Metagame Almost Any Ability

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
time to bring out tha teravolt fire blast nagandel. seriously though, aaa deals with it much better then OU can. since we have viable regenvesters, really good unaware walls, and mons like snorlax and priority which makes naga a bit easier to manage. also not running speed boost/beast boost means naga's ability to threaten scarfers is completely gone. im pretty sure nagandel will be safe here. we only have to worry about tinted lens. since its speed tier is high, good spc attack, nasty plot, and draconium Z draco meteor/sludge wave has no switchins except for mmaw and klefki.

(in other news i totally called the ultra-beedril ban in ou first day it came out not trying to gloat but har har)

and actually, speaking of ultra-beedrill, my favorite naga set so far is actually sheer force. with sludge wave, fire blast, and dark pulse with nasty plot, it hits really hard and can set up nasty plots to sweep. (i use dark pulse over thunderbolt for FF ferrothorn)

Someone think in a magic guard mon with recoil moves?
Like Talonflame
Something like:

Talonflame @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
-Complete

Or blacephalon with magic guard and mind blown

Someone think in a magic guard mon with recoil moves?
Like Talonflame
Something like:

Talonflame @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
-Complete

Or blacephalon with magic guard and mind blown
Other Pokemon, like Victini and Noivern, can use their abilities to power up recoil free attacks and outclass your Talonflame set. Also, your Blacephalon idea has already been mentioned.
Naganadel and blacephelon are both scary af, and potentially could both be banned. Blacephelon will quickly turn into one of the most used special wallbrealers, with mguard lo hitting like everything extremely hard, with chansey not even able to touch the set.

So here are some sets I have been trying with Naga and Blace:

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

This set is more of a stallbreaking one as stuff like Flash Fire Magearna (not common but) and fat SpD Unaware walls like Chansey hardwall it like nothing. + It's not like 1/2/3 NPs won't make it busted enough to crush teams without Adapt/Tinted Lens.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

We all know the famous Magic Guard + LO + Mind Blown Blacephalon. I have always felt that Mind Guard was a bit weak and couldn't achieve some crucial OHKOes. However, Magic Guard is not the only set you can run on Blacephalon. Desolate Land is pretty good on that thing as it allows it to check a lot of Water-types really well (It is worth mentioning that it also checks Frillish really well), as well to stop non-Sun teams (since the sun benefits the sun teams for 1 more turn). If you're MLG enough, you can also run Mind Blown for maximum power. Finally, it can render a Stall member useless by tricking it a Choice Specs (The best thing is that Blace doesn't even mind having it, it benefits a lot from having it in fact).

Niche but fun:

Smeargle @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Spirit Shackle
- Entrainment
- Conversion
- Accupressure

Come in on a non-threat and use Z-Conversion to become a Ghost-type as they switch out and predict a Spore, boosting along the way, so you can outspeed next turn with Entrainment. This prevents any attack from affecting you, and allows you to trap the opponent mwith Spirit Shackle, boosting with Accurpressure to sweep the foes. Since you are maximized by the time you decide to KO the opponent, you can go first through the Speed boosts, and use Entrainment for Immunity, then trap the foe and just sweep. This is stopped by Ghost types, and priority but if you eliminate Ghost types, and if Smeargle can survive a priority hit, then you are golden.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

I suggest Mega Launcher because it takes both of its STAB attacks to new heights while Life Orb Boosts Fire Blast. Roost is for recovery. Vanilla, but sensible for pure damage output. Mega Launcher puts Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse both right on par with Draco Meteor’s Base Power. Obviously contrary Draco Meteor is better, except for the first hit with Dark Pulse.

Laxpras

Trust The Process
is a Pre-Contributor
USUM Suspect Announcement
1513639995388.png
1513640006079.png
We are suspecting Blacephalon AND Naganadel before their entry into the competitive AAA scene when OMGS starts.

Blacephalon brings excellent typing and power, with its only weakness being invalidated by complimenting Mind Blown with Magic Guard. That said, its speed leaves it vulnerable to hyper offense, and its typing leaves it prey for Pursuit. It may force balanced or stall teams to run things like Regenvest Tyranitar/Alolan Muk, though.
Naganadel is threatening due to its combination of speed, strength, and movepool. Its STABs compliment each other well, making it the best dragon that can deal with things like Tapu Fini. Its access to Nasty Plot also makes it a potent sweeper. However, it is hard-walled by Flash-Fire steels, though this can be overcome with the use of Mold Breaker, at the cost of power granted by Adaptability.

Suspect details:

The requirements to vote are only 2700 COIL on the suspect ladder. Like usual, this is a fairly low requirement, so please participate. However, we are implementing a 41 game limit to reach the requirements.

1513640982592.png

No alt name is required
Feel free to post your opinions about Blacephalon and Naganadel at any time, regardless if you have met the reqs or not.

To make your vote, please comment a screenshot of your reqs and in bold write BAN or DO NOT BAN for EACH MON INDIVIDUALLY. A 66% majority will be needed for a ban (note this slightly higher requirement)

Note that both Blacephalon and Naganadel will be allowed on the ladder.

The suspect will end on January 3rd, allowing for the results to be implented before Round 1 of the AAA Open.

Discussion is highly encouraged!

Last edited:
I think ban naga but not blace since sure mind blown magic guard is op, there are a lot of checks and counters to blace such as pursuit trappers and shadow sneakers, while naga can break through f-fire with Mold Breaker

Voting no ban on both, haven't seen enough evidence of either to suggest they are broken. Tbh I think they are a nice addition, because they prompt people to think more about what to use as a potential special wall/pivot, instead of brainlessly going: ok I need a special switchin, regenvest mag it is. hopefully regenvest mana sees an uptake in interest, cos it so nicely walls blace af while giving you a nice slow pivot, with the option to click knock instead.

I have recruited a kind helper to post my proof of reqs for me cos I'm lazy :P. Gl to all trying to get reqs!

E- hopefully this works:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)