Lots of people have raised concerns regarding Suicune and Snorlax and their effect on the metagame. Both are huge threats for similar reasons - Poison Heal, in tandem with their immense bulk and sweeping capabilities make them behemoths that are very difficult to take down after a few boosts. Both are quite potent offensively as well, as Snorlax's Facade takes a solid chunk out of even the sturdiest resists or physical walls, while Suicune's Scald is capable of crippling most of its checks via burn. This means they both require rather specialised counters when team building, and thus it can be argued that they heavily restrict creativity. Because of this, Suicune and Snorlax are now suspect by AAA.
Since these two have been a huge part of AAA since its inception this suspect (and potentially future ones, we'll see) will be decided by a community vote rather than a council one to determine whether Snorlax or Suicune are banworthy - to vote, you will need to achieve a ladder requirement on the AAA ladder during the suspect period, during which time Snorlax and Suicune will be temporarily banned. The details are as follows:
- The suspect will last from now up until 12 PM EST, 15th of August.
- The suspect will take place on Pokemon Showdown!'s AAA ladder.
- To qualify, you will need to achieve a COIL rating of 2600, with COIL's B value being 6.
- The account on which you ladder for the requirement must have the term "SSS" (Suicune Snorlax Suspect) in the username, all three S' being together. Any account without SSS in the name will not be valid to place a vote.
- After having achieved the requirement, private message me a screenshot containing proof of the ownership of your account and your account's COIL value, in addition to your vote.
- Your vote will be a Yes, No, or Abstain answer to both "Should Snorlax be banned?" and "Should Suicune be banned?".
- At the end of the vote, if Snorlax or Suicune obtain at least a 60% pro-ban majority, they will be banned.
GXE N 90 13 85 16 80 20 75 30 70 55
To PM me, click on my forum avatar and then select "create a conversation"
That's all guys, feel free to post your thoughts on Suicune and Snorlax in this thread to try and sway other peoples' opinions.