Alomomola (BW2 Revamp) [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Don’t actually think I have much to say here, Alomomola's pretty straightforward, doopity doop

Code:
[I]To-Do List:[/I]
[LIST]
[*]Just gonna tone this down a little
maybe a teensy bit
[SIZE="1"]just a little[/SIZE] [✓]
[*]Re-affirm it’s role in the tier (bulky Water w/Wish, pivot =/= wall, mediocre in stall, 
can’t handle boosting attackers well, etc [✓]
[*]Buff up C&C, teammates, etc. to suit current metagame. 
Also Regenerator is released, so that’s a thing [✓]
[*]Control my Quality [✓]
[*]All about words words words [✓]
[*]Grape Penguins [✓]
[/LIST]

Luvdisc'd

[Overview]

<p>Alomomola has obviously been keeping tabs on its cholesterol, because it's just about the healthiest heart around! Sporting a massive base 165 HP stat backed by a respectable base 80 Defense stat, Alomomola is extremely bulky, being able to take nearly every unboosted physical attack in the tier with HP to spare. Furthermore, Regenerator allows Alomomola to switch in and out and heal passively, making the task of wearing it down a chore. These traits allow Alomomola to make for an excellent user of Wish, being able to pass massive amounts of HP to teammates with no direct negative repercussions. Unfortunately, the issues with Alomomola lie in the indirect consequences of its use: due to its low offensive presence, Alomomola is incredibly exploitable, with most setup sweepers and hazard users being capable of switching into it and setting up without much trouble. This lack of offensive capability means Alomomola can only function effectively as a defensive pivot and Wish supporter, as this is the only way to limit the opportunities for the opponent to take advantage of its presence and to differentiate it from more wholly versatile Pokemon such as Slowking and Clefable. Nevertheless, Alomomola excels in this role. As it stands, Alomomola is one of, if not the most durable Wish users in the tier, and as long as the team it is supporting is prepared to take on the Pokemon it innately attracts, it will very rarely disappoint.</p>

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Protect
move 4: Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Regenerator
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With its impressive physical bulk, Alomomola is capable of taking on most of the tier's non-boosting physical attackers with ease. Alomomola's gargantuan HP stat makes it capable of passing a huge Wish off to teammates, enough to completely rejuvenate frailer Pokemon such as Durant. Waterfall is Alomomola's best bet at dealing direct damage to opposing Pokemon, allowing it to hit Pokemon such as Entei and Kabutops for respectable damage. Protect offers Alomomola a useful "safety net" option, allowing it to scout Choice users as well as guaranteeing it can receive its own Wish safely. Lastly, Toxic gives Alomomola a weapon to hit Grass-, Water-, and Dragon-types switching into it, allowing it to put a timer on such Pokemon and prevent them from setting up on it for free.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Though a physical bias is preferred to take advantage of Alomomola's better Defense stat and the higher number of physically based immediate attackers it can feasibly check, a more specially inclined spread of 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD can be used to allow Alomomola to better take on Choice Specs users, such as Slowking and Typhlosion, as well as allowing it to take powerful Blizzards from hail teams better. Scald, along with a Bold nature, can be used over Waterfall, allowing Alomomola the chance to burn Pokemon on the switch. However, it should be noted that Alomomola will be doing very little damage directly with this move when taking into account its minuscule base 40 Special Attack, making it even more vulnerable to Substitute users. An investment in Special Attack can be made when using Scald to mitigate this issue, though it does noticeably detract from Alomomola's ability to take repeated powerful hits. Considering how uncommon it is for Alomomola to use its attacking moves, Healing Wish is actually a very viable option. Though when played well, Alomomola can survive through the entirety of the match, a point is often reached at which it becomes more exploitable than helpful; Healing Wish allows Alomomola to be useful one last time by completely rejuvenating a teammate, allowing a sweeper or heavy hitter to gain a second chance to do its job. Considering Alomomola's access to multiple sources of recovery, Rocky Helmet is a usable option over Leftovers, allowing it to passively wear down physical attackers such as Entei and Druddigon.</p>

<p>The best partners for Alomomola are those that can appreciate its Wishes and take on the stat-boosting Pokemon that it innately lures in. Druddigon and Escavalier are both very solid teammates in this regard, being capable of shrugging off the Grass- and Electric-type attacks aimed at Alomomola and in turn can steamroll through various Pokemon with their powerful attacks. Both Pokemon are rather vulnerable to being worn down, so Wish support from Alomomola is greatly appreciated. Magneton is also a very solid partner, resisting both Electric- and Grass-type attacks and being able to threaten Water-types that Alomomola can only Toxic, as well as trapping Pokemon such as Klinklang and Ferroseed that would otherwise switch into Alomomola repeatedly and set up on it. Grass-types also provide good defensive synergy with Alomomola. Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Roselia are able to take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Alomomola without much hassle, with the former forming a bulky Regenerator core with Alomomola and the latter being capable of setting up Spikes to wear down the Pokemon that threaten Alomomola. Cryogonal is also a solid partner to Alomomola, using Rapid Spin to prevent Alomomola from being worn down by hazard damage and offering a solid special wall with access to Haze to prevent setup sweepers such as Lilligant from getting out of hand.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Alomomola's niche in the tier is somewhat exclusive to taking on non-boosting attackers and using Wish, it is largely restricted in what other options it can realistically use. Calm Mind is a neat idea for mitigating its lower Special Defense and allowing Scald to hit harder, but it would realistically need to set up for several turns to be dealing respectable damage with its attacks&mdash;a highly unrealistic feat, considering offensive teams will be capable of breaking through it before it becomes threatening, and defensive teams will simply phaze it away or cripple it with status before it becomes dangerous. Similar to Calm Mind, Light Screen can be used to buffer Alomomola and its team against special attacks for a period of time without the need to stay in over a period of time. Safeguard is also available to temporarily protect Alomomola and its teammates from status. Hydration is an interesting ability that could allow Alomomola to constantly revitalize itself in rain by using Rest, but with turns of rain being valuable to a rain team for attacking with powerful sweepers, it is highly counterproductive to be wasting them attempting to wall Pokemon.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>While very few Pokemon can actually stop Alomomola from using Wish directly, there are certainly Pokemon that take advantage of and threaten it. Defensively speaking, Spikes users such as Qwilfish, Ferroseed, and Roselia are capable of setting up hazards for free on Alomomola, being immune to Toxic and resistant to Waterfall. Toxic users can cripple Alomomola, putting it on a timer each time it comes in. Grass-types, particularly specially offensive ones such as Sceptile and Lilligant, switch in with impunity on anything but Toxic and can set up all over Alomomola and threaten it with their STAB attacks. As for setup sweepers, Pokemon carrying Lum Berry, Substitute, or an immediately threatening Electric- or Grass-type attack can for the most part find opportunities to set up on Alomomola and beat it one-on-one. Examples of these include Swords Dance Gallade, Dragon Dance Crawdaunt, and Quiver Dance Lilligant.</p>

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
*sigh* I wanted to do this...

Anyways, I don't know shit about Alomomola, because I'd rather be using legitimately good Pokemon. One thing I want you to acknowledge, however, is that Shitmola is very rarely worth using, and that 99% of the time there is a better Pokemon out there to use. Also do note that Mola is a very mediocre Pokemon overall, even at the thing it is supposed to do.

WishTect combined with no offensive presence is what makes Mola so bad. While this may surprise the average PS player, against a savvy player it's essentially two free set up boosts. Most of the time, Mola will Wish only to have a setup sweeper wreck you in the face. So say this: It's more than setup fodder: It's MASSIVE setup fodder (though not as big setup fodder as Chansey, lol)

Anyways, all I gotta say.

Trust me, I'll be properly conveying how niche Alomomola is, as well as how susceptible it is to being set up on, I decided to do this revamp on the basis that I could verify this information :P I will also be mentioning to an extent that Protect should be used sparingly, though there have already beens articles written on it, so I'll keep it brief-ish lol.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I'm just thinking out loud, but could max special attack EVs and Scald be an option? Alo is naturally (physically) bulky as hell, so she might be able to afford sacrificing some bulk to hit things noticeably harder with a great STAB.

Something like:

Bold
40 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpA / 80 SpD

It's actually funny you mention that, because I was tinkering a ton with the EVs simply on the basis that I felt they could be optimized beyond the generic one presented now, but upon going over some calcs Alomomola loses effectiveness against prominent threats by relegating EVs on either side. For instance, as soon as it drops even 4 EVs in Def it loses the ability to always survive a +2 Adamant LO-boosted Stone Edge from Kabutops after SR, a prominent Pokemon it would ideally like to be able to switch into. Similarly, it loses the ability to take 2 Choice Specs Typhlosion Focus Blasts, 2 Specs Slowking Grass Knots, and 2 LO Druddigon Outrages after 2 rounds of Leftovers recovery (assuming switching in and Protect next turn), among others. I could definitely give a mention of SpA investment to buff up it's Scalds in the AC though =)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so ive been trying out momo and watching it in action for the past day or so and tbh it isnt as bad as many people (even myself) have said it is. Its still a pretty niche Pokemon yeah, but if your letting an opponent get multiple boosts on your momo, your doing it wrong. What Alomomola should be doing 99% of the time is coming in on something it can wall like CB Entei, using wish, and then switching out to a teammate to restore their health, most likely a teammate that would check the Pokemon trying to set up on you. This way you can get the most out of momo's giant wishes while preserving your own hp (regenerator) and preventing an opponent from donking you with their Quiver Dance Lilligant or whatever. I would like this strongly emphasized in the analysis, because you arent going to get much out of mola unless you play this way.

I think a fully physically defensive EV spread is worth mentioning somewhere, possibly even as the main EV spread, even with a huge amount of SpD investment, Alomomola is going to struggle to stand up to the special attackers in RU such as Moltres, Rotom-C, and Nidoqueen either due to their sheer power or their ability to hit momo for super effective damage. Moving the special defense EVs to Hp maximizes Alomomola's physical bulk and allows it to take choiced physical attackers better, while also maximizing the amount of HP its gigantic wish restores. Idk, maybe its just me, but i'd never rely on Alomomola to take physical hits for my team.

Mention Healing Wish either in AC or OO for Alomomola. A well played Alo should be able to last the entire match, but if she ever gets to a point where she cant take another hit and/or is dead weight, Alomomola can sacrifice herself and fully restore a teammate of your choice's HP one last time, i havent seen this too much in practice, but on paper it seems interesting, and its worth considering for sure.

Mention Roselia and Amoonguss as teammates for Alomomola for sure, especially Roselia. Both Grass/Poisons share excellent synergy with Alomomola, taking the Grass- and Electric-type moves that plague momo's existance, while also being able to set up Spikes (Roselia) or use a combination of spore and possibly clear smog to stop opponents from setting up on Alomomola (Amoonguss). Its interesting to note that Roselia pretty much gets fully healed by Alo's wishes as well, which is always cool, and that it forms a regenerator core with Amoonguss like it did in NU.

Be sure to give Grass types like Sceptile, Lilligant, Rotom-C, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth special mention in checks and counters, these Pokemon can come in on Alo with near impunity and immediatly pose a threat to her and the rest of her team by either setting up (sub and swords dance sceptile and QD Lilligant) tricking it or scouting with volt switch (Rotom-C), Or putting a teammate to sleep (amoonguss and tangrowth). If all else fails, Sceppy, Lilli, and Rotom-C can just flat out OHKO her, while Alomomola can only use Toxic in return, biggest threats to her for sure.

I might add more later, but its late, and im tired x_x, but be sure to take these changes into consideration!

Ok, so I 100% agree with you on how momo should be played. What I was trying (and failing) to convey in the overview is that momo should be used as a pivot and quick Wish passerm and shouldn't realistically be trying to take on most boosting sweepers, who generally set up on it without much trouble. I'll be sure to emphasize how it should be played in the write-up, since it really does make a huge difference on its overall effectiveness, and I've seen it used awfully so many times :x

I'll put the fully physical spread in AC for now, but if anybody feels adamantly about it feel free to pipe up! Personally I like having momo be able to sponge hits from stuff like specsking more safely, take choice-locked blizzards, etc. , but that may have just been a result of the builds of my test teams, so idk. Don't know how I managed to miss Healing Wish (it's practically my favorite move x_x), but I'll definitely add in AC, since it sounds like a really cool utility move, especially when it rarely uses its attacking moves anyway. Also specifically mentioning Grass-types in AC and C&C. Thanks Molk =)

I know this is a rather minor comment but the fact that it is a NU Pokemon and getting an RU analysis means that it is worth something, so I wouldn't be too harsh on Alomomola whenever this is written up. If it talks about almost only negative qualities and such then most readers will look at its analysis and then leave thinking "well no duh its bad in RU that's why its not in RU to begin with." (definetly needs to be toned down though - its not "one of the best walls in RU")

Regardless, I think that Cryogonal should be mentioned as a teammate, as they work pretty well together. Since Cryogonal has such a high Special Defense, it pairs well with Alomomola's good defense. Alomomola also takes on Entei and Stone Edges well while Cryogonal can take on the special Attacking Electric and Grass-types well. Although Toxic Spikes is fairly mediocre, getting the opportunity to spin that away can be very useful since Alomomola hates getting toxiced. It may not be as good as Amoonguss or Roselia because they do around the same thing but it might deserve a mention.

I agree Swamprocket, and tbh I've actually taken a bit of a liking to Alomomola :P I just want to be sure that players know exactly what they're getting into when they use Alomomola, instead of just looking at its stats and just throwing at anything and everything and expecting to come out on top (which is how I see it played a lot). Ideally I'd just like to be sure that I can consolidate its niche to the reader, since I feel that's a really big point for RU Alomomola in particular. Also, especially taking into account that QC has decided that the primary spread should be fully physical, I'll definitely mention Cryo as a partner, thanks for bringing it up :)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Light Screen and Safeguard can go in OO

but yeah this looks good

[qc]2/2[/qc]

remember that you'll get a third QC check after you write it up as per the new QC process

Yeah, I did notice that, I just wasn't really sure how to go about marking that in the title, whoops :x Thanks Oglemi, I'll get this written up asap!

Alrighty, this is all written up, so if another QC could verify the content is good that would be super =)

GP check. Good job on writing this. Just remember that setup sweeper means a sweeper with a setup move and set-up sweeper means a sweeper that has already set up in battle.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>Obviously Alomomola has been keeping tabs on its cholesterol, because its just about the healthiest heart around! Sporting a massive base 165 HP stat backed by a respectable Defense to boot make Alomomola is extremely bulky, being able to take on nearly every unboosted physical attack in the tier with HP to spare. What's more, Regenerator allows Alomomola to switch in and out and heal passively, making the task of wearing it down a chore to say the least. These traits allow Alomomola to make for an excellent user of Wish, being able to pass massive amounts of HP to teammates with no direct negative repercussions. Unfortunately, the issue with Alomomola comes with the indirect consequences of its use: due to its low offensive presence Alomomola is incredibly exploitable, with most set-up setup sweepers and hazard users being capable of switching into and setting up on it without much trouble. This lack of offensive capability pigeonholes means Alomomola to serving exclusively can only function effectively as a defensive pivot and Wish supporter, as this is the only way to limit the opportunities for the opponent to take advantage of its presence and to differentiate itself it from more wholly versatile Pokemon such as Slowking and Clefable. However, that is not to say that Alomomola doesn't excel in this role. As it stands, Alomomola is one of, if not the most durable Wish users in the tier, and as long as the team it is supporting is prepared to take on the Pokemon it innately attracts (add comma) it will very rarely disappoint.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Alomomola's its impressive physical bulk (add comma) it Alomomola is capable of taking on most of the tier's non-boosting physical attackers with ease. Alomomola's gargantuan HP stat makes it capable of passing a huge Wish off to teammates, enough to completely rejuvenate Pokemon such as Durant. Waterfall is Alomomola's bet best bet at dealing direct damage to opposing Pokemon, allowing it to hit Pokemon such as Entei and Kabutops for respectable damage. Protect offers Alomomola a useful "safety net" option, allowing it to scout Choice users as well as guaranteeing it to can receive its own Wish safely. Lastly, Toxic gives Alomomola a weapon to hit Grass-, Water-, and Dragon-types switching into it, allowing it to put a timer on such Pokemon and prevent them from setting up on it for free.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Though a physical bias is preferred to take advantage of Alomomola's better defense Defense/defensive stat and the higher amount of physically based immediate attackers it can feasibly check, a more specially inclined spread can be used to allow Alomomola to better take on Choice Specs users such as Slowking and Typhlosion, as well as allowing it to take powerful Blizzards from hail teams better. Scald, along with a Bold nature, can be used over Waterfall, allowing it Alomomola the chance to burn Pokemon on the switch. However, it should be noted that this move Alomomola will be doing very little damage directly with this move when taking into account Alomomola's its minuscule base 40 Special Attack, making it even more vulnerable to Substitute users. An investment in Special Attack can be made when using Scald to mitigate this issue, though it does noticeably detract from Alomomola's ability to take repeated powerful hits. Considering how uncommon it is for Alomomola to being using use its attacking moves, Healing Wish is actually a very viable option. Though when played well Alomomola can survive through the entirety of the match, there does reach a point in at which it becomes more exploitable than helpful, at which point it can offer itself to completely rejuvenate a teammate, allowing a sweeper or heavy hitter to gain a second chance to do its job. Considering Alomomola is by no sense without means of alternative recovery, Rocky Helmet is a usable option over Leftovers, allowing it to passively wear down physical attackers such as Entei and Druddigon.</p>

<p>The most exemplary partners to Alomomola are those that appreciate its Wishes and can take on set-up Pokemon (if you mean this in the sense of 'Pokemon that have set up already' leave it as is, if you mean this in the sense of 'Pokemon with moves that they can use to set up' change to "setup Pokemon") that it innately lures in. Druddigon and Escavalier are both very solid teammates in this regard, being capable of shrugging off the Grass- and Electric-type attacks aimed at Alomomola and in turn steamrolling through various Pokemon with their powerful attacks. Both Pokemon are rather vulnerable to being worn down, so Wish support from Alomomola is greatly appreciated. Magneton is also a very solid partner, resisting both Electric- and Grass-type attacks and being able to threaten Water-types that Alomomola can only Toxic with its STAB attacks, as well as trapping Pokemon such as Klinklang and Ferroseed that can switch into Alomomola repeatedly and set up on it. Grass-types also provide good defensive synergy with Alomomola. Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Roselia are able to take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Alomomola without much hassle, with the former forming a bulky Regenerator core with Alomomola and the latter capable of setting up Spikes on such Pokemon the Pokemon that use such moves to wear them down over time. Cryogonal is also a pretty solid partner to Alomomola, helping to prevent heavy-hitting Pokemon from pushing through it with entry hazard damage thanks to Rapid Spin and offering a solid special wall with access to Haze to prevent set-up setup sweepers such as Lilligant from getting out of hand.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Alomomola's niche in the tier is somewhat exclusive largely restricted to taking on non-boosting attackers and using Wish, it is very limited in what other options it can realistically use. Calm Mind is a neat idea for mitigating it's lower Special Defense and sweeping, but it would realistically need to set up completely to be dealing respectable damage with its attacks, which is highly unrealistically unrealistic when considering offensive teams will be capable of breaking through it before it becomes threatening and defensive teams will be keen to pHazing simply phaze it away before it becomes dangerous or crippling cripple it with status, if not both. Similar to Calm Mind, Light Screen can be used to buffer Alomomola's Special Defense stat, as well its teammates for a period of times time. Safeguard is available to protect Alomomola and its teammates from status for a limited period of time. Hydration is an interesting ability that could allow Alomomola to constantly revitalize itself in a rain team by using Rest, though with turns of rain being valuable to rain teams for attacking with powerful sweepers it is highly inefficient counterproductive to be wasting them attempting to wall Pokemon.</p>

[Checks & Counters]

<p>While very few Pokemon are actually stopping Alomomola from using Wish directly, there are certainly Pokemon that take advantage of and threaten Alomomola it. Defensively speaking, Spike Spikes users such as Qwilfish, Ferroseed, and Roselia are capable of setting up hazards for free on Alomomola, being immune to Toxic and resistant to Waterfall. Toxic users can cripple Alomomola, forcing it to switch out after enough time. Grass-types, particularly specially offensive ones such as Sceptile and Liligant Lilligant, are at worst being put on a timer by Toxic, (remove comma) and can set up all over Alomomola and threaten it with their STAB attacks. In the realm of set-up setup sweepers, Pokemon carrying Lum Berry, Substitute, or an immediately threatening Electric- or Grass-type attack are can for the most part finding find opportunities to set up on Alomomola and beat it 1v1. Examples of these include Swords Dance Gallade, Dragon Dance Crawdaunt, and Lilligant.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Obviously Alomomola has obviously been keeping tabs on its cholesterol, because it's just about the healthiest heart around! Sporting a massive base 165 HP stat backed by a respectable Defense, Alomomola is extremely bulky, being able to take nearly every unboosted physical attack in the tier with HP to spare. What's Furthermore, Regenerator allows Alomomola to switch in and out and heal passively, making the task of wearing it down a chore to say the least. These traits allow Alomomola to make for an excellent user of Wish, being able to pass massive amounts of HP to teammates with no direct negative repercussions. Unfortunately, the issues with Alomomola comes withlie in the indirect consequences of its use: due to its low offensive presence, Alomomola is incredibly exploitable, with most setup sweepers and hazard users being capable of switching into it and setting up on it without much trouble. This lack of offensive capability means Alomomola can only function effectively as a defensive pivot and Wish supporter, as this is the only way to limit the opportunities for the opponent to take advantage of its presence and to differentiate it from more wholly versatile Pokemon such as Slowking and Clefable. HowNever, that is not to say thateless, Alomomola doesn't excels in this role. As it stands, Alomomola is one of, if not the most durable Wish users in the tier, and as long as the team it is supporting is prepared to take on the Pokemon it innately attracts, it will very rarely disappoint.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With its impressive physical bulk, Alomomola is capable of taking on most of the tier's non-boosting physical attackers with ease. Alomomola's gargantuan HP stat makes it capable of passing a huge Wish off to teammates, enough to completely rejuvenate frailer Pokemon such as Durant. Waterfall is Alomomola's best bet at dealing direct damage to opposing Pokemon, allowing it to hit Pokemon such as Entei and Kabutops for respectable damage. Protect offers Alomomola a useful "safety net" option, allowing it to scout Choice users as well as guaranteeing it can receive its own Wish safely. Lastly, Toxic gives Alomomola a weapon to hit Grass-, Water-, and Dragon-types switching into it, allowing it to put a timer on such Pokemon and prevent them from setting up on it for free.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Though a physical bias is preferred to take advantage of Alomomola's better Defense stat and the higher amountnumber of physically based immediate attackers it can feasibly check, a more specially inclined spread can be used to allow Alomomola to better take on Choice Specs users such as Slowking and Typhlosion, as well as allowing it to take powerful Blizzards from hail teams better. Scald, along with a Bold nature, can be used over Waterfall, allowing Alomomola the chance to burn Pokemon on the switch. However, it should be noted that Alomomola will be doing very little damage directly with this move when taking into account its minuscule base 40 Special Attack, making it even more vulnerable to Substitute users. An investment in Special Attack can be made when using Scald to mitigate this issue, though it does noticeably detract from Alomomola's ability to take repeated powerful hits. Considering how uncommon it is for Alomomola to use its attacking moves, Healing Wish is actually a very viable option. Though when played well, Alomomola can survive through the entirety of the match, there doesa point is often reach a pointed at which it becomes more exploitable than helpful, at which point it can offer it; Healing Wish allows Alomomola to be usefulf tone last time by completely rejuvenateing a teammate, allowing a sweeper or heavy hitter to gain a second chance to do its job. Considering Alomomola is by no sense without mean's access to multiple sources of alternative recovery, Rocky Helmet is a usable option over Leftovers, allowing it to passively wear down physical attackers such as Entei and Druddigon.</p>

<p>The mobest exemplary partners tofor Alomomola are those thatcan appreciate its Wishes and can take on setupthe stat-boosting Pokemon that it innately lures in. Druddigon and Escavalier are both very solid teammates in this regard, being capable of shrugging off the Grass- and Electric-type attacks aimed at Alomomola and in turn can steamrolling through various Pokemon with their powerful attacks. Both Pokemon are rather vulnerable to being worn down, so Wish support from Alomomola is greatly appreciated. Magneton is also a very solid partner, resisting both Electric- and Grass-type attacks and being able to threaten Water-types that Alomomola can only Toxic with its STAB attacks, as well as trapping Pokemon such as Klinklang and Ferroseed that canwould otherwise switch into Alomomola repeatedly and set up on it. Grass-types also provide good defensive synergy with Alomomola. Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Roselia are able to take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Alomomola without much hassle, with the former forming a bulky Regenerator core with Alomomola and the latter being capable of setting up Spikes to wear down the Pokemon that use such moves to wthrear them down over timeAlomomola. Cryogonal is also a pretty solid partner to Alomomola, helusing Rapid Sping to prevent heavy-hitting PokemonAlomomola from pushbeing through it with entrworn down by hazard damage thanks to Rapid Spin and offering a solid special wall with access to Haze to prevent setup sweepers such as Lilligant from getting out of hand.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Alomomola's niche in the tier is somewhat exclusive to taking on non-boosting attackers and using Wish, it is largely restricted in what other options it can realistically use. Calm Mind is a neat idea for mitigating it's lower Special Defense and sweepallowing Scald to hit harder, but it would realistically need to set up completelyfor several turns to be dealing respectable damage with its attacks, which is&mdash;a highly unrealistic whenfeat, considering offensive teams will be capable of breaking through it before it becomes threatening, and defensive teams will simply phaze it away before it becomes dangerous or cripple it with status, if no before it bothecomes dangerous. Similar to Calm Mind, Light Screen can be used to buffer Alomomola's Special Defense stat, as well its teammate and its team against special attacks for a period of time. Safeguard is also available to temporarily protect Alomomola and its teammates from status for a limited period of time. Hydration is an interesting ability that could allow Alomomola to constantly revitalize itself in rain by using Rest, thoughbut with turns of rain being valuable to a rain team for attacking with powerful sweepers, it is highly counterproductive to be wasting them attempting to wall Pokemon.</p>

[Checks & Counters]

<p>While very few Pokemon arecan actually stopping Alomomola from using Wish directly, there are certainly Pokemon that take advantage of and threaten it. Defensively speaking, Spikes users such as Qwilfish, Ferroseed, and Roselia are capable of setting up hazards for free on Alomomola, being immune to Toxic and resistant to Waterfall. Toxic users can cripple Alomomola, forcputting it to switch out aftn a timer enougach time it comes in. Grass-types, particularly specially offensive ones such as Sceptile and Lilligant, are at worswitch being with impunity on a timer bynything but Toxic, and can set up all over Alomomola and threaten it with their STAB attacks. In the realm ofAs for setup sweepers, Pokemon carrying Lum Berry, Substitute, or an immediately threatening Electric- or Grass-type attack can for the most part find opportunities to set up on Alomomola and beat it 1v1one-on-one. Examples of these include Swords Dance Gallade, Dragon Dance Crawdaunt, and Quiver Dance Lilligant.</p>

[Overview]

<p>Alomomola has obviously been keeping tabs on its cholesterol, because it's just about the healthiest heart around! Sporting a massive base 165 HP stat backed by a respectable Defense, Alomomola is extremely bulky, being able to take nearly every unboosted physical attack in the tier with HP to spare. Furthermore, Regenerator allows Alomomola to switch in and out and heal passively, making the task of wearing it down a chore. These traits allow Alomomola to make for an excellent user of Wish, being able to pass massive amounts of HP to teammates with no direct negative repercussions. Unfortunately, the issues with Alomomola lie in the indirect consequences of its use: due to its low offensive presence, Alomomola is incredibly exploitable, with most setup sweepers and hazard users being capable of switching into it and setting up without much trouble. This lack of offensive capability means Alomomola can only function effectively as a defensive pivot and Wish supporter, as this is the only way to limit the opportunities for the opponent to take advantage of its presence and to differentiate it from more wholly versatile Pokemon such as Slowking and Clefable. Nevertheless, Alomomola excels in this role. As it stands, Alomomola is one of, if not the most durable Wish users in the tier, and as long as the team it is supporting is prepared to take on the Pokemon it innately attracts, it will very rarely disappoint.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Though a physical bias is preferred to take advantage of Alomomola's better Defense stat and the higher number of physically based immediate attackers it can feasibly check, a more specially inclined spread can be used to allow Alomomola to better take on Choice Specs users such as Slowking and Typhlosion, as well as allowing it to take powerful Blizzards from hail teams better. Scald, along with a Bold nature, can be used over Waterfall, allowing Alomomola the chance to burn Pokemon on the switch. However, it should be noted that Alomomola will be doing very little damage directly with this move when taking into account its minuscule base 40 Special Attack, making it even more vulnerable to Substitute users. An investment in Special Attack can be made when using Scald to mitigate this issue, though it does noticeably detract from Alomomola's ability to take repeated powerful hits. Considering how uncommon it is for Alomomola to use its attacking moves, Healing Wish is actually a very viable option. Though when played well, Alomomola can survive through the entirety of the match, a point is often reached at which it becomes more exploitable than helpful; Healing Wish allows Alomomola to be useful one last time by completely rejuvenating a teammate, allowing a sweeper or heavy hitter to gain a second chance to do its job. Considering Alomomola's access to multiple sources of recovery, Rocky Helmet is a usable option over Leftovers, allowing it to passively wear down physical attackers such as Entei and Druddigon.</p>

<p>The best partners for Alomomola can appreciate its Wishes and take on the stat-boosting Pokemon that it innately lures in. Druddigon and Escavalier are both very solid teammates in this regard, being capable of shrugging off the Grass- and Electric-type attacks aimed at Alomomola and in turn can steamroll through various Pokemon with their powerful attacks. Both Pokemon are rather vulnerable to being worn down, so Wish support from Alomomola is greatly appreciated. Magneton is also a very solid partner, resisting both Electric- and Grass-type attacks and being able to threaten Water-types that Alomomola can only Toxic, as well as trapping Pokemon such as Klinklang and Ferroseed that would otherwise switch into Alomomola repeatedly and set up on it. Grass-types also provide good defensive synergy with Alomomola. Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Roselia are able to take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Alomomola without much hassle, with the former forming a bulky Regenerator core with Alomomola and the latter being capable of setting up Spikes to wear down the Pokemon that threaten Alomomola. Cryogonal is also a solid partner to Alomomola, using Rapid Spin to prevent Alomomola from being worn down by hazard damage and offering a solid special wall with access to Haze to prevent setup sweepers such as Lilligant from getting out of hand.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Alomomola's niche in the tier is somewhat exclusive to taking on non-boosting attackers and using Wish, it is largely restricted in what other options it can realistically use. Calm Mind is a neat idea for mitigating its lower Special Defense and allowing Scald to hit harder, but it would realistically need to set up for several turns to be dealing respectable damage with its attacks&mdash;a highly unrealistic feat, considering offensive teams will be capable of breaking through it before it becomes threatening, and defensive teams will simply phaze it away or cripple it with status before it becomes dangerous. Similar to Calm Mind, Light Screen can be used to buffer Alomomola and its team against special attacks for a period of time. Safeguard is also available to temporarily protect Alomomola and its teammates from status. Hydration is an interesting ability that could allow Alomomola to constantly revitalize itself in rain by using Rest, but with turns of rain being valuable to a rain team for attacking with powerful sweepers, it is highly counterproductive to be wasting them attempting to wall Pokemon.</p>

[Checks & Counters]

<p>While very few Pokemon can actually stop Alomomola from using Wish directly, there are certainly Pokemon that take advantage of and threaten it. Defensively speaking, Spikes users such as Qwilfish, Ferroseed, and Roselia are capable of setting up hazards for free on Alomomola, being immune to Toxic and resistant to Waterfall. Toxic users can cripple Alomomola, putting it on a timer each time it comes in. Grass-types, particularly specially offensive ones such as Sceptile and Lilligant, switch in with impunity on anything but Toxic and can set up all over Alomomola and threaten it with their STAB attacks. As for setup sweepers, Pokemon carrying Lum Berry, Substitute, or an immediately threatening Electric- or Grass-type attack can for the most part find opportunities to set up on Alomomola and beat it one-on-one. Examples of these include Swords Dance Gallade, Dragon Dance Crawdaunt, and Quiver Dance Lilligant.</p>

GP Approved 2/2

looks like a lot of changes but a lot of it was stylistic to make it flow better! the grammar issues mostly consisted of its vs it's hehe

Very cool, thanks Woodchuck (I'm working on being more consistent with the its v.it's, honest ;-;) ^_^ This is good for upload whenever anybody is up for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)