits harder but only has 60 Speed. Same could work for Drought Eruption i.e. Typhlosion who could probably swap Scarf for Specs.

Also, I ran a Choice Scarf Drizzle Blastoise with Water Spout. Did ok. Wailord hits harder but only has 60 Speed. Same could work for Drought Eruption i.e. Typhlosion who could probably swap Scarf for Specs.
Oh DON'T GO THERE. Calculation of death:

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite in Sun: 243-286 (75 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

A resisted hit, with Stealth Rocks, can OHKO this, trying switching in now Dragonite, LOL. More calculations.

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Florges in Sun: 333-393 (92.5 - 109.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-D in Sun: 324-382 (106.5 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern in Sun: 291-342 (93.5 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

AND FOR FUNZIES

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Lugia in Sun: 316-373 (75.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah fuck you Lugia.

The thing is, lando is still an amazing stall breaker. Even Skarmory takes a lot from explosion:
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 235-277 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Switch in something else and easily KO
Even against 4x resists it does a lot!

252+ Atk Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 114-134 (35.1 - 41.3%) -- 77.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Landorus-T Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bastiodon: 78-91 (24 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

I guess the Bastiodon example doesn't show much...but it is fully invested in both defenses... And it is a quad resist... And it then does a quarter of the damage so it has that going for it.

Flame Body Skarmory.

I can't believer I didn't think of it before. It destroys almost all physical attacks, as long as you don't have shit luck.

Flame Body Skarmory.

I can't believer I didn't think of it before. It destroys almost all physical attacks, as long as you don't have shit luck.
I think Skarmory with iron barbs would be consistently better, swap in a skarmory with iron barbs and rocky helmet and that dragonite will wish he never tried to extremespeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)